April 19, 2024, 05:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Tanzania coach takes over at Petrotrin  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tanzania coach takes over at Petrotrin
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:52:28 PM »
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

BRAZILIAN Marcos Tinoco, the head-coach of the Tanzania national football team, has taken over at local TT Pro League club United Petrotrin.

A former under-23 coach with Brazilian First Division clubs Botofogo and Vasco Da Gama, Tinoco is on one year's leave from the Tanzania Association, during which time he will work in Trinidad & Tobago. He has already begun working with 30 Petrotrin players, whom he has been preparing for the 2009 TT Pro League season. A graduate of the Brazilian football college, Tinoco is currently assessing the fitness level and technical ability of his charges.

Tinoco has coached in the Caribbean before. In 2005, he was head- coach of the Cayman Islands national football team, after which he left for Tanzania in 2007, and was replaced by Jamaican Carl Brown. He has done extensive work with Tanzania's youth teams, winning international tournaments such as the Copa Coca-Cola, Muungano Cup and Rollingstone Cups. The highlight of his stay in Tanzania was winning the International Copa Coca Cola trophy after beating Chile 1-0 in a final match held in Brazil last year. The under-17 national teams of Argentina, Paraguay, Chile and Peru competed.

Yesterday, United Petrotrin chairman Arnold Corneal revealed that Tinoco was among a quartet consisting of three Brazilians and an Argentine, who were considered. Tinoco was recommended to Petrotrin, by Clovis de Oliveira, a Brazilian who was T&T head-coach for a short period in 2001.

"He will be with us (Petrotrin) initially for a year because he is still committed to the Tanzania programme,"Corneal said. "Tanzania has not qualified for the World Cup and so he was able to ask his Association for sabbatical for a year so that he could be here."

While, here Petrotrin have handed Tinoco the role of preparing their senior squad and also of facilitating a development programme. Without revealing how much it was costing Petrotrin, Corneal admitted that Tinoco here will not be cheap.

"To do anything like this is obviously is going to be costly," Corneal admitted." But we have expended no more money in making this approach.......our budget has remained the same as when we had local coaches. What we have done is make adjustments here and there. We have a Board and we have a budget, and bet your bottom dollar we are sticking to it."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tanzania coach takes over at Petrotrin
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
BRAZILIAN Marcos Tinoco, the head-coach of the Tanzania national football team, has taken over at local TT Pro League club United Petrotrin.
He is the coach of Tanzania's youth team. The head coach of Tanzania is another Brazilian named Marcio Maximo.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
send more tanz... tansely thompson family ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
If they can find the money to pay a Brazilian coach, then they can pay them players a decent salary

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
If they can find the money to pay a Brazilian coach, then they can pay them players a decent salary

Players like Cyd and Whitley go cost dem some money.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »
He is the coach of Tanzania's youth team. The head coach of Tanzania is another Brazilian named Marcio Maximo.

yuh ketch dem already tallest.........lying

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:17:24 PM »

I feel is just plain incompetence by some reporters  ::) in TnT
and seems to be the Lackies of the TTFF
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »

Trini foreign stigma is rel serious.  Any thing foreign they quick to hire over a local.  I heard a fella put in resume he went to Notre Dame in USA and get a job over people who working in building for years in carenage.  I hope Petrotrin did some research too

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 05:52:05 AM »
Everybody going foreign this rounds.

Lets hope he can speak English.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 06:06:50 AM »

Trini foreign stigma is rel serious.  Any thing foreign they quick to hire over a local.  I heard a fella put in resume he went to Notre Dame in USA and get a job over people who working in building for years in carenage.  I hope Petrotrin did some research too

How long yuh have to be in Foriegn before yuh considered " foreign " ?

Or it just depends on a speech impediment ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:10:56 AM »
I been in foreign for sometime now.... I eh loose the accent fully, but all yuh link meh if all yuh see openings.... Thanks in advance...!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:57 AM »

Without revealing how much it was costing Petrotrin, Corneal admitted that Tinoco here will not be cheap.

"To do anything like this is obviously is going to be costly," Corneal admitted." But we have expended no more money in making this approach.......our budget has remained the same as when we had local coaches. What we have done is make adjustments here and there. We have a Board and we have a budget, and bet your bottom dollar we are sticking to it."

In other words we scrap the youth program and the Coaches that went with it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »
Everybody going foreign this rounds.

Lets hope he can speak English.

Cause we in dire need of establishing better club structure.  Our local coaches are severely deficient in this area. 

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »

Without revealing how much it was costing Petrotrin, Corneal admitted that Tinoco here will not be cheap.

In other words we scrap the youth program and the Coaches that went with it.
VB

yuh beat mih to it
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »
I hope they aint take the workers profit sharing to go and hire foriegn coach.........lol.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 10:48:52 AM »
Wid da fella credentials with all the embellishment , De argentinian who eh get de wuk must be ah tennis coach ?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

How long yuh have to be in Foriegn before yuh considered " foreign " ?

Or it just depends on a speech impediment ?

I think a little part of being foreign does give you an edge.  Even just living in venezuela for a year, thats the sad part

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
Wid da fella credentials with all the embellishment , De argentinian who eh get de wuk must be ah tennis coach ?

;D ... ah could wuk on a ARG passport fuh yuh if yuh want one?

1]; } ?>