April 26, 2024, 05:39:56 PM

Author Topic: Andrews recalled to national team  (Read 10122 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andrews recalled to national team
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »
I will say it again, is fanatics not fans.

We bawl for Latas, we get Latas, we bawl for Andrews we get Andrews.....careful what yuh ask for tantie use to say.

Dat eh true we bawl 2 get rid ah dumbtist but he still dey.

;D I always thought fans was short for fanatics.  So know I confuse.

I confuse as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »
Sometimes its impossible to know what our supporters want coz I must have forgotten how I used to react to our team selection when I lived in Trinidad,I have to say doh I was young.I am happy to see Andrews on the team and just like some one suggested it was Latapy that probably asked for him.Since Latapy's return I am starting to hear sounds of discord directed at Latapy,the same man that every body was dying to see in our setup.Most people continue to cuss Mats and soon these people will start to cuss Latapy,dont they think that Latapy would have suggested Sancho,Cyd Gray and Avery if he thought it was the best move for TT.I sometimes hear critisims by members of players and how they played and have to wonder if I was watching the same match.I feel that we should have 2 Maradonas,2 Zidanes,1 Beckham, etc and then they might be happy.They expect to much from our limited resources,if our reserves cant beat Grenada what do you all expect...miracles.I am pleased with what we have done so far and there is no doubt that we are getting better,every game is different and not everybody can play the perfect game,its a team game and others are there to help,critical substitutions are sometimes made by the coaches which can change matches.When we made that substitution against ElSalvado I did not think it was a good idea but the way we were playing it seemed as if we could score anytime and John was looking very tired,THE sub did not mean that we couldn't defend a 2-0 lead,did it.Again I have to ask was that Mats idea or was it a compromise between Latapy and Mats.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
Sometimes its impossible to know what our supporters want coz I must have forgotten how I used to react to our team selection when I lived in Trinidad,I have to say doh I was young.I am happy to see Andrews on the team and just like some one suggested it was Latapy that probably asked for him.Since Latapy's return I am starting to hear sounds of discord directed at Latapy,the same man that every body was dying to see in our setup.Most people continue to cuss Mats and soon these people will start to cuss Latapy,dont they think that Latapy would have suggested Sancho,Cyd Gray and Avery if he thought it was the best move for TT.I sometimes hear critisims by members of players and how they played and have to wonder if I was watching the same match.I feel that we should have 2 Maradonas,2 Zidanes,1 Beckham, etc and then they might be happy.They expect to much from our limited resources,if our reserves cant beat Grenada what do you all expect...miracles.I am pleased with what we have done so far and there is no doubt that we are getting better,every game is different and not everybody can play the perfect game,its a team game and others are there to help,critical substitutions are sometimes made by the coaches which can change matches.When we made that substitution against ElSalvado I did not think it was a good idea but the way we were playing it seemed as if we could score anytime and John was looking very tired,THE sub did not mean that we couldn't defend a 2-0 lead,did it.Again I have to ask was that Mats idea or was it a compromise between Latapy and Mats.

If every coach get praise and criticism then is only to be expected that Latapy will get it too.  People shouldn't voice dey opinion if dey feel Latapy making questionable selections? 

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »
He is slow, he is a poor reader of the game, poor tackling, bad passing.  Is that enough?  Yuh mentioned him playing in champions league with Rangers.  Keep in mind that the players around Andrews when he played for Rangers were of a much higher calibre than he will be playing with when he lines up for T&T.  When playing with players like he did at Rangers they are good enough to cover his mistakes or good enough where he was not put in a position where his weaknesses were not exposed.

I wonder why Rangers coaching staff didn't just start another defender who could run, read the game, tackle and pass instead of covering up for Dog ???  If only Makan or Thomas had accepted Rangers offer to go on trials they woulda probably win de Champions League!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
He is slow, he is a poor reader of the game, poor tackling, bad passing.  Is that enough?  Yuh mentioned him playing in champions league with Rangers.  Keep in mind that the players around Andrews when he played for Rangers were of a much higher calibre than he will be playing with when he lines up for T&T.  When playing with players like he did at Rangers they are good enough to cover his mistakes or good enough where he was not put in a position where his weaknesses were not exposed.

I wonder why Rangers coaching staff didn't just start another defender who could run, read the game, tackle and pass instead of covering up for Dog ???  If only Makan or Thomas had accepted Rangers offer to go on trials they woulda probably win de Champions League!
shots man ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »

shots man ;D

\ / 6            W
            / \
on another note, how yuh does make ah hit for 6 smiley

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2009, 07:17:07 PM »

shots man ;D

LOSS BALL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
Every game we played so far with the young defenders and midfielders we have available, has conceded in the final stages of the game!

this strange phenomenon is indicative to this present young maturana team. grenada, jamaica @ m.lee  stadium, guatemala @ hasley crawford, cuba twice, the U.S. right after latas score, thank God altidor fouled hislop which yorkie coverted,and many more games that i can't recount right now.

one of the things leo beenhakker erased from our game was concesion of late goals, he taught us discipline and concentration and not to make mistakes in our first third(defensive area) especially in the dying stages of the game when teams normally concede goals.

dog and tallest are students of this philosophy, and i think the two together could be an asset and an answer to the late goals that we've been conceding especially from set pieces.

ppl forgetting that a player just can't come off from injury and rejoin a team just so, the man was in rehab and he musta had some reserve games before getting back on the first team. as for ppl who say dog slow, can't pass, is ah voom kicker and prone to mistakes,

why then was he offered an opportunity to try out for a prem team some yrs ago, and why did he played over all the defenders we had on beenhakker's team, even brent??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »
former Glasgow rangers player of the year...2 champions medals... CL play....
dog where he is because he wanted to be....
ah telling allyuh de first on Don leo team list....
some of allyuh eh know one fu#k....

