April 27, 2024, 09:41:02 PM

Author Topic: Sancho larging up T&T at Gillingham  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho larging up T&T at Gillingham
« on: September 28, 2005, 04:01:31 AM »
Goal hero Brent Sancho was delighted to score his first goal in English football and spoke of his World Cup aspirations.

Sancho: Harbouring a lifelong World Cup dream

Talking to BBC Radio Kent, the Trinidad & Tobago international said, "It was good to score and we kept a clean sheet defensively which was important.

"We've been letting in goals and it felt good to keep a clean sheet more than anything else and it was a deserved win.

"I gambled with the goal, the cross was brilliant and there wasn't much for me to do except glance the ball in."

Sancho will play for the Gills against Southend this weekend before jetting off to the Caribbean to prepare for the first of a crucial pair of World Cup qualifiers.

Talking to the official club website, Sancho couldn't hide his excitement at the prospect of qualifying for the World Cup.

"It has been my dream to play for them (Trinidad & Tobago) in a World Cup since I was a boy," he said.

"I was there last time we came close when we lost 1-0 to the USA in 1989. I was a ball-boy at that game. It brings back memories that we are so close. Trinidad is a small island, so it will be a phenomenal achievement.

"It is more than achievable and I cannot wait. We have got Panama away and Mexico at home. We need a win and a draw to be in with a chance, but two wins would be great. It is right there, and it is in our hands."

With Sancho and Ian Cox both in the T&T squad, many Gills fans are sure to adopt T&T as their second team should they (and England) qualify for the World Cup this coming summer. We all wish Brent, Coxy and the rest of the English-based SocaWarriors the best of luck in their upcoming attempts to qualify for the biggest stage of all.

Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho larging up T&T at Gillingham
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 04:22:42 AM »
WAY to go Sancho!!!

This man uses every chance he gets to send out great words of support for his team and country! We have no excuse not to do the same for the Warriors!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 04:54:49 AM »
Sancho is a real committed player on the field whether for club or contry, he gives heart and soul.

Big up to the Gills for winning this match and Sancho for netting the winner.

About Sancho and Cox, they will both travel with the rest of UK-based T&T pros on Monday and will meet up with the local team and staff in Miami before taking a connecting flight later that day to Panama for their all important World Cup qualifier against that country on October 8. The Warriors will then face Mexico on the 12 at home. Cox is still recovering and we will know more about his injury as time goes on, I hope his injury is not bad.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 06:20:52 AM »
Well done sancho, well done gills!! on de road to de world cup and promotion!!

congrats on your goal brent!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 06:54:30 AM »
see shotta yuh iz ah ballboy now but come 2010 who knows??????????????
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 07:40:47 AM »
Congrats to Sancho on scoring the goal. He score the winner. Hope he counld do the same against mexico .

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 05:08:19 PM »
Anton Pierre to replace Ian Cox for the games vs Panama and Mexico... Ian Cox told the TTFF Media that he would prefer not risk further damage or negative effect on Beenhakker’s team for the two vital matches...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 05:34:07 PM »
see shotta yuh iz ah ballboy now but come 2010 who knows??????????????
[/quote

nuff respect to morvant and his expiditious football caree that ended at the under 16 level

"ah navy man is not a fighting man"

member dat
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>