April 19, 2024, 06:22:15 PM

Author Topic: sunderland v liverpool.  (Read 4113 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
sunderland v liverpool.
« on: March 02, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »
with liverpool in dissarray sunderland should be able to come way with 3 points in anfield.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: sunderland v liverpool.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:47:18 PM »
with liverpool in dissarray sunderland should be able to come way with 3 points in anfield.

A win would be nice, but I will be happy with a point.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
buss day skin
make dem  "walk home....Alone" :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »
buss day skin
make dem  "walk home....Alone" :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
Sunderland 3 - Liverpool 1

KJ x2.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
eh and eh?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:44:53 AM »
Sunderland manager now start making noise bout KJ needs to rest his knee because he is under ah lot ah pressha an tings like dat,I am starting to see something like DwIGHT YORKE IN HIS EARLY DAYS.THE COMPLAINTS COME FUSS AND THEN THEY SAYING HE CYAH REP TT CAUSE OF FAKE INJURY.I do hope that is not the case.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »
Sunderland is ah rankin shit side.

Més que un club.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »
Sunderland was unlucky to lose to Liverpool back on opening day. Liverpool was also lucky to beat Boro back then and look Boro turn around and poison them.

Hopefully Sunderland will turn aroiund and do the same.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
Sunderland is ah rankin shit side.

I may be late on dis but yuh Stern "tribute" below hame rollin here, pure talent on dis site  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »
KJ only trained Friday, he came off with the knock and tbh played like he had a knock.  Sbragia is quite cute at suggesting 451 then turning up with 442 but I think it might be 451 tonight with Cisse up front and he may keep KJ for the Spurs game on Saturday.  Don't think it has anything to do with the internationals.

I think it will be same old same old and don't expect anything from the game, Liverpool has already raised the white flag on the Prem so its a shame the game wasn't on Saturday as it would be an even more weakened side with an eye on the Champions League the following Tuesday.

Its live on Sky so should be more links than you can shake a stick at, KO 8.00 pm GMT.

Link

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=31333&part=sports

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 09:11:23 AM »
Sunderland manager now start making noise bout KJ needs to rest his knee because he is under ah lot ah pressha an tings like dat,I am starting to see something like DwIGHT YORKE IN HIS EARLY DAYS.THE COMPLAINTS COME FUSS AND THEN THEY SAYING HE CYAH REP TT CAUSE OF FAKE INJURY.I do hope that is not the case......FAKE INJURY....
:clown:   :rotfl:  yuh nearly hook meh dey yes

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »
somebody provide some links nah.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 09:16:42 AM »
Premier League Preview: Liverpool - Sunderland

Teams
Liverpool
Sunderland
Kick-off: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 (20:00 GMT). Anfield, Liverpool.

Down And Out

After they beat Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in Champions League action last Wednesday, few were expecting an excellent display from Liverpool when they travelled to Middlesbrough at the weekend. Their record of European hangovers is legendary, but even the Mersey men's most jaded critics could not have envisaged what occurred at the Riverside.

The Reds put on perhaps their most disjointed and disappointing show of the season as they sank to a 2-0 defeat against Gareth Southgate's relegation battlers, a result that could see them fall ten points behind Premier League frontrunners Manchester United - who were busy winning the League Cup on Sunday - once the Devils make up their game in hand.

Thus, after leading the pack at the turn of the year, Rafael Benitez's crew have all but bowed out of the title race, and pressure is mounting on the manager ahead of Tuesday's fixture with Sunderland. But the Spaniard has sought to divert attention from his contract situation and train the focus instead on the task at hand.

"My concern now is the game against Sunderland," he said. "We have to prepare for this game properly."

Anything but victory will see Liverpool, who now sit third, fall irrevocably out of title contention. They will have to kick their habit of drawing at Anfield - which has plagued them against smaller sides in particular - to keep their very, very slender hopes alive.

Safety First

Meanwhile, as their upcoming opponents wallow in the wake of their Boro bruising, the Black Cats will aim to extend their unbeaten run in the league to five games and edge closer still to their ultimate goal: a safe, mid-table finish.

The Wearside club currently sit 12th, five points above the drop zone, although they have played a games less than the bottom trio of Middlesbrough, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion. A win in the North West could boost them into the top ten, pending results elsewhere.

Sunderland's record against the 'Big Four' this season reads fairly well, all things considered. They were trounced by Luiz Felipe Scoari's Chelsea but conceded just three goals in total in their 'first leg' meetings with Arsenal (1-1), Manchester United (0-1) and Liverpool (0-1), who needed a late Fernando Torres strike to claim the points on the opening day of the season.

