April 26, 2024, 10:54:31 PM

Author Topic: Ex T & T captain charged for arms and ammo??  (Read 7582 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Ex T & T captain charged for arms and ammo??
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
I a bit confused. Is Reynold carrington we talking bout? I mixing him up with a footballer who used to play for either W connection or Jabloteh and got shot and killed in a robbery at his apartment. If dahs not Reynold carrington....who it was den? Tallman?
"A FORMER Trinidad and Tobago Under-17 national football coach and an ex-PNM councillor, yesterday appeared in the Point Fortin Magistrates’ Court for possession of a gun and ammunition.

Reynold Carrington, 28, who once coached the Under-17 football team; his father Edison, 55, and sister, Heather, 32, pleaded not guilty to possession of a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver and six rounds of ammunition, when they appeared before Magistrate Betsy Ann Lambert-Peterson. "

http://www.newsday.co.tt/crime_and_court/0,96031.html
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »
u cyah move in T&T without a gun these days unless u like to get take advantage of.

is all part of being a trini man in 2009.

what u basing ur information on Andre ????

U living in trinidad ???  ???

:beermug:

nah dred. i leave trinidad. too much people down there want to shoot mih.

Well seeing as u not living in T&T...to make a comment like that irresponsible and ignorant.
I living T&T and doh have a gun ..... neither to thousands of others who walk the streets daily.

Just staying ...........
cowen who allyuh fooling dread every flicking man in TNT have gun now dread.  If yu eh have a gun yu have a police friend who guh lend yu a gun.. TNT is Gun Paradise now..
war

Well you continue to believe that (together with anyone else who NOT living in T&T) and wallow in your paradise of heighten ignorance

In Laventille.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
there is a real problem with FAKE guns in Canada..........even kids carryin them
check video here
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/the_trouble_with_fake_guns/main.html
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »
Steups...

Things rugh in Trini yes, but is not like if people under seige like the media seems to infer.

I don't know, but men who acting like if because they leave Trini, things all kaopectate all of a sudden, Columbine and VA Tech and all dem scenes must be happen in Trini too?

Allyuh livin in Narnia or what?

STEUPS!!!!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »
Maybe andre from POS, BC in POS especially in the EDR a lot ah ppl walking the streets armed, or have ah tool in dey yard.

ppl there does be telling me how man does be walk in the streets wid big gun brandish in they hand bold and brazen in broad day light. man bathing by the stand pipe with dey gun in one hand and the bucket in the next'

i think it's all where yuh @ on the island, and of coure it was a blanket statement, but i understand where he coming from.                           positive.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

good points JC....but yuh know if he could be telling we dat (and nuff ah we know better), can you imagine what is being told to the average foreigner/potential-visitor who asks him bout crime in TnT?
i does get ask dat question and ah does make it meh duty to tell dem the truth. of course dey could get ah random lock-neck and rob anywhere eh, but as long as dey stay away from places (including those you mentioned) where de odds ah getting robbed/killed/etc real high, dey go be alright.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
I'll say it again dem parts in laventille, morvant, EDR and where ever else dem bongo, ignorant, niggas dat killin dey self come from is not ah accurate reflection of the I'land as a whole, and man dat choose to talk out dey ass, up dey ass or where-ever else that smells like ass an' makin blanket statements especially wen dey not spendin much time here being drama queens and little else.................ahh but wut is to be expected is trinis again......... sigh

and for those comin to jump on d niggas plug............I black too
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:13:26 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »
u cyah move in T&T without a gun these days unless u like to get take advantage of.

is all part of being a trini man in 2009.

what u basing ur information on Andre ????

U living in trinidad ???  ???

nah dred. i leave trinidad. too much people down there want to shoot mih.

Well seeing as u not living in T&T...to make a comment like that irresponsible and ignorant.
I living T&T and doh have a gun ..... neither to thousands of others who walk the streets daily.

Just staying ...........
cowen who allyuh fooling dread every flicking man in TNT have gun now dread.  If yu eh have a gun yu have a police friend who guh lend yu a gun.. TNT is Gun Paradise now..
war

Well you continue to believe that (together with anyone else who NOT living in T&T) and wallow in your paradise of heighten ignorance

From the T&T NEWSDAY

TT losing kids to crime

Tuesday, March 3 2009

ARCHBISHOP Barbara Burke, founding member of the Ark of the Covenant Spiritual Baptist Church, yesterday lamented that on a daily basis, this country is losing its children to crime and violence.

