April 25, 2024, 04:43:30 AM

Author Topic: Maylee Attin-Johnson Thread  (Read 30612 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maylee Attin-Johnson Thread
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:08:06 AM »
Attin-Johnson sets US fields on fire.
Trinidad Guardian.

Maylee Attin-Johnson does not lack in confidence. As a member of the T&T’s 18 and Under national team, she’s seen soccer at a high level.
Attin-Johnson, a former student at St Agnes Anglican school in St James and Diego Martin Government Secondary took that confidence and a whole lot of game to American college Notre Dame of East Stroudsburg this season.
As soon as she stepped onto the soccer field in the fall with the boys’ team, Attin-Johnson had an inkling of what kind of spring she could have with the girls’ squad.
“They told me I’d score a lot, a lot of goals,” said Attin-Johnson of the boys’ team at Notre Dame. “I knew from the boys I’d score a lot of goals.”
Indeed she did, Attin-Johnson scored a school-record 43 goals and added 10 assists in a flashy one-year career for Notre Dame.
Even on a team filled with freshmen and sophomores, Johnson helped carry the Spartans to a 15-6 record and a berth in the District 11 play-offs.
“I knew I had a legitimate goal scorer, but did I have a leader? She was a friend to them, inspiring them to do things,” said Notre Dame coach Anthony Creece of Attin-Johnson.
“They fed off her. I think the girls learned a lot in general. Hopefully it’ll help us for next season.”
One visit to Mary Street Field would display Attin-Johnson’s talents, which feature impressive ball handling skills and a knack for finding the net.
But there were still critics in the county, who would rather label Notre Dame a one-person squad.
“We did have a team,” Creece said. “They didn’t have that play-off experience. In the playoffs against the more veteran teams you could see them folding. We went 15-6. It exceeded my expectations.”
Things didn’t start out so smoothly for Attin-Johnson, who began the season in the midfield. She got caught in the beginning of the season deciding when to take over and when to pass the ball.
“The funny thing is there were many times she was playing when she could score and she’d pass the ball,” Creece said. “She had to realise she had to do something on her own. She was more of a midfielder in the beginning. She realised she had to take charge a little bit. I told her, ‘You’re being unselfish, sometimes you have to things on your own.”
Attin-Johnson averaged about a goal a game through the first five games before breaking through with a four-goal effort against Pen Argyl.
From there on out, the former Cocorite resident was tough to contain unless the Notre Dame star was marked by several players.
Freshman Sam Kramer was the beneficiary on those days and ended up finishing the season with 19 goals.
“People say we’re a one-girl type of team,” Creece said. “I had Sam who scored about 20 goals. She’s lost in the shuffle. She wasn’t just scoring scrap goals. I had games where Sam scored three goals. Sam deserves a lot of credit. She had a great freshman year, the best freshman year ever of one of my teams.”
Kramer is just an example of how Attin-Johnson’s team-mates had a learning curve as well, improving their play as the season progressed.
In the beginning they just watched Johnson. In the end they worked with their talented team-mate.
“These girls I love every bit playing with them,” Attin-Johnson said. “It was really fun. We had almost all freshmen and sophomores. We showed we could play. I’m proud of each of them.”
Johnson’s career is not over in East Stroudsburg.
Despite receiving interest from Binghamton, Providence and Rutgers, Johnson will play at East Stroudsburg University in the fall. The fact that coach Derek Arneaud is from T&T surely played in her decision.
“I think with coach Arneaud being from her country it’ll be good for her,” said Creece.
“She knows him of course. She’s a young girl. I think she still needs some guidance, she needs somebody around her who can understand her.”
In one of the matches, she put on a show and Notre Dame won 2-0.
Johnson tested the opposing goalkeeper Emilia Zabaldo several times – scoring twice – but Zabaldo turned away the Spartan senior on a few solid saves.
Johnson deposited two first-half goals and that was enough to take out Stroudsburg. The first came at 22nd minute when Johnson got a foot on a pass from Kate Chambers in a crowd at the 18-yard line.
Johnson took a long Chambers’ floating pass from midfield, and redirected it into net for a 1-0 lead.
Zabaldo responded with two huge saves. Johnson was fed the ball 10 yards from the goal and blasted a shot that Zabaldo knocked down.
With three minutes left in the first half Johnson blew past a defender, but ran into a sprawled out Zabaldo, who grabbed the ball out from under Johnson.
Johnson showed her patience on her second goal of the night when she dribbled through two defenders, caught Zabaldo leaning to her left and touched a shot into the left-hand corner of the net for her 42nd goal of the year.
“I was so proud today. I have so much confidence in my team-mates. They all stepped up,” said Johnson. “There’s no words to describe how happy I am with the team. I just hope we can play harder in districts.”
Stroudsburg coach Jay Effross said there wasn’t much else his girls could do to stop Johnson.
“Our girls did a very nice job, the first goal was an own goal and the second one was a good bounce for them,” said Effross.

