April 17, 2024, 10:27:56 PM

Author Topic: question...  (Read 4477 times)

truetrini

question...
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
I attending some meetings as I on ah committee  and in dem meetings they only talking about higher power and spirituality and I is ah non believer ,,how I should handle these people boy?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: question...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:40:26 PM »
I attending some meetings as I on ah committee  and in dem meetings they only talking about higher power and spirituality and I is ah non believer ,,how I should handle these people boy?

WWJD?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:32:51 AM »

Flatulence ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »
according to sprangalang...try it,yuh go like it.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
 :violin: :banginghead: :busshead: As me boy woould say, "yu have issues"
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
 :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

what yuh mean yuh is a non believer??? ah lost...yuh doh believe that there is a supreme being? yuh doh believe in God???
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »

what yuh mean yuh is a non believer??? ah lost...yuh doh believe that there is a supreme being? yuh doh believe in God???

Where you been?  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »

what yuh mean FF???
ah late or wat???

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »

what yuh mean FF???
ah late or wat???

yup he does not believe in GOD  ;D Hope that helps , and yes yuh late  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »

What is yuh role in de meeting?  What is the goal of these meetings?

It songin like if is a meeting about practical things, task delegation an so on, then it have some real lazy-*ss people in dey if they insist on invokin a supreme being.  

If is a gov't meeting and Manning chairin it, then yuh go hadda expect dat.  :beermug:

And, well, if is a church meeting, then ah eh feel we could help yuh either!  :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 10:45:06 AM »

you should withdraw yuhself from the committee and leave the affairs in the hands of people who obviously know plenty better than you.  ;)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

you should withdraw yuhself from the committee and leave the affairs in the hands of people who obviously know plenty better than you.  ;)

:beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »

WWJD?

What Would Jack Do is not pertinent to this discussion!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »

Oh gawd (small 'g')... watch dis next one.  Doh start him nuh, lol

--------------

TC... who de hell is Him?

:rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »

Say a prayer fuh dem...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »

Is the discussion about higher power etc part of the meeting or is that just the meeting going off track?

If it is just the meeting going off track then tell them you respect their beliefs, but they are not your own, so can we please stick to the issues at hand. If the talk about higher power etc is actually an important part of the meetings then resign from the committe, or listen to what they say, but when they ask you what you think, tell them is not your beliefs and that you are unwilling to voice an opinion for fear of offending anyone.....

Wait on second thought that line don't sound like you at all. Just do what you would do here, buss some cuss tell them haul they arse and they dont know what they talking about.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On more serious note, thats how I get rid of the Mormons and Jehovah witnesses who starting to come around again now that the snow melted. I tell them that I am a non-practicing catholic, and while I have some serious issues with some of the practices of my church, I dont feel like entertaining anyone elses' religious beliefs at the moment.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

Is the discussion about higher power etc part of the meeting or is that just the meeting going off track?

If it is just the meeting going off track then tell them you respect their beliefs, but they are not your own, so can we please stick to the issues at hand. If the talk about higher power etc is actually an important part of the meetings then resign from the committe, or listen to what they say, but when they ask you what you think, tell them is not your beliefs and that you are unwilling to voice an opinion for fear of offending anyone.....

Wait on second thought that line don't sound like you at all. Just do what you would do here, buss some cuss tell them haul they arse and they dont know what they talking about.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On more serious note, thats how I get rid of the Mormons and Jehovah witnesses who starting to come around again now that the snow melted. I tell them that I am a non-practicing catholic, and while I have some serious issues with some of the practices of my church, I dont feel like entertaining anyone elses' religious beliefs at the moment.

sounds like you have some real non-persistant jehovah witnesses up in your parts.. in trinidad, that would be a sure fire invitation for them to force the issue and also to come back every weekend.

usually the best way is to pick a day when yuh have some patience, invite them inside, offer dem some refreshments, put them to sit down... then take ah full turn in dey ass... bombard them with all yuh questions and yuh serious issues, press dem fuh answers and explanations and stretch dem to de limit..

they doh come back after that, trust meh.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »

sounds like you have some real non-persistant jehovah witnesses up in your parts.. in trinidad, that would be a sure fire invitation for them to force the issue and also to come back every weekend.

usually the best way is to pick a day when yuh have some patience, invite them inside, offer dem some refreshments, put them to sit down... then take ah full turn in dey ass... bombard them with all yuh questions and yuh serious issues, press dem fuh answers and explanations and stretch dem to de limit..

they doh come back after that, trust meh.

