March 01, 2024, 08:41:04 AM

Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Trini

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 1631
    • View Profile
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:37:18 PM »
Anyone know if a foreign based baller, say Yorke, Glen or Stern, have to pay TT taxes? Or are they taxed by uncle sam, king kangaroo or the queen?

By the way, Manning cut tax to flat 25% and also raise the personal allowance. But at the same time, he eliminate some other allowance deductions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 04:46:58 AM by Tallman »

Offline kounty

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3146
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 09:15:50 PM »
I know for regular people working in foreign you could claim tax exemptions in the foreign country (ex USA) for up to 5 years, under internationl treaties.  During that time you are supposed to be paying taxes in T'dad (if you are claiming exempt from the foreign country).  Many smart men will claim exempt in the foreign country, and T'dad will never see a red cent.  How the hell Trinidad goin and find out right?
A lot of people jus pay Uncle Sam, or queen Eloozeabell or whoever they taxes nad avoid the hassle.


1]; } ?>