April 28, 2024, 09:03:18 AM

Author Topic: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA  (Read 42094 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aaron Maund
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
I have sit down and listen to many articles on this youngster switching allegiance , Some things really bother me , firstly I like to say I love to se how passionate some of our supporters on the forum as , my only hope is that they can show that patriotism when it counts , because a lot of these people who went on bashing the youngsters are not really patriotic supporters. So to hell with all those stupid comments about the boy switching allegiances.
Since when SELLOUT shaun fuentes became a reliable source of information as far back as i can remember he has always been biased towards the TTFF so how come the supportes of the forum all of a sudden have his back. When are we going to grow up and be a intelligent society.
I agree with Aaron for making the swithc so how do you guys know he is not using the USA to get experience and then after returning back to T&T setup. I being honest if i was ignored by the TTFF I would play for another country knowing fully well i can switch back for the country i love at senior level. So what you guys are saying is that you would rather give up on gaining experience to make you a better footballer.
So all the best to these young players play and grow , the choice is theirs , Can anyone remember when birchall complained about the ttff not staying in contact with him, for instance has the TTFF kept in contact with Andre Boucaud or monito them .
One thing i cant stand is hypocrites

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron Maund
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
I have sit down and listen to many articles on this youngster switching allegiance , Some things really bother me , firstly I like to say I love to se how passionate some of our supporters on the forum as , my only hope is that they can show that patriotism when it counts , because a lot of these people who went on bashing the youngsters are not really patriotic supporters. So to hell with all those stupid comments about the boy switching allegiances.
Since when SELLOUT shaun fuentes became a reliable source of information as far back as i can remember he has always been biased towards the TTFF so how come the supportes of the forum all of a sudden have his back. When are we going to grow up and be a intelligent society.
I agree with Aaron for making the swithc so how do you guys know he is not using the USA to get experience and then after returning back to T&T setup. I being honest if i was ignored by the TTFF I would play for another country knowing fully well i can switch back for the country i love at senior level. So what you guys are saying is that you would rather give up on gaining experience to make you a better footballer.
So all the best to these young players play and grow , the choice is theirs , Can anyone remember when birchall complained about the ttff not staying in contact with him, for instance has the TTFF kept in contact with Andre Boucaud or monito them .
One thing i cant stand is hypocrites

brethren...i hope you ready for wat u about to get from the rest of the formunites!!! all i will say to u is be sure to do proper research on the topic before you make the kinda comments you made and start callin people hypocrites and so forth. i wish u all d best...LOL!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »
Tallman make a good point.

Plenty a we players does play or did play college ball in de US.  Many on scholarship.  Dat never stop dem from representin de country.

Personally....Aaron Maund have de right to represent who he choose to represent.  He use T&T U 17 in 2007 and he now usin USA U 20 in 2009.  Nutting wrong with dat.  Dat is his perogative and his option to do so.  Both Federations usin him too so is not like is a one way street.

De only issue I have is de explanation dat College is de reason he didn't come back to play for Trini.  First of all...yuh doh OWE nobody no explanation...but if yuh givin one, doh take we fuh fool.  We might be third world Mr. Maund...but we eh DOTISH.

Come correck or doh come at all.

Best of luck to our T&T team and I hope we emerge victorious.  We will always support our team.   Good luck to Aaron Maund in whatever career choices he makes now and in the future.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:53:08 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
Tallman make a good point.

Plenty a we players does play or did play college ball in de US.  Many on scholarship.  Dat never stop dem from representin de country.

Personally....Aaron Maund have de right to represent who he choose to represent.  He use T&T U 17 in 2007 and he now usin USA U 20 in 2009.  Nutting wrong with dat.  Dat is his perogative and his option to do so.  Both Federations usin him too so is not like is a one way street.

De only issue I have is de explanation dat College is de reason he didn't come back to play for Trini.  First of all...yuh doh OWE nobody no explanation...but if yuh givin one, doh take we fuh fool.  We might be third world Mr. Maund...but we eh DOTISH.

