March 28, 2024, 04:15:14 AM

Author Topic: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA  (Read 41648 times)

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
I agree with him to some degree.  I agree that it would be difficult to go back and forth especially with Aaron's committment to Notre Dame.  However, he did it before and if he really wanted to do it he could do it again.  Isiah Ferguson didn't make the team and he and his father was fully committed to the same process as Aaron Maund.

I not against the youth man for playing for the US but all the father just doing they is giving we excuses.  Imagine the father have to "sell" the T&T program to his son...so basically the question I ask is how did T&T know about Aaron in the first place?  Who initiated the initial contact going back to the U17s?  Now I know the TTFF eh the most organized but come on sir, we eh dotish.  Just say he preferred to play for the US and move on...no need to defend your tactics.

All the best to Aaron and to T&T....

Well said, I not vex with Aaron because at the end of the day he have to look out for his best interest and he believes playing for the US is best for him.  We Trinis need to stop begging for players of Trini heritage to play for us and develop our won.

It have plenty people (foreign based) on this forum who delusional in their thinking that their children will automatically choose trini to represent because parents born and grow up there.  Teaching your foreign born children about our culture is not enough for them to have a link to our country.  Visiting trini for a week every year or other year will not create that link.

Just commenting on the highlighted part, research by Mary Waters of the Caribbean-American population in the tri-state area suggests that creating that link is highly likely, these individuals identify themselves as one of the 3 obvious categories: Caribbean, Caribbean-American, or American, if I recall correctly, the 1st group is about 20% of the sample size, FYI

going to school in Toronto..the majority of "Carribbean kids" I bounce up...they find out I from Trini..."I Trini too"..."I  J.A"...even putting on the accent for uh... and they never touch the land yet..lol

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
Augi I disagree with your view that T&T football also used Maund.
Of course both parties benefit when a player plays for his country, but T&T did not dump him, he dumped T&T.

I don't know how my country could ever "use" me to play in ah WORLD CUP... if so, dey could "use" me everyday and twice on sundays...

We shoulda "use" him to qualify and then drop he ass... thais what. Like how he "use" we as a stepping stone..  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2009, 09:55:54 AM »
Would everyone still be mad if Maund woulda just say something before he joined the US team? you know, assure ya'll that he might be coming back to TT for football when he done with college?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »
Mr. Maund I respect your son's decision,because at the end of the day it was just that , YOUR SONS DECISION, not yours. Yes, you had some input in terms of showing your son the benefits of representing the country of YOUR birth.Even though most of these reasons may have been emotional rather than logical but I applaud your effort.At the end of the day the young man has more of a sense of belonging to the United States than to Trinidad.

And if these ppl on this forum can't see that they are either closed minded or "HATERS".There is no need to belittle this young man .I my opinion they all just jealous.Jealous of the opportunities you have worked hard to provide for your family so that now your son can have such a choice. I just want to congratulate you on a job well done!

So why no one saying anything bad about Sheanon Williams. We not Jealous of him too ?

Man you talking through your ass.

No body eh vex because Aaron playing for USA, but I vex because he used T&T in the process. Without T&T Aaron would have still been in the US pro 40 program which he was cut from before he played for T&T.

If your heart not here, dont come, simple as that.

And again, I dont hate de youth and I wish him all the best, but there is a better way to do things.

Sam
I feel you letting your emotions get the better of you here. I love Trinidad& Tobago  just as much as you do. But where we differ is that I am able to take a step back and look at this situation for the young man's point of view.

Yes, he utilized T&T football, but T&T football use him too. What input did T&T football have in molding this youth while he was a fledging player? But yet we "used" him at the U17 World Cup to our benefit. At the end of the day we all have to do what is in our best interest.It is just what makes sense.

So let me get this straight, USE a next man to get where you going because you what de best for YOURSELF...

That sounding selfish.

What about de youth who lost his place to Aaron ? ent we have to turn to him now.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Answer one thing. Whould Aaron be on the current USA team if he had never played for T&T. Heck, he couldn't even make the US top 40 youths.

Why did Aaron made this remark then...

READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maund still opts for T&T over the USA.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

United States-born National Under 17 player Aaron Maund says he would choose Trinidad and Tobago over the country of birth if he had to make that selection any time in the future.

And why? Not only because he’s now represented T&T at a FIFA Under 17 World Championship but because he prefers the feeling he experiences when wearing the red, white and black. In other words, he prefers the vibes of the “Soca Warriors”.

