March 29, 2024, 09:54:43 AM

Author Topic: What else can Cornell Glen do?  (Read 10053 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
What else can Cornell Glen do?
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
Sorry...but dis is fackries.

De man score in every game yuh play in Argentina

He score in de one practice match yuh have against Panama.

He is a striker.....he job is to score.  He doin he job.

But yuh tun rong and pick a man who stugglin to make bench fuh he club?

What else Cornell Glen mus do?  Gi somebody a handjob or sumting? 

I sorry....droppin Cornell Glen is a travesty! 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: What else can Cornell Glen do?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »
Palos...Are you Glen's gyulfriend or he's ur boyfriend ??  which one ?  :devil:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
Sorry...but dis is fackries.

De man score in every game yuh play in Argentina

He is a striker.....he job is to score.  He doin he job.

But yuh tun rong and pick a man who stugglin to make bench fuh he club?

What else Cornell Glen mus do?  Gi somebody a handjob or sumting? 

I sorry....droppin Cornell Glen is a travesty! 

Its called the Cobo brand Palos! Why yuh panicking?!

Maturana has mastered the art of keeping everyone confused and not just opponents but even the players on his own team!

No one is guaranteed to get picked even if yuh scoring and doing your job!

Right now Honduras doh know what to expect!! No one can scout we, its a waste of time and money!  ;)

Big-up to coach Maturana, you are the Cobo Master!!  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:17:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:30:52 AM »
Which of the chosen strikers is struggling to make the bench?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
I agree with you Palos.

But remember you was de man defending de Colombian all de time.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »
Yea boy dis real shit I cant believe Mats didn't call him up to play right back

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:43:05 AM »
WWBSD......What Would Brent Sancho Do?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »

Hi gyul name candice.... not Palos...

Spoke to him yesterday and he was devastated... especially after he scored against Panama.

What I can understand is we love affair with SJ at this point in his career....

Stern John of 3 years ago... I would say yes, but not the John of today.... absolutely not.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »

Stern John of 3 years ago... I would say yes, but not the John of today.... absolutely not.
But... the Stern John of today outperformed the Kenwyne of today. Some people seem to be conveniently overlooking this in their rush to dismiss him. No calls to drop or bench Kenwyne?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:54:39 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »

But... the Stern John of today outperformed the Kenwyne of today. Some people seem to be conveniently overlooking this.

To be honest with yuh... true that... my first choice pic is Scotty and Glenn, or Scotty, Jones with the addition of Sealey or Roberts.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »
a. get ah English visa ?
b. make oneself unavailable due to club commitments (even MauPau)
c. next team practice for a Friendly, take care of personal business
d. change name to Glenno
e. all of the above

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »

He scored a penalty that another striker created (we already have Stern for that)

I didn't see the match but from reports he didn't have a good match and failed to impress.  The other strikers are in mid-season, playing every week at a higher level and more match fit

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »
I think Glenn deserves to be on the team but you have to agree that Stern look good in the last game better than KJ  ...so who should they should drop?...Jones? who has not looked good lately...Scotland...who has had an unbelievable season for his club but hasnt really shown his quality with the senior team...or Stern who hasn't played but looked good for us?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »

Hi gyul name candice.... not Palos...

Spoke to him yesterday and he was devastated... especially after he scored against Panama.

and why do we need to know all this??

anyway.. is ah real travesty that Glen get drop. I find he should have started the El Salvador game in front of Stern coming off an excellent tour in Argentina.

What was the point of that tour anyway? There was so much positive that went on in that 2 weeks.. The players gained fitness and cohesion, competition for places plus a chances to work at length with the new coaching setup. They got some good results as well...

Then after all ah dat they come and rip up all of that and going with the old guard.. Going back in ah Silvio Spann and Marvin Andrews. I wonder what really going on in Cornell Glen, Trent Noel, Kendall Jagdeosingh and Andrei Pacheco minds.

There is nothing more that Glenn could do to make this side. I would be devastated if I was in his shoes too.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »
No need to panic. Cornell relatively safe dread and he geh a dyam good run to boot and he WILL be back in de next few games. Is good to give a chance to Scottie.  Generally Matas and Latas only picking 3 forwards per selection. Is a blessin' to have so much choice wit' Darryl Roberts, McFarlane, Forbes, Sealy, Hector Sam, Gay. Doh complain because if Stern, God forbid, pull a hamstring before he travel for de Honduras game, then Darryl will be on a jet pronto to slip een coolo breezo.  

