April 23, 2024, 01:45:00 PM

Author Topic: What else can Cornell Glen do?  (Read 10125 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: What else can Cornell Glen do?
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
Cornell get the back seat fuh this game because of the superiority of men playing in top form for club teams. They should have let him play in middle and take Theobald spot. Cobo and Latas experimenting but he should not have left off the roster. My two cents.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
Cornell get the back seat fuh this game because of the superiority of men playing in top form for club teams. They should have let him play in middle and take Theobald spot. Cobo and Latas experimenting but he should not have left off the roster. My two cents.  ;D

Who in top form for club? Any club.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

Who in top form for club? Any club.

Thanks for the correction... besides Scotty the others because of playng overseas, I guess. But if yuh want the truth...it might hurt some people's feelings on here. The coaches trying ah ting with the addition to Scotty. If he don't shine in this game, look for Glen to return in the next match.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
There is no reason to drop Glen.  All they had to do is have 4 strikers instead of three.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
Yuh know wha killing most people i feel? De inconsistency in selection policy. Like it doh matter wha de hell happen...yuh place book. Men eh play in months....now getting back match fitness and getting call. Men eh have no club..and dey place booked. Now....if anything....glenn adds another dimension to the attack. Buh....it have two sacred cows in front of him...Stern John..Kenwyne Jones. No scene. Den yuh have Scotland who scoring ad nauseum. So..who to leave out? Either way..yuh go have somebody not pleased. I personally woulda keep glenn for the said reason that he have one thing most of the others doh have...blistering speed. If yuh doh have a plan b..and plan a eh wukkin...yuh in a mess. We doh have a plan B it seem. In fact....de kinda squad dat getting pick...we doh have a plan...period.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
Yuh know wha killing most people i feel? De inconsistency in selection policy. Like it doh matter wha de hell happen...yuh place book. Men eh play in months....now getting back match fitness and getting call. Men eh have no club..and dey place booked. Now....if anything....glenn adds another dimension to the attack. Buh....it have two sacred cows in front of him...Stern John..Kenwyne Jones. No scene. Den yuh have Scotland who scoring ad nauseum. So..who to leave out? Either way..yuh go have somebody not pleased. I personally woulda keep glenn for the said reason that he have one thing most of the others doh have...blistering speed. If yuh doh have a plan b..and plan a eh wukkin...yuh in a mess. We doh have a plan B it seem. In fact....de kinda squad dat getting pick...we doh have a plan...period.

We did not need 3 keepers in final squad, we could have had the 3 keepers in Training and then cut one for the final squad and include another field player. What are the odds you will need 3 keepers during the game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »

We did not need 3 keepers in final squad, we could have had the 3 keepers in Training and then cut one for the final squad and include another field player. What are the odds you will need 3 keepers during the game.

Yeah all dat. Buh based on the injury rationale....i wouldnt mention that simply because some kinda justification was given for doing that. Buh why 4 defenders? Exact 4? Why Glenn get leave out? All dem kinda ting.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
I say it before and i will say it again....dropping cornell for stern is utter rubbish. It doh matter how much goals stern score in he career, allyuh always comin wid dat chupid justification for the man being on the team.

:rotfl: :rotfl:   :rotfl: :rotfl: You have tuh be ah comedian  :rotfl: 

Yuh right he goals shud not be a factor in his selection, Mats n dem shud be pick him becuz he's score de most runs for TnT ... . Mats and dem must be going mad ..how de fact they cud justify picking SJ over CG ..What de fact  # 14 performance in the last game have tuh do with anything ,so what if is he assist on Carlos goal anybody else cudda do dat ....and was awarded a penalty after being dragged down in de box for our 2nd goal ,buh anybody cudda do dat also ...doh even mention he was our best player on the pitch in what was out last  WC qualifier . So yuh right Mats and dem shud listen tuh ppl like all yuh and  find another reason ,tuh leave out #14 over CG becuz selecting him just becuz he's TnT all time leading goal scorer shud not count . The fact that he score more goal for TnT than CG ,wid he left foot alone shud not be a factor ,after all CG just rip up de Argentine scrimiges league right ?

