April 27, 2024, 07:55:51 AM

Author Topic: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA  (Read 42043 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »
I fully understand and I also can understand how unprofessional the TTFF does operate, as they did with Jloyd Samuel, they had the chance to cap him and didn't, they got serious ONLY when England call him up. If USA didn't call up Aaron Maund maybe T&T would not have bothered with him.

The only thing I vex about is....

If he father was so concern about Aaron's education. Why in the FIRST place he allowed Aaron to join T&T. Taking someones place who have worked they ass off trying to make de under 17 side, Aaron came out of no where, never even been heard of at the time and take a man's place on the team. All de time Aaron father wasn't thinking of T&T when they were going through the qualifying stage in de earlies, now they make it to the world cup and all of a sudden Aaron fall out from de sky.

I dont hate de youth. But he father basically use T&T as a stepping stone after his son got booted out of the US camp. Now by Aaron having WC experience under his belt only make his chances better for the USA to pick him, and so they did, if Aaron never played for T&T he would NOT have been on the US side today....

Double edge sword - Aaron father say, he wanted Aaron to play for USA because of his school (no problem). Then why was he trying to call the TTFF then ? he should have just done what he have to do and call that George.

Aaron replace a player on the T&T team, now what will happen to that player who so poor he had to borrow money to travel to training..... why DIDN"T Aaron say he will NOT playing for T&T in de first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best, Aaron might have been a T&T senior player one day, but I cant say the same with the USA senior team as the competition is more...

I hope T&T BEAT USA today.... no support for Aaron. And at the same time, I dont WISH him BAD !!!! but no support from me.....

WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same man you stepped on going up is de same one you will meet coming down.

Aaron father should have thought about college before he accepted the position for his son to play for T&T in the first instands, because if Aaron could have made the US under 17 team we would have never know if Aaron was Trini.

And Sam is right, if T&T didn't cap the player at the under 17 world cup he would not have been on the current USA team.

We have learnt our lesson here. Pick our own players and stop looking to foreign born as they are NOT committed (98%) of them. We should have learnt from the Ian Cox and Bobby Zamora episodes.

We have to many players in T&T to search elsewhere. The TTFF needs to pay attention to this and build some program to help the youths in T&T develop as they did with our current under 20 team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »
I
We have learnt our lesson here. Pick our own players and stop looking to foreign born as they are NOT committed (98%) of them. We should have learnt from the Ian Cox and Bobby Zamora episodes.

Ian Cox???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
this is how he should of introduced himself yesterday, because it let to a 2 page cuss fest lol in the other thread
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
Well Mr. Maund best of luck to your son and I wish him well in his future endeavours. Nothing wrong with looking after family and education is important.

But this is not club football...this is national pride.

There are only 1.3 of us and we are special.

Down here we may show our feelings in funny ways, cuss, bad talk  and chastise the men who represent us. But at the end of the day...they are our heroes and their accomplishments are appreciated. All your son will simply be is a Statistic to the US national team and nothing more.

"I thinking while typing here"

If the communication with the TTFF came after your son get invited to the US camp...what is the big scene?
(ent it reach)

Ent he start the 3 WC games and is a squad member. Why you subject him to three training camp to make a squad when he already belonged to one?

Realise the TTFF cash strapped and the coach was running the side to play in a league here, he cyar come up notre dame and watch him. How you know he ent see the player on the internet?

Last thing bout communication...Your son was with a squad of 22 and officials in the Under 17 world cup.
He spend time with them fellas. They eat, sleep, train, shit, must be even run hoes together...You mean to say he ent have a cell phone number, forum id,email, facebook account, msn messenger, hi5...nuttin, to let one of them who in training give you the scoop or be able for one of the players to talk to the coach or man in charge and say Zoran...wha bout we boy Aaron. So none of them fellas coulda give you the cell of the manager or the coach or even another parent for you to hear wha going on?

Lastly you dont have to "sell" TT to nobody...if you have to do that, the buyer is not worthy of the purchase in the first place.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »
I

Ian Cox???

Ah was just about to post the same thing. When Ian Cox diss T&T?