Come correck or doh come at all.

Best of luck to our T&T team and I hope we emerge victorious.  We will always support our team.   Good luck to Aaron Maund in whatever career choices he makes now and in the future.

palos ah bless yuh post dey!!! same thing i been saying!! :beermug: :beermug:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »
His scolarship will be different from our footballers because he is a US citizen also ,Have you seen his scolarship, then why think it is crap, have you tried calling the university officials to get thier side.  Do you know foreign athletes get a different scholarship to a US athlete.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2007/08/22/kicking_open_new_doors/?page=2

Kicking open new doors
Local duo's success helps pave way for New England soccer

Sheanon Williams's performance for the US in the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea may go far in determining his chances for a professional career. (PAT GREENHOUSE/GLOBE STAFF)

By Frank Dell'Apa, Globe Staff  |  August 22, 2007

While growing up in Dorchester, Aaron Maund and Sheanon Williams used to play soccer wherever they could find a game. They dreamed of growing up to become professional players and being selected for the US national team.

Maund and Williams have moved far beyond those cold winter days of kick-arounds in the Frank V. Thompson Middle School gym as they compete in the FIFA Under 17 World Cup through Sept. 9 in South Korea.

For a change, though, Maund and Williams are on opposing teams. Maund was cut by the US and is performing for Trinidad and Tobago, the country of his father's birth. Williams, who is also of Trinidadian descent, is starting at right back for the US after being converted from a striker position.

Both Maund and Williams played the entire game but their teams got off to unsuccessful starts Monday. The US lost to Tajikistan, 4-3, and next plays Tunisia; Trinidad & Tobago lost to Ghana, 4-1.

"We first met when we were 6 years old," Williams recalled. "To see [Maund] on the other side will be great. He looked at the situation after it didn't work out [with the US] and it's going to be a great experience for him to be with Trinidad. It's definitely weird, but I have had other friends switch countries. I could have done the same thing."

The results of the U17 World Cup could go far in determining the futures of its participants. Most of the starting players in this event are either with professional clubs or destined for them soon.

The emergence of Maund and Williams also symbolizes the progress of local players, dozens of whom have forged professional careers from Major League Soccer to Eastern Europe.

Williams and Braintree's Scott Caldwell are enrolled in the Bradenton Soccer Academy in Florida, a full-time residency program for prospective national teamers. Williams has committed to the University of North Carolina but will likely receive professional offers before ever playing a game for the school.

Revolution defender Michael Parkhurst followed a similar path, leaving Cranston, R.I., to enroll in Bradenton at age 14 and progressing to become MLS Rookie of the Year in 2005 and a US national team player this year.

Maund, 16, attends Roxbury Latin and is going down a road similar to the one Charlie Davies took from Manchester, N.H., to the Brooks School to Boston College to Hammarby IF in Sweden, making his US national team debut this year.

Professional players with New England ties have usually gone through the collegiate ranks but Maund and Williams might be opening the doors to the inner city for prospective national team players.

But if this is to become a trend, the process of player development might have to change.

The progress of Maund and Williams was facilitated by the Greater Boston Bolts club team, which won a national championship two years ago at the U16 level. The team was coached by former MLS defender Francis Okaroh, who is attempting to change the prevailing developmental program.

"I don't believe kids 10, 11, 12 years old get to understand the game when they have to win, win, win," said Okaroh, who is now working with the South Shore United Blazers and is an assistant coach at Boston University. "If they are thinking about winning all the time, they are not going to last. They are going to be burned out by the time they could be thinking about playing professionally.