And now, after seeing his men hold the Gunners to a goalless draw at the Emirates on their last league outing, manager Ricky Sbragia is confident of at least taking home a share of the spoils when they tackle the five-time European champions - even though the Mackems haven't beaten them since 2002.

The Scot said, "We want to take at least a point on Tuesday night and if we do, that will be another setback for Liverpool." And that would be an added bonus for a man who enjoyed a successful spell coaching at Old Trafford.

FORM GUIDE

Liverpool

Feb 28  Middlesbrough 2-0 Liverpool  (Premier League)
Feb 25  Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool  (Champions League)
Feb 22  Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City  (Premier League)
Feb 07  Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool  (Premier League)
Feb 04  Everton 1-0 Liverpool  (FA Cup)

Sunderland

Feb 21  Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland  (Premier League)
Feb 07  Sunderland 2-0 Stoke City  (Premier League)
Feb 04  Blackburn Rovers 2-1 Sunderland  (FA Cup)
Feb 01  Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland  (Premier League)
Jan 27  Sunderland 1-0 Fulham  (Premier League)

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool

A mixed bag on the injury front. Steven Gerrard has recovered from a knock picked up against Boro and is expected to start, but Fernando Torres remains on the sidelines with an ankle problem. Alvaro Arbeloa (hamstring) will join his fellow Spaniard in the dugout, alongside Danish defender Daniel Agger (back).

There should be some changes from the lucky dip line-up that featured at the weekend, with wing duo Ryan Babel and Nabil El Zhar likely to make way for Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera. Martin Skrtel won't be playing at right-back again in the foreseeable future, and own-goal scorer Xabi Alonso might be rested after his tired display against the Teessiders.

Liverpool squad: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Hyypia, Dossena, Aurelio, Babel, Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Lucas, Ngog, El Zhar, Riera, Darby, Cavalieri.

Sunderland

Djibril Cisse has shaken off an ankle problem and should start against his former club. He may well be partnered by Kenwyne Jones, who has recovered from a knee problem. Steed Malbranque and Teemu Tainio sustained minor injuries against Arsenal, but both are in the squad and could feature.

Phil Bardsley is available after serving a suspension, but Nyron Nosworthy is still out of action after further aggravating his dud hamstring.

Sunderland: Fulop, Gordon, Bardsley, McCartney, Ferdinand, Collins, McShane, Davenport, Ben Haim, Whitehead, Malbranque, Leadbitter, Tainio, Richardson, Edwards, Yorke, Reid, Cisse, Jones, Murphy, Healy.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Liverpool

With 'El Nino' in the treatment room once more, Steven Gerrard must yet again shoulder the burden of keeping his side's domestic hopes alive. The Scouse hero is yet to regain full fitness after a layoff of his own, but even a hobbling Stevie G possesses a match-winning that none of his team-mates do - Torres perhaps notwithstanding. 

Sunderland

He is widely regarded as one of Gerard Houllier's many French flops after netting 11 goals in 49 league appearances at Liverpool, but Djibril Cisse has reminded everyone this season why the Kop made him their record signing in 2004. The speedy striker has 10 goals this term and will be determined to prove Benitez wrong for offloading him.

PREDICTION

It's a must-win game for Liverpool at home in the league, against technically inferior opposition - therefore, they cannot claim victory. Simple as that.

Liverpool 1-1 Sunderland

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »
Premier League Preview: Liverpool - Sunderland

PREDICTION

It's a must-win game for Liverpool at home in the league, against technically inferior opposition - therefore, they cannot claim victory. Simple as that.

Liverpool 1-1 Sunderland

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »

I'd say the chances of this are slim to none.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »

I'd say the chances of this are slim to none.

if Sunderland draw I'd be surprised... but they can win but I doubt... but a draw is possible

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
Mascherano at right back?  :o

Now I've seen everything....at least Insua is back  :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »
waayss sah...how KJ did not finish dat  :o

but nice move belt to free himself up doh

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 02:08:12 PM »
have to get them kinda goals...............oh well...............keep at them KJ

KJ have to get an Ipod with videos of 'keepers he goin an face ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 02:18:26 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
like jones doh play fifa dread
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
Top strikers doh miss them kinda chances!!

He did really well to get behind the defence but geez!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
was a great move but poor finish....come on KJ pick yuh head up

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
somebody provide some links nah.

Game live on Setanta.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »
pushin an shovin galore goin orn
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
Wouldn't mind KJ scoring, but I need Liverpool to win.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »
Wouldn't mind KJ scoring, but I need Liverpool to win.
wah apppen
hockey dun :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
andy fat man reid is the best thing sunderland have
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »
so what the liverpool - never walk alone thread for?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>