T&T’s MAYLEE ATTIN-JOHNSON goes tumbling after a tackle from a Panamanian defender in a CONCACAF Under-19 Women’s World Cup qualifier.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:32:16 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Attin-Johnson sets US fields onfire
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:29:33 AM »
well done family well done. nice to hear some news about de females 2
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Attin-Johnson sets US fields on fire
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:29:01 PM »
i sweat with she in primary skool i was in std 5 an she was in std 3 if ah did only kno she wuda be famous ah wuda lock it down long time

big up mayleee
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »
I don't know how long ago this article was written, but Attin-Johnson is on the roster at Cumberland University in Tennessee. http://www.cumberland.edu/athletics/wsoccer/roster.html
I use to look at her play for Caridoc Stingray, she had great skills. Have not seen her play in like 4 year so I don't know. But we would be playing her team next week so I will let you all know first hand how she did.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 07:41:49 PM by Tallman »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »
yes mih girl Maylee from back in de days in diego sec

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
WPSL team signs T&T Soca Princess.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »
WPSL team signs T&T Soca Princess.

Maylee Attin-Johnson to join expansion team.
Easton, PA; The Northampton Laurels FC of the Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) Eastern Conference announced today the signing of Trinidad & Tobago International offensive star Maylee Attin-Johnson to their 2006 roster.
Attin-Johnson was an offensive standout at the CONCACAF U-21 World Cup tournament in Mexico earlier this year. The Cumberland University star will join two time Patriot League offensive MVP Gina Lewandowski to lead the Laurels Midfield. Having Maylee on our roster does add a new dimension to our offensive line said the team's Director of Coaching Tobagonian Warren Salandy. She's a special player he added.
A starting member of the Trinidad & Tobago youth and senior teams, the creative and skillful Attin-Johnson brings a wealth of international goal scoring experience with her to the Laurels 2006 campaign. Her presents will most certainly be felt on the field and in the clubhouse, Maylee is an explosive players, and will do well in the WPSL, said Laurels co-owner and General Manager Andy R. Salandy.
The Easton, PA based club will play its home game at the J.Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA. The team is committed to bringing top quality female soccer to Eastern Pennsylvania. The Laurels will provide an opportunity for Lehigh Valley talent to progress through the US soccer system.
The WPSL is one of the top women's leagues in the World with a mission to provide the highest level of women's soccer while simultaneously providing affordable, quality family entertainment and positive role models. Log onto www.wpsl.info for additional information on the league and its teams.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:02:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WPSL team signs T&T Soca Princess.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:05:21 AM »
Nicely done chica.. Do your bestest.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »

Well done REPRESENT - THE RED THE WHITE AND THE BLACK.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »
good luck maylee......i had a chat with tasha st louis today....she coaching at the la foucade camp......said she going back out to the USA to play club football....could not confirm de club or where dey from...funny....she could real talk boy.....she talking bout barca and arsenal....only ball.....and bianca walker was there too....tnt u-20 striker.......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »
big up to maylee

do yuh ting man
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 05:00:53 PM »
Attin-Johnson to join US women’s club
(Guardian)

11 May 2006

T&T’S national women’s team footballer Maylee Attin-Johnson has signed up with the Northampton Laurels FC of the Women’s Premier Soccer League Eastern Conference for the 2006 season.

