April 27, 2024, 05:20:49 PM

Author Topic: What ever happened to W. Webb and S. Boney?  (Read 7812 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What ever happened to W. Webb and S. Boney?
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:29:36 PM »
Fellas

Maybe this has been addressed in earlier posts before I started looking at this site (2000 or so) but where did Wesley Webb and Shawn Boney end up after school days?

Bless
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 06:52:34 PM by Tallman »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happened to W. Webb and S. Boney?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 07:07:24 PM »
Where did Wesley Webb and Shawn Boney end up after school days?

Wesley Webb:
I eh know what he doing right now, but up to last year he was a player/manager at Starworld Strikers (due to financial problems, Starworld not currently participating in de PFL). Over de years he has played for San Juan Jabloteh, W-Connection, Joe Public, Al-Ansar (in Lebanon) and Point Fortin Civic Centre. He also had stints in Portugal and Indonesia.

Shawn Boney:
Shawn currently plays fuh de Philadelphia Kixx in de Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL). Over de years he played for the Cleveland Crunch (NPSL) and the Lehigh Valley Steam (with Mickey Trotman in the A-League). He was drafted by de L.A. Galaxy in the second round of the 1997 MLS College Draft but I eh tink he see any action. He attended college at Southern Connecticut State University and majored in Communications.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:14:12 PM »
Excellent representation as usual tallman, you are an indispensable resource to this site and its users....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 11:54:02 AM »
As a matter of fact I spoke to Shawn Boney  at the Philadelphia KIXX training facilities  early this year and I asked him a couple off question like why he stop playing for Trinidad and this is what he said they called him back meaning TTFF and at the time he was playing collage ball so the team coach said no and  FIFA has no say in collage there was nothing he could do and they never call him to play again. At the time he had a broken leg he also said that he wanted to take part in the indoor world cup qualifiers for T&T last year but he had the same injures yes he broke his leg two year in a row the man real cool he give me his cell phone number and I told him the best place to get info about football back home was Socawarriors.net not the Express.com where he gets his info.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 12:01:15 PM »
Damn...he's a big mofo...

Didn't Boney and another Trini play in Brazil in the early 90s.

I could swear he played for the Sr. team in the early and mid 90s.
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
I could swear he played for the Sr. team in the early and mid 90s.

I eh know exactly how much caps he has, but he did play for T&T against Jamaica in a World Cup Qualifier on August 16, 1992.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 12:29:16 PM »
Boney yeah he playing forward now in that league, just screening men and laying off, doing a good job too-maybe bring him back to strike for TT.  Boney-glenn combo=deadly.

after beenie leave cause he ain't get paid.  then avin get anton the wuk he go call boney.  he and corneal tight.

cool fella though

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »
Was Boney originally a defender??

VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
yeah boney sweep for the Wc u-20 TT team

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 12:51:45 PM »

Anybody remember the straight right Boney hit de mexican fella and knock him out?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 01:02:21 PM »
The man say he can’t play big feild no more too much running
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 01:07:38 PM »
tha indoor take some serious fitness also or maybe is the beers that does make me feel so.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
Check how Boney manhandling dis fella:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 05:12:16 PM by Tallman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 07:33:28 PM »
Check how Boney manhandling dis fella:

but that is he son??

Més que un club.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:33 PM »
Where did Wesley Webb and Shawn Boney end up after school days?

Wesley Webb:
I eh know what he doing right now, but up to last year he was a player/manager at Starworld Strikers (due to financial problems, Starworld not currently participating in de PFL). Over de years he has played for San Juan Jabloteh, W-Connection, Joe Public, Al-Ansar (in Lebanon) and Point Fortin Civic Centre. He also had stints in Portugal and Indonesia.

Shawn Boney:
Shawn currently plays fuh de Philadelphia Kixx in de Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL). Over de years he played for the Cleveland Crunch (NPSL) and the Lehigh Valley Steam (with Mickey Trotman in the A-League). He was drafted by de L.A. Galaxy in the second round of the 1997 MLS College Draft but I eh tink he see any action. He attended college at Southern Connecticut State University and majored in Communications.

This is the same man who someone on another thread say he was never ah books man and went ah private school in st.agustine did'nt last long,but majored in communications at connecticut state .............wee foote pah pah yoh............

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:22:36 AM »

Boney ., yet another Tringrove player...... one of the hardest kickers of the ball ever in T&T. As a teen he was 6ft 5 and 250 pounds ...without fat !
a good talent but preferred to earn a living...which he still does...playing small goal in the us...A RESULT OF OUR ttff OR ttfa  ...WHATEVER... wARNER ....POLICIES OVER THE YEARS.
Nice guy though ..... I used him as an example to try to motivate Hardest  as a young fella when he had given up on the books. I told him Shawn was not even in the academic stream as he was learning a trade in Mt St bennedict yet was able to start over at a junior college and work his way to a University degree. harest wasn´t interested ...he was waiting on his contract in germany !