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »
The only way that Aaron can continue with school and play football at this level is to play for the US Under-20 Men’s National Team. We exhausted all other possibilities ; a waiver from the NCAA (to preserve his eligibility to play for his University);  time off from school  (to play for Trinidad would mean a whole year living here , remember he is an American kid ).

Me eh familiar wit de intricacies of US college ball, but wouldn't Sean De Silva and Stephen Knox (granted he injured) have de same issues? As a matter of fact,  our U-20 teams usually have a couple of players who are based in US colleges at de time.

great point tallman. right now Sean de Silva spring semester going on but he in trinidad representing he country. im sure he probably worked something out where he can do summer classes to make up the credits so he can be eligible to play next fall because i cant see the University, who has invested scholarship money behind him, to allow him to freely go and play and hamper his chances of playing next fall. bottomline is an arrangement between player and school could have been arranged along with the TTFF, its something that transpires more often than not so that talk about a year off is old talk.

if Aron wanted to play for d US then that's his decision and all d best to him. if his father felt that the US team was the best fit for aron and the rest of the family, then nobody can disrespect a decision in that context. but to take the time to write an article trying to explain decisions made and reasoning behind it now make it seem like there was more going on than what he saying. bottomline u made your decision...stand by it...and dont come on the back end to defend it cause now u looking guilty! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »
I agree with him to some degree.  I agree that it would be difficult to go back and forth especially with Aaron's committment to Notre Dame.  However, he did it before and if he really wanted to do it he could do it again.  Isiah Ferguson didn't make the team and he and his father was fully committed to the same process as Aaron Maund.

I not against the youth man for playing for the US but all the father just doing they is giving we excuses.  Imagine the father have to "sell" the T&T program to his son...so basically the question I ask is how did T&T know about Aaron in the first place?  Who initiated the initial contact going back to the U17s?  Now I know the TTFF eh the most organized but come on sir, we eh dotish.  Just say he preferred to play for the US and move on...no need to defend your tactics.

All the best to Aaron and to T&T....

Well said, I not vex with Aaron because at the end of the day he have to look out for his best interest and he believes playing for the US is best for him.  We Trinis need to stop begging for players of Trini heritage to play for us and develop our won.

It have plenty people (foreign based) on this forum who delusional in their thinking that their children will automatically choose trini to represent because parents born and grow up there.  Teaching your foreign born children about our culture is not enough for them to have a link to our country.  Visiting trini for a week every year or other year will not create that link.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 08:36:03 AM »
Lastly you dont have to "sell" TT to nobody...if you have to do that, the buyer is not worthy of the purchase in the first place.

Well said Touches.....

And yes, Ian Cox did diss T&T the first time we offered him to play for T&T under St Clair and he also went AWOL after we lost 3-0 to Costa Rica in 2001.....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »
Only person make any kinda sense in this thread is Maxg.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
Only person make any kinda sense in this thread is Sam.

I fully understand and I also can understand how unprofessional the TTFF does operate, as they did with Jloyd Samuel, they had the chance to cap him and didn't, they got serious ONLY when England call him up. If USA didn't call up Aaron Maund maybe T&T would not have bothered with him.

The only thing I vex about is....

If he father was so concern about Aaron's education. Why in the FIRST place he allowed Aaron to join T&T. Taking someones place who have worked they ass off trying to make de under 17 side, Aaron came out of no where, never even been heard of at the time and take a man's place on the team. All de time Aaron father wasn't thinking of T&T when they were going through the qualifying stage in de earlies, now they make it to the world cup and all of a sudden Aaron fall out from de sky.

I dont hate de youth. But he father basically use T&T as a stepping stone after his son got booted out of the US camp. Now by Aaron having WC experience under his belt only make his chances better for the USA to pick him, and so they did, if Aaron never played for T&T he would NOT have been on the US side today....

Double edge sword - Aaron father say, he wanted Aaron to play for USA because of his school (no problem). Then why was he trying to call the TTFF then ? he should have just done what he have to do and call that George.

Aaron replace a player on the T&T team, now what will happen to that player who so poor he had to borrow money to travel to training..... why DIDN"T Aaron say he will NOT playing for T&T in de first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best, Aaron might have been a T&T senior player one day, but I cant say the same with the USA senior team as the competition is more...

I hope T&T BEAT USA today.... no support for Aaron. And at the same time, I dont WISH him BAD !!!! but no support from me.....

