April 24, 2024, 10:31:19 PM

Author Topic: Crowd Boo MACHEL @Triniposse  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Crowd Boo MACHEL @Triniposse
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »
Machel reah wey he going. I not going to give my opinion just fact from here on.
Machel came on stage in triniposse at about 3ish in de am on sunday morning. He started off with his road march contender red ants which he sang for atleast 30 mins straight. In between he bring some random indian fella from the crowd on stage; cause machel remeber him from some fete.
 In skinny lil indian man put down some moves had de crowd going real kicks..... he had some snake oil in de waist. After about 15 mins ah dat machel had to kinda run him off stage..lol

Machel next started talking with the crowd( red ants in de back ground still), see ah flag he didnt recognise ask the woman for it. The woman say she from somalia or something so(ah not sure ah was ind e cooler looking for a shandy) anyways machel proceeded to put the flag in he pants and wipe it under he arm so that she would "always carry him with her".
He then started singing red ants againnnnnnn. He notice something in de de crowd as ask the dj to take it down.
 I'll paraphrase for a bit now
" why is it that evertime i performing the police ruffing up some youth"
" officers allyuh hadda go out side and do that"
SEEMS POLICE IGNORED HIM
" I not going to continue if allyuh doh take that out side"
CONSTABLE AND THEM CONITNUED DOING THIER THING
" i Not continuing until allyuh go out side with that"
He then walked of stage!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the crowd was shocked to say the least. I heard ah sexy trini chinne chick behind em exclaim " buh wah de ass is this shit, he crazy".
At this point i personally had had enough of machel and he shit and since i was the DD i tell my crew grab cooler we out!! talk done. While making our way through the crod the mc tried to get machel back on stage by saying" Triniposse crew are you ready to machel montano to come back on say yeah yeah"( or somehting to that effect)
 The result was the 30% yeah, 70% BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
mankind was shoked lemme tell yuh...but ha was glad people fed up ah he shit.
The mc tried again and this time almost in unison u heard ah resounding BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
He didnt seem to smart he tried a few more times and the boos just got louder. Other people began picking up thier coolers and riding out too.
 Some people in the crown were mumbling they pay to see machel and they want him back out, but i think the vast majority was booing.
They played music(machel tunes) for a bit. When we reached the entrance the Mc tried ah different approach, he said that we respect the police and the good job they doing etc, but the show hadda go on, ....
"are u ready for MAchel Montano HD..........__________________(fill in the blanks)
When i was driving home and stuck in traffic for about ah 20 mins as far as i know he hadnt come back out.

The protective services outside including the firefighters were real pissed off at machel. I heard people outside telling the police doh take that asshole on allyuh doing a good job.

I totally agree. Thus far the protective services have done a real good job. This morning on the way to Jouvert they had a huge road block that blocked of traffic all the way back into diego and westmorrings and no one eh seem to make no scene really. They was searching people and cars "randomly" i see ah car with some white forgieners getting searched along with some gunta looking youths.

at any rate big up to the police and them.
Alot of people i spoke to about that incident seem to have had enough of machel. But with trinis i know dais usually in theory cause we a country of apathethic mouth murders. I know for one i not going to his AC concerts. I know  wont be able to not go a fete and see him, once i wanna fete for de canrival, but assness is assness and i have had enough!

Allyuh go see meh round de savanna tomorrow  :drool:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:22:21 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crowd Boo MACHEL @Triniposse
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »
I read about it elsewhere and basically the report was verbatim... you said it best, he really reach where he going.  I think people... myself included are really tired of the erratic behavior, which seemingly is only getting worse.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
Machel reah wey he going. I not going to give my opinion just fact from here on.
Machel came on stage in triniposse at about 3ish in de am on saturday night.

Right dey.....story loss all credibility  ;D lol

but seriously damn....diva
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »
Machel came on stage in triniposse at about 3ish in de am on saturday night.