“We all know the youth are the future and daily we are losing them. In Laventille, seven and eight-year-olds are walking around with guns and this has us deeply concerned. Someone needs to educate them and show them that this is not the right way,” Burke said.

She made her feelings known during a press conference at City Hall to announce various events and activities the church would host as part of celebrations for Spiritual Shouter Baptist Day on March 30.

One of the symposiums will deal with crime and is titled: ‘Crime : A multidimensional issue’. This seminar which takes place on March 24, at the Empowerment Hall in Maloney will focus discussions on assessing the high reaching impact of crime in society.

“We cannot afford to give up on these youths. It is when we lie down with our arms to our sides and do nothing, that things will dramatically get worse. You can see Government is trying hard, with the blimp and all this security. These days, police are through Laventille almost every 20 minutes but it is like it not enough, more needs to be done,” Burke said.

Students from several schools throughout the country have been invited to attend this symposium.

Article hold no water.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
All you know if Reynold got any death threats of some sorts???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »
I'll say it again dem parts in laventille, morvant, EDR and where ever else dem bongo, ignorant, niggas dat killin dey self come from is not ah accurate reflection of the I'land as a whole, and man dat choose to talk out dey ass, up dey ass or where-ever else that smells like ass an' makin blanket statements especially wen dey not spendin much time here being drama queens and little else.................ahh but wut is to be expected is trinis again......... sigh

So is panday and sat maraj!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
irresponsible statements...

andre and warmonga allyuh talking ah pack ah shit.

there might be gun towns in trinidad, but it sure as hell eh no gun country.

maybe where u was living that was the case. i hear the stories about the kids in laventille and gonzalez playing with guns in broad daylight like everyone else and i know is ah different life up there.. look just the other day the blimp fly over laventille and they shoot it and bring it down for about a month.. is ah sad state of affairs..

but doh paint the whole country with the same brush.

in most places in trinidad people not living so.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
irresponsible statements...

andre and warmonga allyuh talking ah pack ah shit.

there might be gun towns in trinidad, but it sure as hell eh no gun country.

maybe where u was living that was the case. i hear the stories about the kids in laventille and gonzalez playing with guns in broad daylight like everyone else and i know is ah different life up there.. look just the other day the blimp fly over laventille and they shoot it and bring it down for about a month.. is ah sad state of affairs..

but doh paint the whole country with the same brush.

in most places in trinidad people not living so.

Well said
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 05:04:33 PM »
Just Cool,
             What he is saying and what everybody know but fail to come to terms with,  is that the the AfroTrini males in the EW corridor have gone beserk and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals(drugs and money) by any means necessary.  But Trinis think that the violence is contained in Morvant/laventy/San juan areas and will not affect them are in a dream world.

The current administration is of the idea that the bandits will kill out the other bandits and they will get tired. Just as long as the stay in there turf. But the situation is out of hand and they are unable to deal with it. Look what is happening in Mexico. The violence isolated to Juarez but it is having a drastic effect on that country. Don't be surprise if they asked for US troops to help them. The Mex. situation is what finally happens when you attitude is "nah, that can't happen here, it is just a passin' cloud"

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:   Omar, yuh like too much shit!  Wha dey shoot de blimp down with?  ;D   Ah agree with de point that de whole of Trinidad not so fuh real, but ah feel very disappointed how scared and limited we forced to live in we own country.Big man heading inside early, yuh cyah go check a lil bad ting out of yuh area with yuh mind at ease, have to hide if yuh happen to pull a lil raise from somewhere, yuh woman, sister, daughter cyah walk nowhere lonely cause man looking to hold dem down. Is not exactly how de media portray it, but it very facking far from a paradise at this point. De rich people establish dey own society in gated communities, dey own social places, and dey stay isolated, segregated from de rest of trinidad for de most part.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
Fantastic,
               Do you blame the rich people for that behaviour. If you were rich you more than likely will be doing the same thing, especially if you have children. Look I don't blame TT for panicking now, because we go bawl later.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
Reynold Carrington is only 28?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
Reynold Carrington is only 28?
No, he's 39.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Just Cool,
             What he is saying and what everybody know but fail to come to terms with,  is that the the AfroTrini males in the EW corridor have gone beserk and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals(drugs and money) by any means necessary.  But Trinis think that the violence is contained in Morvant/laventy/San juan areas and will not affect them are in a dream world.

