March 28, 2024, 08:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Redknapp back for Kenwyne Jones  (Read 15450 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Redknapp back for Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
He coach him b4 and he still cyah trap a ball and he 1st touch still so poor.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 09:28:01 AM »

Wha is your purpose.  Is like eveything you does ha to say is sumting negative.  Wham yuh din geh bress feed aought?!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »

He didn't actually coach him either. He recruited him based on his potential, had him train with the youth and reserve team at Southampton then he send him on loan to Sheff Wed when he see he was better than that level and was preparing him for the next step up. Then he left for Portsmouth.

I doubt he ever had actual time to work with him except to say "welcome to the club".

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »

Wha is your purpose.  Is like eveything you does ha to say is sumting negative.  Wham yuh din geh bress feed aought?!

could not have said it better...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

Sarcasm get familiar wit it. Take a course. D way man waste him dong surprise anybody want him. I guess dat was lost on u and d Italian.

LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:22 AM »
KJ and Beckham in the same lineup???

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042009/58/transfers-gossip-shop-spurs-eye-beckham-bid.html

Transfers - Gossip Shop: Spurs eye Beckham bid
Eurosport - Wed, 22 Apr 12:19:00 2009

Life has a funny habit of repeating itself and if the latest rumours are to be believed, David Beckham could be going home.

Beckham left Tottenham Hotspur's academy to sign for Manchester United on his 14th birthday and the rest, as they say, is history.

The North London club are reportedly preparing a bid to steal the record-breaking England midfielder from under the noses of Milan when his loan at the San Siro expires in the summer.

The Sun points to Spurs boss Harry Redknapp's fondness for resurrecting the careers of veteran players.

It also argues that Tottenham's ability to put the LA Galaxy man squarely in the vision of England manager Fabio Capello ahead of the 2010 World Cup will sway the former Real Madrid man.

GS doubts it though. Any move to Spurs will only happen if Milan decide not to sign him as it is unlikely that he would choose Spurs over the Rossoneri.

Milan are by far the bigger club, will be playing in the Champions League next season and the slower pace in Italy suits Beckham's game perfectly.

They are also unlikely to let him go after a series of impressive performances helped fire Milan to second in Serie A, not to mention the inevitable spike in shirt sales.

Furthemore, Capello is more than happy that Beckham is plying his trade at his beloved Milan, not least because it keeps him away from the distracting media hysteria he faces in England - and saves his legs from a shoeing at the hands of Emanuel Pogatetz.

The same paper's claim that Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is looking to offload captain Richard Dunne to Sunderland makes several assumptions.

The first is that Hughes will still be at Eastlands in the summer, with City's owners yet to prove they share the same patient, long-term vision as Villa supremo Randy Lerner.

The second is that Ireland defender Dunne would want to drop from City to Sunderland, as there are several bigger clubs that can offer a higher level of football than Ricky Sbragia's side, not least Villa.

The third is that Sunderland will be able to afford him - while they are not in the bottom three, they are anything but safe and it is highly unlikely they will shell out £5 million and £35,000 a week if they are in the Championship.

Sunderland have also been linked with relegation-doomed West Brom duo Jonathan Greening and James Morrison, although Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has ruled himself out of a move to the Stadium of Light. He would rather join Tottenham.

Reda Maher / Eurosport

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »

He didn't actually coach him either. He recruited him based on his potential, had him train with the youth and reserve team at Southampton then he send him on loan to Sheff Wed when he see he was better than that level and was preparing him for the next step up. Then he left for Portsmouth.

I doubt he ever had actual time to work with him except to say "welcome to the club".

Can I just point out that Kenwyne was already at Southampton prior to Redknapp's arrival. So Harry didn't coach or even recruit him. He did see the potential of Blackstock and Jones while playing fuh the youth/reserve team and sent both on loan and did give Kenwyne his first premiership start.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:20 PM »

Can I just point out that Kenwyne was already at Southampton prior to Redknapp's arrival. So Harry didn't coach or even recruit him. He did see the potential of Blackstock and Jones while playing fuh the youth/reserve team and sent both on loan and did give Kenwyne his first premiership start.