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »

I now reading the TT vs USA thread and understand partially why he write he nonsense.
The man deathly afraid somebody break he son foot.
Maund to begin with it ent going to be the first time somebody get they foot break in a football game , that does even happen in small goal on de block. But ah guess yuh cyar remember that since yuh is ah yankee.

Ah jus say that to stress yuh out, however ah really really damn vex that you will feel that one of  OUR talented young footballers would single your son out for a break foot, just like your decision to use and abuse Trindad and Tobago without any sense of decency is your thinking that that would happen.
Your son easier get shot by some crazed white kid in your precious US college than that happening.

You make your decision stand by the consequences , which is ridicule from some of us but definitely not any harm to you or your son.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »

Most of what he talk here is BS.
Plain and simple the US have more to offer than lil TT . If he was patriotic as he claim , no way he would let the boy play for US.
Anyhow we qualify for the U20 WC and going and buss the US tail tonight.
especially the U.S (SELLOUT)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »

Well said Touches.....

And yes, Ian Cox did diss T&T the first time we offered him to play for T&T under St Clair and he also went AWOL after we lost 3-0 to Costa Rica in 2001.....

Was it a diss then why did he end up playing for trinidad???  . in 2001 he  and mauge left because of what was happening in the camp not no AWOL the ttff knew .... the same can be said of yorke and latapy back in 2001 also  latapy was a no show in 1996 for a crucial game against USA .. and them is local born..

All the best to maund but i maintain had he really wanted to rep us he would not have joined the USA team he would not have considered that option .... ....

Again all the best to maund
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2009, 08:59:49 AM »
SPECIAL: Childhood Dreamers Team Up On U.S. U20
http://goal.com/en/news/66/united-states/2009/2/24/1126087/special-childhood-dreamers-team-up-on-us-u20

As kids, Sheanon Williams and Aaron Maund had dreams of playing together for the U.S. on the international level. That could be about to come true, but the timing with FIFA approval will be close. Goal.com special guest Frank Dell'Apa reports.

25 Feb 2009 04:50:58
By Frank Dell'Apa, Special to Goal.com

Since they were youngsters growing up in the Dorchester section of Boston, Aaron Maund and Sheanon Williams have hoped they would become teammates on the U.S. national team. Their wish came true this week as they were both named to the team for the FIFA U20 qualifiers in Trinidad & Tobago March 6-15.

The squad reported to Florida today for training, but Maund is awaiting an eligibility ruling from FIFA, since he performed for Trinidad & Tobago in the FIFA U17 finals in South Korea two years ago. The deadline for the roster to be finalized is March 4.

U.S. coach Thomas Rongen believes it is worth the wait for Maund, who he compares to former U.S. central defender Eddie Pope.

Maund and Williams, both born in the U.S., were recruited by Trinidad & Tobago at the U17 level. Maund's father, Arnott, and Williams' father, Stephano, moved from Trinidad & Tobago to Boston as youngsters, their sons growing up with the game in the Caribbean community and also with Dorchester Youth Soccer. Maund and Williams starred for the Greater Boston Bolts team which won the U.S. Youth Soccer Association U15 national title under coach Francis Okaroh, a defender for the Chicago Fire's MLS Cup-U.S. Open Cup double winner in 1998.

Maund had been involved in U.S. national team youth camps but, after being dropped from the program, took up the T&T offer. Maund, a sprinter on the track team in high school at Roxbury Latin, performed as an outside midfielder in the U17 finals but moved to central defender at the University of Notre Dame in his freshman season.

Rongen said Tuesday Maund has a "50-50" chance of being approved by FIFA before this tournament.

"The ball is with FIFA right now," Rongen said. "It's going to happen, there is not a problem with the application, or anything, but it's a matter of when FIFA's judge makes a decision. They will decide 100 percent in our favor and, obviously, we hope it happens before qualifying. We have alternates on the team who we feel comfortable with and they could clearly be included if they are needed. We have nine pros and 11 collegiate players and they should all have a future in the pro game."

The successful recruitment of Maund and Williams represent positive developments for the U.S., which lost out on New Jersey-born Giuseppe Rossi (Italy) and Neven Subotic (Serbia).

