April 25, 2024, 12:30:13 AM

Author Topic: Ince: Players must all carry the can  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince: Players must all carry the can
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:29:00 AM »
Express & Star

Clayton Ince says every Walsall player is to blame for Crewe’s late equaliser last night and admitted the 1-1 draw felt like a defeat.

The Saddlers were stunned by Steven Schumacher’s injury time header which cancelled out Troy Deeney’s 57th minute opener.

Ince kept his former club out with two stunning saves before the 93rd minute leveller and feels the entire team are responsible for not winning.

He said: “It’s a grown-up game and people have to take responsibility. We all look to point fingers when we don’t do our jobs but we all have to stand up and be counted.

“We didn’t put in our best performance. We were lucky not to lose the game because they had great opportunities. I had to do the job which I’m supposed to do but to concede so late again feels like a loss.

“Everyone is disappointed they didn’t do their job properly, including me.”

The 36-year-old denied Clayton Donaldson in the 66th minute with a superb one-handed stop before saving at the striker’s feet but insists he isn’t concerned about any plaudits or favourite saves.

He said: “I just do the job which the gaffer puts me on to do and I try to do my best.

“Any save is a good save whether it comes straight at you or away from you – the most important thing is to make the save.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince: Players must all carry the can
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
Express & Star

Clayton Ince says every Walsall player is to blame for Crewe’s late equaliser last night and admitted the 1-1 draw felt like a defeat.

The Saddlers were stunned by Steven Schumacher’s injury time header which cancelled out Troy Deeney’s 57th minute opener.

Ince kept his former club out with two stunning saves before the 93rd minute leveller and feels the entire team are responsible for not winning.

He said: “It’s a grown-up game and people have to take responsibility. We all look to point fingers when we don’t do our jobs but we all have to stand up and be counted.

“We didn’t put in our best performance. We were lucky not to lose the game because they had great opportunities. I had to do the job which I’m supposed to do but to concede so late again feels like a loss.

“Everyone is disappointed they didn’t do their job properly, including me.”

The 36-year-old denied Clayton Donaldson in the 66th minute with a superb one-handed stop before saving at the striker’s feet but insists he isn’t concerned about any plaudits or favourite saves.

He said: “I just do the job which the gaffer puts me on to do and I try to do my best.

“Any save is a good save whether it comes straight at you or away from you – the most important thing is to make the save.

these injury time goals against Ince are becoming a habit

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »
Another draw = a defeat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Some choice comments on the article:

wacca said: Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:35 pm
Ince, granted you made a couple of good saves, however, how a goalkeeper can let a ball bounce twice in his area and then be out jumped on the goal line is beyond me.
P.S. Your kicking was aweful again last night.
The referee, how did he manage to add 90 seconds on top of the 2 minutes already added is beyond me.

danksy9 said: Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:19 pm
Clayton Ince is a liability , personally i think he should be one of the first out the door at the end of the season. He drops so many clangers its unreal

Mattyson said: Mar 11th, 2009 at 7:07 pm
Clayton is a very good league 1 goalkeeper- he makes a few mistakes but more than makes up for them repeatedly. I was interesting to see that when Jimmy Walker returned not too long ago ( a keeper I really liked ) he made some great saves but was once again beaten by a looping header the type of which we saw so many times in the past. He was a good keeper but took nowhere near the crosses Clayton takes- fair enough Clayton misses a few but Jimmy often didn’t even come for them. We certainly need Clayton to stay next year- he saves us far more points than he costs.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:13:04 PM »
Well is not only we who cyah agree.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
We have nothing to agree about, we have no GK to replace Ince.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
We have nothing to agree about, we have no GK to replace Ince.

So we playin 6-3-2 no keeper on sat 28th

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:23:03 PM »
it have socawarriors forum in Walsall too??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »
it have socawarriors forum in Walsall too??

Peeps hate all over d world.

1]; } ?>