April 26, 2024, 05:14:14 PM

Author Topic: Tito Lara  (Read 2201 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Tito Lara
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
I heard something, but I ain't want to say what I hear until someone come in here and say something.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Tito Lara
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »
something
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
something

Ya clown. Ya know dey Lara Brothers ent ? Dey Parang Kings of Trinidad and Tobago. I fed up throw waist in Paramin during dey Christmas season when Tito start to throw blade.

Today I heard something bout another voice gone....
So ah waiting for ah local to come ein and tell meh if it's a rumor or if Tito come on WACK and say he still strumming dey cuarto, because dem expats who ah does listen too does get wrong information..

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
aye Capo
ya see dat
ya do what was asked and wha happen?   
buff :devil: :devil: ent?

you two is kicks oui :rotfl:
Thanks
yuh could neva please this complicated specimen.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
aye Capo
ya see dat
ya do what was asked and wha happen?   
buff :devil: :devil: ent?

you two is kicks oui :rotfl:
Thanks
yuh could neva please this complicated specimen.

yet allyuh does like to poke it wid ah pin ent ?

doh mash up meh thread Caps, ah waiting for ah local to gimme some news here

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Tito Lara one of the founding members of the legendry Parang Group the Lara Brothers died today.

The band started its musical journey in the 1940’s and has been described as one of the enduring and popular Parang bands in the country.

Details of his passing are still coming to hand but News Power understands he had been ailing for some time.

National Parang Association Official Ricardo Rambally in an interview with News Power said his death is great loss to the fraternity and the nation.
Info from power 102 fm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:10:44 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »
My condolences to his Family

Tito Lara one of the founding members of the legendary Parang Group the Lara Brothers died today.

The band started its musical journey in the 1940’s and has been described as one of the enduring and popular Parang bands in the country.

Details of his passing are still coming to hand but News Power understands he had been ailing for some time.

National Parang Association Official Ricardo Rambally in an interview with News Power said his death is great loss to the fraternity and the nation.
Info from power 102 fm

Parang mourns great loss
By LARA PICKFORD-GORDON Saturday, February 28 2009

THE local parang community was yesterday mourning the sudden passing of Tito Lara, veteran vocalist and cuatro player, who along with his brother Willie Lara, kept traditional parang music alive with their band the Lara Brothers.

Tito, 82, was walking along Blackford Road in Cantaro at about 12.40 pm when he suddenly fell, hit his head and collapsed at the side of the road. He died near his home.

Neighbour Lincoln Roberts, who lived in the house opposite to where Lara fell, said “some kids came and told me a gentleman fell down and when I looked I saw it was Mr Tito. I just came up put some water on him, put something under his head, like he got a seizure or something from the heat.” Lara died shortly after. He would have been 83 on April 13.

His body was covered with a pink sheet and lay on the road for three hours before the District Medical Officer arrived. Several family members kept vigil over the body.

Willie Lara said his brother was ailing last year but had gotten better for Christmas. Both brothers performed for the past 63 years.

“It was the both of us for so long and then to see one of us gone it means we have to practice afresh now. Fresh business have to take place. We have to start all over again. We have his son here and other members to carry on,” Lara said.

Music was a significant part of Tito’s life and Willie laughed aloud as he recalled how his brother “come from playing at a show and when he reach home he didn’t feel to sleep he would just start playing the cuatro and sing.”

Tito was a father of nine and had several grandchildren. Manager for Lara Brothers, Eugene Lopez said Tito will be missed but the band will continue. He said the band had performed for more than two months while Tito was ill last year.

The Lara brothers band originally comprised Willie, Antonio also known as “Toy”, Tito and Victor Lara. “Que Venga” and “La Gaita” are among the Lara Brothers’ best known hits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© newsday.co.tt - www.newsday.co.tt 
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,95841.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:22:51 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
Gloria, one of ya boys reach girl....
Parang....parang RIP

Offline boss