April 25, 2024, 01:43:02 PM

Poll

Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?

Roberto Martínez
Roy Keane
Frank Rijkaard
Roberto Mancini
Luiz Felipe Scolari

Author Topic: Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?  (Read 17925 times)

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: zoran varnes for head coach !!!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
Coachin youths....who are impressionable, want to make a team, and for the most part eager to learn...

is very different than coaching hard back professionals, many of whom are exposed to international coaches and coaching methods, and will question your tactics, training methods, disciplinary style, etc.

Which is why somebody like Hannibal Najjar got little or no respect from certain players on the senior mens national team

and Leo Beenhakker...he who was coach of Holland, Real Madrid, Mexico etc, was given the ultimate respect by ALL players.

Vranes good right where he is.  He is not the answer in my opinion.  I eh sayin Maturana is the answer mind you.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »
Fenwick should have been the HC long time.

Offline babbaboy

• New Warrior
  • de babba rule things !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
sand prince ...i have a very good reason why corneal shouldnt be anywhere near a national team ...the reason is "favoritism" ...il take you back to a time when corneal was in charge of the u 20 team with rising stars such as brent rahim , nigel 'crock" , adei rique forgive the spellings ..etc ..on that team he also had outstanding individuals from the south land such as vijay samaroo from pres , micheal forgenie good left back from pres, addison belfone  right back from benedicts and a very very good central/midfield general type player from princess town senior cant remember his name right now ...guesss who many south players made that team ??? zerooo.guess what that u 20 team accomplished ??? zerooo...but what i thought was funny was that the very next year he was in charge of joe public fc and he then invited all those south players who he discared from the u 20 team ..i guess they were good enough for joe public but not for the u20 incidently that team were actually better with those players included ..i challange you to name 5 players he has nutured and any measure he has achieved with any national team or any team for that matter ..i would really like to see his accomplishments ..in any case a youth coach has a very very important role in the development of a player and i havnt seen any fruits he has produced ...as usuall i accept commments ...Go warriors..       

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »
Vranes cyar handle de star boys on de senior team.He had de senior team before and dem men could ah do anything.He has a decent football brain but zero with disciplining and controlling key oversees players.It could be a respect ting.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
Aye babba boy you think i give a shit if Corneal beacame coach of the NT..i am not vouching for him.i am asking you what is the DIFFERENCE between his past success and Vranes past success with youth teams?..what makes Varnes much better..and as for your little speech about "favouritism"..every coach can be label favouring different players..and what do you mean by "nurturing".lol.if you going to use Vranes success with the u20 team as "nurturing" then what is the argument against Corneal success with the past U17 team as for "nurturing"..
.you have yet to say what seperate Vranes from most candidates for the NT team job..what success has he have with senior teams at club or national team level??
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:01:24 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
Like others have said, Vranes has had his chance (more than once!) and didn't do no better than Afroman has.

Fenwick.....ah thought he done burn too many bridges by now, but I would be interested in seeing what he could achieve. Not sure if Lata's would be happy though as I thought he is interested in the job.

Offline babbaboy

• New Warrior
  • de babba rule things !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »
sandoooo you playing devil's advocate aight...well i really dont have me stat sheet right here in front of meh butttt..i have been around the scene for a while now and i usually do a good job of evaluating coaches but how their team plays .For corneal to get the top job dont he have to produce and the bottom job first ?? it isnt ok just to be around but u have to prove worthy ..i simply dont think he has produced enough goods ..as for the other posters comment bout varnes not being able to handle foreign players ..i think that can be said for alot of coaches ..i think he simply expected men to behave like men..instead they choose to break camp etc ..but his teams have always played attractive "trini" football. if im not to far off i believe he was in charge of the u 23 team that had dwarika , evens wise , mulrain , garcia etc and that team was the best youth team ive seen play in trini barring the present youth team which i havnt seen ..      

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »
Coachin youths....who are impressionable, want to make a team, and for the most part eager to learn...

is very different than coaching hard back professionals, many of whom are exposed to international coaches and coaching methods, and will question your tactics, training methods, disciplinary style, etc.

Which is why somebody like Hannibal Najjar got little or no respect from certain players on the senior mens national team

and Leo Beenhakker...he who was coach of Holland, Real Madrid, Mexico etc, was given the ultimate respect by ALL players.

Vranes good right where he is.  He is not the answer in my opinion.  I eh sayin Maturana is the answer mind you.

Cosign especially d part bout Mats. :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
I like Fenwick, think he doing a good job at Jabloteh, but I don't think he would be successful with the national team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »
I like Fenwick, think he doing a good job at Jabloteh, but I don't think he would be successful with the national team.

Not goin 2 happen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »

Not goin 2 happen

never,never,never  bad talk ttff too much in the past..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:06:32 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

Not goin 2 happen

never,never,never  bad talk ttff too much in the past..

