March 29, 2024, 01:04:01 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).  (Read 21499 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Canada U-20 (07-Mar-09).
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
What school did De Silva play Intercol with ??..cant remeber him as ah big name player in his school days..

CIC and won the Intercol

He scored a fantastic Double vs Muco in the semi's... bullets

Looking for highlights...will post them up when i find them

on another note...Hakeem King was the most goals in the North Zone Intercol in 2007 and he is currently away in one of the Carolina Uni's playing ball... he is my real good friend and He is the best finisher that I know (at the U20 Level)

Watch the first 2: 45 in this vid and look at his finish as well as his assist to De Silva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1UmITY0sK8

EDIT
 :D
Found highlights of all our(CIC) goals

Watch Hakeem King's finishing and Sean's bullets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24owQxk5fO4

Smalls,

Why isn't king with the team then?

Just curious, how come you never play intercol etc???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PATRIOT - Some Match Observations
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:53 AM »
7. NATURALLY LEFT-footed players - Cyrus and Adams, the latter who in IMHO would do a better job at SENIOR level than A. Edwards

HATER!!!  >:( :devil:

Dais me self! Ah either Like you or I don't... no middle ground!  ;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »
7. NATURALLY LEFT-footed players - Cyrus and Adams, the latter who in IMHO would do a better job at SENIOR level than A. Edwards

Yeah...like how yuh like Scott Sealey to start on de national team... :devil: :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:57 AM »

Yeah...like how yuh like Scott Sealey to start on de national team... :devil: :devil:
Low Blow dey Palos :rotfl: But even I have to admit Scott cyah make the CURRENT squad.. but at least I should see him bussin de net in next year's Champions League  :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
What school did De Silva play Intercol with ??..cant remeber him as ah big name player in his school days..

CIC and won the Intercol

on another note...Hakeem King was the most goals in the North Zone Intercol in 2007 and he is currently away in one of the Carolina Uni's playing ball... he is my real good friend and He is the best finisher that I know (at the U20 Level)

Watch the first 2: 45 in this vid and look at his finish as well as his assist to De Silva

EDIT

Smalls,

I left after Form 5... and when you are in Lower and Upper 6 your chances are better but I chose to do other courses in a different school... i got into Form 6 but I had to make a choice

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »

CIC and won the Intercol

EDIT

Smalls,

I left after Form 5... and when you are in Lower and Upper 6 your chances are better but I chose to do other courses in a different school... i got into Form 6 but I had to make a choice

So you were good enough of a player. ok, was just curious, breds.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »

CIC and won the Intercol

EDIT

Smalls,

I played every level except 1st 11 from form 1-4... form 5 broke my 5th metatarsal and was out for the season... I think with training and getting fit while in form 6.. I would have been in the 18 for sure...I lack fitness now...but I am a goal scorer

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »

CIC and won the Intercol

EDIT

Smalls,

I played every level except 1st 11 from form 1-4... form 5 broke my 5th metatarsal and was out for the season... I think with training and getting fit while in form 6.. I would have been in the 18 for sure...I lack fitness now...but I am a goal scorer

Since I don't remember you ever talking about your playing prowress here--and yuh still young--I always wondered how come you're not in the mix. Especially with your knowledge and love fo the game. If I had the knowledge of the game I have now when I was your age, I woulda be a much better prospect back then. I only made the bench at mucurapo in my day.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »
From previous match reports on our warm up matches, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by what I saw tonight! Fellow forumites, I am thoroughly impressed by this Under-20 team. Here's why:-

1. This is the FIRST T&T team since the Strike Squad and Bertille's Under-20 team that I have seen BUILD an attack from the back to forward line...as opposed to the usual BOOM-KICKOUT from the Goal-keeper

2. This is one of the most passionate and die-hard WARRIORS I have seen in a LOOOONG time...in fact, I had some flashbacks of that historic day in Dortmund - June 10th 2006

3. Defenders who CAN pass the ball comfortably and work a proper off-side trap...Canada fell into same numerous occasions

4. Good close control and inter-passing in mid-field, and GREAT off the ball running into space by our forwards

5. Team mantained cohesion for most of the game - shape was basically kept except for a 15 min spell early in the 2nd half and again in the last 10 mins of playing time after we'd scored.

