April 19, 2024, 04:42:10 PM

Author Topic: U-20's in Pro League  (Read 718 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
U-20's in Pro League
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
Forgive me if it have a thread about this already but I couldn't find it.

Let me just say, i think it is a great step and the team will benefit from it going into the tournament in Egypt.

But..I have a few questions about this which I going out on a limb to assume were not addressed in making this happen because Jack have a tendency to say thing just so without consulting anybody.

1) The players who were on pro teams last year, will they still be getting paid by their pro team cause they under a contract and this counts as national duty? For those who may not be aware, if you are called on to serve your country, your employer is obligated to pay you for the period you miss. That kinda harsh on the pro league teams if that is the case...

2) Last year I know Jamal Gay play for the U-20's and Joe Public, but if they playing for both sides...isn't that too much football for the boys especially in a World Cup year?

3) The Champions League...isn't it wrong for a side like Jabloteh to have to give up all the youngsters they groom last year and basically have a weakened side to compete in the Champions League? Isn't it unfair for players like Primus and Bateau to miss out on that experience as well?

4) All these boys probably looking to go pro but just in case.. doesn't competing in a Pro League now prevent them from playing college ball, whether they getting paid or not?

5) Are they getting paid to represent the country? Cause if they not and they were getting paid from their club side last year, they just suppsoed to give up that salary and depend on mummy and daddy again (if #1 turns out to be not true and their clubs no longer paying them)

6) Will the pro league be able to regulate having players move from team to team just so during the season? For example, if a youthman hot up against the u-20's and Vranes like him, can he call him into the squad and then jus send him back to his side if he play shite for a few games? That will disrupt the side he came from and take away from the professionalism the league trying to work toward.

Was Skeene even there when Jack make the announcement or Jack just say this happening on he own and everybody else have to move to suit? I thought the Pro League were independent to the TTFF?

Just some ramblings cause I thought it would have more feedback on this announcement from the media
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20's in Pro League
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »
Spidey, I was looking for some answers to these questions as well. Things not publicly finalized yet, nor am I certain if they will go through.

This year teams looking at how Jabloteh win the league with pure local and primarily young players and the way Joe Public old legs start Champions league qualifying so promisingly and went on to fail so spectacularly.

And last year Primus and Bateau were starters for Jab, and were very successful. That coupled with the financial climate is making teams take a serious look at the youth this rounds.

Superleague is one thing, but ProLeague is another, too much conflict of interest. I think perhaps the best setup for this season is for the players like Paul and De Silva who not contracted with a team and those who probably not going to be playing 1st team football can continue with the U20. Thatis similar to what went on last year. Those players can  possibly recieve a stipend from the TTFF.

IMO unless TTFF and PL put their heads together and come up with a tenable way to let these guys play as a team, the best alternative is to increase the quality of the superleague so men don't have the complications of having to play against their own club. And add the U17 to the mix

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>