BM, nobody denying the man past pedigree and accomplishments, he was clearly one of our best defenders ever. I just find it hard to believe that he could be anywhere close to that level right now...

Yeah but read the reports out of Scotland.  Remember Sancho was playing at a similar level in Scotland at Ross County but didnt get the same reviews and was not given a longer deal.

The same people who was fighting for Sancho to come back acting like if Dog is ah shit hound.

I glad he come back cause he is only 33 with alot still to offer our national team!!

And NUFF, please tell me what are the negative aspects of his game?  Cause apparently u know more than our team management as well as the Rangers coaching staff who played him in vital Champions League games.

It aint have no way that a fit Marvin Andrews cannot make our national team.

ah love it!!

He is slow, he is a poor reader of the game, poor tackling, bad passing.  Is that enough?  Yuh mentioned him playing in champions league with Rangers.  Keep in mind that the players around Andrews when he played for Rangers were of a much higher calibre than he will be playing with when he lines up for T&T.  When playing with players like he did at Rangers they are good enough to cover his mistakes or good enough where he was not put in a position where his weaknesses were not exposed.

When playing with T&T is another story.  Our midfield often leaves our defenders exposed or doesn't provide enough cover for our defense.  That is why Andrews weaknesses are more exploited when he plays for T&T but not Rangers.

As far as management is concerned.  The same management recalled Spann when he barey plays for a conference team and Powers when he just came of an injury.  So we know management is not infallible.

LOL, i done!!

I must admit andre you have plenty patience. It take yuh long to LOL when discussing with assholes pretending to be football brains. I wouldn't even give this football dunce the time of day. I am just commenting on how long it take yuh to lol.

Offline Trini/Aussie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »
Forever Trini....that white thing  u saw with Sancho is half Trini half Aussie and is my daughter so watch what u say... :rotfl: Its trini/aussie from down under....cheers .

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »
as sombody mention jess now....dog at rangers....wha bout de "big" coach who come to rangers and let go dog...cause ah de same shit allyuh talking...he could butt and cant pass...was he name..french technocrat...lyon winner da da da..Paul le Guen....how long he last at rangers wit he "passing backs...lol..eh, how long???...not as long as dog...c#nts
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »

Ah wonder why he not playing fuh Rangers now? 

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
former Glasgow rangers player of the year...2 champions medals... CL play....
dog where he is because he wanted to be....
ah telling allyuh de first on Don leo team list....
some of allyuh eh know one fu#k....

BM, nobody denying the man past pedigree and accomplishments, he was clearly one of our best defenders ever. I just find it hard to believe that he could be anywhere close to that level right now...

Yeah but read the reports out of Scotland.  Remember Sancho was playing at a similar level in Scotland at Ross County but didnt get the same reviews and was not given a longer deal.

The same people who was fighting for Sancho to come back acting like if Dog is ah shit hound.

I glad he come back cause he is only 33 with alot still to offer our national team!!

And NUFF, please tell me what are the negative aspects of his game?  Cause apparently u know more than our team management as well as the Rangers coaching staff who played him in vital Champions League games.

It aint have no way that a fit Marvin Andrews cannot make our national team.

ah love it!!

He is slow, he is a poor reader of the game, poor tackling, bad passing.  Is that enough?  Yuh mentioned him playing in champions league with Rangers.  Keep in mind that the players around Andrews when he played for Rangers were of a much higher calibre than he will be playing with when he lines up for T&T.  When playing with players like he did at Rangers they are good enough to cover his mistakes or good enough where he was not put in a position where his weaknesses were not exposed.

When playing with T&T is another story.  Our midfield often leaves our defenders exposed or doesn't provide enough cover for our defense.  That is why Andrews weaknesses are more exploited when he plays for T&T but not Rangers.

As far as management is concerned.  The same management recalled Spann when he barey plays for a conference team and Powers when he just came of an injury.  So we know management is not infallible.

LOL, i done!!

I must admit andre you have plenty patience. It take yuh long to LOL when discussing with assholes pretending to be football brains. I wouldn't even give this football dunce the time of day. I am just commenting on how long it take yuh to lol.

Yes he could lol and you could call me ah asshole but nobody dispute any of his weaknesses that I pointed out yet. 

If yuh go back on threads on this site yuh will see other people pointed some of the same things I am saying.  I believe there was a thread back during the 06 qualifiers where tallman pointed out some of the costly mistakes that Andrews made in the past.

I's de dunce when I could defend my position with something more than lol and calling man asshole?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2009, 02:14:17 AM »
Conceding goals in the closing stages seems to be more a problem of fitness than tactics or skill,this has been happenning in our football for ages.It is not a recent phenomenon.

1]; } ?>