The 19-year-old Attin-Johnson was an offensive standout at the Concacaf U-21 World Cup tournament in Mexico earlier this year.

Attin-Johnson, a student of Cumberland University will join two time Patriot League offensive “Most Valuable Player” Gina Lewandowski.

A starting member of the T&T youth and senior teams, the creative and skillful Attin-Johnson brings a wealth of international goal scoring experience with her to the Laurels 2006 campaign.

“Her presence will most certainly be felt on the field and in the clubhouse,” said Laurels co-owner and general manager Andy R Salandy

“Maylee is an explosive players and will do well in the WPSL,” he continued.

The Easton, Pennysylvania based club will play its home matches at the JBirney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA.

The team is committed to bringing top quality female soccer to Eastern Pennsylvania. The Laurels will provide an opportunity for Lehigh Valley talent to progress through the US soccer system.

The WPSL is one of the top women’s leagues in the World with a mission to provide the highest level of women’s soccer, while simultaneously providing affordable, quality family entertainment and positive role models.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Attin-Johnson Receives WPSL Team Of The Week Honors
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
EASTON, PA - Laurels (www.northamptonlaurelsfc.com)  midfield playmaker Maylee Attin-Johnson (Kennesaw State University/Trinidad & Tobago WNT) was named to the WPSL week 6 Team of the Week (TOTW). Maylee joins Laurels defender Carly Hoskins (Elizabethtown College) as the only other Laurel to be named to the leagues TOTW starting eleven.

Laurels midfielder Janel Cleffi (East Stroudsburg University), and rookie goalkeeper Caitlin Corrigan (Moravian College) have received WPSL TOTW honorable mentions.

Attin-Johnson commanded the Laurels midfield, and eventually scored the game winner in the Laurels 2-1 victory against a revamped Maryland Pride last Sunday. The game was Attin-Johnsons first after undergoing ACL surgery in fall 2006.

Having Maylee back on the field again is a major boost for the team said Laurels Owner and General Manager, Tobagonian Andy R. Salandy. She is such a competitor, she gives one hundred percent and expects the same from the players around her, said Salandy.

www.wpsl.info

She is Back

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:02:34 PM by Baygo Boy »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Attin-Johnson Receives WPSL Team Of The Week Honors
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 06:38:13 AM »
Dat is good news. Last time ah see she was last November at de Womens Gold Cup match between T&T and Mexico, and she was on crutches.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Maylee Attin-Johnson Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 06:02:43 AM »
U-20 footballers brace for womens challenge.
By: Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 womens football team coach Jamaal Shabazz stated that the team will not be overawed by the challenge that they will face at the CONCACAF Under-20 Final Round Qualifiers, scheduled in Guatemala from January 20-30 in Guatemala.

The Trinidad and Tobago squad will leave tomorrow for Costa Rica, where they will face the hosts in two warm-up matches next week, before moving to the neighbouring Central American nation.

At a media briefing at the CONCACAF office in Port-of-Spain yesterday, Shabazz said, this team has moved from being slaughtered by Jamaica in August to a team now that can compete with the other teams in CONCACAF.

I think now that Trinidad and Tobago can compete at the CONCACAF level. Before, we participated in tournaments but now, I think the players have even more confidence because of the new fitness and new aggressive approach. At CONCACAF tournaments now, we would be better able to compete.

We worked very hard going into this tournament, Shabazz continued. Were thankful for having two warm-up matches against Costa Rica and, if we do our (mathematics) correctly, we may meet Costa Rica somewhere along the road in this tournament again.

The manager of the Trinidad and Tobago team is senior team striker Maylee Attin-Johnson. According to CONCACAF president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special advisor Jack Warner, shes the youngest manager ever to be appointed, either in the male or female capacity.

I want to congratulate Maylee and tell her that you begin with a mission that is not impossible but tough, he continued. And Im quite sure that you and the team will do well.