"Once they hit 14 or, if you have a special group of 13s, you can do it. If they start too early with coaches emphasizing winning so much, they won't be ready at the next level. The bigger kids will play a lot and they end up being cheated, because when the other kids catch up they have lost their edge
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
If we are not third world why are we casting judgement without trying to get the facts and let other people think for us . what about trying to get the facts

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »
His scolarship will be different from our footballers because he is a US citizen also ,Have you seen his scolarship, then why think it is crap, have you tried calling the university officials to get thier side.  Do you know foreign athletes get a different scholarship to a US athlete.

again soldier...research please!!! if we are to take your point and run with it....the amount of scholarship money given to a US citizen is far more less than what a non national of the US will need, due to the difference in the international fees that an international student has to pay. what does that have to do with his eligibility to play for trinidad and tobago...which is the foolish excuse we were given?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
We first met when we were 6 years old," Williams recalled. "To see [Maund] on the other side will be great. He looked at the situation after it didn't work out [with the US] and it's going to be a great experience for him to be with Trinidad. It's definitely weird, but I have had other friends switch countries. I could have done the same thing."

So he's ah pimp then.  ??? ;D 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »

What different scholarship? The US students make be given more federal and state schols along with institutional aid, and a little athletic grant, as the majority share of athletic grant will be reserved for international student-athlete as they will not qualify for other grant in aid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »
Considering this youth's football pedigree and dat he is recognized nationally in the U.S., getting a football schol at many institutions would not be a problem whatsoever.  So there goes the poor Mother and Father Theory.  Maund Father for certain eh writing like no poor me one.  Mr. Maund trying and pull dat barefeet, fry bake and lime juice for lunch primary school story dat Jack Warner does give we.  Dem men talking like spending a year in T&T is like going to Golden Grove.  Mr. Maund would be better off saying de U.S. have a better set up, more money and "proper administrators"...talk done.  We could read between de lines and accept dat.  But doh take we for fool.  Dis is Dave Jenney Award Material.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:30:46 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »
Considering this youth's football pedigree and dat he is recognized nationally in the U.S., getting a football schol at many institutions would not be a problem whatsoever.  So there goes the poor Mother and Father Theory.  Maund Father for certain eh writing like no por me one.  Mr. Maund trying and pull dat barefeet, fry bake and lime juice for lunch primary school story dat Jack Warner does give we.  Dem men talking like spending a year in T&T is like going to Golden Grove.  Mr. Maund would be better off saying de U.S. have a better set up, more money and "proper administrators"...talk done.  We could read between de lines and accept dat.  But doh take we for fool.  Dis is Dave Jenney Award Material.  >:(

excellent post, yeah bredda ah went ahead and bold de whole damn thing man!
oh and with all dis baccahnal bout Maund and he father on two separate threads, i did forget that how he come to play wid we is AFTER he get drop by de US, i really did forget that yes.....does that make ah difference though?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
Aaron Maund Selected To U.S. Under-20 Squad
Irish freshman to compete with team at the CONCACAF Championships this spring. 

Jan. 21, 2009

NOTRE DAME, Ind. - Aaron Maund (Dorchester, Mass./The Roxbury Latin School), a freshman central defender on the Notre Dame men's soccer team, recently has been selected to the United States Under-20 national team that will compete at the CONCACAF Championships that will be held this spring.

The U-20s will face Jamaica, El Salvador and either Honduras or St. Vincent & the Grenadines in Bacolet, Tobago. The U-20 Championship, which will be held from March 6-15, will qualify four regional teams to the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

The tournaments will mark the first time since 1996 that the events will be held as a regional championship in a single venue. The U.S. Under-20s topped Group A in Panama to book their place in Canada 2007.

Under-20 head coach Thomas Rongen and his squad will be based in Dwight York Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago for their first three group games, with the final schedule still to be determined.

The U.S. will face the winner of a two-leg playoff series between Honduras and St. Vincent & the Grenadines, who will be battling for the eighth and final place in the regional tournament. El Salvador won the Central American tournament to earn their place in Trinidad & Tobago while Jamaica won its group in Caribbean qualifying. The U.S., Canada and Mexico qualified for the final round automatically, along with hosts Trinidad & Tobago.

