March 28, 2024, 09:08:39 AM

Poll

Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?

Roberto Martínez
Roy Keane
Frank Rijkaard
Roberto Mancini
Luiz Felipe Scolari

Author Topic: Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?  (Read 17749 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: COACHING SOLOUTION? any ideas
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:15 PM »
SH

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Stephan Hart should Replace maturana if he is replaced
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »
here is the link..save the moderators the time http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=43145.0

thanks but SH deserve a seperate thread breds

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »
Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Mancini, Sven Goran Ericcsson, Ruud Gullit, Rudi Voeller, Lothar Mattheus, Zoran Vranes, Theodore Whitmore.

That's your shortlist. Anyone of the above is a significant upgrade to what we have now
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I won't beat yuh up....I think yuh made a mistake.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2009, 11:18:34 PM »
i votin for terry fenwick...we cant really go for some out of d way coach who needs time to integrate himself wit d team and d climate of trinidad football....fenwick done here long time and he knows the trinbago  player pool well...and he also sounds like he knows his stuff..at least give it to terry in d interim...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr Jack Warner: Possible New Coaches for the Socawarriors
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
We all know that when teams change managers, there is usally a period called "new manager syndrome" when for some reason, either players getting re-energised, or playing to re-impress or prove themselves, or just a change in team vibes, the team sometimes improves dramatically.
It may not be a long term result (eg Sbragia with sunderland now or Keegan last time with Newcastle), but all we need is 7, or 9 games with good results.
We saw what happens when we get so called big name coaches. Players naturally show much more effort and play better, simply because of the trust and respect factor. That is a big part of what you pay for.
It is very hard to envisage Maturana giving stirring half time talks in the dressing room to inspire their players to give their blood out on the field, based on his body language and the mere fact he cant even talk english.
Also hard to trust a coach who says he does not even study the opposition (am i the only person who think this is pure fackery in this day and age?)...I hope he was just kidding to the visiting Honduran journalists...
But seriously though, the time is ripe for another coaching change.
We have changed about 40 i am sure since Strike Squad, so lets not choose now to start thinking of sticking with one for long term benefits.

Please feel free to add to this list so Mr. Warner can have some more food for thought on his transatlantic flight sitting up in the 1st class cabin...

Some of my choices are

1) Bruce Arena (wil bring some American discipline to the team structure)
2) Frank Rijkaard (almost a Don Leo type change, and Dutch, cant beat that)
3)Ronald Koeman ( cheaper knockoff of Rijkaard)
4) Roy Keane (good discipline, but will not want to work for a man who he called a clown)
5) Rene Simoes (Jesus Saves?)
6) Zoran Vranes (we all know he would love to coach the senior team again)
7) David Nakhid (he have to start mending fences somehow)
8 ) Kevin Keegan (pure quality)
9) Terry Fenwick (the cheapest option, and can't be worse than the present situation)
10) Luiz Filipe Scolari (most expensive, but guaranteed of one foot in South Africa just with his signature)
11) Stephen Hart (has pedigree, just might be onto something...)
12) Roberto Mancini (language may be a bit of a problem)
13)Avram Grant (looking for a job)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:33:41 PM by Trini »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Jack Warner: Possible New Coaches for the Socawarriors
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
yuh forget Sven  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »
I found my self not finding a reason why your first choice couldn't make a good TnT coach. I think Bruce Arena is a good option. Did I just say dat?  Beating a guy was never and would never be we problem.. we does do dat for fun but dead trappin de ball now thats a little bit trickier.

Also terry Fenwick couldn't be worse than de current dude. And he is Local I think?  Vranes could be the team coach and let fenwick manage and lincoln direct and Jack collect. ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
Dirk Nicolaas "Dick" Advocaat :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »
Paul Ince
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2009, 12:58:13 AM »
i would give keane a shot. first he'll show de team some discipline and after that everything will take off.

Roy Keane, it'll be good excitement seeing him bun out Jack on a daily basis.  :devil:

haha keane go cuss him down  :devil:

You all crazy, Keane would go berserk after a few days of being around hard back pros who can't even cross properly. You all didn't see how enraged he was at Sunderland's below par players? His whole career was spent around top players, so its hard for him to wrap his mind around a hard back man not being able to do the essentials in football. Even if in an alternate universe Keane actually accepted the job, he would walk out after one week, though not before telling most of our players how their mothers conceived them.