Maund, a 16-year old was in the final pool in the US team before being cut prior to the team’s final qualifying campaign in April. His father being Trinidadian allowed him to play for T&T while another player- Sheannon Williams, who was once attached to Joe Public FC went on to play for the US as a defender at the World Championship. Both Maund and Williams grew up playing in Dorchester. Both players were also part of the Greater Boston Bolts club which won a US National Under 16 title a couple years back.

“The results of the U17 World Cup could go far in determining the futures of its participants. Most of the starting players in this event are either with professional clubs or destined for them soon. The emergence of Maund and Williams also symbolizes the progress of local players, dozens of whom have forged professional careers from Major League Soccer to Eastern Europe,” the Boston Globe newspaper stated.

Maund meantime took everything he could with him from the Korea experience. He started all three matches against Ghana, Colombia and Germany and managed two of T&T’s better chances on goal against the Germans.

“It’s been a really good experience. Coming from the US meant I didn’t know a lot of the guys here at first. But the team welcomed me into the family and that helped the transition. My level of play has grown over the experience and that’s been the benefit of it,” Maund told TTFF Media. He added that he didn’t see any major differences between the T&T and US camps.

“When I first came here I felt the only difference was the accent. It’s a lot of the same… the same stuff in training, the guys are very similar. Some of the off the field things may be different but it’s really isn’t that big of a difference. I think everyone wants to succeed and work hard at trying to achieve that. We need to do more though.”

So which country would he choose tomorrow if the option to represent either country came up again.

“It’s easy! I would be with the Trinidad and Tobago team because I enjoy playing with this team… the coaching staff and all… it’s more of a family unit as opposed to the US where it’s like each player for himself which is the feeling I got. The (T&T team) staff cares about you and the players as well and that’s the kind of unit I want to be in. I want to go on trials possibly outside but next year is the Under 20s and I’ll be back for that definitely. I’m working towards playing for the Trinidad and Tobago Senior team in the future,” Maund concluded.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »
Check your move.

nice article there Sam
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »

READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States-born National Under 17 player Aaron Maund says he would choose Trinidad and Tobago over the country of birth if he had to make that selection any time in the future.

And why? Not only because he’s now represented T&T at a FIFA Under 17 World Championship but because he prefers the feeling he experiences when wearing the red, white and black. In other words, he prefers the vibes of the “Soca Warriors”.

Maund, a 16-year old was in the final pool in the US team before being cut prior to the team’s final qualifying campaign in April. His father being Trinidadian allowed him to play for T&T while another player- Sheannon Williams, who was once attached to Joe Public FC went on to play for the US as a defender at the World Championship. Both Maund and Williams grew up playing in Dorchester. Both players were also part of the Greater Boston Bolts club which won a US National Under 16 title a couple years back.

“The results of the U17 World Cup could go far in determining the futures of its participants. Most of the starting players in this event are either with professional clubs or destined for them soon. The emergence of Maund and Williams also symbolizes the progress of local players, dozens of whom have forged professional careers from Major League Soccer to Eastern Europe,” the Boston Globe newspaper stated.

Maund meantime took everything he could with him from the Korea experience. He started all three matches against Ghana, Colombia and Germany and managed two of T&T’s better chances on goal against the Germans.

“It’s been a really good experience. Coming from the US meant I didn’t know a lot of the guys here at first. But the team welcomed me into the family and that helped the transition. My level of play has grown over the experience and that’s been the benefit of it,” Maund told TTFF Media. He added that he didn’t see any major differences between the T&T and US camps.

“When I first came here I felt the only difference was the accent. It’s a lot of the same… the same stuff in training, the guys are very similar. Some of the off the field things may be different but it’s really isn’t that big of a difference. I think everyone wants to succeed and work hard at trying to achieve that. We need to do more though.”

So which country would he choose tomorrow if the option to represent either country came up again.

“It’s easy! I would be with the Trinidad and Tobago team because I enjoy playing with this team… the coaching staff and all… it’s more of a family unit as opposed to the US where it’s like each player for himself which is the feeling I got. The (T&T team) staff cares about you and the players as well and that’s the kind of unit I want to be in. I want to go on trials possibly outside but next year is the Under 20s and I’ll be back for that definitely. I’m working towards playing for the Trinidad and Tobago Senior team in the future,” Maund concluded.

Sam, the silver surfer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work.

This article tell's us that Aaron bullshitted us from the begining.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »
Football is passion and emotion and for the very few who are blessed enough to earn their livelyhood through this great sport it is also a job, a career.

My question to you is "wouldn't you consider and capitalize on every legitimate opportunity to further your CAREER thereby bettering yours and your family's future?" Off course you would.This is what the junior Maund did, plain and simple.

