April 19, 2024, 05:06:36 PM

Author Topic: Whats the real story behind lack of ceverage for the under-20 tourney?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Two games play everyday, how hard is it for the local tv stations to have a camera man posted at each game venue. It dont have to be live coverage, just highlights the next day

There must be at least one posrt specific tv/radio station in the entire land of T&T...

Its embarassing that you guys have to rely on a spanish feed from Costa Rica to fnd out how you team doing...in a game played right in your back yard.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
they the TTFF  dotish and really unprofessional

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This is not a TTFA issue, I dont believe.

Unless you are saying to me that the Media houses are being barred from covering the event by the TTFA.

4 teams will be going to the world cup finals in Egypt...in other parts of CONCACAF, this is a big deal.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The media houses doh really cater i suppose..

I still waiting for photos from the Canada game
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RF if your the head of a federation ,and you acquire the rights to a tournament would"n you make sure you have TV coverage ,and get paid for the right also ?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Maybe the media houses ,dont like dealing with the esteemed Mr Warner .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:07:28 AM by Quagmire »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well gettin no live coverage but are gettin highlights..well gayelle at least giving T&T games highlights...
seems the thinking in T&T is that only the senior team is very important. I sure most of the country dont realize the good opportunity the U20s have of making the world cup
Back in Trini...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Maybe the media houses ,dont like dealing the esteemed Mr Warner .

He is doing the rest of CONCACAF a disservice. I would love for the Mexicans back home to see thir side getting eliminated in this tournament. 4 years ago Giovanni Dos Santos and Carlos Vela etc were running rings around Ja in this tournament in Mexico city, the whole world saw it live...now that they are on teh other end of the stick...everyonme should be seeing it too.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This is not a TTFA issue, I dont believe.

Unless you are saying to me that the Media houses are being barred from covering the event by the TTFA.

4 teams will be going to the world cup finals in Egypt...in other parts of CONCACAF, this is a big deal.
Yes.  Jack owns the TTFF believe it or not thats why he and Camps cannot get voted out as Castro in Cuba.   I bet his price is just too high for broadcasting companies to spend time on the games

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the "clevage" blocking the "ceverage"

SEND MORE TITZ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the real story behind lack of ceverage for the under-20 tourney?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »
tv is business. you really feel that a media company would make any money from covering this live via video?

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
some people say we are a football nation. Really. Lets hope they(TTFA) "flimming" the tournament so we can see after the fact.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
The only thing I heard was that none of the local stations had expressed an interest in covering the tournament.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »
The only thing I heard was that none of the local stations had expressed an interest in covering the tournament.

dat is ah shame
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »

He is doing the rest of CONCACAF a disservice. I would love for the Mexicans back home to see thir side getting eliminated in this tournament. 4 years ago Giovanni Dos Santos and Carlos Vela etc were running rings around Ja in this tournament in Mexico city, the whole world saw it live...now that they are on teh other end of the stick...everyonme should be seeing it too.

reggae-fan, although it might seem different in jamaica, the world is not watching Mexico vs Jamaica U20s. I live in London, and noone has mentioned this game, or the lack of coverage, to me, even once. Maybe they are talking about it behind my back. I was on the phone several times today to work colleagues in Switzerland, Luxembourg and other parts of England today.....nothing. Admittedly, we were only talking business, but still, not even a lil small talk about the reggae kids. If you want, I could ask them tomorrow.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »

reggae-fan, although it might seem different in jamaica, the world is not watching Mexico vs Jamaica U20s. I live in London, and noone has mentioned this game, or the lack of coverage, to me, even once. Maybe they are talking about it behind my back. I was on the phone several times today to work colleagues in Switzerland, Luxembourg and other parts of England today.....nothing. Admittedly, we were only talking business, but still, not even a lil small talk about the reggae kids. If you want, I could ask them tomorrow.
Why you always go out yuh way to be rude!! yuhs ah lil child ah what!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:34 AM »

Why you always go out yuh way to be rude!! yuhs ah lil child ah what!!

You duz take tings too serious boss  ;D :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 10:24:33 AM »
is de same TV dey but to watch tnt in de hex dey want to see u-20 fittball on..
pull alyuh ass
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:28 AM »
Corps and sponsors buying up advertising time-slots?

TV ain't no free thing, and live broadcasting worse. We always want the best, but are we willing to pay for it?

If the games were pay-per-view, how much people would be willing to fork out $20 to watch the game, or be combing the internet for a free live feed?

That is the real story behind the lack of coverage.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>