Me eh really care if they was in d same solar system at Southhampton. D point is KJ all of a sudden is d worse ting but a big name coach is allegedly interested in him.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 05:37:15 AM »
A host of Spurs players have been rumoured, with Robbie Keane reportedly being offered as a makeweight in a deal for Kenwyne Jones to head to White Hart Lane. Darren Bent, Didier Zokora and Tom Huddlestone are the other Spurs players being mentioned.

SUNDERLAND ECHO
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
A hope Spurs know what they doing ... according to the KJ haters, he is no good, he is just a lazy bum! :devil: waiting in months to come to hear the sounds of men back peddling! Go Spurs, Go KJ!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 09:23:09 AM »
NO arry.. leave he right dey please. go for Tevez or Dzeko instead. KJ can't control ah ball in ah telephone booth.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
NO arry.. leave he right dey please. go for Tevez or Dzeko instead. KJ can't control ah ball in ah telephone booth.

:rotfl:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
A host of Spurs players have been rumoured, with Robbie Keane reportedly being offered as a makeweight in a deal for Kenwyne Jones to head to White Hart Lane. Darren Bent, Didier Zokora and Tom Huddlestone are the other Spurs players being mentioned.

SUNDERLAND ECHO

This one hard to blieve. All of those players are proven Premiership players and Jones hasn't done anything outstanding yet. Hopefully this year with his injury woes behind him, he will fulfill his potential.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
Redknapp has already said he has to sell before he can buy due to his spending spree in Jan to keep them up.

Its reported today that Bents price has been put up to £18 Million, £8 Million more than he was available for in Jan. ( 3 hopes Bob, Nee & Wester) I would be surprised to see a few Spurs players leave as he likes wheeling & dealing. 

The window officially opens next week so expect all the usual rumours on a daily basis either leaked by the club wanting to buy or more often or not the agent wanting to make a shilling or 2. 

Personally not bothered either way, but if get a really good offer I would sell him.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 06:59:56 AM »
Redknapp has already said he has to sell before he can buy due to his spending spree in Jan to keep them up.

Its reported today that Bents price has been put up to £18 Million, £8 Million more than he was available for in Jan. ( 3 hopes Bob, Nee & Wester) I would be surprised to see a few Spurs players leave as he likes wheeling & dealing. 

The window officially opens next week so expect all the usual rumours on a daily basis either leaked by the club wanting to buy or more often or not the agent wanting to make a shilling or 2. 

Personally not bothered either way, but if get a really good offer I would sell him.

Welcome back Kev, long time no hear from.  By the way, what are you opinions on Bruce? Do u think he has what it takes to take you guys to the next level?  He has done well at Wigan and Birmingham with limited resources and a relatively small fan base. 

What are you expectations

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »
Andre,

Not been about a lot busy and not a lot to say in close season most only interested in Kenwyne and carlos (understandly), ersonally just bored with the whole Kenwyne thing which is probably a part of it where I wouldn't be that disapointed to see him go, but it will all start up again this week as teh window opens.

As for Bruce I would put it down as an uninspired appointment.  Keane was the right man at the right time so it suited both parties, plus all teh investors were Irish so he could do no wrong in their eyes.  The new Guy Short isn't that sentimental / star struck, I still believe Sbragia's appointment had more to do with ownership / money issues than football.  They took a massive gamble with him and not strengthening in Jan and got very very lucky it just paid off, through other teams failings more than anything we did ourselves.  The club never looked at anybody excepte Bruce, I think teh lucky escape made them scared and looked for a "safe" pair of hands who could be got relatively easily, I personally would of preferred Curbishley given that criteria. 

