March 28, 2024, 03:04:02 PM

Author Topic: What else can Cornell Glen do?  (Read 10044 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What else can Cornell Glen do?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
Palos what happen, ent you was the one who was telling us to keep faith in Mats  :devil:

Not Latapy de saviour?  He not de one pick de side?  I tort allyuh say Yorke & Latas runnin tings now?

Or if tings doh go accordin to "plan" is Maturana fault but if is someting peeps like is because Latas do it?

I jes curious.... 8)

We have a good idea who Latas go be picking, to a large extent anyways, but you never know who Mats go pick.

Fellas problem is not so much the licks we taking from the likes of Grenada etc, but is the blasted sea sickness that come from the selection ride

And doh try dah one, Latas and Yorkie getting enough heat these days, at least they are the devil we KNOW.

Mats is just a plain enigma, and that is what men can't take

So the assistant coach picking half the team and then the head coach picking the other half  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
hear nah scotland is a hound when coming to internationals, hes a good club player but not good when playing for his country, some ballers like that, they good for club but a hound for their country, i dont know why men cant accept that, roberts is much better, faster, better dribbler, runs back to assist the mid and plays better for the nation.

Scotland has more int'l goals than KJ and Roberts combined
And was one of the best players against Guatemala and USA.

But he doh run fast or beats so he's a hound, I guess.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 11:49:25 AM »
Palos what happen, ent you was the one who was telling us to keep faith in Mats  :devil:

Not Latapy de saviour?  He not de one pick de side?  I tort allyuh say Yorke & Latas runnin tings now?

Or if tings doh go accordin to "plan" is Maturana fault but if is someting peeps like is because Latas do it?

I jes curious.... 8)

Palos yuh tiefing meh post or what.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
hear nah scotland is a hound when coming to internationals, hes a good club player but not good when playing for his country, some ballers like that, they good for club but a hound for their country, i dont know why men cant accept that, roberts is much better, faster, better dribbler, runs back to assist the mid and plays better for the nation.

Out of those three who has the better strike rate?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:37 AM »
Elan, Maturana was making puzzling selections way before Latapy came on board. Latas will share in the blame, but is not he who is the head coach, nor is he final arbiter of who is called up and picked.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »
I jes curious.... 8)
Palos,
ya ever hear of "The Spetial Advithor"
he run tings..............and his antics are legendary
as I have said before
even if we had Pele was our coach
AJW would find ways to KCUF Pele up also.............ah lie?
He keep he ass quiet and do as he was told when Beenie was dey doh.
right right...i stand corrected
i did only book and pay for meh seat on the bandwagon at the end of 2005
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:58:23 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »

Scotland

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
Allyuh eh go like it but ah go say it anyway.

Padnah ting go be we demise in dis Hex if it continue unabated.

Is padnah ting cost we 3 points in El Salvador

And is padnah ting dat have Cornell Glen not assumin his RIGHTFUL PLACE BASED ON PERFORMANCE in de team.

It didn't have no padnah ting under Beenie.  Neither under Wim.  It was present under Porterfield but not under Simoes.

Initially it wasn't present under Maturana needah.  Now it back in full force.  

There is NO LEGITIMATE FOOTBALL REASON why Cornell Glen cannot make dis team.   Yuh pick 3 strikers who have similar attributes.  Maybe we plannin to batter Honduras into submission or sumting.

Jes my opinion.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

Scotland

cool

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »

And is padnah ting dat have Cornell Glen not assumin his RIGHTFUL PLACE BASED ON PERFORMANCE in de team.

It didn't have no padnah ting under Beenie.  Neither under Wim.  It was present under Porterfield but not under Simoes.

There is NO LEGITIMATE FOOTBALL REASON why Cornell Glen cannot make dis team.   Yuh pick 3 strikers who have similar attributes.  Maybe we plannin to batter Honduras into submission or sumting.