I am not saying you all shouldn't feel strong emotions about him choosing to play for the country of his birth, or that you shouldn't voice your opinion on his perceived slight of T&T football.But while doing all of this take some time out to see it from his perspective keeping in mind that he is , when u really think about it essentially AMERICAN (Therefore SAM by the very definition he can't be a TRAITOR to Trinidad).

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
Mr. Maund I respect your son's decision,because at the end of the day it was just that , YOUR SONS DECISION, not yours. Yes, you had some input in terms of showing your son the benefits of representing the country of YOUR birth.Even though most of these reasons may have been emotional rather than logical but I applaud your effort.At the end of the day the young man has more of a sense of belonging to the United States than to Trinidad.

And if these ppl on this forum can't see that they are either closed minded or "HATERS".There is no need to belittle this young man .I my opinion they all just jealous.Jealous of the opportunities you have worked hard to provide for your family so that now your son can have such a choice. I just want to congratulate you on a job well done!

Lick his  a## brother , all over going brown.
  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »

READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work.

SAM what you trying to tell me is that a 16yr old (the age he was at the time of the article) has more sense of social decorum that you??
 What did you expect him to say??? "I just using alyuh to get a sweat in the U-17 World Cup. As soon as I get a chance at a better opportunity I'm out of here?"

Come on man,stop trying to make people feel that you that naive, SAM.If you were truley that naive you would have believe that Beenhacker would have been the head coach of TnT for the rest of his life....Just my two cents
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:34:20 AM by Augi »

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »
Football is passion and emotion and for the very few who are blessed enough to earn their livelyhood through this great sport it is also a job, a career.

My question to you is "wouldn't you consider and capitalize on every legitimate opportunity to further your CAREER thereby bettering yours and your family's future?" Off course you would.This is what the junior Maund did, plain and simple.

I am not saying you all shouldn't feel strong emotions about him choosing to play for the country of his birth, or that you shouldn't voice your opinion on his perceived slight of T&T football.But while doing all of this take some time out to see it from his perspective keeping in mind that he is , when u really think about it essentially AMERICAN (Therefore SAM by the very definition he can't be a TRAITOR to Trinidad).

why the hell he played for the u-17 then,i guess he could not make his country of birth team,F@*K HE & HE DADDY

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »

Good work.

Or the TTFF bullshitted after the fact.

Incredible given the mountain of evidence on this forum that men would still give the TTFF the benefit of any doubt in situations like this.  TTFF does half-ass and screw around man who 100% committed to representing them, let alone some man who on de fence.  People letting dey emotions get the better ah dem (FF I surprise you in dem thing)... this isn't a question of 'loyalty' or 'patriotism'... on the surface these fellas representing TnT, but in reality we all shouldn't lose sight o the fact that it's really the TTFF they're representing.  

In other words, when you're interacting with the actual individuals running football in TnT, you lose sight of the national colors dancing in yuh head and "national pride" takes a backseat to the harsh reality that you're dealing with a bunch of incompetent, conniving, selfish, backstabbing vampires.  Even if one genuinely wanted to represent TnT is not everybody will put up with Scamps and dem and they bullshit... not when other options present an 'easier' path.  Man calling Maund mercenary... but who more mercenary (look at the past 40 yrs worth of evidence) than the TTFA/F.

Allyuh can't be real.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »

Good work.

Incredible given the mountain of evidence on this forum that men would still give the TTFF the benefit of any doubt in situations like this.  TTFF does half-ass and screw around man who 100% committed to representing them, let alone some man who on de fence.  People letting dey emotions get the better ah dem (FF I surprise you in dem thing)... this isn't a question of 'loyalty' or 'patriotism'... on the surface these fellas representing TnT, but in reality we all shouldn't lose sight o the fact that it's really the TTFF they're representing.  

In other words, when you're interacting with the actual individuals running football in TnT, you lose sight of the national colors dancing in yuh head and "national pride" takes a backseat to the harsh reality that you're dealing with a bunch of incompetent, conniving, selfish, backstabbing vampires.  Even if one genuinely wanted to represent TnT is not everybody will put up with Scamps and dem and they bullshit... not when other options present an 'easier' path.  Man calling Maund mercenary... but who more mercenary (look at the past 40 yrs worth of evidence) than the TTFA/F.

Allyuh can't be real.

Well said Bake n Shark...better than I could have said it!

truetrini

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:05 AM »

Good work.

Allyuh can't be real.