6. Strikers who applied pressure to opposing Goal-keeper and defenders

8. Glenroy Samuel was EXCELLENT tonight! Pulled off some much needed saves that kept us in the game when it was STILL 0-0

9. Sean DeSilva - I don't usually single out players but this young man REAL impresed me tonight! His short passing, dribbling and cross-field play were a sight to see! Links up with Leston Paul with an almost telepathic understanding... something like the Yorke/Latas relationship. And THAT free-kick! MAJECTIC!!! My Man of the Match

10. The Coach! I heard a lot of criticsm from various forumites about Zoran Vranes, but from what I saw tonight, he has us playing a nice atacking 3-5-2, VERY compact and organized and while we DO use the LONG-ball, it was done effectively, and you could see the strikers hae been prepared to chest-trap and take on opposing defenders. He was also VERY vocal and

OK, now for the bad news:- WE NEED A FINISHER, does NOT need to be fast, skillfull or particularly tall or big... just be able to put the ball in the back of the net!!! I saw T&T create no fewer than SIX clear-cut chances and conspire to throw them ALL away!!! All the good things I noted abive would have been undone, but not for DeSilva's brilliant free-kick! We could even have conceded had Samuel been less alert.

All in all I remain VERY positive about this bunch! Hopefully we WILL qualify for Egypt, but if NOT, THIS team needs to continue evolving together! LAstly, the team appears VERY together..subbed players hugged one another and there were long pre-match huddles at the beginning of each 1/2... T&T's future is beginning to look a little brighter!

Thanks for the Report P.  Well U20s.  Let's do it again.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
jus saw the highlights on Gayelle...WOW what a goal by da Silva....haven't seen such a good freekick ina  while.
However the opportunities we wasted were ridiculous...a couple of one on ones that should have been buried. Hope the finishing improves for the next match
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
jus saw the highlights on Gayelle...WOW what a goal by da Silva....haven't seen such a good freekick ina  while.
However the opportunities we wasted were ridiculous...a couple of one on ones that should have been buried. Hope the finishing improves for the next match

I tell all yuh like dey confuse when dey get in d box. Dey betta stop b confuse manana. Have 2 fight traffic and ting to get 2 MLS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »
yea..just saw the goal...outside right foot...nice..well done sean..great result tnt...

i dey for the next match...in de oval till tea ( 2;40)...then up de road to beat da traffic...go watch a movie in trincity...then head to the Marvin lee...come on tnt...this is what it is about
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »
we real throw away goals boy wow. we players need to sharpen up. that kinna finishing real poor dread
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Patriot, what yuh grinning at?

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »
Is Jamal injured,if so what is the nature of his injury

Thanks

Rastafari

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
It's about time we got a good portuguese player out of trini!! when i was in high school when fatima cic and john D was the big teams in colleges league, cic and fatima had a lot of boss white players, but is like dey does overs football after leaving school.

trini needs some variety on the team, we pool dun so small to exclude any talent. BTW that was a ronaldo strike!

i just saw small mag on CN3 news jumping up like a kangaroo when the goal scored.                   positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
It's about time we got a good portuguese player out of trini!! when i was in high school when fatima cic and john D was the big teams in colleges league, cic and fatima had a lot of boss white players, but is like dey does overs football after leaving school.

trini needs some variety on the team, we pool dun so small to exclude any talent. BTW that was a ronaldo strike!

i just saw small mag on CN3 news jumping up like a kangaroo when the goal scored.                   positive.

come to think of it, he kinda resemble a kangaroo too..  :devil:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
Patriot, what yuh grinning at?

Boy was SO much kicks passing, it hard to remember which one oui :)  :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2009, 06:16:02 PM »

From what I heard that didn't happen.....*sigh*....like we just doomed as supporters to be given heart attacks from all we teams from Junior to Senior....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

From what I heard that didn't happen.....*sigh*....like we just doomed as supporters to be given heart attacks from all we teams from Junior to Senior....

It had a small man bawlin in front ah we yday. We tell him it have nuff bawlin 2 come once he plan 2 continue 2 support we football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>