Should the U.S. advance out of Group A, they will qualify for the U-20 World Cup as one of the region's top-four teams. They also will travel to Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya, Trinidad for the semifinals and either the third-place game or final, which will decide the CONCACAF crown.

The FIFA U-20 World Cup will be held in Egypt from Sept. 25 - Oct. 17, 2009. The U.S., which will be looking to qualify for their record seventh-straight FIFA Under-20 World Cup, finished seventh at their last U-20 World Cup run in 2007 after advancing to the quarterfinals.

Maund, who is listed as a midfielder on the U.S. roster, started all 21 games in the central defense and played every possible minute on the field during his rookie campaign with the Fighting Irish in 2008. He notched one assist and helped Notre Dame post a 12-7-2 record and capture the BIG EAST Blue Division crown along with garnering the No. 12 seed for the NCAA Championship. Maund was named the BIG EAST rookie of the week on Sept. 22.

Playing internationally will be nothing new for Maund. He started all three games with the Trinidad & Tobago national team at the 2007 Under-17 World Cup in South Korea. He was able to play with Trinidad & Tobago because his father is a native of the country. Maund also has been in the United States U-14, U-15 and U-17 national player pools.

You could tell me it's not a plus for the program, playing on a National team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:57 PM »
The only way that Aaron can continue with school and play football at this level is to play for the US Under-20 Men’s National Team. We exhausted all other possibilities ; a waiver from the NCAA (to preserve his eligibility to play for his University);  time off from school  (to play for Trinidad would mean a whole year living here , remember he is an American kid ).

Me eh familiar wit de intricacies of US college ball, but wouldn't Sean De Silva and Stephen Knox (granted he injured) have de same issues? As a matter of fact,  our U-20 teams usually have a couple of players who are based in US colleges at de time.
sean has to overs school for this semester to compete...but that is part and parcel of being an internatioanl footballer.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »
I agree with him to some degree.  I agree that it would be difficult to go back and forth especially with Aaron's committment to Notre Dame.  However, he did it before and if he really wanted to do it he could do it again.  Isiah Ferguson didn't make the team and he and his father was fully committed to the same process as Aaron Maund.

I not against the youth man for playing for the US but all the father just doing they is giving we excuses.  Imagine the father have to "sell" the T&T program to his son...so basically the question I ask is how did T&T know about Aaron in the first place?  Who initiated the initial contact going back to the U17s?  Now I know the TTFF eh the most organized but come on sir, we eh dotish.  Just say he preferred to play for the US and move on...no need to defend your tactics.

All the best to Aaron and to T&T....
Missing High School classes is different from missing college classes though. So I dont think because he did it before is a reason for him to do it now.

Agreed.  But he not missing classes at Notre Dame now?  Yuh doh think the US players miss more classes than our potential players based on the amount of preparation time they need?  Where does the US practice, certainly not in Indiana where ND is based.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Maund still opts for T&T over the USA.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

United States-born National Under 17 player Aaron Maund says he would choose Trinidad and Tobago over the country of birth if he had to make that selection any time in the future.

And why? Not only because he’s now represented T&T at a FIFA Under 17 World Championship but because he prefers the feeling he experiences when wearing the red, white and black. In other words, he prefers the vibes of the “Soca Warriors”.

Maund, a 16-year old was in the final pool in the US team before being cut prior to the team’s final qualifying campaign in April. His father being Trinidadian allowed him to play for T&T while another player- Sheannon Williams, who was once attached to Joe Public FC went on to play for the US as a defender at the World Championship. Both Maund and Williams grew up playing in Dorchester. Both players were also part of the Greater Boston Bolts club which won a US National Under 16 title a couple years back.

“The results of the U17 World Cup could go far in determining the futures of its participants. Most of the starting players in this event are either with professional clubs or destined for them soon. The emergence of Maund and Williams also symbolizes the progress of local players, dozens of whom have forged professional careers from Major League Soccer to Eastern Europe,” the Boston Globe newspaper stated.