Right dey.....story loss all credibility  ;D lol

but seriously damn....diva
lol...man after 7 or 8 shandy and a green sands or 2 anyone go get tipsy
 :P
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 09:32:16 PM »
he need some PR
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »
Bull Piscle

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 07:46:40 AM »
Bull Piscle

Thanks eh Q I guess it was obvious
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »
High school all over again for Machel... :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »
good thing i didnt go that fete yes..

i see the traffic start by west mall and i say that eh worth it for a fete finishing at 4am, so i make a U-turn and hit something else..

i woulda be real sour.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
organic i had yuh shandy man...but yuh right...he also announced to the police that this was not a police station and he could leave easy and go insomnia...wen he walked off nobody was really crying for him to come back..i stayed till the end of the fete..literally till music done..i real glad i have a 4x4..cuz had traffic like mad and i was lucky enuff to jus drive near de ocean cross some drains and come back toward the road somewhere around kfc..

anyways...carnival was great..missed it for a 4 years and hopefully wont be another 4
Back in Trini...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
Now me ain't no fan of Machel, never was and still not planning to be. But I enjoy his music. That being said, I like to give Jack he jacket when I think he deserves it. I am giving Machel his jacket for bringing back some long time stalwarts into the Soca world today (Note me ain't say Calypso). He started with Drupatee and mash up the place with Real Unity. Then he came with Calypso Rose with 'What she want?', then Sparrow 'Congo Man' and David Rudder with 'Oil and Music.  
(I feel I missing somebody in that list. Feel free to add). The man bring Beenie Man with 'Outa Space', Walker with "With or Without you - Bono". He went and get Peter Minshall's voice from behind dey curtain with ah song 'Jab Jab'. Genius??? I ain't know, but it's something to think about. Granted it was David Rudder that started it with Roaring Lion 'Netty Netty and Ms Dorothy' in 1993, but nobody pick up until 1999, except he.  

The trend continues, because now after watching Soca Monarch finals last week Friday, Drupatee (Hunter), Johnny King (Wincrester) and Calypso Rose (FayAnn) came back to grace us with their talents. I'm not saying Machel brought people out of the retirement home eh? All i'm saying he 'helped' bring them back to remind us where it all started. Special mention to Bunji and Maestro's voice with 'Firey'...oh gorm ;D

There are some things that should be left alone..because it's priceless as it is, but gosh could you imagine a revap of Bees Melody???

datz all ah gone

p.s I still think he's ah mudda ass, and one day he go get jam... but ah giving him props.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:19:22 AM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
okay coming back to this ting

so lemme get this straight. he get vex and walk off dey stage because he saw some police men ruffing up someone in dey crowd (who knows ah pick pocketer, someone with a knife) ?? is not like people were fighting etc ???

so police doing dey job and he get vex ?  thats basically what happen ?
nah allyuh

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
He started with Drupatee and mash up the place with Real Unity. Then he came with Calypso Rose with 'What she want?', then Sparrow 'Congo Man' and David Rudder with 'Oil and Music.  
(I feel I missing somebody in that list. Feel free to add). Melody???

datz all ah gone

p.s I still think he's ah mudda ass, and one day he go get jam... but ah giving him props.

he and Nelson re-do We Like it.  that was even before Drupatee if I recall correctly.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
He started with Drupatee and mash up the place with Real Unity. Then he came with Calypso Rose with 'What she want?', then Sparrow 'Congo Man' and David Rudder with 'Oil and Music.  
(I feel I missing somebody in that list. Feel free to add). Melody???

datz all ah gone

he and Nelson re-do We Like it.  that was even before Drupatee if I recall correctly.

Wasn't that was in 2005 with B.O.D.Y?

But after checking with meh files, i'm adding on on the list

Pang Pang (J’ouvert move) – Machel Montano feat. General Grant
What They Say (They Say) – Machel Montano and Shadow
Biggie – Lord Nelson
Disco Grand Daddy – Lord Nelson

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 12:23:02 AM »
Organic or anyone, what "stupidness" yuh meant when you talk bout machel?I have been living out of the country since 2001, AND i ADMIT I sleeping on some of the soca goins-on.I still have this image of Machel Montano as loved by everyone.Give me some examlples of supposedly things he did before   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:26 AM »

Nah dat was way back in like 2000... couple ah dem did do ah tribute to Nello dat year, Square One did La La, for instance.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 05:16:29 AM »

Nah dat was way back in like 2000... couple ah dem did do ah tribute to Nello dat year, Square One did La La, for instance.

Thank ya sar, I was getting ah grey hair wondering about that sound in particular.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 05:31:46 AM »

Was in 98 on the Charge album.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 05:35:38 AM »

Was in 98 on the Charge album.

yes sar ;D
ah now do ah google on Machel Montano HD website and watch dey album cover for Charge

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
saw the post while I was in TnT, but didn't have time to comment. It seems Mr Machel getting ah lil to big for he own good. I was one leading the boo.. he kerry orn like an ass. Crawl back on stage like ah dog between he tail, cause he know he get boo. Ah still jump, wave, chook and raid man cooler when he did come back orn stage though.

Machel can work a crowd like no other in the soca game..and he fack well knows it.

1]; } ?>