Before the U.S. camp, Rongen said Maund could draw comparisons to Pope, and confirmed that evaluation as the team gathered Tuesday.

"He's lanky, he has good feet for a big player, he reads the game well, he's a good athlete," Rongen said. "I think it is very important we try and select players who first and foremost want to represent this country and are proud of wearing the colors, and Aaron stands for all those things. When I first talked to him, without knowing he had played for T&T, I noticed that -- he feels he is 100 percent American and wants to represent this country. Nowadays, when countries are vying over rights for players, it's more important that, first of all they can play the game, but also that they want to represent their country and they are proud to do so."

Rongen said players have until their 21st birthday to make a decision on which country to represent. Maund turns 19 in September, Williams turns 19 in March.

Williams was among the leading scorers as a striker on U.S. youth teams, but was switched to right back two years ago. The change seems to have paid off, Williams' speed allowing him to keep up with opposing wingers and also launching him into the attack on outside. Williams played his final college match for the University of North Carolina in the NCAA title game loss and hopes to move to a European club next season. Williams has worked out with several Bundesliga clubs and had a formal tryout at Wolfsburg in January.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
SPECIAL: Childhood Dreamers Team Up On U.S. U20
http://goal.com/en/news/66/united-states/2009/2/24/1126087/special-childhood-dreamers-team-up-on-us-u20

As kids, Sheanon Williams and Aaron Maund had dreams of playing together for the U.S. on the international level. That could be about to come true, but the timing with FIFA approval will be close. Goal.com special guest Frank Dell'Apa reports.

25 Feb 2009 04:50:58
By Frank Dell'Apa, Special to Goal.com

Since they were youngsters growing up in the Dorchester section of Boston, Aaron Maund and Sheanon Williams have hoped they would become teammates on the U.S. national team. Their wish came true this week as they were both named to the team for the FIFA U20 qualifiers in Trinidad & Tobago March 6-15.

The squad reported to Florida today for training, but Maund is awaiting an eligibility ruling from FIFA, since he performed for Trinidad & Tobago in the FIFA U17 finals in South Korea two years ago. The deadline for the roster to be finalized is March 4.

U.S. coach Thomas Rongen believes it is worth the wait for Maund, who he compares to former U.S. central defender Eddie Pope.

Maund and Williams, both born in the U.S., were recruited by Trinidad & Tobago at the U17 level. Maund's father, Arnott, and Williams' father, Stephano, moved from Trinidad & Tobago to Boston as youngsters, their sons growing up with the game in the Caribbean community and also with Dorchester Youth Soccer. Maund and Williams starred for the Greater Boston Bolts team which won the U.S. Youth Soccer Association U15 national title under coach Francis Okaroh, a defender for the Chicago Fire's MLS Cup-U.S. Open Cup double winner in 1998.

Maund had been involved in U.S. national team youth camps but, after being dropped from the program, took up the T&T offer. Maund, a sprinter on the track team in high school at Roxbury Latin, performed as an outside midfielder in the U17 finals but moved to central defender at the University of Notre Dame in his freshman season.

Rongen said Tuesday Maund has a "50-50" chance of being approved by FIFA before this tournament.

"The ball is with FIFA right now," Rongen said. "It's going to happen, there is not a problem with the application, or anything, but it's a matter of when FIFA's judge makes a decision. They will decide 100 percent in our favor and, obviously, we hope it happens before qualifying. We have alternates on the team who we feel comfortable with and they could clearly be included if they are needed. We have nine pros and 11 collegiate players and they should all have a future in the pro game."

The successful recruitment of Maund and Williams represent positive developments for the U.S., which lost out on New Jersey-born Giuseppe Rossi (Italy) and Neven Subotic (Serbia).

Before the U.S. camp, Rongen said Maund could draw comparisons to Pope, and confirmed that evaluation as the team gathered Tuesday.

"He's lanky, he has good feet for a big player, he reads the game well, he's a good athlete," Rongen said. "I think it is very important we try and select players who first and foremost want to represent this country and are proud of wearing the colors, and Aaron stands for all those things. When I first talked to him, without knowing he had played for T&T, I noticed that -- he feels he is 100 percent American and wants to represent this country. Nowadays, when countries are vying over rights for players, it's more important that, first of all they can play the game, but also that they want to represent their country and they are proud to do so."
Rongen said players have until their 21st birthday to make a decision on which country to represent. Maund turns 19 in September, Williams turns 19 in March.

