March 28, 2024, 08:40:46 AM

Author Topic: Redknapp back for Kenwyne Jones  (Read 15451 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Redknapp back for Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:38 AM »
Men getting real reckless wit dis "star boy" shit talk, sah.

yuh understand....is score de fella en score, man gehin on like if he goin around cussin off players n disruptin next man confidence

I think Yorke had the same problems.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2010, 09:20:07 AM »
Bruce slams Kenwyne transfer claims
Sunderland Echo

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has quashed rumours striker Kenwyne Jones is set to leave the club.

Reports indicate that the Trinidad and Tobago frontman is likely to leave the Black Cats, with Germany forward Kevin Kuranyi moving to Wearside.

But despite speculation that Birmingham City have tabled a bid for Jones, Bruce has responded by denying the suggestion he will be sold.

Bruce told the club's official website, safc.com: "We haven't received any bids for Kenwyne.

"He's an important part of our team and he isn't going anywhere.

He added: "I'm trying to build a squad that can compete here at Sunderland and I want quality players like Kenwyne Jones at the club.

"I've already expressed my dislike of the January window and my opinion on that certainly hasn't changed.

"It's an unsettling time for players, for clubs and it certainly makes a manager's job all the more difficult."
Kenwyne Jones will not leave Sunderland in transfer window, says Steve Bruce
By Rob Stewart (telegraph.co.uk)

Bruce spoke out to make it clear that the Trinidad & Tobago striker was part of his long-terms plans as he hit out at reports linking Jones with an £11 million move to Birmingham.

Bruce said: “We haven’t received any bids for Kenwyne. He’s an important part of our team and he isn’t going anywhere.

“I’m trying to build a squad that can compete here at Sunderland and I want quality players like Kenwyne Jones at the club.”

“I’ve already expressed my dislike of the January window and my opinion on that certainly hasn’t changed. It’s an unsettling time for players, for clubs and it certainly makes a manager’s job all the more difficult.”

The former Manchester United captain described the transfer speculation as “unsettling and not helpful” while a club official added: “The opening of the January transfer window has seen Sunderland linked with over a dozen players, as well as stories suggesting bids for striker Kenwyne Jones.”

Meanwhile, Bruce back the decision to postpone Saturday’s game against Bolton due to the Arctic weather conditions gripping Wearside.

“Obviously we’re disappointed that the game has been called off,” Bruce added.

“We’ve prepared the team as normal and tried to stick to a schedule all week despite the ice and snow, so it’s a frustration for everyone, that’s for sure.

“Fans work hard all week too and the match is something they look forward to at the end of the week so I’m sure they’ll be disappointed.

“But when it comes to a question of safety then football certainly has to come second, there’s no doubt about that. The sensible decision has been taken, with the welfare of everyone in mind.

“A lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to get the game on but I don’t think many of us have seen weather quite like this for a long time and common sense has prevailed.”

:bs:

My :bs: is a little rusty but from what I could pick out my translation is this:
Either he didn't find he was getting high enough offers for Kenwyne, or things wasn't looking good with the Kuranyi deal or both.

The money being offered is a lot less than Spuds were willing to pay this time last year.

Kuranyi is in the last 6 months of his contract and seems to be eyeing a Bosman move, big signing on fee plus big wages.  Depending on what paper you believe he wants between £80,000 and £130,000 per week.  Not going to happen.

My view would still be he wants another target man in, settled and sell Kenwyne in the summer, but what do I know. 

The club are being linked strongly with  Cabanas (sp) from the Mexican league, not a clue, no doubt a couple of you have a much better idea what he is like.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Salvador Cabanas is from Paraguay currently plays for Club America in Mexico, not a bad player but not many Latin Americans have success in the UK. Maybe its a language barrier or they just get home sick, they are very hard players to settle in. But you never know....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:41:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2010, 10:14:01 AM »
Cabanas.. thats the ponytail fellah playing in Mexico?

shitong.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »
I just heard on the radio that Liverpool is interested in KJ now. Benitez is trying to swap Babel for KJ since he has no funds to buy any players.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
I just heard on the radio that Liverpool is interested in KJ now. Benitez is trying to swap Babel for KJ since he has no funds to buy any players.
No disrespect eh but KJ that good.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
All these Prem managers doh know shit bout football.

