March 29, 2024, 09:07:59 AM

Author Topic: Hyland excluded from U-20 squad  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hyland excluded from U-20 squad
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:23 AM »
Hyland excluded from U-20 squad
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago teenaged midfielder Khaleem Hyland, who was hailed as a prodigy less than a year ago, will receive a further blow to his ego this week when national under-20 coach Zoran Vranes officially hands over his squad list for the CONCACAF World Youth Championship qualifying series.

Vranes told the Express on Saturday night that Hyland will not be considered for selection due to his failure to integrate with the squad earlier in their preparation. The Yugoslav-born coach said he was unwilling to interfere with the chemistry of his team.

"He was supposed to train and play with us when possible (last year) but he never did," said Vranes. "So there would be a question about how he will feel (and fit in) when he joins the guys."

Hyland recently debuted for Belgian top-flight club, SV Zulte Waregem, and should be property of England Premier League outfit Portsmouth as soon as he acquires a work permit.

T&T head coach Francisco Maturana tired of Hyland's allegedly frequent absences from training camps and refused to consider him for selection in their 2010 World Cup qualifier against El Salvador last month.

Another talented absentee from the national youth squad is Ma Pau FC playmaker Sherron Joseph who had a promising T&T Pro League debut season last year but, according to Vranes, failed to make the most of a national invitation.

"(Joseph) is a very clever player," said Vranes, with a sigh. "He promised to come many times."

But Vranes is thrilled to have the services of towering striker Jamal Gay, who signed for German second division club Rott-Weiss Oberhausen in January. Gay, who represented the under-20s in the bmobile Super League competition last year, is expected to rejoin the national youth team three days before their opening CONCACAF fixture.

"Jamal is one of our players and is very anxious to come," said Vranes. "He is very important for us."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hyland excluded from U-20 squad
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:34:20 AM »
oooooooooh...interesting the article seems to infer the club is not the reason but his own slackness wen it came to training
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:51:32 AM »
oooooooooh...interesting the article seems to infer the club is not the reason but his own slackness wen it came to training

ouchhhhhhhhhh. As 4 Chemistry a subject I hate in school a good coach will b able 2 put the pieces together. He should have dealt wit his ego day 1 but I suspect d horse bolt d stable and he now lookin 2 close d paddock.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:40:27 AM »
Lasana Liburd always reporting about this Sherron Joseph fella, I guess he is a good player but again, no discipline.

Hope he gets a wake up call soon. Like Gorean Highley.

Anton had the same problem in the last under 20 qualifiers when he refuse to pick Ricky Shakes who was much better in his position than what we had. We came dead last. Not because of not picking Shakes, but if it have a better player who could help de team even though he cant practice all de games, he should get a call.

Even though Hyland couldn't come for preparations he should have been included in the team.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:44:29 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
Lasana Liburd always reporting about this Sherron Joseph fella, I guess he is a good player but again, no discipline.

Hope he gets a wake up call soon. Like Gorean Highley.

Anton had the same problem in the last under 20 qualifiers when he refuse to pick Ricky Shakes who was much better in his position than what we had. We came dead last. Not because of not picking Shakes, but if it have a better player who could help de team even though he cant practice all de games, he should get a call.

Even though Hyland couldn't come for preparations he should have been included in the team.

madness!!! if a player refuses an invitation to train with the squad he does not deserve to be part of that final team when picked. you send a bad message to the rest of the players who actually worked their butts off to earn their spot. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
"He was supposed to train and play with us when possible (last year) but he never did," said Vranes. "So there would be a question about how he will feel (and fit in) when he joins the guys."

Hyland recently debuted for Belgian top-flight club, SV Zulte Waregem, and should be property of England Premier League outfit Portsmouth as soon as he acquires a work permit.

T&T head coach Francisco Maturana tired of Hyland's allegedly frequent absences from training camps and refused to consider him for selection in their 2010 World Cup qualifier against El Salvador last month.
sorry, but I dont believe ANYTHING coming out of the TTFF
especially when some people run things.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »
Why would Hyland refuse ? Keep believing that.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »
that back line porous it seems ... I hope he proves me wrong and we qualify  but i feel he just take that job juss fuh so
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:32:10 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
I find this a little hard to  believe....

He was supposed to train and play with us when possible (last year) but he never did
Wasn't Highland training with the Senior team??

And wasn't he again off on a trial last month with the said Belgian club that's why he missed some senior training and National games??

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly....   Tallman ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Look at men dusting the National team off dey shoulder. Scotland, Hyland, Joseph, etc. It have real players who totally disenchanted with the national set up. You training hard, a good player being not selected for a player who "have potential" (essential still learning to pass and recieve at top level), not sitting well.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
Not sure if to Believe this but  always seems to have some madness and Dramma with player selection on our National teams

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »
vranes said that our middle is weak and yet he eh picking hyland becuase of sum story ... put prefer to use shawn bateau in the holding middle role
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:45:38 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »

He was supposed to train and play with us when possible (last year) but he never did

And wasn't he again off on a trial last month with the said Belgian club that's why he missed some senior training and National games??

Sounds RIGHT to me also

TTFF c'mon nuh
wake Up
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »

Sounds RIGHT to me also

TTFF c'mon nuh
wake Up

if they was already awake they would bot have hired vranes wich the team well though

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »
If they qualify Hyland can still have enough time to blend into the team and free up Paul and DeSilva as playmakers. But its interesting from the report that Paul and DeSilva providing the sparks in the team but no forward are consistently capitalizing on it. Daniel Joseph and Stephen Knox could produce results from midfield efforts and even in the U-17 WC they were the only 2 players to sustain some clever interplay.

