June 15, 2024, 09:43:44 PM

Author Topic: Maund & Williams take ussoccer on a trip of Trinidad before their game tonight.  (Read 6605 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The U-20's Aaron Maund and Sheanon Williams take ussoccer.com on a trip of Trinidad before their game tonight ...

( MORE )

Family Ties

Let's face it - Trinidad & Tobago are far away from home. But, much to the players' delight, a handful of families were able to make the journey. Kyle Davies father and grandfather are here and Jared Jeffrey's parents arrive tonight. Aaron Maund's dad came down from Florida, and he will have a great turnout if the team makes it the semifinals in Trinidad (where he has a lot of extended family). Right now the guy with the biggest cheering section is Sheanon Williams - his mom, dad, brother and sister are all here and he is also expecting a good pro-Williams crowd if the team to Trinidad (where his parents are from)

Having parents around definitely helps make it feel like home for everyone.

USSOCCER.COM
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:19:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2 trini on dat side? thought it was just maund. amazing how much trini playing for US national teams now given we small population.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
They not Trini's jed. Plain and simple.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :rotfl: all ah we is 1 famaleeeeeee

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maund " I think all of T&T are going to be there haha..Just because its USA..its a big deal for them"

I hope we f**king crush those yanks tonight... i hope the crowd is up for it tonight like if we playing jamaica...

prepare for War

edit... the u20 team are now viewing this...a lil fuel for the fire
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:31:45 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TAKE THEM TO YHE BEATHAM OR SOMEWAY IN LAVENTILL

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
same thing I was preping to sey dread..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
lol.. Ya'll wilin. I just hope the tour is well, cause the game won't. Whole setta lix dem gettin.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maund " I think all of T&T are going to be there haha..Just because its USA..its a big deal for them"

I hope we f**king crush those yanks tonight... i hope the crowd is up for it tonight like if we playing jamaica...

prepare for War

edit... the u20 team are now viewing this...a lil fuel for the fire

wey I do breds .. why yu preparing for me  suh ?  nah man but for real  Go TNT .
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maud ain't sweating.  He sweat any other game?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well he fadder say we in de "gutter"
good fuh we
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Brainwashed traitors.  Them and the family could hul dey motha so and so

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh fellas real wicked... them seem like cool fellas from de video man...

just dey getting bad advice  ;D

I would still boo dey c#nt.... de next one just cuz is he pardner  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
setta traitors, show no mercy yes >:(

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
treason shall be punished  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yU94rr1p6OI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yU94rr1p6OI</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
good fuh we

That line real piss me off.  :challenge:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
good fuh we

That line real piss me off.  :challenge:

great way to introduce yourself eh? telling people they is a gutter rat stueps, should of just right the message first, than calling people name
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Watch Maund get drop when de US pick deh final team for Egypt  :devil:
Then he and his ghetto fadder could kiss we ASS.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Wow! I can't believe this kidd has T&T roots. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. I could see why his farther is soooooooooo ignorant. Bun yuh passport jed. You an' yuh fadda doh call alyuhself Trini in ANYWAY. Trini's rel patient, oui. There is soooo much I want to say but. . .

T&T!! T&T!!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
allyuh losin sight of de bigger picture...what is it dat the US doing to get these players that the TTFF not doin...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
them so neva had nutten in trini,gone america,get ah green card and now want to piss on people.they must be still livin in somebody basement.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SPEECHLESS  !!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
them so neva had nutten in trini,gone america,get ah green card and now want to piss on people.they must be still livin in somebody basement.

:D Allyuh not nice..

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
allyuh losin sight of de bigger picture...what is it dat the US doing to get these players that the TTFF not doin...

Mep you is the only one on this post that making sense.. the rest ah them men wah cry and bickering like girls steups..Leh we discuss wah we could do to keep we players from switching on we nah..jah man

truetrini

Mep you is the only one on this post that making sense.. the rest ah them men wah cry and bickering like girls steups..Leh we discuss wah we could do to keep we players from switching on we nah..jah man

switch do yuh do , but doh feed we c**tish lies about school and spending ah year in T&T etc. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fall and Rise of Sheanon Williams
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »
Fall and Rise of Sheanon Williams
2010-11-09 00:17:31
By: Andrew Rogers
www.soccer365.com

Sheanon Williams has lived the high and lows of a professional footballer with stints in the Europe and the U.S. and is now settling with the Philadelphia Union and working to secure a starting spot and improve each day. Soccer 365’s Andrew Rogers looks at Williams odyssey and the toll it has taken on the player and his parents.

By: Andrew Rogers

Nine months ago Sheanon Williams felt his life had professionally hit rock bottom. With a fiancée, a baby on the way, and without medical insurance Williams had just been told he was not good enough for a development contract with Real Salt Lake.

