April 28, 2024, 08:07:56 PM

Author Topic: Ancil Farrier on trial at Quakes  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ancil Farrier on trial at Quakes
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »
papayo ,excuse oui.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
I hope he gets a better offer cause he may have stared a gift horse in the mouth..there are about 5 players at the quakes who are bent on taking that team to the top of the MLS....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »
Some men on this forum; talk about immaturity. Jessan ages!!!   ::) Anyways, moving along.

Head coach of San Jose Earthquakes, Frank Yallop, in his meeting with Ancil Farrier, told him that he wants him on the team but didn't predict he will be playing a lot this season. His agent then called and had further talks about the season and where Ancil will fit in. After careful consideration, both Ancil and his Agent thought it would be in his (Ancil) best interest to find a club where he is going to play a lot this season.  Since Ancil's main ambition is to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the National Senior level on a consistent level, he thinks it very important for him to get as much playing time as possible. San Jose officially reserves Ancil's "rights" and will be sending him to another outfit.

Rest assure, those who care that much  ;D, that money was not the reason that fuel his decision.

Kingman
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:19:14 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »
thanks kingman...beyond the forum for most part
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:12 AM »
Even if its not money Kingman, you have to creep before you walk.

Ancil should have more ambition, simple because,,,, even if he cant make the starting team for San Jose Earthquakes, he should have de ambition to break through one day. Work hard and claim his place on the starting team and not look for some other SMALLER team to make his name.

Brent Rahim made the same mistake.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »

Ancil should have more ambition, simple because,,,, even if he cant make the starting team for San Jose Earthquakes, he should have de ambition to break through one day. Work hard and claim his place on the starting team and not look for some other SMALLER team to make his name.

Sam, you hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with you.

Kingman

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »

Sam, you hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with you.

Kingman

Which is why ah say ah hope de decision doh come back to haunt him.

Just an FYI...I understand wha Sam sayin bout Rahim...but his decision not to sign with the Galaxy was made because of money and because he really wanted to play in Europe (i.e. England).  Sam is on the money with the "creep b4 u walk" lyrics.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »

definitely agree with u Sam. i also saw a name from the silverbacks, warren, trying out for the Quakes...that is one goat!!!

but ah wish Ancil all the best in his quest for a contract. as u say palos, hopefully this decision wont be one of his regrets in time to come!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »

That doesn't sound like a lack of ambition to me. His aspiration right now is to play international ball. He set his sights high. That isn't a lack of ambition. Lack of foresight, maybe. Maybe a rash decision. But then who knows what other options he have on de table.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:57:38 PM by Gillie Face »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »
from centerlinesoccer

"Ancil Farrier, Junior Burgos, Chris Williams, and Leland Wright are no longer with the team. I have not been able to confirm a rumor that Farrier was offered a deal and turned it down [from kingman in this thread]. The bottom line however is that he is not a candidate going forward, and based on the admittedly few times that I saw him, it’s not a massive loss. He’s a decent player mind you, but not the kind that would have made a huge difference this season."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:54:26 AM by E-man »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »
from centerlinesoccer

"Ancil Farrier, Junior Burgos, Chris Williams, and Leland Wright are no longer with the team. I have not been able to confirm a rumor that Farrier was offered a deal and turned it down [from kingman in this thread]. The bottom line however is that he is not a candidate going forward, and based on the admittedly few times that I saw him, it’s not a massive loss. He’s a decent player mind you, but not the kind that would have made a huge difference this season."

:D

Centerlinesoccer? what's that? Something like a socawarriors.net?

Is that quote from the coach? I hope so  ;D

Kingman
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:40:07 PM by kingman »

1]; } ?>