Redknapp
Keane (ex prem anyway)
Benitez
Bruce
O'Neill
McLeish

You tellin me ALL a dem eh know KJ is a rank shithong?

Ah mean...socapro and practically everybody on dis board say he a shitsnake so it mus be de case ent?

He cyah trap, he cyah pass, he cyah shoot, he lazy, he on star boy ting, kerry baptiste better dan he all kinda ting.

Me eh know how dem managers still have a wuk nah.  Dem cyah see de obvious?

Steupes.  No wonder dem cyah win nutting.  Look REAL managers like Alex Ferguson doh even talk bout KJ. 

DEM know football.

Not dese pretenders.

All dah good money fuh KJ?  WTF dese people thinkin? 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
KJ is a key man for the english leagues.

if you notice who does be the target of the long ball from the back and he does win at least 70% of them or get foul.

he does well.

In england with the high pressure you must have a good long ball plan especially if you team is not one of the Top 3 and cannot play the passing game under pressure.

In addition KJ link up play is improving immensely

Look at the Goal he soce in Man u and the cross he give bent to score.

15 Million at least

when you consider his age he have at least 5 good years left.

KJ should try to go to spain or italy in my oppinion

A team like valencia , or atletico go snap him up.

he go dominate in that league with his power up front.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »
He's as good as gone!!!

I hope it hurts just enough to make him realize that you have to be consistently good to be the real deal. Failure of Yorke for not passing it on to the future.
TnT Patriot

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »
All these Prem managers doh know shit bout football.

Redknapp
Keane (ex prem anyway)
Benitez
Bruce
O'Neill
McLeish

You tellin me ALL a dem eh know KJ is a rank shithong?

Ah mean...socapro and practically everybody on dis board say he a shitsnake so it mus be de case ent?

He cyah trap, he cyah pass, he cyah shoot, he lazy, he on star boy ting, kerry baptiste better dan he all kinda ting.

Me eh know how dem managers still have a wuk nah.  Dem cyah see de obvious?

Steupes.  No wonder dem cyah win nutting.  Look REAL managers like Alex Ferguson doh even talk bout KJ. 

DEM know football.

Not dese pretenders.

All dah good money fuh KJ?  WTF dese people thinkin? 

It still have a few of us who believe de fella talented ;D

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:24 AM »
Stoke City still wants  Jones...

Jones is no stranger to the Britannia Stadium, having played 16 games for Stoke while on loan from Southampton between February and May 2005.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »
Kenwyne Jones still on Stoke radar
Sportinglife.com

Stoke chairman Peter Coates has refused to rule out a January transfer move for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

Both the Potters and Premier League rivals Birmingham have been linked with the Trinidad and Tobago star.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has questioned whether either club has the financial muscle to land the striker, after suggesting Jones is worth £40million at his best.

While Coates has acknowledged the club have yet to open detailed discussions with Sunderland, he has not ruled out the possibility of landing the forward.

"I don't know what they want for him, so I can't say whether we can afford him or not," Coates told The Sentinel.

"Until I know what he (Bruce) is looking for, it's impossible to say if he's right in what he is saying.

"We've had no talks with them and so no figures have been mentioned. I don't know what sort of deal might be available.

"If he's looking for what he thinks we regard as silly money, then he would be right.

"But it's not a case of what we can afford, it's a case of what we regard as good value. We are in the phoney war at the moment, when we are seeing what's happening in the market place."

Jones is no stranger to the Britannia Stadium, having played 16 games for Stoke while on loan from Southampton between February and May 2005.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>