Maund meantime took everything he could with him from the Korea experience. He started all three matches against Ghana, Colombia and Germany and managed two of T&T’s better chances on goal against the Germans.

“It’s been a really good experience. Coming from the US meant I didn’t know a lot of the guys here at first. But the team welcomed me into the family and that helped the transition. My level of play has grown over the experience and that’s been the benefit of it,” Maund told TTFF Media. He added that he didn’t see any major differences between the T&T and US camps.

“When I first came here I felt the only difference was the accent. It’s a lot of the same… the same stuff in training, the guys are very similar. Some of the off the field things may be different but it’s really isn’t that big of a difference. I think everyone wants to succeed and work hard at trying to achieve that. We need to do more though.”

So which country would he choose tomorrow if the option to represent either country came up again.

“It’s easy! I would be with the Trinidad and Tobago team because I enjoy playing with this team… the coaching staff and all… it’s more of a family unit as opposed to the US where it’s like each player for himself which is the feeling I got. The (T&T team) staff cares about you and the players as well and that’s the kind of unit I want to be in. I want to go on trials possibly outside but next year is the Under 20s and I’ll be back for that definitely. I’m working towards playing for the Trinidad and Tobago Senior team in the future,” Maund concluded.

Hhmmmmm.....

The father should have just come out and say something straight up and not use college as an excuse. Every player in this current tournament missing school right now.

But say what, it's his decission and his son, so he did what was best for him. Hope Aaron makes the US senior team one day because he surely would have had a better chance to go further with T&T because of the depth pool (who knows).

You cant become rich playing for your country, but the recognation would be great as you stand a better chance of being spotted by some club.

Saw Aaron play many times 2 years ago, we defiaitely have better more skillful players at present, but Aaron have a determination in him I really liked. He was needed when he played for T&T under 17 team, not sure how he has developed now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:31:00 PM by Star Child »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

What different scholarship? The US students make be given more federal and state schols along with institutional aid, and a little athletic grant, as the majority share of athletic grant will be reserved for international student-athlete as they will not qualify for other grant in aid.

100% correct Elan.
As US Citizens/ Residents, you are entitled to apply and accept LOANS as part of their financial aid package. Most Basketball players receive full scholarships, but in other sports with deeper rosters or those that do not bring in as much/ any money as the main sports, players only receive partial scholarships - and it is up to them and their parents to fill the gap in cost. I know many football players from my alma mater who have loans to cover everything from meal plans, to residency to tuition.

International students have to maintain their GPA and fulfill the other obligations stated in their scholarships.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Aaron Maund
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
.... Since when SELLOUT shaun fuentes became a reliable source of information as far back as i can remember he has always been biased towards the TTFF .....

erm, the man is an employee of the TTFF.
Can that be considered "biased" or doing his job?

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »
disgraceful and pathetic, since money mean so much to dem, let dem go, no mercy on him when him and his other 3 trini traitors step on the field, tt should rest some licks on dem 2nite :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »

eh? say again  ??? wha wha wha ?  :o eh?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:17:20 PM by palos »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
I think we just step over the line.......can we delete this.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:17:36 PM by palos »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
That is a silly statement!! They have made their decision now lets wish them the best and move on. I will always be interested in Aron's future as a player. I wish him all the best. This badmindedness is really unbecoming of Trinbagonians. Lets make them regret their decision by beating them on the field of play only. Stop it people. We are better than that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:17:58 PM by palos »

