April 18, 2024, 05:47:43 PM

Author Topic: Video of the T&T vs Guatemala 3Sept05 Match  (Read 3266 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Video of the T&T vs Guatemala 3Sept05 Match
« on: September 28, 2005, 04:44:27 PM »

Forumites,

Today I uploaded some highlights of the T&T vs Guatemala match.
http://www.ecaribbeansports.com/TnTvsGua3Sep05WCQ.html

Later

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Video of the T&T vs Guatemala 3Sept05 Match
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 05:00:46 PM »
Great work.....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »
what kinda cables and what programs yuh need to transfer from vcr to yuh computer.  I have total recorder to record audio files, but what program for video?  if I could figure this out soon enough, I could have the next two games up shortly after the games play.

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 05:10:13 PM »
Thanks alot I appreciate it.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 06:27:40 PM »
what kinda cables and what programs yuh need to transfer from vcr to yuh computer.  I have total recorder to record audio files, but what program for video?  if I could figure this out soon enough, I could have the next two games up shortly after the games play.

I think you need a video capture card and not just software but maybe it have something out there.
The main thing is where the output from your VCR going into the PC and what kinda output it is....S-Video...Coax....RCA jack.

Building a Digital Video Capture System -Part I

Building a Digital Video Capture System - Part II

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 07:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the clips man.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 10:31:27 PM »
Thanks for the clips Storebay...I still feel we qualification ify we still not consist and composed enough. But maybe it's our time now....thanks again..
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 06:37:05 AM »
Thanks breds! That Guatemala team should not finish above us!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 07:19:39 AM »
storebay this work is really appreciated breds. i wasnt able to see this game so i glad 4 de clips.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 07:30:06 AM »
Yorke score a good goal they and de ref rule it offside......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 07:48:14 AM »
YUH EH SEE HOW STERN WAS CUSSING THE FANS  :o
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 09:51:30 AM »
Storebay u is ah borse !!! Thanks breddrin .

Nice clips dey man and ah see de whole ah de 1st and 2nd. Ah like de inclusion of the match reports by we local socawarriors' reporters.

This is what unity really does look like(ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE).

Flex and Tallman take ah big up too fuh dis lil forum we have .

We have ah nice lil vibes so leh we keep de faith .

All ah de Warriors out dey..........hold it dongggg!!!!!!!!!
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 12:10:25 PM »
Yea man...that service you rpoviding is a lifeline for the football depraved Trinis abroad.

I just watch the 2nd half of the Guatemala game.
I find Jason Scotland do real good in that match.  Much better than the Gold Cup. 
Stern didn't do too bad either save for the time he get the rebound off a shot with just him and the keeper and the balll hit him in he head.  ::)
He was real determined to score them two goals.  He cud cuss we as much as he want yes.  If we hadda shit him up to get him vex and he scoring then cuss away boss.....but yuh getting real thunder if yuh feel u cud lapse back into yuh shit.
And make no mistake about it....he is play REAL SHIT for extended periods lately.  I wonder how dem Derby fans dealing with him   :D

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

Can you say a little about the computer and related hardware that you intend to use, then I can give some advise.  For example here is an outline of the PC that I use for video:

Pentium IV based workstation
2.8 GHZ P4 ; Ram  512K ; Graphics Card: nVidia 128 MB
Windows XP Prof.
System Drive 80GB ; Video  Drive Maxtor 250 GB
PYRO Digital Video 1394 DV card (excellent product, the PC did not have a Firewire card)
Pioneer DVD/CD writer DVR-A06 (excellent product; the software that it comes with is unbeatable: Ulead Video Studio, Ulead Movie Maker, Nero etc)
Canon digital camera with Firewire

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 04:23:23 PM »
I have a G3  mac that look like it have the right ports.  it have in and out s video ports...and te 3 (red white and yellow) ports that does come out of your video player. Prblem with G3 doh is that Mac os 9 doh support no setta programs.
okay so I have a g4 runnin mac os 10.  now os 10 could support even a few pc programs...and if necessary I could even take out the g3 video card and put it in the g4...problem - I ent have no programs.  anybody have programs ofr macs?
I have a couple of pcs too compaq pentium 3..but I ent see nowhere to plug in any cables.  yeah if yuh could guide mih that go be decent cuz I have the speed  and the space.