No body here dislikes the TTFF more than me!  I make that staement boldly and without reservation!

But the boy's father is full of shit.  I have no problem with him choosing the USA, none that is his right and when he and his father evaluated the situation they decided that the USA was a more professional outfit and that his son ahd a better chance at the MLS, pro ball and playing in another world cup by repping the USA over T&T.  

All he ahd to do was say so.  He lie when he say he eh get no calls, he is disingenuous when he says its about education and money...his money anyway.

The truth is he got the calls, he stated that he was committed to T&T when in truth he was always hoping for a US call up, good for him he got it, he is an American and wants to play for them.

No need for his father to come here and lie..none, he got the f**king calls!  The coach and manager called him, they are NOT the TTFF, they want the best team and the young man has some talent.  I have someone close to me in the TTFF and they were present when several attempts were made to the player and his rep.

They got no response, prior to that they were in communication about the camp and the up coming tournament.

USA came a calling and they cast their lot with them..no big deal as far as I am concerned.

What is a big f**king deal is to come and besmirch the coach and management with his f**king lies.

Play yuh game, play for who yuh ant, do yuh do...doh try to f**k we up doh.  Dais all.  

And Bakes yuh talking pure shit, them players repping themselves first and foremost...contracts does come after good performances as do scholarships.

Yuh feel Maund daddy eh thinking about dat?  

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »
Nah BnS nobody ent saying no...

Me ent giving TTFF no leeway at all... but I love meh country and I go put up with they crap

and I doh give dem wrong with what dey do... but dont come and make excuse cuz ppl vex!

I is ah fan and I going and boo them... cuz dey is de enemy and a turncoat enemy... nothing personal
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
I should also add calls to hurt the young man are just plain stupid.  from his father's tone it seems de youth wanted to play for we...read the father's letter again....!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2009, 10:59:19 AM »
I say again Maund grew up in BOSTON not in the TRI-STATE. Hence he would have been LESS impacted by his FATHERS Trinidadian Heritage.So if he considers himself American, we can't call him a sellout! As for your point Sir, it is null and void.

Correct, my comment was NEVER about Junior Maund, re-read again, it was only addressing RM's comment re-1st generation Trinbagonians (born outside of TT) as a whole not considering themselves as such

PS: FF, ah wastin more time  :rotfl:  Anyway, yuh miss a good sweat last nite, will fill yuh in later
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:10:04 AM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2009, 11:08:47 AM »
All I have to say is doh worry alyuh self, the pedigree ain't gone. It have nuff youth's from our blood line on the rise to play the sport.  

That is a hard choice to make knowing that if your child was raised in another county, to have them go represent your place of birth because of Patriotism.  Some of us will be upset because we are true fans of the game and or patriotic to our Nation; like someone said earlier it can be a difficult choice for the family.

If that was my son, he was in no way representing the US! With that said, The father must be ah half breed Trinidadian mix with Jamaican, trying to spite we.  :-X    
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2009, 11:15:02 AM »
everybody know sey I doh care if a man pick USA over TNT because TNT realy doh care of there players but this yute use we and den jump di fence . he and he fadda could haul dey ,  allyuh know what!!!!!!!!!!! .
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
It have nothing to do with the TTFF, you have to support your country dont matter what. We all here know how cunning the TTFF might be, but we still support T&T with all our hearts at the end of the day.

De bottom line, he USED us and that is why everyone here vex.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
I think de Forum Family being unnecessarily harsh on the decision made by the Maunds.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
I
We have learnt our lesson here. Pick our own players and stop looking to foreign born as they are NOT committed (98%) of them. We should have learnt from the Ian Cox and Bobby Zamora episodes.

Ian Cox???

Ah was just about to post the same thing. When Ian Cox diss T&T?

He must be talking about Jlloyd Samuel.  ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »
I understand how man could be vex and even percieve what the father saying as bull shit eh but,

Does anyone know the father personally to understand how intelligent or unintelligent he may be.  Does anyone know if he have the mental capacity to do the due dilligence necessary that will avoid conflicts with school and scolarship commitments?  How about the youth man himself, anybody know him?  Does anyone have credible evidence that TTFF (of all organizations) truly reached out to this former young warrior?  I know I am in the minority (as it pertains to this issue here) but I eh giving TTFF no benefit of doubt on anything that not documented, sorry!  If the yute didn't seize this opportunity is there a guarantee he would have made the cut for this current team?  People need to remember this fella wanted to play for the US from the beginning.  Yeah he was cut and came and played for the Warriors but now that the US come back looking for him, he fulfilling his dream.  Despite having played for us before Aaron is an american born citizen.  I feel like people lettin their emotions overule logic.  The kid is where he wanted to be.  If yuh go ah game and he playing opposite our team and yuh feel like booing do it cause he is the enemy on the field, but some of the thoughts being expressed here are beyond infantile.  Most of allyuh (in my opinion) probably couldn't care less if this kid had played here allyuh jus want to cuss because he fadda take allyuh fuh ass (as allyuh see it).

