March 28, 2024, 11:59:15 AM

Author Topic: TTFF launches "The Warrior Within" Campaign  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF launches "The Warrior Within" Campaign
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation through the guidance of its Special Advisor and Jack Warner, has created a support platform unlike anything this country has ever seen. Four  patriotic, proud, national brands have come forward to drive the most enthusiastic,  frenzied, passionate, energetic, support imaginable. The entire nation is engaged in this as we invite each and every citizen to participate in what will be known as The Warrior Within. All this is aimed towards increasing support for The National Senior Team in its drive for qualification for South Africa 2010.

True Trinis are called upon to sound the battle cry, to summon our forces in the largest gathering of support ever mustered on the island.

Every one of us is a Warrior; each of us must find a way of demonstrating support. And we have created a range of exciting, novel and powerfully entertaining ways toachieve this. But just before we get into this please allow me to explore the nature of our campaign,” Concacaf Trinidad Communications Manager Hema Ramkissoon said at the campaign launch at the Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain on Thursday

The objective of the programme, the Warrior Within, is to inspire a wave of nationalism through football and the World Cup quest of the Soca Warriors.

This is the nation's platform for writing, dancing, shouting and crying their hearts out with pride for team and country. Each of us will live through the endeavours of the Soca Warriors as our own daily challenges are mirrored by our boys on the field of play , this you will see in a few weeks is the theme of our television campaign. A multi-media campaign to promote that sense of nationalism and support for the team will be introduced. It is useful to note that we have broken new ground in sports sponsorship where four national brands have joined together to back a campaign the intent of which is to build nationalism and support for the team.  And I wish to acknowledge the generosity and enthusiasm with, which our four sponsors embraced this programme:  BMobile, Carib, First Citizens, and KFC. We salute your sense of patriotism. 

Warner was excited over the new initiative.

"Today, four of this nation’s most powerful brands have come together to launch an initiative that will change how sports will be promoted. Beyond the event itself, these four sponsors have patriotically enjoined in a programme to inspire a deep sense of nationalism through the platform of football,” Warner said

"At the end of the day, this campaign will do much more than create a nation of Soca Warriors fans rooting for the home team but to create that crucial sense of belonging to a special place, a home, Trinidad and Tobago. As you will soon discover through our presentation this morning, this is an interactive, dynamic programme that will create a buzz across our twin island state.

“When this initiative was conceptualized my first thought was brilliant but where do get the support and commitment to move it forward. And I must tell you, each sponsor here made an IMMEDIATE commitment of support upon learning about it. And beyond these there are other individuals who continue to pledge their own form of support in various ways, people such as Telly Paul of PTSC who is kindly loaning us a special Soca Warrior Bus for promotional activities. It is at times like this I am most encouraged and our team recognizes the fund of goodwill and level of support that is out there for them and indeed for Trinidad and Tobago.”

There will be six themes each carrying a pledge of national support.  A pledge which is a reflection of you and me .

Sample of the copy in the ad.

I AM PASSION.

Within each of us, no matter how seemingly unlikely, lies the spirit of a hero, the character of a Warrior that emerges when the time is right to do battle against all odds, to win.

I am a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, filled with Passion for country. I have discovered a Warrior Within myself. I pledge my support for country and team. The Soca Warriors will qualify for World Cup 2010, South Africa when we give passionate support to the team.

Ushield your true Trini spirit. Unfurl your flags. Prepare for the battle ahead. Red, White, Black. Support the Attack!

And Attack we will on the field of play, these themes are mere descriptions of the emotions which I have seen at the games . They are extensions of me and you.

Other pledges
I AM PRIDE
I AM ENERGY
I AM COURAGE
I AM STRENGTH
I AM HEART

Yes we are all of those things ...and along with inspiring television ads we will drive the national message.

But Trinis are also colorful, interactive and innovative people and we had to create camping which captured the essence and uniqueness of the trini spirit.

A campaign like no other, a campaign for you
Hence the creation of FAN-ANTICS an interactive strategy to get the supporters out.

Here we tap into our affinity for expressing ourselves like only we can.
We provide a medium for supporters to really get in on support of the team and country.

So how does this fan-antics work?

Live web cams are placed at various public places and people are encouraged to dance and act out their extreme form of support. Selected images are placed on YOU-Tube, Facebook and on national television where the public votes for various categories of extreme support. Those garnering the most votes win a range of prizes, from tickets to the games to dinner with members of the team! This way of showing support we believe will become a powerful viral marketing tool.

People will be encouraged as well to take their mobile phones as well and record their FAN ANTICS, send it to each other and to our website. The greater the impact, the wider the coverage and the better the reward for those supporters. We wanted a campaign that involved the public. Instead, we have a public that is the campaign! Supporters win a host of prizes including a grand prize which will be announced by another sponsor within the next week.

Images will be fed to web sites of sponsors. These images become television and print ads vying for your nod of approval as THE support group of the week!

There will also be face painting across the country in national colours,  live billboards with models dancing their support, professional cheerleaders from overseas training and performing locally, a drum line group working with local percussionists, and a whole host of other exciting unusual events.

In addition to embracing technology , this campaign embraces you and trust me we will be seeing you very soon. As you can see our campaign is also mobile (via a roaming BUS) ..We know that you are the driving force that has allowed us to achieve great success in the past.

With this campaign we are integrating you , Trinidad and Tobago.  Now unleash the Warrior Within.

Read TSTT's Sponsors Message
Read Warner's Address
Read Carib's Sponsors Message
Read KFC's Sponsors Message
Read FCB's Sponsors Message

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:53:14 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF launches "The Warrior Within" Campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Ah know, Ah know. We all want to get excited eh. Buh is jess the source it commin' from boy.

But the source doh matter in this case. This is Great. We need to garner as much support as we can.

Ah Lehwe Go!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »
Saw it on the news and it is a brilliant idea...but shouldnt this have been done in January?

but great move...hopefully it does set a national frenzy... next step get maturana out lol

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
It sounds good on paper...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »
It sounds good on paper...

Like nuff tings d implementaion  :-\
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »
Saw it on the news and it is a brilliant idea...but shouldnt this have been done in January?

but great move...hopefully it does set a national frenzy... next step get maturana out lol

SM say God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:37:04 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation through the guidance of its Special Advisor and Jack Warner,

Why everything from the TTFF does start with this. Can they not do anything on there own.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation through the guidance of its Special Advisor and Jack Warner,

Why everything from the TTFF does start with this. Can they not do anything on there own.

OF COURSE NOTTTTTTTTT

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
yuh want we excited ??..get rid of the Tamarind called maturana...

good stuff TTFF....we waiting for this
notice a lot of forum ideas packaged....not rocket science...do allyuh job...cool
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »

2010 when we playing Turkey in our first game yuh guh be still saying dat.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:13:28 AM »
yuh want we excited ??..get rid of the Tamarind called maturana...

good stuff TTFF....we waiting for this
notice a lot of forum ideas packaged....not rocket science...do allyuh job...cool
Yuh ahright dread, ah see yuh bigging up yuh bot boy scotch and coconut water. :devil: :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »
Ride the wave

Rastafari

1]; } ?>