Yuh talk de trute. One time dey come by my house and we start to talk. I start tuh ask dem ah setta questions, and give dem meh views on de Watchtower and Awake magazine. Next ting yuh know, dey tell meh how dey eh coming back by me again. Dey give meh one ah dey magazine and ride out, never to be seen again.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »

Say a prayer fuh dem...
somehow, I real like this answer ;D

WWJD?

What Would Jack Do is not pertinent to this discussion!
:rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:00:01 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

what yuh mean FF???
ah late or wat???

yup he does not believe in GOD  ;D Hope that helps , and yes yuh late  :devil:

:-[ crap!

where was i ???

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »
For them Jehovahs you must come out in yuh drawers with yuh gun swinging...

and watch them and say...excuse me...you are distrurbing me

I am attempting to have sex with my wife.

You will get a look and they will walk away...

if that doh work when they tackle me in woodford square I does ask them...so do I look like I have plenty sins or do I look like someone who can be easily converted.

They usually doh take me orn after that.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »

Quote yourself ... i.e.

...  as well as your superstitious beliefs in some pie in de sky god dat is a mythical figure....

This man explains why I feel the way I feel about God on the whole....a great read.  I have put in bold what I agree with!

Good Book:  What I learned from reading the entire Bible.
By David Plotz

....churches are not the place for me!  Temples, Mosques, Mandirs..all de same..places of mythology and fallacies.

... yes ah some misguided frens who superstitious and beleive in mythological God and ting.

and yuh right we does agree on many things, but NONE ah dem is my spiritual guide, my mentor (what de f**k does dat conotate...MENTOR) and me eh go tuh hear none ah dem preach fuh 20 damn years.

Truth be told, if my frens and dem preaching ting me eh agree with, we go remain frens but ah finding anodder church.

use one of the quotes to express your disdain for religion and higher beings etc..

Dat go straighten dem out so fass, dey go appoint you Chair in no time.

:devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :angel: :angel:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 03:38:57 PM »

whenever yuh want to make a point, jus make up a bible verse to justify it....no matter what point yuh wanna make, their will be a bible verse that supports it, guaranteed :)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »

Quote yourself ... i.e.

...  as well as your superstitious beliefs in some pie in de sky god dat is a mythical figure....

This man explains why I feel the way I feel about God on the whole....a great read.  I have put in bold what I agree with!

Good Book:  What I learned from reading the entire Bible.
By David Plotz

....churches are not the place for me!  Temples, Mosques, Mandirs..all de same..places of mythology and fallacies.

... yes ah some misguided frens who superstitious and beleive in mythological God and ting.

and yuh right we does agree on many things, but NONE ah dem is my spiritual guide, my mentor (what de f**k does dat conotate...MENTOR) and me eh go tuh hear none ah dem preach fuh 20 damn years.

Truth be told, if my frens and dem preaching ting me eh agree with, we go remain frens but ah finding anodder church.

use one of the quotes to express your disdain for religion and higher beings etc..

Dat go straighten dem out so fass, dey go appoint you Chair in no time.

:devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :angel: :angel:

LOL  :devil: HAHAHA
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
dem is de quotes yuh expect me to ue?

Steups.

all de anti religious statements I made over the years is dat shit you come up with? Canadian weather addle yuh brain?

giggsy11

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

Shouldn't the question be how dey should handle you?

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 05:03:25 PM »

No the question is exactly pertinent as I posed it.

giggsy11

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »

No the question is exactly pertinent as I posed it.

Jokes, aside why do you care? Is it interfering with your ability to be involved in the meetings or fulfil your duties on the committe? If yes then you can choose to resign or if no don't allow your or their personal beliefs interfere with the getting the job done.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:20:04 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 07:14:35 PM »

Is it absolutely necessary for you to be on the committee ?
If yes, then I think you should add your 2 cents in the discussion. I'm sure the discussions/conversations towards higher power and spirituality is a debatable one. Also, you seemed to hold your own in here with much interference by the believers and the chupid legal Canadians who always feel it necessary to 'defend' their beliefs.

Do ya ting man....ah have faith in ya :beermug:

1]; } ?>