The 23-year-old Attin-Johnson, who recently graduated with a degree in Sports Management at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, United States, said, Ill like to thank Mr Warner, Mr (Richard) Groden (the TTFF general secretary) and Mr Shabazz for giving me the opportunity to represent my country as the manager.

All Ive done in the last five years (were) play football and go to school, she stated. To be able to get the opportunity to represent my country, right out of school, is a great pleasure and honour, and a great way to enter the work world. Im just looking forward to helping the team move in a new direction and to a higher level.

In the CONCACAF Qualifiers, Trinidad and Tobago is in Group B, alongside Mexico, the United States and Jamaica in Group B while Cuba, Canada, Costa Rica and hosts Guatemala are in Group A.

The group winners will play the runners-up from the opposite group on January 28, with the championship and third-place matches set for January 30. The finalists and third-place winner will qualify for the FIFA Under-20 Womens World Cup in Germany from July 13 to August 1.

T&T Team Kimika Forbes, Linfah Jones (goalkeepers); Rhea Belgrave, Tiana Bateau, Felina Jack, Camille Borneo, Taylor Mims, Arin King (defenders); Victoria Swift, Afiyah Matthias, Renel Dennis, Karyn Forbes, Cassie McKenzie, Natasha Prentice, Kayla Taylor (midfielders); Candace Seaton, Natasha St Louis, Mariah Shade, Jo Marie Lewis (strikers).

Technical Staff Jamaal Shabazz (coach), Marlon Charles (assistant coach), Stefon De Four (goalkeeper coach), Brent Elder (trainer), Dave Isaac (physiotherapist), Maylee Attin-Johnson (manager), Steve Frederick (equipment manager), Kurlyn Smith (tutor).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:06:37 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Maylee Attin-Johnson to manage U-20 WNT.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »
My girl....

She sweeter than a currence-role.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »
Nice selection! Dah is meh real peoples
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
Ah hope she is not just another figure head that Jack Warner installing!  Ah cyar help but believe she has no independence, but ah will give her a chance to prove herself.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
 :rotfl:  Warner hires someone with no experience. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFqD9E6YQw0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFqD9E6YQw0</a>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:18:25 PM by Tallman »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
Daiz meh girl eh, I really like her. One of the best player ever out of T&T (men included), but I eh know about her ability to manage.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFqD9E6YQw0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFqD9E6YQw0</a>
oh yes "yuh doh say" trini, trini.... Eah Maylee just make sure yuh do de people wok.. according to Jack in de back she was shock when she get de wok.. De gul say all she do for de past five years was play fitbol and go to school, now she ah Manager fuh de national team.
Doh get meh wrong ah know there is a first time fuh everything but Manager with little or no experience HMMM. Gul just doh forget to book people flight eah and doh send then tex message and tell them they have to sleep in de airport... listening to de interview she sound like de assistant coach and not de manager, nothing was said as to how she is ready and willing to take on her role as a manager.. Ah figure Jack have something in de box, next thing yuh here after tournament jack fire "Shabba Rankin" and Maylee is de new coach. Jack like de spot light, she will be trini first woman coach.. watch... Anyway Maylee do yuh thing gul. Ah know nuff man might say ah hating on de gul, however that is not de case, i just going by what i hear in de interview...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »
oh yes "yuh doh say" trini, trini.... Eah Maylee just make sure yuh do de people wok.. according to Jack in de back she was shock when she get de wok.. De gul say all she do for de past five years was play fitbol and go to school, now she ah Manager fuh de national team.
Doh get meh wrong ah know there is a first time fuh everything but Manager with little or no experience HMMM. Gul just doh forget to book people flight eah and doh send then tex message and tell them they have to sleep in de airport... listening to de interview she sound like de assistant coach and not de manager, nothing was said as to how she is ready and willing to take on her role as a manager.. Ah figure Jack have something in de box, next thing yuh here after tournament jack fire "Shabba Rankin" and Maylee is de new coach. Jack like de spot light, she will be trini first woman coach.. watch... Anyway Maylee do yuh thing gul. Ah know nuff man might say ah hating on de gul, however that is not de case, i just going by what i hear in de interview...