Jes my opinion.
We know he most likely playing 4-5-1. We know most times he doh ever change from dat formation, no matter how de game going. De strikers he call are strikers who comfortable playing de 1. Cornell isn't. And as long as we sticking wit 4-5-1, Cornell always going to be left out or on de bench.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Jes my opinion.
We know he most likely playing 4-5-1. We know most times he doh ever change from dat formation, no matter how de game going. De strikers he call are strikers who comfortable playing de 1. Cornell isn't. And as long as we sticking wit 4-5-1, Cornell always going to be left out or on de bench.

So you tellin me he play 4-4-2 or some formation OTHER than 4-5-1 for the games in Argentina and against Panama?

Or de fact dat Cornall Glen score in every one a dem matches must be was a typo from de TTFF?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »
We had four striker in de squad vs El Salvador.  Why couldn't they go with four strikers again and include Glen?  I doh know how dropping Glen could be justified.  If we really being fair Kenwyne Jones should be the odd man out.  Stern John outplayed Jones vs El Salvador, Scotland in rippin form and Glen scoring regularly for T&T.  Kenwyne Jones did very little vs El Salvador and his current form has taken a dip.  

I wish Maturana and Latapy would explain the reasoning behind their selections.
dat is a matter of opinion..doh I was relatively happy with both their play,  if 2 players competing for the same position, then it will depend on who else can be selected, to compliment the individual, but if the 2 players are playing on the field at the sametime, playing 2 different positions and roles, ah don't know how ppl could evaluate and compare them without actually seeing what the coach, who give them their instructions, seeing...For me they both played well, could someone else, outside the field play either position on that day better ? doubt it..
thus selection should not, cannot be just based on form, history, age, but also on who else is being selected for the team...if Matalatas plan is to go with 2 forwards 1st half and 1 2nd half, or 3 whole game, would depend on who he starting in mid, which depends on who in defense etc..no? 
so for me if I understand what they were trying to do (only ah Jumbie could be sure, not even we jumbie), I will say Jones was the more correct player, he created a few chances for Stern, it would not be Stern job to create, as much as to score, why, he has shown most likely too..did Jones make slight errors, yes, was it to the detriment of his job/purpose, no...but it's way easier to analyze, than knowing the correct prep...beauty bout this game.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
I am sorry to say, but Glenn has not been playing well for some time and this was coming. 
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »
We had four striker in de squad vs El Salvador.  Why couldn't they go with four strikers again and include Glen?  I doh know how dropping Glen could be justified.  If we really being fair Kenwyne Jones should be the odd man out.  Stern John outplayed Jones vs El Salvador, Scotland in rippin form and Glen scoring regularly for T&T.  Kenwyne Jones did very little vs El Salvador and his current form has taken a dip.  

dat is a matter of opinion..doh I was relatively happy with both their play,  if 2 players competing for the same position, then it will depend on who else can be selected, to compliment the individual, but if the 2 players are playing on the field at the sametime, playing 2 different positions and roles, ah don't know how ppl could evaluate and compare them without actually seeing what the coach, who give them their instructions, seeing...For me they both played well, could someone else, outside the field play either position on that day better ? doubt it..
thus selection should not, cannot be just based on form, history, age, but also on who else is being selected for the team...if Matalatas plan is to go with 2 forwards 1st half and 1 2nd half, or 3 whole game, would depend on who he starting in mid, which depends on who in defense etc..no? 
so for me if I understand what they were trying to do (only ah Jumbie could be sure, not even we jumbie), I will say Jones was the more correct player, he created a few chances for Stern, it would not be Stern job to create, as much as to score, why, he has shown most likely too..did Jones make slight errors, yes, was it to the detriment of his job/purpose, no...but it's way easier to analyze, than knowing the correct prep...beauty bout this game.

KJ did nothing...there is no excuse or other evaluation than he pull stones.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »
I am sorry to say, but Glenn has not been playing well for some time and this was coming. 

Stern John score in March?  Fuh anybody?

How about February?

How about this year?

How about December last year?

He even startin for his club?

How much form he have?  Jes curious.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »
Well for starters he could shift to his rightful position which is on the far right or left. I am sorry but Cornell aint no striker at the top level of football. I am fully in agreement with the strikers named. he could , however, be called to the midfiled. That little box in front of the goal is not friendly to players who cant play with their backs facing it.
Its a good thing the "friend" thing start becz without the "friend" thing and Mats alone we might have gotten 5 in ES. I would like someone to explain to me how Hislop even around a national team..when there are so many better options like JJ, Primus just to name a couple. If it aint friend thing then somebody dislikes the.............. af(r)ormentioned.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »

How about February?