Bruce imho is an average manager, he organises well and I still think the squad from last year organised properly in defence and some decent tactics would get more points this year, fairly easily.  If surviving with 5 games or so left to go is the next evel then yes he will get us to the get level, if regularly getting close to Europe then I am not that sure, but he will be given the money so it should be possible even for an average manager, given the squad isn't totally full of championship players now. 

Bruce is used to bargain basement shopping, whether he will do well when given money is anybodies guess, there is a very long list of managers that have done well on a shoestring only to find themselves with a lot of expensive mistakes when given proper money to spend, we will just have to wait and see. 

Personally I wanted a change, possibly foriegn I just think the club needs a fresh appraoch and a lot of the deadwood shifting, I am hoping Bruce will step upto the plate on that side.

Hope you are keeping well. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:42:10 PM by kev »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »

haha jumbie....- not funny, if you can't at least speak some constructive criticism it'll be better you just keep quiet, don't be friggin bashing our players and saying tottenham should get other players ahead of KJ, what damned lack of patriotism. 

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »

haha jumbie....- not funny, if you can't at least speak some constructive criticism it'll be better you just keep quiet, don't be friggin bashing our players and saying tottenham should get other players ahead of KJ, what damned lack of patriotism. 

patriotism my ass... like this site gone from ah .com to ah .iran . public friggin place and you telling me to what to say and when.

he can't control a ball in a shoebox then! I said it!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 06:31:12 AM »

with that line of thinking then men cant criticize the govt or the police or the media cant report  cause men might accuse them of lack of patriotism.

we as fans have a right to boo and bash them, cause they does enjoy the big up, the girlz, the fete and the salaries when it coming in. 

Steups wha wrong with allyuh boy...the man playing shit and until he does better, he go keep feeling/hearing the wrath. We suppose to be some kinda bobolees a what? No wonder trinidad so, cause we always trying to be politically correct when is time to talk.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »
Sunderland linked with bid for Eidur Gudjohnsen
By Steve Brown, Evening Chronicle

SUNDERLAND have been linked with an audacious bid to land Barcelona star Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Sources in Spain claim the Black Cats are tracking the Icelandic international, along with Aston Villa, West Ham, Everton and Fulham.

The 30-year-old has grown frustrated at his lack of first-team outings at the Nou Camp, where Samuel Eto’o, Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi regularly fill the striking berths and even as an attacking midfielder, Gudjohnsen finds himself behind Andres Iniesta and Xavi.

Former Bolton and Chelsea forward Gudjohnsen is keen on a return to the Premier League and his £4m fee would not be a problem as Steve Bruce is handed a £50m transfer war chest.

Sunderland are on the look out for at least one new striker after turning down the option of signing Djibril Cisse on a permanent deal.

The Frenchman joined Panathinaikos last week.

The Wearside club have also been credited with an interest in Darren Bent, but are unwilling to match Tottenham’s £18m valuation, while the North London outfit have also offered Robbie Keane in part-exchange for Kenwyne Jones.

Sunderland have also made enquiries about Reading striker Kevin Doyle, who wants to leave the Madejski Stadium after failure to win promotion.

But Bruce is understood to favour a bold approach to sign Gudjohnsen.

Bruce officially begins work tomorrow, when he will also have to convince Anton Ferdinand to ignore overtures from former club West Ham.

The new Back Cats boss wants to pair Ferdinand with Republic of Ireland international Richard Dunne, and though Manchester City have played down talk of contact between the clubs, the Chronicle understands a move remains likely.

Sunderland Looking To Lure Lomana LuaLua Back From Qatar.
Derek Wanner, Goal.com

Lualua could well be set to kiss goodbye to Qatari football after just one year...

Sunderland have reportedly turned their attention to Qatar-based striker Lomana LuaLua in their search for a suitable strike-partner for Kenwyne Jones.