I'm leaning on either Mancini-who can unquestionably ORGANISE teams into a solid hard to break down unit(exactly opposite of our current team) to grind out and GET RESULTS, which is what we need with 7 games left in WCQ, or Rijkaard, who knows how to integrate and utilise skilled players in an organised team. Of course neither of them will have an iota of interest in this bacchanal filled job, so if we're talking fantasy, the best man anywhere I can think of is Gus Hiddink. He knows how to work around players' limitations and use them most effectively, in a very organised and disciplined team, that can get results and are hard to break down. He's one of the few highest calibre managers in the game who has the stomach to work with players lacking in ability(Beenhacker was another, but our typical infighting and bacchanal made him ride out) and make a solid and winning team out of them, emphasizing and maximizing each individual's strengths, and playing down the weak parts of their game, imho. Most top and winning managers are only accustomed and probably only have the patience with world class or close to world class players.(e.g. Mourinho, Sir Alex, Rijkaard, Mancini, Roy Keane(though new), and Scolari)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2009, 01:15:33 AM »
Though a good few of those coaches might actually have the stomach to mould some less than world class players(so much potential but sadly most of our players never develop the final product) with some good training, and make them into a solid team.(like beenie did)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
We all know that when teams change managers, there is usally a period called "new manager syndrome" when for some reason, either players getting re-energised, or playing to re-impress or prove themselves, or just a change in team vibes, the team sometimes improves dramatically.
It may not be a long term result (eg Sbragia with sunderland now or Keegan last time with Newcastle), but all we need is 7, or 9 games with good results.
We saw what happens when we get so called big name coaches. Players naturally show much more effort and play better, simply because of the trust and respect factor. That is a big part of what you pay for.
It is very hard to envisage Maturana giving stirring half time talks in the dressing room to inspire their players to give their blood out on the field, based on his body language and the mere fact he cant even talk english.
Also hard to trust a coach who says he does not even study the opposition (am i the only person who think this is pure fackery in this day and age?)...I hope he was just kidding to the visiting Honduran journalists...
We have changed about 40 i am sure since Strike Squad, so lets not choose now to start thinking of sticking with one for long term benefits.

Please feel free to add to this list so Mr. Warner can have some more food for thought on his transatlantic flight sitting up in the 1st class cabin...

Some of my choices are

4) Roy Keane (good discipline, but will not want to work for a man who he called a clown)
9) Terry Fenwick (the cheapest option, and can't be worse than the present situation)
10) Luiz Filipe Scolari (most expensive, but guaranteed of one foot in South Africa just with his signature)

bennie man done spread the bad word around. them fellas not comin to t&t.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »

Some of my choices are

Nah Wim who spread we name like butter to a knife. We go get a next goat no serious coach comin unless he get d no interference clause
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »

LOL, thats the same thing I said a few days ago!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
Get rid Jack first.!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
Get rid Jack first.!!!!

U 4get 2 add 2 d 2 sons in d get rid off.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »

LOL, thats the same thing I said a few days ago!

and to add have you ever thought of the various questions that agents have to answer about players coming out of the region.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »
They may get a coach who want to make a name for himself someone i hope who can take the team to a higher level and even at the wc.2010. That's if they get rid of maturana. Stay tuned in

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »
They may get a coach who want to make a name for himself someone i hope who can take the team to a higher level and even at the wc.2010. That's if they get rid of maturana. Stay tuned in

Exactly baby steps get rid of d goat ahora.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
Lewwe make sure they rid us of pancho first , before we could study ah next coach.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
listen...jess get any PE teacher yes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
 Bruce Arena or if not Fenwick

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »
Although many forumites would disagree with me, I feel strongly that Wim Rijsbergen would be the right choice for us right now. He's already familiar with the style of play in Trinidad. He's already worked with the world cup pros back in 2006. Also, he proved that he could do much with very little during the black list period.

I am a wishful thinker to believe that it might be remotely possible that the TTFF and Wim could bury the hatchet in pursuit of the big picture and get the show back on the road. I'd like to think that they might read this thread and consider it!  :)

Now back to reality! If we can't consider Wim, then may be we should give Terry Fenwick a chance. The Little Magician is not ready for the #1 role just yet and I wouldn't put that burden on him so early.

Although I felt it was fair the give Mats as many chances as possible, it's probably time to follow the example of Mexico and Jamaica and put someone else behind the helm. Otherwise, we may have to start preparing ourselves for 2014!

PS: For those of you who would say that Wim dissed the Pro League, just remember that Mats did the same thing although he was a little more tactful in how he said it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:28:04 PM by CarenageBoy »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2009, 05:14:52 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ah feel this one make mih day, and de day only now start....

.....and CarenageBoy you REAL brave yes....let me ask you something, yuh have a "S" on yuh chest??   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2009, 05:39:54 AM »

.....and CarenageBoy you REAL brave yes....let me ask you something, yuh have a "S" on yuh chest??   ;D

Brownsugar,

I know I getting licks for saying this!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2009, 06:55:55 AM »
Wim as coach .. lol ....nuff said ...Terry Fenwick is a good option he knows the TT players he's been around for a long time and he knows the young players ..... we've nothing to lose I'd try him!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:06:15 PM by Ngozi »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »
realistically terry fenwick is the best option.

ngozi i hope yuh was talking about Fenwick instead of venables because i doubt venables know where trinidad and tobago is, far less for we young players!!! LOL!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

Brownsugar,

Why licks? You presented a reasonable argument. I wouldn't have recommended him myself, but why not?

Would Fenwick be interested in taking on the job? He's been quite vocal about the whole issue of late, he's obviously no stranger to T&T culture (and the politics of the sport) so he might indeed be the logical choice... at least short term.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »

Brownsugar,

Why licks? You presented a reasonable argument. I wouldn't have recommended him myself, but why not?

Would Fenwick be interested in taking on the job? He's been quite vocal about the whole issue of late, he's obviously no stranger to T&T culture (and the politics of the sport) so he might indeed be the logical choice... at least short term.

the ttff doh know what name so
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>