Six months later you would have got longs odds on the Philadelphia Union right back training alongside global luminaries Thierry Henry and Rafael Marquez, but that is what happened and is more remarkable for the fact that without the intervention of former U.S U-17 coach John Hackworth, he would have been released by USL 2’s Harrisburg Islanders.

Philadelphia Union Jersey

2009 was Williams’ annus horribilis, having led North Carolina to the NCAA final. The unfortunate decision to turn down a generous offer from Major League Soccer, and go on a Euro trial crap shoot, would have debilitating consequences and have broken a lesser man.

But fortunately for Sheanon his parents were able to literally resuscitate his footballing ambitions, and importantly recognised not only would Sheanon’s journey involve more heartache, but a realisation of a regret that they hadn’t been guided through the potential pitfalls for their son, when transitioning him from youth international to professional soccer.

Sheanon now feels the experience was actually a positive experience, in that it has helped focus his football ambitions, but his mother Lisa Williams explained that at times matters got pretty desperate. “Sometimes I simply couldn’t’ sleep. Sheanon was an excellent prospect, and the knowledgeable soccer fraternity, were adamant he could make a life as a professional.

“So to go from NCAA finalist and two time World Cup player, to nothing and I mean nothing was frankly bewildering.” As any mother would Mrs. Williams consoled and encourage her saddened son, but it was his father Stephano Williams who took matters into his own hands.

“Everytime I spoke to my son he was not happy, it breaks your heart. I was able to get advice from someone who had long taken an interest in Sheanon, and understood him and also how his game was going to progress. His career and his progressions have now been mapped out for him, and they are realistic goals.

“I made an initial representation agreement but somehow I needed to have known more about moving into the professional ranks. After Germany and Holland, Sheanon had a winter trial in France, it was a shot at first team football, with Le Harve, but he wasn’t fit, but he finally knew where he stood, and got the right answers to progress.

While Sheanon’s parents could see his future, Sheanon’s confidence had been destroyed at a series of trials where it didn’t work out. If he had understood how obtuse the chances were, he is likely to have been less demoralised, but the effect was U.S soccer was underwhelmed after the initial rebuff in 2009.

Sheanon struck out at Real Salt Lake, Miami and was a phone call away from getting the chop in Pennsylvania with USL 2 club Harrisburg Islanders. Williams had become a worrying mix of insecurity, and indecisiveness. John Hackworth stepped in at the last moment and suggested to Bill Becher the youngster should play up front, a position he played at high school.
Advertisement
Show your passion for your favorite Major League Soccer Team. The World Soccer Shop has the best online selection of MLS soccer jerseys and other officially licensed MLS soccer gear.

The idea worked and Williams went on to score on debut, and make his mark against New York Red Bulls in the U.S Open Cup. His performance against the Eastern Conference Champions, led to a two week camp in New York, which Williams found inspiring.

“I couldn’t believe I was playing with my heroes, players I had dreamed about growing up, it was an honor and I am grateful for the opportunity Mr. Backe extended to me. It was during this time that Tampa became a major consideration with the possibility of Philadelphia Union.

“Tampa was going to be an excellent progression, they are a proper outfit, ambitious and working for Paul Dalglish was all I needed to know. There was a delay with New York and agreeing terms with Tampa. At this point Mr. Hackworth called and said Mr. Novak wanted me to come to Philadelphia.

“My only thought was to keep playing and get more experience. It was a gamble to go to either in terms of fighting for a first team place, but it’s so far worked out for me at The Union, words will not express how happy this has made me.”

Williams is still coming to terms with realising his dream of becoming a professional. “The players, stadia and facilities are first class. It doesn’t get much better being a 20 year old playing in front of 20,000 fans, and against the likes of David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Rafael Marquez and Landon Donovan. I love being part of American soccer and MLS. I’m proud to have had a productive USL and college career, and to have progressed to the top league in the country.”

Williams has set his sights on fighting for his first team spot and becoming a regular starter in MLS, but admits he has a steep climb ahead of him, he added.

“The standards required to be an elite performer are daily, and that doesn’t happen overnight in MLS. My ambition is to establish myself with Philly and I know exactly how tough it will be.

The relief of the Williams parents is palpable. Mrs. Williams added. “We just didn’t know the pitfalls after youth football, as a family we have been through everyone, it has been excruciating but Sheanon is now a professional footballer. We did well to rectify our original mis-step and then got very sound support and advice. He’s different person to the athlete that trialled at Harrisburg eight months ago.”

If your son or daughter is facing the step towards professional soccer Mrs. Williams can be reached at llisawilliams@aol.com
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fall and Rise of Sheanon Williams
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »
isnt he elegible to represent trini

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Fall and Rise of Sheanon Williams
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »
Outstanding

1]; } ?>