April 27, 2024, 12:45:46 PM

Author Topic: Down Sizing Do You Have A Back Up Plan  (Read 5505 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Down Sizing Do You Have A Back Up Plan
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Yep. fire the babysitter, cut down on the amount of days of daycare for the kidlets and stay home and be a full time mommy  :angel:

Might even learn to cook caribbean food while I at it.
if u cyar cook ah pelau stop callin yuhself ah trini

I learn to cook when I move to New York. Living on my own, no mother or grandmother to cook for me. SO If you ask me to make a lasagna or a shepards pie... I could do it with my eyes closed. Couple years ago, armed with a Naparima Cookbook, I make a curry chicken and potato by myself. Then I called moms and grams. That was a good moment. I ent ashamed to admit it. Now I moving on to other things .. Like Callaloo. Just because I cant cook it dont mean I don't enjoy it. And dont make me less of a trini. I sure I could beat you in rum and cokes and all fours :devil:
i is ah johnny black coconut water man as fuh de all fours,ah born with ah deck in meh hand.lol.
talking bout All Fours
I does play this more than solitaire
http://www.allfoursonline.com/

Oh hell yeah, I go put that on my laptop when I get home.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »
Amber alert thread kidnap.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:43 PM »
Weary thanks for the alertment Capo ,West ,cutie,trini cana  stop alyuh bull shit ok i not playing that jus stop that shit this is not trinbago no kidnappin taking place hear yuh here .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 12:15:21 AM »
Weary thanks for the alertment Capo ,West ,cutie,trini cana  stop alyuh bull shit ok i not playing that jus stop that shit this is not trinbago no kidnappin taking place hear yuh here .
sorry
sorry
 ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »
oh god doh boff meh nah.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
 :( :( :(

well in any event dais my backup plan  :-*
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »

What to drink coconut water and Jonny and play all 4's :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »
i still have a work.

but if they sack me, i chilling and collecting unemployment for 6 months.

then we go see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:37 PM »

What to drink coconut water and Jonny and play all 4's :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
nah she is ah rum and coca cola gyul.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »

Ah women after my heart LOL :devil: :beermug:

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »

well I reach home now and is the weekend so I going an mix myself a rum and coke for starters to unwind  :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »
If when you go to work on Monday your boss told you that they are down sizing and he would have to lay off some people, what would you do or say to your boss to convince him that you should not be one of those people?
Or do you have a back up plan and you  say to him i don't give ah fack what yuh do, because i don't like this job anyway. With the way things going these days i am quite shure many of us think about it and just int want to worry to much, so you kind of ignore it  hoping that if your neighbour house is on fire yours would not ketch  . 

join the post office

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/05/postal.service.relocation/index.html
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »
If when you go to work on Monday your boss told you that they are down sizing and he would have to lay off some people, what would you do or say to your boss to convince him that you should not be one of those people?
Or do you have a back up plan and you  say to him i don't give ah fack what yuh do, because i don't like this job anyway. With the way things going these days i am quite shure many of us think about it and just int want to worry to much, so you kind of ignore it  hoping that if your neighbour house is on fire yours would not ketch  . 

join the post office

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/05/postal.service.relocation/index.html
dais 3.5 times the size of my house........indoor pool :o.............relocation is ah dream wid the USPS
sweetness indeed
postmasters makin over 68G's oui
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:18:31 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »

well I reach home now and is the weekend so I going an mix myself a rum and coke for starters to unwind  :beermug:
if that is to start,wuh yuh does finish with,ah few shot ah tequila.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »

LOL we have a little bar here, and I have a subscription to wine of the month club so bar stocked with all kinda wine, rum, mixed drinks,  Rum and coke to start, then I might have some baileys, then I usually end with a bottle of red or white wine. But only on Fridays or saturdays so I could sleep in a bit  :devil:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »
eh heh
doh mess wid de Tiara wearing Madam eh  :devil:
she go want she fruit loops in de mornin ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »

LOL we have a little bar here, and I have a subscription to wine of the month club so bar stocked with all kinda wine, rum, mixed drinks,  Rum and coke to start, then I might have some baileys, then I usually end with a bottle of red or white wine. But only on Fridays or saturdays so I could sleep in a bit  :devil:

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »
VSEP SHOCK

2,000 Govt workers defy Cabinet offer of separation packages

Renuka Singh

Saturday, March 7th 2009

Employees at the Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) are still reeling from the shocking news that they may be out of jobs.

The news reached workers yesterday through a senior BIR staff member who spoke with employees about the Cabinet's decision on Thursday to offer a Voluntary Separation Employment Programme (VSEP) to all employees of the BIR and the Customs and Excise and the opportunity to re-apply for employment under the soon-to-be-established Trinidad and Tobago Revenue Authority (TTRA), instead of being absorbed into the new Authority as was expected.

The TTRA is set to be a single entity that encompasses the Board of Inland Revenue and the Customs and Excise Division.

One employee at the BIR said she is simply confused by the whole thing. "I am just very surprised and very confused," she said in a telephone interview yesterday, under the condition of anonymity.

"We knew about the formation of the TTRA, but we naturally assumed that the employees would be absorbed into this new Authority. It happened when TTPost was formed and it happened when the Civil Aviation was formed, so why the change now?"

She said she still cannot understand how government employees can just be sent home without any real explanations.

"It's almost like all the employees were just fired. We don't even know what happens next."

President of the Public Services Association, Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, at a press conference held at the association's headquarters on Abercromby Street in Port of Spain, yesterday, said she felt it was "an act of betrayal".

She said the government betrayed the 2,000 members of the PSA who were depending on their decisions.

Primus said she was included in all the planning meetings held by the Minister of Finance, Karen Nunez Tesheira, up until the Cabinet's final decision on Thursday.

She said that both parties agreed on a mutual approach that bridged that gap between the two more radical approaches that were previously discussed-the big bang approach and the gradualist approach.

"A hybrid approach was agreed upon that reflected the four basic advantages the government was seeking, including revitalising management, maximum support for the top-level staff, allowing new modern management and tools, and allowing a large number of existing employees a chance for a job in the TTRA," she said.

She said even though all parties agreed on the hybrid plan, she received a call from Nunez-Tesheira on Thursday informing her that Cabinet had decided to offer VSEP instead.

"We will do what we have to do to protect job security of our employees," she said.

Primus said she was really very angry over this "dismantling of a public service".

She said that it is unfortunate that such a large majority is paying for the corrupt few that the government is trying to weed out.

And Primus insisted, "We ain't taking that so!"

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>