How about this year?

Although the former Birmingham star has struggled to hold down a regular place in Johnson's Championship starting line-up, he has still played a significant part in Bristol City's rise up the table.

An experienced campaigner, John has consistently created chances for others and helped bring out the best in 22-year-old Nicky Maynard.

Johnson remains happy with the Trinidadian's contribution. He said: "Stern is one of those players who does a lot of things which go unnoticed.

"Stern is good with his back to goal, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. He's in the team because he deserves to be."

The job of a lone forward. How well does Cornell do it?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »

Jes my opinion.

Palos yuh letting yuh emotions get de better of you ....

Ah find it hard that yuh would resort to cling tuh ah blatant lie, from ah idiot calling heself ah reporter name andre baptiste . Yuh cyar be so distraught tuh choose tuh believe that,  when yuh know dat was ah imps bumping he gum bout what he doh know .

What performance ? Go back and look at every meaningful game CG has started for TnT and you would see he cannot cut it ,plain and simple.Blowing past defenders in paractice and meaningless friendlies is one thing ,but everytime he get ah start or come on in ah meaningfull game, and de bright lights turn on ,he does disappear . Go and look at the ES game and tell meh how much times he touch de ball when come on .

There is NO LEGITIMATE FOOTBALL REASON why Cornell Glen cannot make dis team.   Yuh pick 3 strikers who have similar attributes

I'll give yuh 3 reasons   1.Stern John holds de line and brings the midfield into play and as for scoring for TnT he is in ah different league to any striker we have right now ..yes right now.  2. KJ and Scottland have more expierence playing against better competition day in day out ..
This eh no padnah ting and to suggest that #14 need tuh have ah padnah picking de side fuh him tuh get pick and not becuz of his proven ability tuh score for TnT ,like no other ,is amusing .
Palos is not padnah ting  CG just not better than the 3 strikers they pick .If he was any better than them he wudda gotten a contract tuh play in europe after he run rong Cole in de WC ,buh guess wha he playing fuh Mau Pau ...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »

What I can understand is we love affair with SJ at this point in his career....

Stern John of 3 years ago... I would say yes, but not the John of today.... absolutely not.

Més que un club.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »

How about February?

How about this year?

Who CG playing for again and in what league ?

How much goal CG score for TnT ,forget about this month or last month ..how much goals he score for TnT in his career .

Who he playing for again

How much goal he score in practice
(have tuh ask bcuz dais de only place he does score for TnT on ah regular basis )

How much goal he score in friendlies .(same questions as de one above in brackets )

How much times he score for Tnt that made us qualify for something

Who he playing for again

How much times he touch de ball againsT ES

All yuh was calling for beenie tuh bench #14 b4 de last hex and thank god beenie never listen tuh all yuh becuz we wud ah never know what is is tuh go tuh ah WC ....doh worry it eh go be the fuss time #14 make man eat they words , Palos you eh go be the fuss and definately eh go be de last .
Yuh bigging up ah practice champ who does excell when when it doh matter and when come fuh real game he is no where to be seen .

p.s ....who he playing for again  :devil:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
When was the last time SJ play a full game on any team?

Who Daniel the next big thing playing for?

What about Carlos Edwards?

Chris BIrchall?

Dwight YOrke?

Russell Latapy that will be anchoring the midfield?

We need Cornell Glen and and Scotland on the field at the same time. These men tusty and the other to on big man scene.