Suppose (despite any BS with TTFF) this yute man still had some outside thoughts of playing for TnT as he still has time to make that decision, does anyone here think the level of negativity expressed here wouldn't affect that?  Seriously, if Stern could cuss people because of the assness in here, we dont't think at this age and stage it might have even a bigger impact on this yute?  If I is he father I showin him one ah dem Stern threads on here an sayin yuh see how nasty an stink dey could be when yuh eh in deh good books.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:40:27 AM by Optimus Prime »

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
everybody know sey I doh care if a man pick USA over TNT because TNT realy doh care of there players but this yute use we and den jump di fence . he and he fadda could haul dey ,  allyuh know what!!!!!!!!!!! .
war
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »
Who vex loss.  In reading all of the posts, I asked myself the question if men really understand what it means to represent a Country (to sing and listen to that National Anthem)??  Too many men thinking of this as representing a school, a Club or State team?

If a man choose to represent his country of birth or his parents country that is their choice an we all will respect it (and down inside support de player of Trini parentage playing for a foreign country knowing he has some Trini in him).  I personally cannot respect the decision when it is reversed and the decision is made to represent a country for personal reasons.  It have a man being replaced who may not be as talented but definitely as commited to the National team.  Daddy Maund making a mockery of his son representing T&T when it suits him.  BS

Is we National Team we talking about!!!!!  Although I would be the first to encourage my son to play for T&T (not that he would make any team), I realize that it would be more for my personal feelings towards my home land than any attachment he may have to T&T.

Blessings
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:58:52 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
The only way that Aaron can continue with school and play football at this level is to play for the US Under-20 Men’s National Team. We exhausted all other possibilities ; a waiver from the NCAA (to preserve his eligibility to play for his University);  time off from school  (to play for Trinidad would mean a whole year living here , remember he is an American kid ).

Me eh familiar wit de intricacies of US college ball, but wouldn't Sean De Silva and Stephen Knox (granted he injured) have de same issues? As a matter of fact,  our U-20 teams usually have a couple of players who are based in US colleges at de time.

That's the thing I did not agree with. He said it is not in the best interest of the college to let Maund go for periods of time to train and play for the National team. It is a plus for college program to highlight that they have players representing different countries on the International stage. It add to the level of talent at the school and encourages some of the better players to want to attend the college. It is a plus and in the interest of the program to allow him to play for the national team (which ever one).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
i really not seeing why ppls hating on this youth.
he get a call and make teh U17 side...make a name for himself ya could say and that must have helped him with getting a nice schol. to Notre Dame too( he have caps so that would always help!)
While up there the U.S. come knocking -  who are definitely more organised and ya wont have to travel all the time(most probably paying ya own way--i doubt TTFF woulda do that one--not that they entitled to i think)

and after all this he have until 20 or 21 to decide where his allegiance lies anyway. So y hate??
Even if he go the US route in the end, all ya REALLY gonna blame him??
if US coaches real like him and want him in the senior team how all ya go be vex with him??
cuss out the TTFF for being so disorganised and unprofessional!!!

i of course would like him to come play for TT (if he is as good as it sounding of course!!....IS HE????)
but if not, he gonna experience better coaching and a nice setup anyway. and we know the US program (as much as we hate them) is on point so...

stop d hating ppls. Analyze d whole situation, not just that he should sweat for us

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »
So wha's the consensus ? We booing whenever he touch the ball or we not in that cause we want a FIFA fair play award?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »
Wait til he turn 21 and then we will see his value to the USA. What's the fella name who play 6 minutes for the US and has never seen the team since?

I think what people upset about is that it looked like it was ah under the table deal. They use T&T to get the attention of the USSF and then jumped at the opportunity to play with the USA. I mean this is understandable but issue a statement nah and let we know what going on.

In a couple years I will be in this situation and I don't know what will happen. However, I know I will handle the situation differently.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »
So wha's the consensus ? We booing whenever he touch the ball or we not in that cause we want a FIFA fair play award?
boo him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:32 PM »
Dear TT Under 20 team.

Please do the needful and cut USA arse this afternoon.

Thanks in advance,

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>