JW will have to be mad to put Maylee ahead of Izler, Kathy Ann a nd a couple others. Then again is JW. Say what girl run with it eh.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »
Anyway fellas! As far s Maylee's ability to manage this team and the fact that she is just out of school. Don't be fooled by that. Maylee's has been under our umbrella during the past two years and have done many events with us. She is capable of handling her new role and she knows that she is a phone call, email or text away from those abroad she can always get advice from. She has been working on her coaching ability during the past three years with us and in due time she will be able to fill such a role. So Eldo man you on to something but I won't speculate on that one. All in all its a good move. They better keep her at home as well because there are a few WPS teams here in the US that would love to have her services right now.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 01:21:22 AM »
Anyway fellas! As far s Maylee's ability to manage this team and the fact that she is just out of school. Don't be fooled by that. Maylee's has been under our umbrella during the past two years and have done many events with us. She is capable of handling her new role and she knows that she is a phone call, email or text away from those abroad she can always get advice from. She has been working on her coaching ability during the past three years with us and in due time she will be able to fill such a role. So Eldo man you on to something but I won't speculate on that one. All in all its a good move. They better keep her at home as well because there are a few WPS teams here in the US that would love to have her services right now.

Doh get meh wrong... i was just going on what i pick up from her interview..  She sound more like a coach than ah manager.  Maybe it's just a way to get her involve in de set up of things, next thing de manager training with de team, then is assistant coach, then she might be coaching some up coming U14 girls team.. ah sure that might be de case... If we trying to grow de women's game in trini she is a good one to help them girls, she have de experience from kicking ball in  de US.  Also it's always good to see ah female involve in coaching, as long as they know what they are doing, As ah say  there is something inside de morta besides de pissel   ;)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
She def not ahead of Kathy Ann or Izler but she have the makings of a good coach and manager so the experience have to begin somewhere ....besides the issue with this team is not gonna be with the manager but with the coach .... I say this tentatively.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Attin-Johnson leads T&T in CFU tourney
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
By Shari John (T&T Guardian)

Maylee Attin-Johnson will lead T&Ts senior Soca Princesses when they begin their quest for the top spot in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Final Round Tournament. T&T will start its campaign against St Lucia on Monday at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya from 7 pm, following Guyana and Barbados encounter which will open the event at 5 pm.

A squad of 23 players went into camp on Tuesday with coach Jamaal Shabazz making his final cut down to 18 players yesterday. The unit includes professional player Ahkeela Mollon. Though lamenting the fact that his side could have been a bit fitter (physically), Shabazz explained that his team will undoubtedly grow stronger as the days wear on and he is confident they will do T&T proud.

T&T will also host Group G, consisting of Cuba, Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda and Puerto Rico, which was originally scheduled to be held in Cuba, but will now be staged at the Mannie-Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

T&T TEAM:
Goalkeepers: Kimika Forbes, Kerri Meyers
Defenders: Ayana Russell, Arin King, Anastacia Prescot, Analis Cummings (standby), Daniel Blair, Affiyah Mathias, Rhea Belgrave
Midfielders: Nadia James, Janine Francois, Dernelle Mascall, Avanelle Issac, Karen Forbes, Kennya Cordner, Jenelle Nedd, Ahkeela Mollon
Strikers: Maylee Attin-Johnson (captain), Candace Edwards, Mariah Shade

Final round fixtures
Group F
Venue: Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya
May 10:
Guyana vs Barbados
T&T vs St Lucia

May 12:
St Lucia vs. Guyana
T&T vs Barbados

May 14:
Barbados vs St Lucia
T&T vs Guyana

Group G
Venue: Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella
May 11:
Cuba vs Puerto Rico
Antigua & Barbuda vs Haiti

May 13:
Haiti vs Cuba
Puerto Rico vs Antigua & Barbuda

May 15:
Haiti vs Puerto Rico
Cuba vs Antigua & Barbuda

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Attin-Johnson leads T&T in CFU tourney
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
what club does Attin-Johnson   play for now ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 08:03:55 AM »
By Shari John (T&T Guardian)

T&T will also host Group G, consisting of Cuba, Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda and Puerto Rico, which was originally scheduled to be held in Cuba, but will now be staged at the Mannie-Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

So the FUNDS  going towards the UNC campaign i assume ...  THEY OVERDOING IT NOW   seems as is everything  they moving  to Trinidad...this is very disturbing
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:05:58 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
For those of us who cannot make the game live does anyone know if the matches will be aired on TV and or will they be streamed on the internet ? Any Radio?