Ah cud tell yuh dis for fact ...if is one striker ALL dem other teams in de hex have respek for is #14 ,why, becuz dey know he is de only TnT striker that show he cud score on any defense in the concacaf .

When come to scoring goals ,in any league ,anywhere , CG not in SJ class ..deal wid it.

you is ah joker...and clearly not watchin dem game and dem seriously so i eh even goin and beat up my keyboard for u
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »
I say it before and i will say it again....dropping cornell for stern is utter rubbish. It doh matter how much goals stern score in he career, allyuh always comin wid dat chupid justification for the man being on the team.

:rotfl: :rotfl:   :rotfl: :rotfl: You have tuh be ah comedian  :rotfl: 

Yuh right he goals shud not be a factor in his selection, Mats n dem shud be pick him becuz he's score de most runs for TnT ... . Mats and dem must be going mad ..how de fact they cud justify picking SJ over CG ..What de fact  # 14 performance in the last game have tuh do with anything ,so what if is he assist on Carlos goal anybody else cudda do dat ....and was awarded a penalty after being dragged down in de box for our 2nd goal ,buh anybody cudda do dat also ...doh even mention he was our best player on the pitch in what was out last  WC qualifier . So yuh right Mats and dem shud listen tuh ppl like all yuh and  find another reason ,tuh leave out #14 over CG becuz selecting him just becuz he's TnT all time leading goal scorer shud not count . The fact that he score more goal for TnT than CG ,wid he left foot alone shud not be a factor ,after all CG just rip up de Argentine scrimiges league right ?

Ah cud tell yuh dis for fact ...if is one striker ALL dem other teams in de hex have respek for is #14 ,why, becuz dey know he is de only TnT striker that show he cud score on any defense in the concacaf .

When come to scoring goals ,in any league ,anywhere , CG not in SJ class ..deal wid it.

you is ah joker...and clearly not watchin dem game and dem seriously so i eh even goin and beat up my keyboard for u

Dais yuh problem ..yuh have absoutely nuttin tuh say that cud justify CG being selected over SJ KJ and JS , and yuh logic about #14 selection ... '' It doh matter how much goals stern score in he career, allyuh always comin wid dat chupid justification for the man being on the team.''  :rotfl: :rotfl: ..that only prove you shud be in ah line up wid Tommy Joseph and Sprangalang talking shit .
Yuh must want tuh 'beat up yuh computer ' becuz yuh cyar come up with anything of substance to show CG is a better player/striker than #14 .Dais ah losing battle yuh fighting and it show just how little yuh really know bout de game .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:20:59 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2009, 07:52:48 AM »

aaaaahhhh boy Burbon ah think what yuh just define there is what has now become the infamous yet baffling Corbeaux Brand.  But doh worry, if we confused imagine how we opponents must be in a real market crab situation right now, after all who could scout dis side??.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »
relax.... Glen get drop and ... it have bigger players who get drop on bigger teams. We can never be sure unless we was they with Latas and Mats to hear the rationale. One can only speculate.

It may be a strategic pic/drop because we find our selves short in the middle.. no Dwight, no Birchall... so maybe Mats thinking we need one forward and pack up the middle. With one forward, we go need a Scotty, Stern or KJ to hold up the ball. Latas can also be used as a forward if at anypoint we think we may need two. Man talking about Glen score last game yadda yadda yadda....Latas score against USA but that does not translate into him playing in every game

I like Glen game because of the lil variety but if Mats have it in he mind to use one forward, it would make no sense picking Glen in this squad.. just go with an extra midfielder
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:46:47 AM by College »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
This topic real interesting,you all can talk about Cobeau brand and what ever you want to call it,there could be a number of excuses for what's going on or taking place with the national team.

One thing is we thought with Anton gone things would be different but it seems it has only made things worse with the Little Magician coming,everybody was happy but the problems just keep coming,always remember don't matter who in charge it's the same players and situations the Coaches have to deal with,Palos was right when he said we thought our preys were answered.

In this game this don't happen like that,you can't be putting plasters on sores and think that heals the sore,if we don't correct our mistakes they going to be repeated,our problem is we are making the same mistakes over and over again,Football today real easy because if you can win one game in a qualifying tournament and qualify for a WC final that should tell us something,if you can win one game in a qualifying tournament and people on here rating us as the top country in this region that should tell us something.