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »
Lol.. yea that is a bit much. Even if he did, that has nothin to do with the situation right now. But I am truly feelin bad for Maund. I mean, while I understand that we feelin slighted, but Im kind of a optomistic dude and think that maybe he wasn't trying to. Once he 21+ and he still in US uni, then I'll definitely think he slighted us, but until then,I cant really say he turn his back on TT. I thought he did initially, but I dunno. I think we shouldn't waste energy on bein vex wit him. I mean, def. don't let the U.S. beat us, but I dont think he deserves all this hate at the moment.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »
Cyah believe it have some men here who talk bout Lasana Liburd's comments and the effects on de u-20 youths and now dealing with another youth in this kinda way. Yes, it was dealt with in a somewhat cheesy way, the father has some good points but come across like he lying, and yes we forumites love Trini. Still, why we talking bout loyalty in this case? We knew beforehand that this youth get drop from USA and then start dealing with Trinidad. We accept him because he coulda give we a lil help out, knowing full well we were 2nd choice. Which one of we believed he was playing for Trini outta love for de country alone? All of a sudden we cussing de man for what we shoulda known was a possibility in de first place. I kinda disappointed too cause ah actually know de man family a lil bit, but it doh seem right for man to be facking up de youth man to this extent and talking bout loyalty when plenty man on here does be talking bout de supposedly loyal men like Akile Edwards and Bleeder like if dey is dawg. Loyalty to who? TTFF? Controversial? When de same players sucking salt who does be looking out for dem men? Let de youth do he thing and let we move on nah people.  Mash dem up tonight doh, not he foot, but dey nets please
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »

there is not any difference between the scholarships foreign students athletes receive and those that US citizens receive. Scholarships are issued either full or partial. Now full scholarships will include the direct cost of attendance. Tuition, room and board plus fees. So any athlete who does not have tuition, room and board and fees paid for is receiving a partial scholarship. The decision on what type of scholarship full or partial an athlete receives is solely that of the coach and is based on their budget. What some coaches do is supplement their budget by having athletes apply for scholarships and aid outside of their dept and it is there where the requirements may stipulate that the applicant be a US citizen.

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »

there is not any difference between the scholarships foreign students athletes receive and those that US citizens receive. Scholarships are issued either full or partial. Now full scholarships will include the direct cost of attendance. Tuition, room and board plus fees. So any athlete who does not have tuition, room and board and fees paid for is receiving a partial scholarship. The decision on what type of scholarship full or partial an athlete receives is solely that of the coach and is based on their budget. What some coaches do is supplement their budget by having athletes apply for scholarships and aid outside of their dept and it is there where the requirements may stipulate that the applicant be a US citizen.
From what i see, the scholarships tend to be more restrictive for foreign students

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »
I say again Maund grew up in BOSTON not in the TRI-STATE. Hence he would have been LESS impacted by his FATHERS Trinidadian Heritage.So if he considers himself American, we can't call him a sellout! As for your point Sir, it is null and void.

He is NOT a sellout, he is a traitor... he jump USA ship after they made him walk the plank and now he jump T&T ship back onto USA's, where next will he jump.

So he's the worse kind then,a "double agent"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »
From what i see, the scholarships tend to be more restrictive for foreign students

Scholarships are scholarships... the difference is that for those with only a 'partial' scholarship they have to find additional funds to supplement the costs.  For a non-American, the ability to get those additional funds will be a lot more limited because you can't work, you can't borrow and you can't get grants.

In Maund's case, IF as his father said he'd have to miss up to a year of school... then I find it perfectly possible that despite the positive PR, a coach with limited resources may want to allocate that scholarship to another player.  As we've all said, Maund ent no superstar so why would the coach tie up schol money for a year on a player not contributing?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
let the boy finish up he schooling...gain some experience with the USA u-20's and beyond (hopefully not hitting the senior level) and yuh might never know he might come back to T&T at the senior level. i mean look at the populations between USA and T&T....big difference right? he has more competition in the US. he obviously has a better chance with T&T. i'm sure that he'll be playing for we at the senior level.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
let the boy finish up he schooling...gain some experience with the USA u-20's and beyond (hopefully not hitting the senior level) and yuh might never know he might come back to T&T at the senior level. i mean look at the populations between USA and T&T....big difference right? he has more competition in the US. he obviously has a better chance with T&T. i'm sure that he'll be playing for we at the senior level.

WoW slap meh and then kiss meh later.....

1]; } ?>