Cheers   19

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T captain: We performed well
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 04:55:08 AM »
T&T captain: We performed well
T&T Guardian

T&T senior womens football captain, Maylee Attin-Johnson wants her team to stay focused and keep their standard up for the remaining two matches in the Caribbean Football Union Final Round Qualifying Tournament. Speaking after the match in which T&T beat St Lucia, 6-0, Attin-Johnson explained that while her players performed well overall, they lost focus at times, and allowed their standard to drop as well as, did a little too much fancy footwork. We performed well overall, I was very pleased with how we moved the ball around and were able to get a lot of crosses in, however, there were times when some of us seemed to get bored and allowed our energy and our standard to drop, said Attin-Johnson.

With regards to the performance of Swedish-based professional, Ahkeela Mollon, skipper Attin-Johnson said: She had a very good performance, she executed exactly what the coaches told her to do, and she took on players and crossed the ball well. I think she had like 13 crosses in the first half which was really good and she continued the same play in the second half. The midfielder will sit out tonights match in order to ensure her fitness for the more difficult match on Friday against Guyana.

Technical Director of womens football in T&T, Even Pellerud was also in praise of the team, describing it as very consistent, with the team being able to maintain its intensity throughout the entire 90 minutes of the match. They were very consistent, they kept the focus up, the speed and tempo was high, and they kept playing a quick game, kept attacking and scoring, said Pellerud.

A win for T&T over Barbados will move the country a step closer to qualifying for the CAC Games in July in Puerto Rico and the Womens Gold Cup in October.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Football skipper Attin-Johnson promises great things after CAC medal.
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »
Football skipper promises great things after CAC medal.
By: Shari John (T&T Guardian).

T&Ts Soca Princesses earned their first medal at a major tournament on Sunday, copping silver in the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games.

Team captain, Maylee Attin-Johnson believes, the medal at the inaugural CAC Womens football competition is the beginning of great things to come.

This is history for the womens programme, this is the first CAC womens tournament and the first tournament we came out with a medal, said Attin-Johnson.

Although the team was beaten only by host Venezuela, it was understrength with key players Arin King, Danielle Blair, Dernel Mascal and Mariah Shade missing because of injuries.

While the fit players did not have it any easier, they were asked the tall order of playing five matches in just ten days, losing just one match to the hostsa defeat which cost the team the gold medal.

The Soca Princesses will now be looking towards the Gold Cup in October, which will also serve as a World Cup qualifier, and Attin-Johnson is of the view that T&T can be successful, given the right support and with the right attitude from the players.

There are a lot of things we need to work on for the Gold Cup, like our tactical awareness, said Attin-Johnson. The Central American teams are more tactically disciplined than us and we need to work on that going into the Gold Cup.

The striker, who scored T&Ts winning goal in its encounter with Guatemala, added: We need a little more preparation, and if we can get some assistance that would be great.

Attin-Johnson said teams like the US play top teams at least once a month, and if T&T are to be competitive when they meet the best teams in October, they need the same support.

She also pointed out that womens football in T&T has come a long way with the competition to make the team being a lot stiffer. She alluded to the fact that there could be a very different squad for the Gold Cup, from the one which played in the CAC Games.

There may be a whole different group of players for the Gold Cup, as there will be a lot more players available, especially with the U-17 World Cup finished.

Some of those younger players will be eligible for selection as well and this makes the final selection very difficult for the coaches.

Competition, she explained, will be good for the team, as it will raise the level of play, forcing players to step up.

It was not like that in the past, girls knew they were going to make it, due to the lack of available players, but every year, the pool is growing.

1]; } ?>