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
That is meh boy.  Boney drinking liquors like normal and still getting paid to sweat in Philly.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »
he coulda hit that ball hard have to run hide when he wind it up.
bring back boney up front

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »

Boney ., yet another Tringrove player...... one of the hardest kickers of the ball ever in T&T. As a teen he was 6ft 5 and 250 pounds ...without fat !
a good talent but preferred to earn a living...which he still does...playing small goal in the us...A RESULT OF OUR ttff OR ttfa  ...WHATEVER... wARNER ....POLICIES OVER THE YEARS.
Nice guy though ..... I used him as an example to try to motivate Hardest  as a young fella when he had given up on the books. I told him Shawn was not even in the academic stream as he was learning a trade in Mt St bennedict yet was able to start over at a junior college and work his way to a University degree. harest wasn´t interested ...he was waiting on his contract in germany !

Jai yet another tringrove player, make it sound like tringrove produce a million stars, when truth is tringrove always in upstarts shadow time yuh face that reality 
all yuh was decent always 2nd but still decent
 :beermug: to tringrove

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »
Just b/c he play for Trinigrove doh mean that Tringove was any good.  Football King and Jai, allyuh must give respect to Santa Rosa...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 07:52:33 PM »
Just b/c he play for Trinigrove doh mean that Tringove was any good.  Football King and Jai, allyuh must give respect to Santa Rosa...

Arimaman yuh right with that statement cause i can't remember tringrove being good at all.
now upstarts head and shoulders above
I remember santa rosa bringing a heap of youth natl players, demming, nixon, millington, bennetts, and ah remember upstarts sending them back to santa rosa after a resounding washing

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 11:29:03 PM »
Boneywas ah real dred shooter. Ah remember dat free kick bullet he tek against Harbour view in the SPFL in de Stadium. Ah hold meh head and bawl oui. :rotfl: Man tek ah run up and bullet de ball from half line ;Not ah flickin man move all you see is goalie stretching and net shakin and de crowd bawling feeling sorry fuh de goalie. ;

Dat man was hard , when he coming thru man couldn't stop him atall. Ah feel he was the most brutal shootter in de Caribbean. Ah use to enjoy watching him behind ah ball .......BRUTAL, BRUTAL
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:36:28 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 04:31:33 AM »
And what happened to Wendell Regis???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 04:52:15 AM »
Plays indoor football for the Baltimore Blast.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 05:08:46 AM »

let me break it down for you ...Santa Rosa with Sheldon Bennet and some other natioanl youth  stars of santa Rosa met tringrove in a champion of champions semi final on de Eddie hart ground ... Santa Rosa was the under 19 winners and the 4 winners ( first division, B division and over 30 winners )  met in a knockout to determine the champion of champions ..
Tringrove won that game 2-0...I scored one !
Tringrove went on to win the champion of champions title that year ...the amazing thing is that we were all over 30 ! we were the over 30 champions !!! how does that grab you young fella !
There was only one trinngrove ..the original ...our sons and nephews keep the name going ..how many teams do you know in football still have members playing together for over 34 years ..... that´s the time i have been playing ...off and on because idont live in T&T at the moment.
If you know sheldon bennet ask him about that game ! :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 07:24:13 AM »
I used to see Boney on an ad for a football clinic or training video or something on the then-named  Fox Sports World.
He went Portugal in 91 with Dwight and those fellas.  I remember reading about non-Trinis coming to our training sessions in Portugal to marvel at "the giant."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 10:42:56 AM »
Plays indoor football for the Baltimore Blast.

Thanks dey tallman, I see him play but never really know it was him.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »
I used to see Boney on an ad for a football clinic or training video or something on the then-named  Fox Sports World.
He went Portugal in 91 with Dwight and those fellas.  I remember reading about non-Trinis coming to our training sessions in Portugal to marvel at "the giant."

Yeh he was ah giant. He shouldah been rippin up men with that wicked squad we had back in 94-96. Them men like Pacheco, Jughead, Nixon, Eve,Dwarika and others.Dem men was tusty.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:41:49 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 04:53:57 PM »
yeah boney is ah real nice fella he went to my school Mercer Community College (92-94) where he was all American with Evans wise those same years. As ah trinibagonian i dose fell real proud of those guys for what they did for future trinis in the college soccer program.
All American

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
Just to let you know I was watching Fox Sports today and saw Boney's team, Orlando .....

and Boney ddn't play because he was injured. However, they were saying how valuable he was up front with his abiility to score goals.

Peace,
VB

1]; } ?>