April 28, 2024, 03:53:04 AM

Author Topic: Jack, Ramesh are the enemies.  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack, Ramesh are the enemies.
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:58:37 AM »
Jack, Ramesh are the enemies
Bas breaks party's code of silence
By: Louis B Homer South Bureau

UNC Political Leader Basdeo Panday broke the party's code against speaking about its internal politics in public on Monday night, launching a public campaign to, he said, expose the true intentions of dissident members Jack Warner and Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.

His silence in the face of embarrassing public utterances by his two senior politicians made him look like a fool, he said.

At the UNC's public meeting in Carapichaima, Panday, back from a trip to Scotland, said: "I will defend this party with my whole life and the time has come to put the party's business before the public and reply to the propaganda and lies".

He referred to Warner and Maharaj as "enemies".

He accused both of making a "done deal" with the PNM on the eve of the Local Government elections, and that Maharaj wanted to be part of an organisation without discipline "so that he could run parallel organisations to weaken the party for his own selfish purposes".

He said: "They want a party in which they can carry on favoritism and cliqueism and discriminate against others they believe do not support their scheming ways, and establish files on those whom they believe are against them and use it as weapons of blackmail."

Panday said he would have much dirt to reveal.

He said: "In the weeks ahead I will have a lot to say about those who want to receive large donations on behalf of the party and not be asked to account for it". He urged his supporters at the meeting that they should not be distracted "by lies, rumours propaganda and the spending of other people's money and such other dirty tricks perpetrated by the enemy."

One supporter shouted: "You should have exposed them a long time. You take too long to do it."

Panday said he had resisted bringing the problems of the party in the public domain for a long time but the two senior members of the party were taking his silence for weakness thinking that he would not reply.

He said of the meeting with Warner and Prime Minister Patrick Manning: "Up to this day he (Warner) has not reported to the party the contents of the private meeting which lasted for two and one half hours. If that is not contempt for the party, what is? If that is not indiscipline what is? It was only when he was pressured by the media and the public he made a public statement claiming that they talked about football and how he was very impressed with the decor of the house."

"I may be a fool but I detest being taken for one," said Panday

Panday said while on holiday in Scotland he was able to understand the reason why two senior members of the party wants to bring down the party instead of the government.

"They don't want change they want exchange, they want the leadership of the party," said Panday.

"Only the members of the party could give them the leadership, and if they cannot get it they will mash up the party," he charged.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Jack, Ramesh are the enemies.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
this took LONGER than I expected to come to fruition ::) ::)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
this took LONGER than I expected to come to fruition ::) ::)

Cosign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »
3 man rat playing dey arse....

None better than the other. If Ramesh and Jack were so upset and disgusted with Basdeo, why not form their own party ?They could have done so upteen times already. They have all the files to buss Basdeo and Oma.  They have their supporters. Mainly the young UNC cartel. Both of them have the money. Jack have enough financial influences right around Trinidad that could easily bring the BasdeoUNC down.  Why not divide the Party?  All ah dem full ah shit. Is only the old diehard East Indian people would side with Basdeo.  FACT!

Once Jack start to wave blue notes and start to sing promises in people face, you'll see how fast the gullible and naive would follow.   

The only hold Basdeo have over Ramesh is they Dole Chadee escapades. The only hold he has on Jack is concerning money.....etc, etc, etc. :-X

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
The saddest part of this..is the fact we (T&T public) dont have the option to vote for our political party leaders..so Panday the leader of the UNC will continue doing what he wants and therefore continue to ruin T&T politics...(I can give specifics bout manning too but i will stick to the thread topic)...I will like to know who are the political leaders the UNC and PNM have groomed within in the last 15 years to be the future leaders of their parties and possibly the country...because for the last 15+ years we have been saying the same people  (who have been in poiltics for more than 20 years) fighting for leadership (Maharaj, Panday, Manning, Rowley etc)..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
steups....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
This is what makes Patrick Manning the BEST politician in Trinidad.  He have he party under wraps, no way yuh could challenge his leadership...up to now anyway!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »
This is what makes Patrick Manning the BEST politician in Trinidad.  He have he party under wraps, no way yuh could challenge his leadership...up to now anyway!
jus like hitler....................TT could learn a ting or from the french revolution......... IMO
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:17:05 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »
jus like hitler....................TT could learn a ting or from the french revolution......... IMO

Hitler?

Are you f**king serious?

sigh********

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 08:42:08 AM »

A trait of a good leader.... long live the PNM....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
The saddest part of this..is the fact we (T&T public) dont have the option to vote for our political party leaders..so Panday the leader of the UNC will continue doing what he wants and therefore continue to ruin T&T politics...(I can give specifics bout manning too but i will stick to the thread topic)...I will like to know who are the political leaders the UNC and PNM have groomed within in the last 15 years to be the future leaders of their parties and possibly the country...because for the last 15+ years we have been saying the same people  (who have been in poiltics for more than 20 years) fighting for leadership (Maharaj, Panday, Manning, Rowley etc)..
Party members have the right to choose the Political Leader of the party. Do you advocate members of the public  voting for the leadership of parties with which they have no membership ?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:01:00 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
Party members have the right to choose the Political Leader of the party. Do you advocate members of the public  voting for the leadership of parties with which they have no membership ?

lol no memebership?...this is not a school club...this is a national political party that have representatives that represent sectors of the country and will have a leader that can possibly represent the nation, and you saying the country should not have a say on who should be the leader..the same people you claim have no memebership are the same people taxes who are paying their salaries..They are public servants so the people they serving should have reasonable influence...what is the members of the party were to choose a leaderfor the country that most people in the country dont want to lead them then i guess the people have to haul dey Arse cause they are not members of the party..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

lol no memebership?...this is not a school club...this is a national political party that have representatives that represent sectors of the country and will have a leader that can possibly represent the nation, and you saying the country should not have a say on who should be the leader..the same people you claim have no memebership are the same people taxes who are paying their salaries..They are public servants so the people they serving should have reasonable influence...what is the members of the party were to choose a leaderfor the country that most people in the country dont want to lead them then i guess the people have to haul dey Arse cause they are not members of the party..

A political party is an organisation with shared interests working to promote and implement their specific political and economic agenda. The party like any association has the right to decide the method by which its leadership should be selected. Most political parties around the world allow only members to elect the executive and political leadership. If the public have problems with the leaders of any party it is their prerogative to select someone else when national elections occur.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »

A political party is an organisation with shared interests working to promote and implement their specific political and economic agenda. The party like any association has the right to decide the method by which its leadership should be selected. Most political parties around the world allow only members to elect the executive and political leadership. If the public have problems with the leaders of any party it is their prerogative to select someone else when national elections occur.

lol you giving me definitions on how and what is the criteria of a political party choosing its leader..i didnt know that was an issue..i never said thats not the procerss...i am pointing out too you how much input the people have in choosing its party political leader..the party belongs to the people, its not a private club..whenever you ready you can answer that particular issue........but like you said the people only have the option to choose the leader that was chosen by the party reps..but according to you most governments around the world do it this way so its ok..and i dont plan to go back and forth with you if you going to change the agenda
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 04:14:16 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »
is the UNC even a relevant entity anymore?

they seem more like a soap opera than anything else.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
is the UNC even a relevant entity anymore?
they seem more like a soap opera than anything else.

If the elections call in de morning, you will see....dey wouldn't win the election but they will certainly win seats....steups..I just fed up feeling handicapped between these 2 parties...*sigh*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:36:46 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »
ent it have another one now? CP or something so?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
schupsss, panday need to ride off into the sunset and manning is no better either, we need new blood, untainted for that fact

1]; } ?>