i realize we talkin different languages here storebay.  My computers in dinossaurs (if diaz how you does spell it) compared to all them specs you quoting dey.  I say it was a easy ting to save  video on your computer, but like I mistaken.  I have a 80 gig Hd on a pc.  512Mb ram on my g4...and what look to be the right ports on a g3.  I jus say I coulda save it.  den I have a lil webspace to put it up on, nad a nice lil t1 bandwidth so it wouldn't take forever...but I didn't think you needed all the thin gyou said :-[

dcs, i read thru them 2 articles and he ent say how to do the ting yet (which was supposedly he aim).  all he talk about is how hard it is
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 04:54:13 PM by Tallman »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 08:14:55 PM »
I have a G3  mac that look like it have the right ports.  it have in and out s video ports...and te 3 (red white and yellow) ports  ..... .
okay so I have a g4 runnin mac os 10. 
..... .
I have a couple of pcs too compaq pentium 3..but I ent see nowhere to plug in any cables.  yeah if yuh could guide mih that go be decent cuz I have the speed  and the space.

dcs, i read thru them 2 articles and he ent say how to do the ting yet (which was supposedly he aim).  all he talk about is how hard it is

I am not a Mac expert. A good place to start might be
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
In any case,  it appears that you can start to capture with the G3.  Connect the output of the VCR to the inputs on the video card and then use the capture software that came with the card.  GIven that the card is in the machine, the software is either loaded or on a CD.  As you suggested you can also put the card in the G4, which is preferable, because processing video requires a lot of CPU power.  That said, you will only be able to capture a short video  with a G3, or G4 before running into problems. The experts are all recommending the G5.

The compaq P3 might be an option, if the speed of the processor is higher than 800MHz.  If the processor is slower than that, then many of the capture cards would not work and with those that work you will get a lot of dropped frames on capture.  Given that you don't see any video inputs then you would need a capture card. And one possible capture card is the ``Pinnacle Studio AV/DV.''  If you have a digital camcorder with firewire, then a better option is a decent firewirecard for example PYRO Basic DV. Then transfer from VHS to the camera and then from camera to the PC. That setup also means that your PC does not have to be near the VCR.

Video also consumes a lot of memory. For example 45 minutes to an AVI file require about 12 GB of space, and if you are working on that video the machine require additional temporary space.

The above articles on ``Building a Digital Video..   ,'' referenced the state of the art in 2001, the scene has changed considerably since then and most of the product mentioned are no longer applicable.

Another good place to look around for info is
http://www.videoguys.com/
but dont't buy untill you are sure.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 08:34:06 PM »

That S-Video in sounding like your best bet with what you already have.  But your video card documentation(if you have it or can find it online) should talk more about what you can do with it.  The S-Video in might just be to send something stright to the monior and not the Video card....but I eh know.

As for the RCA ports (red yellow white)...yuh hadda check if that is input or output.

Figure out what the deal is with that S-Video In and that might help.
Unless that Video card have some kinda on board capture capability I still think you need a capture card but it have graphics cards that have that already so check if that is the case for yours.

And hard luck with the man not getting to the point...I eh even read it mehself   ;D

A next ting.  If you have access to a digital cam corder maybe you can input the VCR into that device and then record it digitally.  Not sure but might be another option to digitize the video.

I have a G3  mac that look like it have the right ports.  it have in and out s video ports...and te 3 (red white and yellow) ports that does come out of your video player. Prblem with G3 doh is that Mac os 9 doh support no setta programs.
okay so I have a g4 runnin mac os 10.  now os 10 could support even a few pc programs...and if necessary I could even take out the g3 video card and put it in the g4...problem - I ent have no programs.  anybody have programs ofr macs?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 09:54:49 PM »
thanx fellaz..I go post back monday after I try a few of your suggestions over the weekend..and tell you what I come up with.  NIce to know it have fellaz who know they stuff onboard.

1]; } ?>