KJ can't help he team to score in a Brothel and they not even letting SJ in the brothel, while Scotland and Glen with the form they in will score in ah Convent.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/itTzVcQXQsk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/itTzVcQXQsk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zkbo5awvBQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zkbo5awvBQ&amp;feature=related</a>

Watch at 6.30 in this video.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHWwU6QozkM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HHWwU6QozkM</a>

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »
I say it before and i will say it again....dropping cornell for stern is utter rubbish. It doh matter how much goals stern score in he career, allyuh always comin wid dat chupid justification for the man being on the team. The man cyah cut and paste any ah dem goal and put it in the game against Honduras.....he go have to score it in the present and not in the past and he not scoring, or even playin at present.
Cornell might be playin on a small team here, but better to have ah man who playin a full 90 regular for a small team than ah man who eh sweatin at all on ah bigger small team...cause he cyah get no form while sitting on the bench by osmosis.

Ah set ah historian on here about who score more goal in dem career and who is top goal scorer...like that go help we against Honduras...it eh help we against E.S. ent? steupsssssssssss utter madness.
The man working hard, why dem eh drop the men dem in the middle who givin him ah set ah bad ball and camel ball to run down instead ah givin him ah proper pass...all i hearing and does be seein is bad pass to Glen!!

Allyuh good yes....Stern in front ah glen is utter crap...bottom line
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
I say it before and i will say it again....dropping cornell for stern is utter rubbish.
We drop Cornell for Stern? They were both on the team the last time. Seems he get drop for Scotty. Still rubbish?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
Cornell might be playin on a small team here, but better to have ah man who playin a full 90 regular for a small team than ah man who eh sweatin at all on ah bigger small team...cause he cyah get no form while sitting on the bench by osmosis.

How many matches Cornell play in the past few months for his club?  Before today, Stern had started the past 3 matches in a row and came off the bench in countless other matches before that recently in a very competitive league (not some jokey training matches in Argentina).  And even though he didn't score his manager was very happy with how he played

But I agree with you that the midfielders should get dropped too, they should call up Roberts and Samuel
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:13:37 PM by arrow »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »

How many matches Cornell play in the past few months for his club?  Before today, Stern had started the past 3 matches in a row and came off the bench in countless other matches before that recently in a very competitive league (not some jokey training matches in Argentina).  And even though he didn't score his manager was very happy with how he played

But I agree with you that the midfielders should get dropped too, they should call up Roberts and Samuel

and exactly how was the training in argentina a joke? ??? playing against guyana or a local club would have been a joke as prep, argentina plays a similar brand of football to central america, it was a good idea and good prep

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

and exactly how was the training in argentina a joke? ??? playing against guyana or a local club would have been a joke as prep, argentina plays a similar brand of football to central america, it was a good idea and good prep
Did you see the videos? They were training scrimmages.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

I suppose in theory if those Argentinian teams had any reason to take those matches seriously then you're right, that could have been good prep...but alas

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »

KJ did nothing...there is no excuse or other evaluation than he pull stones.
an I was under the impression most of Stern passes, came from KJ.....musbe ah different game..sorry

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
I say it before and i will say it again....dropping cornell for stern is utter rubbish. It doh matter how much goals stern score in he career, allyuh always comin wid dat chupid justification for the man being on the team.

:rotfl: :rotfl:   :rotfl: :rotfl: You have tuh be ah comedian  :rotfl: 

Yuh right he goals shud not be a factor in his selection, Mats n dem shud be pick him becuz he's score de most runs for TnT ... . Mats and dem must be going mad ..how de fact they cud justify picking SJ over CG ..What de fact  # 14 performance in the last game have tuh do with anything ,so what if is he assist on Carlos goal anybody else cudda do dat ....and was awarded a penalty after being dragged down in de box for our 2nd goal ,buh anybody cudda do dat also ...doh even mention he was our best player on the pitch in what was out last  WC qualifier . So yuh right Mats and dem shud listen tuh ppl like all yuh and  find another reason ,tuh leave out #14 over CG becuz selecting him just becuz he's TnT all time leading goal scorer shud not count . The fact that he score more goal for TnT than CG ,wid he left foot alone shud not be a factor ,after all CG just rip up de Argentine scrimiges league right ?

Ah cud tell yuh dis for fact ...if is one striker ALL dem other teams in de hex have respek for is #14 ,why, becuz dey know he is de only TnT striker that show he cud score on any defense in the concacaf .

When come to scoring goals ,in any league ,anywhere , CG not in SJ class ..deal wid it.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>