March 28, 2024, 10:03:27 AM

Author Topic: Anyone still wicked enough....  (Read 1599 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone still wicked enough....
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
...to begrudge the EPL legitimate bragging rights to running things in Europe?

Notice I said bragging rights- in other words I eh making any technical analysis and not interested in being precise...And I know there's no way to conclusively make the assessment of all the various leagues up and down the respective tables...

But let's face it- even if it's by sheer collective fitness & pace, intensity or physicality, the EPL top 4 has been making a huge statement for the past few years that would suggest that football in the EPL, even if not always the prettiest is all in all the strongest in all of Europe. 

I've watched the matchups with EPL teams in the CL so far and it's tough to deny it....not just by scorelines but by the run of play as well....

I think Barca might be the only team left in the competition that could go against the grain because they are just so individually skilled and collectively organized in possession...other than that EPL run tings...again.

And FYI my favorite league to watch is La Liga
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone still wicked enough....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »
The EPL is a clear case of a top four being too strong.  Even if Arsenal ends up with the 4th spot, there is no way that villa can match their performances in Europe.

No other league in the world has a top 4 that can easily justify a place in the top ten teams in Europe (i dare say the world).

I am not sure that this is healthy, but Liverpool's clinical demolishion of Real Madrid and Man Utd's domination of easily the top team in Italy clearly suggests that "English" football is by far the best.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
The CL is an ebb and flow, and now is just the EPL's time.

Italy ran it for a while, then La Liga now is the EPL's turn.

ManUre and Liverpool play a fast brand and still rely heavily on long balls as evidenced yesterday with Giggs and co. only trying to ping long balls to C. Ronaldo. Young Santon had C. Ronaldo's number though, and he only made a note when he switched sides.

Any side that is technically gifted i.e. Barca, that could keep the ball and slow the game right down will get the better of any EPL side.

On another Kicker, WHAT D PHOQ going on with Real. For a side with so much pedigree they eh look good at all. And, as bad as that cutarse was, it could ah be worse if Casillas was not in goal - he save Real big time. Expect to see a coaching change in the summer time and wholesale changes to the playing staff, such is the revolving door at Real.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »
hard to begrudge the EPL the respect due at this point..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »
hard to begrudge the EPL the respect due at this point..
Totally right! :)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »

On another Kicker, WHAT D PHOQ going on with Real. For a side with so much pedigree they eh look good at all. And, as bad as that cutarse was, it could ah be worse if Casillas was not in goal - he save Real big time. Expect to see a coaching change in the summer time and wholesale changes to the playing staff, such is the revolving door at Real.

:puking: :cursing: :thumbsdown:

I doh have the answers... I'm just a fan.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:27:13 AM »
The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now.

The EPL is simply better right now. 

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. 

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now.

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now.

Your candor is refreshing.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:31:06 AM »

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. 

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now.

The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now. The EPL is simply better right now.

Doh worry, Barca have something for any side from the EPL, don't you worry.

It go come in like Barbadine Ice Cream jes like how Mammy use to make it.

Més que un club.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »

Doh worry, Barca have something for any side from the EPL, don't you worry.

It go come in like Barbadine Ice Cream jes like how Mammy use to make it.

And barca is ruled by a Ginger Prince.... :devil:

1]; } ?>