Guys we have to get off our high horses and stop fooling ourselves,look at Football with an open mind and be constructive in your criticism of players and the team,we can be critical of players without putting them down,no player plays the same game every game,not because a players has a bad game he should be dropped,i know these problems would surface because from the time peeps on here want all those players from the last WC to play,it is bound to happen when things start going wrong,i will always say thanks for the blacklist because we would have had a total 2006 team,these guys gone through,playing on past performance and name etc etc i'm not saying none should play but a lot of these guys benching on struggling to get a team to play on but are our top players when selections are made.

I can't understand this Coach/player position given to Latapy,he could never be effective because he has to discipline and make important decisions for the guys he limes,drink and smoke with,everybody was happy with our U20 team playing in the Pro league,yes may be it qualified them for the WC but i don't see how it's good for the development of that team,also it's not good for the Pro league in general,if that league has any credibility at all those teams should just be demoralizing that U20 team,in other words it's not good for the improvement of the game in the country.

FYI....when i said this i got cuss,Sunderland have too much Trini's on it,we still want to blame Roy Keene?        

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
What can Cornell Glen do?
Play better.

[/quote]
I am sorry to say, but Glenn has not been playing well for some time and this was coming. 
Glad I'm not the only one who notced this, this guy probably plays good ball for 15 minutes in the game then switches off, I remember watching him as our premier striker under mats against Guatemala in the HCS and continuously being let down by his poor decision making in terms of shot selection..he tried the same outrageous volley three times...he gives up far too easily...if you people call stern john lazy..I want you all really watch Cornell Glen off the ball the demeanor sometimes...against El Salvador if he had show a bit more hustle he would have actually touched the ball.... but instead he din even try to close down space anything..the ball had to come to him for him to be interested...plus he try a kinda intercol defender thing in a big man match...he rel naive wen it comes to International footy..particularly for a man who played in the WC..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/itTzVcQXQsk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/itTzVcQXQsk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zkbo5awvBQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zkbo5awvBQ&amp;feature=related</a>

Watch at 6.30 in this video.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHWwU6QozkM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HHWwU6QozkM</a>

I remember those MLS goals and I remember saying then if he continued to improve he would CONCACAF's equivalent to Samuel Eto'o...fact is he didn't improve...

If he was so great why is it he NEVER got an extended run WITH ANY of those MLS teams he was with?
I really was hoping for him to become better but especially since the injury at the WC, he has regressed.. I was surprised he was dropped but not devastated

This should not be a Stern vs Glen argument..but seeing as people want to make it one..

How many times has Stern John been written off by fans club and country?
How many times has proven the doubters wrong?

How many bligh Trinidadians give Cornell Glen cuz he have rel pace and exciting?
How many times has that faith been repaid?

Wasn't Stern (penalty miss aside) one of our better players in El Salvador?
What exactly did Cornell Glen do in his 20+ minutes on the field?

How many youtube clips of Cornell Glen scoring can you find?
How many youtube clips can you find of Stern John scoring in the last three years?

But Cornell if you reading..play better brother you have potential to do a lot better...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:44:44 AM by Arazi »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »
Sorry...but dis is fackries.

De man score in every game yuh play in Argentina

He score in de one practice match yuh have against Panama.

He is a striker.....he job is to score.  He doin he job.

But yuh tun rong and pick a man who stugglin to make bench fuh he club?

What else Cornell Glen mus do?  Gi somebody a handjob or sumting? 

I sorry....droppin Cornell Glen is a travesty! 
glen is mi boy , but he cost us a gold cup appearance and trini coach guh mek him suffer for dat . I honestly feal sey dat stern should be dropped not because he cost us 3 points but because he outta form bad.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline NJsTriniGunna

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
Why can't we have this problem with defenders? We have a bunch of pretty good strikers, but it seems the defense is not up to par.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
Cornel Glen is the Best we have for running at defense and stressing them, Sweden was no different.