The current administration is of the idea that the bandits will kill out the other bandits and they will get tired. Just as long as the stay in there turf. But the situation is out of hand and they are unable to deal with it. Look what is happening in Mexico. The violence isolated to Juarez but it is having a drastic effect on that country. Don't be surprise if they asked for US troops to help them. The Mex. situation is what finally happens when you attitude is "nah, that can't happen here, it is just a passin' cloud"
I understand where he coming from, but he too painting wid ah broad as brush! BC it have nice yutes in laventille and EDR who not in that and they are the mojority!!

when he say it's only little black hen chickens who wilding out, may be just as bad as what andre said but no body eh go say nutten to him BC it have nuff ppl here who feel that way and hold that view to be correct!

allyuh here seem content only to blame the pawns for facking up the country, but i doh here no body talking bout the knights , rooks , bishops , king and queens!

remember them lil boys have bosses , and their bosses have bosses! most ah dem big boys is just or even more guilty for fackin up the place.

i've said it before and i'll say it agian , i from a family who in love with crime , and when i go home my cousins and dem does come wid dey big car tuh carry me fete and beach and all kinda places, but i does cry busy tuh get out of it.

them men does be in all kinda big boy house in westmorring deigo and la horhett in carenage.

they have all kinda big boy indian and syrian friend calling dem and dey does be driving all kinda nice car belonging to their so call rich friends.

now dem boy is little snatt nose duncy fellas who turn rich just so and building big house and dating all kinda pretty hoity toity woman, gyul who dey couldn't even look @ when they was broke. now tell me, how they get so much ting out of nutten?

who rich whiteman and indian does socialize wid little duncy fellas from behind the bridge?

i not saying dem lil boy right to committ crime , no way! i against that! but dem boy is not the only ppl fackin up the country, i beleive we should start sharing the blame BC dem rich boy does never get implicated! not never! and is time dey do!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:18:37 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »

if u trying to imply that I  indian, sorry broddar u real miss, what I am is pragmatic, I doh sugar coat, I cyar stan' d pattern of self-hate we perpetuate against we self day in an' day out, d crab in a barrel syndrome nah, ah sure u know what I talkin bout, we do little or nothing to change or remove the stereotypes dat stain us and continue to do so, me an u both know dat dem young fellas not bringin d guns an' drugs from where dey comin from, we as a people too easily swayed by d promises of easy money wit little effort, an as long as man willingly gettin dey self tie-up in dat shit, dem is bongo niggas in my books, because dey not helpin d rest of us who tryin break dat perception.

U know what it like in your office to hear "certain people" use d phrase "dem people..........." when referrin to d latest round a gang violence an' know dat u mix up in that "broad brush" too intentionally or not, the indians an d syrians in d backroun' not in d news broddar............is we.........an dem laffin all d way to d bank

broad brush indeed.....................steups   
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
Is this piece of news sensationalism. Some action in Woodbrook.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2009/03/05/robbers-attack-woodbrook-limers

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:03 AM »

if u trying to imply that I  indian, sorry broddar u real miss, what I am is pragmatic, I doh sugar coat, I cyar stan' d pattern of self-hate we perpetuate against we self day in an' day out, d crab in a barrel syndrome nah, ah sure u know what I talkin bout, we do little or nothing to change or remove the stereotypes dat stain us and continue to do so, me an u both know dat dem young fellas not bringin d guns an' drugs from where dey comin from, we as a people too easily swayed by d promises of easy money wit little effort, an as long as man willingly gettin dey self tie-up in dat shit, dem is bongo niggas in my books, because dey not helpin d rest of us who tryin break dat perception.

U know what it like in your office to hear "certain people" use d phrase "dem people..........." when referrin to d latest round a gang violence an' know dat u mix up in that "broad brush" too intentionally or not, the indians an d syrians in d backroun' not in d news broddar............is we.........an dem laffin all d way to d bank

broad brush indeed.....................steups   
Breds yuh losing meh! as for the indian remark, i did not get the impression you were an indian, even though you might as well been, since yuh have no regard for yuh heritage by using such degrading words tuh discribe yuh ppl.

my yute you cyar worry bout what other ppl who look like you doing! you just have tuh hold yuh head and go though, and fack what ignorant folks have tuh say!