Williams was among the leading scorers as a striker on U.S. youth teams, but was switched to right back two years ago. The change seems to have paid off, Williams' speed allowing him to keep up with opposing wingers and also launching him into the attack on outside. Williams played his final college match for the University of North Carolina in the NCAA title game loss and hopes to move to a European club next season. Williams has worked out with several Bundesliga clubs and had a formal tryout at Wolfsburg in January.

This fella definitely playing where he should, he probably figured playing for TT was like playing for a back a the woods club.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »
I agree with him to some degree.  I agree that it would be difficult to go back and forth especially with Aaron's committment to Notre Dame.  However, he did it before and if he really wanted to do it he could do it again.  Isiah Ferguson didn't make the team and he and his father was fully committed to the same process as Aaron Maund.

I not against the youth man for playing for the US but all the father just doing they is giving we excuses.  Imagine the father have to "sell" the T&T program to his son...so basically the question I ask is how did T&T know about Aaron in the first place?  Who initiated the initial contact going back to the U17s?  Now I know the TTFF eh the most organized but come on sir, we eh dotish.  Just say he preferred to play for the US and move on...no need to defend your tactics.

Well said, I not vex with Aaron because at the end of the day he have to look out for his best interest and he believes playing for the US is best for him.  We Trinis need to stop begging for players of Trini heritage to play for us and develop our won.

It have plenty people (foreign based) on this forum who delusional in their thinking that their children will automatically choose trini to represent because parents born and grow up there.  Teaching your foreign born children about our culture is not enough for them to have a link to our country.  Visiting trini for a week every year or other year will not create that link.

Just commenting on the highlighted part, research by Mary Waters of the Caribbean-American population in the tri-state area suggests that creating that link is highly likely, these individuals identify themselves as one of the 3 obvious categories: Caribbean, Caribbean-American, or American, if I recall correctly, the 1st group is about 20% of the sample size, FYI
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »
Mr. Maund I respect your son's decision,because at the end of the day it was just that , YOUR SONS DECISION, not yours. Yes, you had some input in terms of showing your son the benefits of representing the country of YOUR birth.Even though most of these reasons may have been emotional rather than logical but I applaud your effort.At the end of the day the young man has more of a sense of belonging to the United States than to Trinidad.

And if these ppl on this forum can't see that they are either closed minded or "HATERS".There is no need to belittle this young man .I my opinion they all just jealous.Jealous of the opportunities you have worked hard to provide for your family so that now your son can have such a choice. I just want to congratulate you on a job well done!

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

It have plenty people (foreign based) on this forum who delusional in their thinking that their children will automatically choose trini to represent because parents born and grow up there.  Teaching your foreign born children about our culture is not enough for them to have a link to our country.  Visiting trini for a week every year or other year will not create that link.

Just commenting on the highlighted part, research by Mary Waters of the Caribbean-American population in the tri-state area suggests that creating that link is highly likely, these individuals identify themselves as one of the 3 obvious categories: Caribbean, Caribbean-American, or American, if I recall correctly, the 1st group is about 20% of the sample size, FYI

Tri State area?? The junior Maund grew up in Boston.What is your point?

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
Mr. Maund I respect your son's decision,because at the end of the day it was just that , YOUR SONS DECISION, not yours. Yes, you had some input in terms of showing your son the benefits of representing the country of YOUR birth.Even though most of these reasons may have been emotional rather than logical but I applaud your effort.At the end of the day the young man has more of a sense of belonging to the United States than to Trinidad.

And if these ppl on this forum can't see that they are either closed minded or "HATERS".There is no need to belittle this young man .I my opinion they all just jealous.Jealous of the opportunities you have worked hard to provide for your family so that now your son can have such a choice. I just want to congratulate you on a job well done!

Lick his  a## brother , all over going brown.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »

The pt. addresses the issue of folks born to Trinbagonian/Caribbean parentage not considering themselves Trinbagonia/Caribbean, from a study conducted on the largest demographic outside of the region, there are many who do if not wholly/partially
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »

wha de fawk? JEALOUS?? you for real? LOL

How nobody ent lambasting Sheanon Williams?