According to News of the World, new Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is a long-time admirer of the Congolese striker, who spent seven years in England’s top-flight with Newcastle United and Portsmouth, before embarking on a career in Greece with Olympiacos en route to Qatari club Al-Arabi.

The 28-year-old has dropped some heavy hints that he only sees Al-Arabi as a stopover, and that a return to the Premier League is something which holds great appeal to him.

Writing in his diary for footballers' website Icons last August, Lua Lua revealed: “I want to spend a couple of years out in Qatar. After that, who knows what the future will bring. I wouldn’t rule out a move to the Premiership.

“I would be able to return no problem. The Premiership is another level but I played there for seven years. As long as I've got my fitness I could go back at any time."

There was no mention in News of the World over what kind of offer Sunderland have in mind, assuming that they do in fact have a serious interest in him.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:39:33 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp set to offer Robbie Keane as bait for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones
By Brian McNally (Mirror Football)

Tottenham have their sights on Sunderland hitman Kenwyne Jones again.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp will face competition from both Aston Villa and Liverpool.

But his bargaining chip could be skipper Robbie Keane, despite the White Hart Lane boss saying he does not want to sell the  Irishman in January.

Redknapp has been told he must sell before he can buy in 2010, but he could fund another move for Jones by cashing in on either Keane or Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

The Black Cats rejected a £16million bid from Spurs for the Trinidad and Tobago striker last season, with Jones committing himself to a new four-and-a-half year deal on Wearside in January.

But Redknapp remains a firm admirer of his swashbuckling style and could even try to tempt Black Cats boss Steve Bruce by offering Republic of Ireland star Keane in part-exchange.

Keane has been linked with a January loan move to his boyhood idols Celtic, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy doesn’t favour that alternative and the Scottish side will also struggle to match Keane’s wages.

Levy has made it clear that, having spent big on signing the likes of Keane, Jermain Defoe and Wilson Palacios, any incoming deals will have to be self-financing. Sunderland inquired about the much-travelled Keane in the summer before buying England striker Darren Bent from Spurs for a bargain £10m.

Black Cats chairman Niall Quinn remains close to his fellow Dubliner. He finished his career playing alongside Keane in the Republic’s attack.

It remains to be seen whether Bruce could be tempted to part with Jones, but he admitted recently he will be “ruthless” in his bid to shake Sunderland out of a poor spell of form which has seen them win just once away from home all season.

Jones has played second fiddle to Bent this season and just two of his six goals have come in away matches.

But it could  be Bruce will want to give the Bent-Jones partnership more time to blossom. That wouldn’t stop Redknapp (above), however, coming back in during the summer window.  Bruce hopes Sunderland can put their miserable away form behind them and that skipper Lorik Cana can again inspire his team-mates when they go to Blackburn  tomorrow

Bruce said: “We have badly missed Lorik Cana when he has been out of the side. The same goes for Lee Cattermole. I know for a fact that when we have Cana in the team we play better.

“Lorik gives us an edge and brings character and spirit to the side. We must stop giving away soft goals.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »
The Mirror has about as much news credibility as the Sunday Punch.

That said I would take him at Spurs in a flash, I'd even throw in Bentley to sweeten the pot.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 03:19:41 PM »
The Mirror has about as much news credibility as the Sunday Punch.

That said I would take him at Spurs in a flash, I'd even throw in Bentley to sweeten the pot.

add that lingay fack as well...  :angel:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
The way spurs playing now, dem aint need no strikers

If Heskey ride out, I think Villa may come back in for him. I prefer O'Neil as a manager anyway

But i would prefer he actually stay. I not in favour of strikers moving in the Jan transfer window.

No pre season to work yourself into a new regime, added pressure of instant performance after a big money deal

If KJ wants to go, he should wait till the early summer before WC and some potential unknown rising out of obscurity.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Sunderland set to seal swoop for German striker
By Alan Nixon (Mirror Football)

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is making a major swoop for German international striker Kevin Kuranyi - and opened the door to Kenwyne Jones to be sold.