Yep

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
Babbaboy I agree with you on the fact that it is evident that our team is not playing to our potential as we did in WC'06 and unfortunately the coach is the one who has the ultimate responsibility of ensuring our players are prepared and perform well. As Palos said these coaches need to be someone who can handle ego's and can earn our players full respect, I'm not saying Maturana is sh#* ??? but he's not getting us to perform as we should. I do not have the answer of who should coach us but we should've been sitting on top of the table with 6 points. And I cannot understnd why Daryl Roberts and Julius James is not on our squad, is it because of selection politics? These fellas well disciplined and talented and are playing at a higher level than most of our current players.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 10:52:12 PM »
Julius julius every minute. He aint no good. Maybe if he improve but his reading of the game is poor for international standard and he slow too. I would give fenwick a bly. He has good respect.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »
check how some ah allyuh sick...anton get the team to u-17 WC...no calls for him to get the senior job
Vranes get the U-20 to the wc..give Vranes the job..tell me
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »
check how some ah allyuh sick...anton get the team to u-17 WC...no calls for him to get the senior job
Vranes get the U-20 to the wc..give Vranes the job..tell me

Thast the point i was trying to make to bababoy...i am not vouching for Anton but what is the difference from giving Anton the job than giving vranes the job..they both had success with the youth teams..and bababoy still cannot give me a reasonable answer..the best he can come up with is Anton favours players and Vranes does not..Anton has not nurtured players and Vranes has done so....still dont get what makes Vranes a better candidate...at this point in T&T NT team football we need a coach who has had success with senior teams in the past (whether it be club or country)...and i aint even mention the fact that Vranes has been head coach in the pat before.....

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »
The brother made some good points about Intensity and psychology and raising their game for 90 minutes.
 However Varnes had this team twice and as someone said -He has problems with star boys.
 Latapy is the coach after Maturana. The WHEN is the question?

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 07:19:08 AM »
i see beenie under pressure with poland, some callin fuh he head, poland 5th out ah 6 in their qualifing group
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
See Jaden the funny thing about coaching is you have to find the right fit, just like ah gyal  ;D. What I'm trying to say is you may not be able to get each team you coach to respond the way you want them to, as we saw when Beenie as in charge our team rose to another level now under Mats, it's not the same, as I think we look mediocre at best. Who knows Maturana maybe able to look like a world class coach with another country where is philosophy and style works but to me I don't think he's the right fit for us at the moment. Who knows if he and Beenie switches it might be a win/win situation for both countries :)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »
last time we missed out on the Gold Cup:

2003:

"Najjar, who accepted the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) post last October, failed to guarantee the “Soca Warriors” an automatic place in the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup after falling 3-1 to Cuba at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella last Sunday.

The T&TFF yesterday announced Najjar’s resignation via a press release, which further stated that ex-Joe Public coach, Zoran Vranes, would be returned to serve as interim coach."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
Difference between Anton and Vranes

ALVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
CORNEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Possible new coaches for the Soca Warriors
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
OK hands down here is the partial soloution to our problem

STEPS
1) Fire Pancho

Pancho is clearly getting paid for nothing, The guy is all dressed up and hides in the dug out for the entire game and i am sure just like the last loss to the US he ducks the media after a loss. We have seen the Best Alex Fergie, Scolari, Pep Guadiola, Morunio, Arsene Wenger, Benietz, Hiddink even New comers Maradona, During a game wining or losing shouting instructions to players on the field, Pancho does Nada
We see no Tactical moves from the bench to change a game or even to make an influencial start to a game.

In football Know your players and thier abilities dont add players cause they are big names on thier respective teams but its a known fact that they cant trap a ball to save their lives, so they head the ball well use them in defence

Look at Bob Bradley, the man had a clear plan Expose the left wing Akiel Edwards is weak and gets no help from Daniel so Press there. Beasley was put to man mark carlos as speed  was requied to shut down carlos. Master tactics Hats off to BOB. Took an offensive player and made them defensive as a tactical move

So Fire Pancho then What?

I would rather give latas a chance because clearly we are getting nothing from pancho, but we need latas on the field and latas likes to give preference to "Theobald" who should have lossed his spot years ago. I would give Dwight a shot but we need him on the field as well.

where do we go from here what coaches are availale at this last minute, Jack betta reach out and touch somebody and do it this week
Whats the soloution guys we know pancho has to go but whats our next move? How about a US coach they are a tactically sound bunch of People at any sport.

Jack we need you, or someone please give us a soloution,
Dear almighty GOD please feel free to post here too as you may have the answer that no man has Ps: we have step one covered what next?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: COACHING SOLOUTION? any ideas
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
Well since he should have been fired since d short pants man beat oui last yr. Maybe d man dey want contract now expire. We cyah do worse unless is HN/BSC

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »
Fenwick.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »
Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Mancini, Sven Goran Ericcsson, Ruud Gullit, Rudi Voeller, Lothar Mattheus, Zoran Vranes, Theodore Whitmore.

That's your shortlist. Anyone of the above is a significant upgrade to what we have now

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Yorke whispering in Jack ears.....
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
Russell
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke whispering in Jack ears.....
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
Hope not hope is a gr8 coach and Russell

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke whispering in Jack ears.....
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
i whispering in jack ears ANYBODY ELSE No more DENTIST
they giving the nation tooth and headaches

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
One thing Beenie brought us was defense, we are defending badly and being beaten to the position...whomever it maybe I think this should be a concern.

1]; } ?>