remember this, most ah these same yute men yuh looking down on didn't have no one to fend for dem, half ah dem father less BC nuff men leave trini in the 80ies and never look back, the other half had no father and crackhead mothers, and that's a fact.

it had a yute man from my hood in the early 80ies, his mothers was a crack head , his step father was ah stone cold wicked man and a crackhead as well, yuh know i used to watch that yute and saw he didn't stand a chance in hell of being a productive member of society.

that same yute right now is one ah the biggest gangsters in trini, as a matter of fact he belong to one ah the biggest gangs on the island.

do you know how many yutes yuh seeing and hearing bout that share the same story!

my yute in case yuh don't know, our ppl ( african ppl who was brought from africa tuh cut cane, coco,  and pick cotton) are the biggest victims since jews who were displaced by emporer titus who sacked isreal and jereuselem in 70 AD!

you think if ah ppl was denied education, stripped of their culture , language, and history, made to asume a strangers identity, forced to work for free,their children was sold as live stock, deprived of any family structure, set free without any form of rehabilitation, or place of abode after 370 yrs of degrading servitude,

no job, no land,no family structure, no access to education, no money, set back a thousand yrs! could such a ppl be fully functional and productive?

do you think such a ppl can compete with ppl who were given land , ppl who were not deprived of their culture, ppl who held power in the society,ppl who had a 400 yrs head start???!!!

breds it's a miracle that african decendants survived this tribulation, DR king him self said it! "it's a miracle we survived this atrocity"!

say thank god you had good examples and ppl to see you through, and made it their business to provide you with good care, an education and proper morals, say thank yuh JAH JAH and hold ah medi, instead of condeseding on ppl who did'nt stand a chance!

i not making no excuses for them bad boy dem, no no no! BC there's no excuses for lawlessness! i'm also aware there are fellas who came from good families and had proper examples, who choose badness! but those guys are a small minority.

most of them bad yutes are crack babies with no proper examples!

as far as other the ppl watching black folks and laughing all the way to the bank,they are responsible for a lot of crime, but does hide behind their scape goats.

believe it or not , the colonial british are also responsible for a lot of BS in the world! take forinstance the middle east crisis,the british could've brokered a better deal before leaving the middle east , but opted to keep the tention high to retain some kinda controll in the region.

they did the same in the west indies and in indo china.

breds yuh need tuh educate yuh self on the dangers of colonialism instead of making superficial analysis, what yuh see on the surface is not nessesarily what is, but just a fraction.

if we're willing tuh do some reaserch, we will be suprise tuh see what we will discover! read fellas like CLR james ,DR king, dr. henrich clark, kuame turre, chancellor william, dr. ivan vansertima, read man! and stop guessing!                         positive.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:55:11 AM by just cool »

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 06:02:18 AM »
points taken, but at some point the past and long past must be relegated to the background and not used as an excuse to stand by watch self destructive attitudes continue.
I pity the fool....

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
This thread gone deep into it, dred. This question will seem outta timing based on what passed before, but I have to ask. Reading that article on the Woodbrook robbery it stated that Woodbrook was an "upscale community". I missing something? It have a part of Woodbrook that upscale? I not saying the place run down or anything, but I think upscale is a generous description of the place... I feel like someone from South Bureau write the article.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 02:12:01 PM »
Is this piece of news sensationalism. Some action in Woodbrook.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2009/03/05/robbers-attack-woodbrook-limers

Great respons by the police to chase down they ass and at least arrest one of them. Good job. See we still have some decent police people in T&T.
See Deeks I just saw the positive in that....not the negative aspect.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »
This thread gone deep into it, dred. This question will seem outta timing based on what passed before, but I have to ask. Reading that article on the Woodbrook robbery it stated that Woodbrook was an "upscale community". I missing something? It have a part of Woodbrook that upscale? I not saying the place run down or anything, but I think upscale is a generous description of the place... I feel like someone from South Bureau write the article.
Breds ah think yuh right! wood brook from what i remembered had hoity toity poor ppl who owned their own houses, but upscale ? i don't think so. maybe lower middle class, but in no wise upscale.

maybe they talking bout st clair, BC the two ah dem real close to eachother.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »
Woodbrook is a middle class mostly black who own small businesses or upper level civil servants. Lots of sports and cultural icons of TT either were born there or found their niche in that area. Right now the area appears to be shrinking because businesses are buying out a lot of the home owners.

1]; } ?>