People vex because of the perception that Maund use we for his own purposes and then abandon ship when he get a better offer... I think we as fans have a right to be vex...
But the Maund family have their right as well to see bout THEIR business... do allyuh ting but don't act all hurt and bring excuse because people vex...

If I was they I woulda boo him whole game... because I is ah fan and he is now the enemy... ah turncoat enemy to boot!

This kid acting like ah mercenary and if it was me I woulda teach him what loyalty mean...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »

wha de fawk? JEALOUS?? you for real? LOL

How nobody ent lambasting Sheanon Williams?

People vex because of the perception that Maund use we for his own purposes and then abandon ship when he get a better offer... I think we as fans have a right to be vex...
But the Maund family have their right as well to see bout THEIR business... do allyuh ting but don't act all hurt and bring excuse because people vex...

If I was they I woulda boo him whole game... because I is ah fan and he is now the enemy... ah turncoat enemy to boot!

This kid acting like ah mercenary and if it was me I woulda teach him what loyalty mean...

:salute: yuh talk like a soldier there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 09:32:27 AM »

The pt. addresses the issue of folks born to Trinbagonian/Caribbean parentage not considering themselves Trinbagonia/Caribbean, from a study conducted on the largest demographic outside of the region, there are many who do if not wholly/partially

>:(
I musbe extra sour this week... but if that man cyah see what you were commenting on and how its is relevant, you wasting yuh time responding... and i wasting plenty more time pointing that out!!

Serenity now!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »

So why no one saying anything bad about Sheanon Williams. We not Jealous of him too ?

Man you talking through your ass.

No body eh vex because Aaron playing for USA, but I vex because he used T&T in the process. Without T&T Aaron would have still been in the US pro 40 program which he was cut from before he played for T&T.

If your heart not here, dont come, simple as that.

And again, I dont hate de youth and I wish him all the best, but there is a better way to do things.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
I say again Maund grew up in BOSTON not in the TRI-STATE. Hence he would have been LESS impacted by his FATHERS Trinidadian Heritage.So if he considers himself American, we can't call him a sellout! As for your point Sir, it is null and void.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
I say again Maund grew up in BOSTON not in the TRI-STATE. Hence he would have been LESS impacted by his FATHERS Trinidadian Heritage.So if he considers himself American, we can't call him a sellout! As for your point Sir, it is null and void.

He is NOT a sellout, he is a traitor... he jump USA ship after they made him walk the plank and now he jump T&T ship back onto USA's, where next will he jump.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2009, 09:36:56 AM »

You have lost me? I hope you are just doing an Arrow style post..... So you are saying some of us are wrong for not being understanding about an individual that asked to play for us then dumped us when they believed a better option had come along. And you want to congratulate the youth for doing this  ??? .....and you are a Trini?

I am not angry that the fella wants to play for America just disappointed he used us to get where he wanted to go. I fully understand why people are angry about this. It is certainly not about jealousy, its about love for your country and national pride.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »

So why no one saying anything bad about Sheanon Williams. We not Jealous of him too ?

Man you talking through your ass.

No body eh vex because Aaron playing for USA, but I vex because he used T&T in the process. Without T&T Aaron would have still been in the US pro 40 program which he was cut from before he played for T&T.

If your heart not here, dont come, simple as that.

And again, I dont hate de youth and I wish him all the best, but there is a better way to do things.

Sam
I feel you letting your emotions get the better of you here. I love Trinidad& Tobago  just as much as you do. But where we differ is that I am able to take a step back and look at this situation for the young man's point of view.

Yes, he utilized T&T football, but T&T football use him too. What input did T&T football have in molding this youth while he was a fledging player? But yet we "used" him at the U17 World Cup to our benefit. At the end of the day we all have to do what is in our best interest.It is just what makes sense.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »
Augi I disagree with your view that T&T football also used Maund.
Of course both parties benefit when a player plays for his country, but T&T did not dump him, he dumped T&T.

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2009, 09:52:37 AM »

Missing High School classes is different from missing college classes though. So I dont think because he did it before is a reason for him to do it now.

1]; } ?>