Glen is D Man[/size]

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2009, 07:07:07 AM »
One one the major reasons Cornell Glen has had problems succeeding overseas is injuries.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
Cornell should have a chance at least in a WCQ. At least you can argue he should have more of a chance than lame Stern John, who I feel should never be recalled into a TNT squad again.
Hart for president

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
Cornell should have a chance at least in a WCQ. At least you can argue he should have more of a chance than lame Stern John, who I feel should never be recalled into a TNT squad again.

Dais being real harsh dread.  If there is one player who earn the right to prove that he is washed up, whenever that time come, is Stern John. 

He was arguably the most effective player in the El Salvador game.  I vex Cornell Glen get left out too but Stern shouldn't get blame for that.

Online Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »
HE. WAS. ONE. OF. THE. BEST. PLAYERS. AGAINST. EL. SALVADOR!

I eh even a Stern John fan like dat, but allyuh making me defend de man hard wit allyuh dotishness. He play good so drop him? He play good so he should retire? He play good so he lame? Man making blind emotional arguments against somebody dey doh like without de support of coherent reasons.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
HE. WAS. ONE. OF. THE. BEST. PLAYERS. AGAINST. EL. SALVADOR!

I eh even a Stern John fan like dat, but allyuh making me defend de man hard wit allyuh dotishness. He play good so drop him? He play good so he should retire? He play good so he lame? Man making blind emotional arguments against somebody dey doh like without de support of coherent reasons.

I agree with that, however set pieces are not what u use to get your groove back, but he should be on the team, atleast
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:45 AM »
All this SJ for CG nonsense is just that.  If anything the best forward to be on the field with CG is actually Stern or possibly Scotty for their abilities to hold up play and help set up opportunities.  I like CG speed and ability to twist players around when he runs at them, but the Hundurans aren't a slow team.  They are also not one of teams that allow breakaway opportunities often.  To beat Honduras we will need to rely on tactics, execution and strength.  Stern KJ or Scotty KJ will be the best combos.  If anyone should have been left out up front I would say KJ but I not privy to the practices and how Mats and Latas making decisions.  Based on the last Hex game, Stern earned his keep.  Scotty is on blistering form and if KJ could trap ah ball he could do similar things to Glen but in a stronger frame.  Glen will be recalled when we play opponents where his speed can provide a clearly concieved advantage.  Against Honduras I eh see how his attribute providing that advantage.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

Dais being real harsh dread.  If there is one player who earn the right to prove that he is washed up, whenever that time come, is Stern John. 

He was arguably the most effective player in the El Salvador game.  I vex Cornell Glen get left out too but Stern shouldn't get blame for that.

But he has earned that right to prove he is washed up! He has proven it time and time again.
Hart for president

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
All this SJ for CG nonsense is just that.  If anything the best forward to be on the field with CG is actually Stern or possibly Scotty for their abilities to hold up play and help set up opportunities.  I like CG speed and ability to twist players around when he runs at them, but the Hundurans aren't a slow team.  They are also not one of teams that allow breakaway opportunities often.  To beat Honduras we will need to rely on tactics, execution and strength.  Stern KJ or Scotty KJ will be the best combos.  If anyone should have been left out up front I would say KJ but I not privy to the practices and how Mats and Latas making decisions.  Based on the last Hex game, Stern earned his keep.  Scotty is on blistering form and if KJ could trap ah ball he could do similar things to Glen but in a stronger frame.  Glen will be recalled when we play opponents where his speed can provide a clearly concieved advantage.  Against Honduras I eh see how his attribute providing that advantage.

totally agree OP, yet we have 2 games.teams to play, 1st at home, It wouldn't have been ah major setback to have Glen in camp/roster. An match day, more choices available. Yet to omit the one regular completely, not helping our team. Ah hope he doh have to buy ah ticket too

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
totally agree OP, yet we have 2 games.teams to play, 1st at home, It wouldn't have been ah major setback to have Glen in camp/roster. An match day, more choices available. Yet to omit the one regular completely, not helping our team. Ah hope he doh have to buy ah ticket too

For consistency purposes I would have kept him, but I eh go leh my blood pressha rise because he geh leave out fuh deze 2 games.  So far this campaign we see other men we see as key get left out and we still in the hunt.  He eh go ha to buy no ticket cause Mau Pau will be training that day :devil:

1]; } ?>