April 20, 2024, 10:18:43 AM

Author Topic: Warner: Stadium OK for qualifier  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner: Stadium OK for qualifier
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »
Warner: Stadium OK for qualifier
T&T Express

The Hasely Crawford Stadium will be ready for the March 28 World Cup qualifier against Honduras despite initial worry over the state of the pitch at the Mucurapo venue.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser Jack Warner, who expressed initial fears that the ground would not be fit to host the match, yesterday confirmed that the venue is coming along and will be ready.

The pitch was damaged after the hosting of both Machel Montano's AC7 concert on February 14, and the Soca Monarch competition six days later. Major concerns were then raised by Warner after he and other TTFF officials inspected the ground the next day. The northern part of the ground was not covered, and was most adversely affected by the staging of the first event.

However, Warner is now convinced the game can go on. So much so, that tickets for the match go on sale next week.

'It was touch and go before," Warner told the media following a FIFA press conference to discuss findings on T&T's Women's Under-17 World Cup inspections, which were carried out last week. "...We are now convinced that we can do it, and it is unfortunate the team wouldn't be able to train there as they should."

The FIFA vice president, though, was not happy that T&T will not be able to train at the stadium.

"We are hoping to get at least one match there before the 28th, and we are looking at the options if we (can't) play there, then we'll play somewhere else.

"We would have loved to train, but the reality is we cannot, so then we have to do something else."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: Stadium OK for qualifier
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »
Yesterday was yesterday and today is well............................. a new day to make money.

All who eat JW chain up and blasting the Minister, look thing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »
Yesterday was yesterday and today is well............................. a new day to make money.

I tell ya the stadium would be ready. JW is just a master of stiring controversy in able keep him name in the press.  He's a self promoting genious i say

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »

I tell ya the stadium would be ready. JW is just a master of stiring controversy in able keep him name in the press.  He's a self promoting genious i say
That man doh have no good intention for the football nah! but like the old ppl used to say the "the longest rope have an end, and even we does marvell when the end commeth!"
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:59 PM »
That was a close one, only 26 days to spare  :nailbiting:

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:54:10 AM »
when they start to train?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:18:22 AM »
when they start to train?
Train???..........is train ya say there :rotfl: :rotfl:
TTFF doh kno bout that man

and it TOO SOON to start to train :devil:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 02:52:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
Train.???????...if you are patient....Manning will bring it back...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
I am so shocked.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>