Bruce hopes to sign Schalke 04 hit man Kuranyi in a £3.5million deal today, flying him in as soon as possible to sort out his personal terms and medical ahead of a top-class capture.

However Kuranyi's arrival - after six seasons with Schalke in the Bundesliga - will signal a chase for Trinidad and Tobago target man Jones who will lose out when he checks in.

Brazilian-born Kuranyi has been prolific since signing for Stuttgart as a kid and he recently passed the landmark of 100 senior goals in German club football. However the time has come for him to cash in and move.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
Kuranyi have so self-respect or wa?  Sunderland?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »
Kuranyi have so self-respect or wa?  Sunderland?

$$$

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alex McLeish ponders £9m move for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »
Alex McLeish ponders £9m move for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones
By Stuart James (guardian.co.uk)

Birmingham City are considering making a £9m bid for the Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones in another bold statement of their ambitions under the new owner, Carson Yeung. Alex McLeish retains an interest in signing the Liverpool forward Ryan Babel, but the Birmingham manager is also weighing up other possibilities and Jones, whose future at the Stadium of Light is uncertain, has emerged as a target.

Jones signed a four-and-a-half-year contract at Sunderland last January, after Tottenham offered about £12m for him, but he has impressed only sporadically since Steve Bruce took over in the summer and was dropped for last month's defeat at Manchester City. The Trinidadian scored after coming off the bench in that match, but it was his first goal since the start of October in what has been a largely disappointing season.

Two years ago Roy Keane, who was then in charge at Sunderland, described Jones as the "best forward in the Premier League" and suggested he was worth £40m, but his career has since stalled. Darren Bent's prolific form since arriving from Spurs means that he has usurped Jones as the main striker and it may well be that Bruce is willing to listen to offers if he can find a replacement.

Whether Birmingham are able to agree a fee with Sunderland remains to be seen, however, with Yeung's ill-advised decision to publicly reveal that he will make up to £40m available in this transfer window prompting clubs to drive up their asking prices.

Liverpool are seeking closer to £11m for Babel after McLeish offered £9m, and Celtic have told Birmingham that they will not allow Aiden McGeady to leave unless an offer in excess of £10m is received.

McLeish is believed to have been willing to go to £10m for the Republic of Ireland winger but not above, meaning that Babel is now the more realistic option, with the Dutchman's agent indicating yesterday his interest in a move to Birmingham.

"We know that Liverpool is seriously thinking about the offer from Birmingham," said Winnie Haatrecht. "We would consider a deal if both clubs come to an agreement. Ryan wants to succeed at Liverpool but if the people at Anfield conclude it's better he leaves, we have to think about the next chapter in his career."

Babel could be deployed on the left or through the middle, but Jones is seen as a target man. McLeish, who has used Cameron Jerome in that role for much of this season with reasonable success, had looked at signing Kevin Kuranyi from Schalke before the Germany international made unreasonable salary demands.

Míchel, meanwhile, is expected to complete his £3m move to St Andrew's from Sporting Gijón in time for the midfielder to be included in the squad for Saturday's match against Manchester United.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
The same two men who didn't sign Jones when they had the chance now wants him the most.... Interesting.

McLeish (Glasgow Rangers) & Harry Rednapp (Southampton). Only man missing is Alex Ferguson.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
When Drogba came in that league, he couldn't trap a ball to save his, or his gran-mumma's life.  His overall touches IMHO, were autrociously worse than Kenwyne's.  Look at that man now!  Best of luck to you young warrior.  Keep working on your flaws and make us even more proud.  Like men here feel is a Play-We ticket that get yuh to where yuh at right now.  All kinda big-time coach willing to spend millions a dollars on your talent, but imps like we can't appreciate it.  First touch is obviously something that can be worked on.  Work hard son.... Show them warrior!!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:58:11 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

1]; } ?>