Under this coach Knox won't see his way to be the top marksman anymore. But he would make a hell of a right winger or centre forward/attacking mid in the mould of a Daryl Roberts.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
LOL everyone knows Hyland was training with the national team during that time..so wheel and come again Vranes..there must be a better excuse why he was not selected..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »
LOL everyone knows Hyland was training with the national team during that time..so wheel and come again Vranes..there must be a better excuse why he was not selected..

It ok 2 b unattach 2 d national team but u have 2 train 4 d under 20 wit d under 20.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
i just think they saving the request for when the senior team needs him.........cant take him now for a two weeks den take him month end again the club go have a fit
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »
i just think they saving the request for when the senior team needs him.........cant take him now for a two weeks den take him month end again the club go have a fit

I concur but say dat doh feel we dotish.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 11:28:42 AM »

We playing 4-4-2 and Paul and De Silva conducting it well. It woulda be too much drama and politics to bring Hyland from Belgium to bench him and if you start him, you disrupting the chemistry that Paul and De Silva have. That is the cut and dry reason and Vranes basically say that but just couldn't come out and say - "Hyland will bench if he come here because the two starting centre midfielders do well in combination with each other".

Makes sense to me.

Just cause Lampard is a better player than Barry doh mean that he and Gerrard is a better combo than Gerrard and Barry.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
If they qualify Hyland can still have enough time to blend into the team and free up Paul and DeSilva as playmakers. But its interesting from the report that Paul and DeSilva providing the sparks in the team but no forward are consistently capitalizing on it. Daniel Joseph and Stephen Knox could produce results from midfield efforts and even in the U-17 WC they were the only 2 players to sustain some clever interplay.

Under this coach Knox won't see his way to be the top marksman anymore. But he would make a hell of a right winger or centre forward/attacking mid in the mould of a Daryl Roberts.

Hyland could play stricker too. He's that talented. Imagine him and Gay upfront together. that would be wicked.  Come on TTFF allyuh still  lapsing in the 2000's

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »

We playing 4-4-2 and Paul and De Silva conducting it well. It woulda be too much drama and politics to bring Hyland from Belgium to bench him and if you start him, you disrupting the chemistry that Paul and De Silva have. That is the cut and dry reason and Vranes basically say that but just couldn't come out and say - "Hyland will bench if he come here because the two starting centre midfielders do well in combination with each other".

Makes sense to me.

Just cause Lampard is a better player than Barry doh mean that he and Gerrard is a better combo than Gerrard and Barry.

all that typin yuh doing make plenty sense..but at the end of the day you dont know who will make a better combo if that combo was never tried..so at the end of the day yuh just assuming this and that combo wont work..and man talking bout chemistry...as if we trying to bring in a whole setta differet cast of players..we talking bout players who could bring more depth to the team and make the team stronger when we do qualify for the youth world cup...and quit with we playing 4-4-2 now excuse..we could play 4-4-2 today and 3-5-2 or even 4-5-1 tommorow. formation can change anytime depending on the opponent and situation..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:44:15 PM by Sando prince »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
Yeah Sando, Point taken. And I agree with you regarding the depth in the team etc. But not right before a tournament. In time for the world cup, definitely...but it was just too short a time to incorporate his talent in the coach's opinion ( at least that is what i gather.).

U hadda watch too how Leston Paul is acknowledged as the big player on the side: captain, heartbeat etc. What kinda effect it could have on his performances if Hyland there now and he hadda play second fiddle? Hyland must command respect based on his rep and the fact that he foreign based and with the senior team so it could have a bit of confusion there that could diminish Paul. Tha's not the type of risk needed right before a serious tournament.

But I agree, in time for the World Cup he hadda be there.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
Might have been posted already (so sorry if it has!) but just saw some brief highlights of Hyland playing fuh Waregem against Anderlecht on Global Football. He had his teams best chance a sweet shot from just outside the D, keeper saved well. Anderlecht won 2-0 and from the highlights were pretty dominant. The way the report talked about him he is already a pompey player ..... did I miss something? I didn't know he actually signed a contract with them.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
Might have been posted already (so sorry if it has!) but just saw some brief highlights of Hyland playing fuh Waregem against Anderlecht on Global Football. He had his teams best chance a sweet shot from just outside the D, keeper saved well. Anderlecht won 2-0 and from the highlights were pretty dominant. The way the report talked about him he is already a pompey player ..... did I miss something? I didn't know he actually signed a contract with them.
if I understand the setup, he is to play over there until his english paperwork comes through.....

check Flex thread here
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=38978.msg478375#msg478375
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:20:26 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
In general.....our management officials DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE OUTSTANDING TALENT!

Gally did dat dotishness with Yorke & Latas (remember the whole yorke & latapy cyah play together dotishness?).  He also did it with Nakhid.

Bertille did it with several players including Hardest

Najjar did it with Stern John

Corneal/Maturana did it with Hyland & Guerra

The one's who have managed our players the best so far have been foreigners.....Porterfield, Wim, and Beenie.

They doh care bout politics....who local and who foreign....givin locals "a bligh" because how else dey go get better...or no dotishness so.  Dem have no other agenda other than to win.  And to win, yuh need yuh best players so dey pick dey best players once dey available.  Dey doh care who vex when dey say a player or a league not up to scratch.  Dem jes tellin yuh like it is.  Who vex loss.  It dat simple.

Hyland not being called up to the U 20 squad is FACKERY!  No 2 ways about it.   Same ting corneal did wit Ricky Shakes back in de day.

I hope fuh dem young fellas sake we doh end up payin fuh somebody dotishness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »
Palos hush yuh typin 2 much sense.

1]; } ?>