Look how we bawlin' because of Keyeno's injuries. De defenders' bench real thin dread, not helped of course because crucial defenders are blacklisted out of fleckin' UNPATRIOTIC wickedness . As far as I know of the legal matters, Sancho, Avery, Cyd and Atiba are either all persona non grata or officilaly blacklisted wit' Emperor Jackula!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

So Palos, see de bigger picture.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:13:13 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 10:47:37 AM »
Palos what happen, ent you was the one who was telling us to keep faith in Mats  :devil:

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 10:53:28 AM »
Palos what happen, ent you was the one who was telling us to keep faith in Mats  :devil:

Not Latapy de saviour?  He not de one pick de side?  I tort allyuh say Yorke & Latas runnin tings now?

Or if tings doh go accordin to "plan" is Maturana fault but if is someting peeps like is because Latas do it?

I jes curious.... 8)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »

Not Latapy de saviour?  He not de one pick de side?  I tort allyuh say Yorke & Latas runnin tings now?

Or if tings doh go accordin to "plan" is Maturana fault but if is someting peeps like is because Latas do it?

I jes curious.... 8)
Palos,
ya ever hear of "The Spetial Advithor"
he run tings..............and his antics are legendary
as I have said before
even if we had Pele was our coach
AJW would find ways to KCUF Pele up also.............ah lie?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)

We have a good idea who Latas go be picking, to a large extent anyways, but you never know who Mats go pick.

Fellas problem is not so much the licks we taking from the likes of Grenada etc, but is the blasted sea sickness that come from the selection ride

And doh try dah one, Latas and Yorkie getting enough heat these days, at least they are the devil we KNOW.

Mats is just a plain enigma, and that is what men can't take

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:54 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)
Palos,
as I have said before

He keep he ass quiet and do as he was told when Beenie was dey doh.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)
Palos,
as I have said before

I eh sure about dah one, Beenie eh take no seeta crap from Jack, at least not to the detriment of the team.

Jack and all probably wondering what de ass Mats doing.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)

We have a good idea who Latas go be picking, to a large extent anyways, but you never know who Mats go pick.

Fellas problem is not so much the licks we taking from the likes of Grenada etc, but is the blasted sea sickness that come from the selection ride

And doh try dah one, Latas and Yorkie getting enough heat these days, at least they are the devil we KNOW.

the question is, would you guys pick glen over scotland? reason i ask is, scotland hasnt scored consistently for the national team, stern has despite being in the twilight of his career, i like glen but it had real people calling for scotland all the time, so people getting what they want ent  ;) as far as i am concerned glen is a better striker than scotland internationally jmho however with the constant call for slowpoke scotland, people getting what they ask for.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)

the question is, would you guys pick glen over scotland? reason i ask is, scotland hasnt scored consistently for the national team, stern has despite being in the twilight of his career, i like glen but it had real people calling for scotland all the time, so people getting what they want ent  ;) as far as i am concerned glen is a better striker than scotland internationally jmho however with the constant call for slowpoke scotland, people getting what they ask for.

IMHO the best choice is players who performing for T&T right now, I picking Glen, Stern/Scotty and KJ in that order.  All these players are clearly capable of wiping out any defence in CONCACAF. But is not only who getting pick but who getting leave out. Why Roberts or Randi Patterson can't even sniff a selection is beyond me. 

Granted Maturana seeing what these guys look like in practice and knows what he needs to get results against a specific team, but this constant upheaval can't be contributing to the players confidence.  We fans sure as hell don't appreciate it

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »

I jes curious.... 8)

IMHO the best choice is players who performing for T&T right now, I picking Glen, Stern/Scotty and KJ in that order.  All these players are clearly capable of wiping out any defence in CONCACAF. But is not only who getting pick but who getting leave out. Why Roberts or Randi Patterson can't even sniff a selection is beyond me. 

Granted Maturana seeing what these guys look like in practice and knows what he needs to get results against a specific team, but this constant upheaval can't be contributing to the players confidence.  We fans sure as hell don't appreciate it

im a big roberts fan, in fact i feel he should take scotand place on the side imo, stern serving his purpose as long as he not taking penalties :devil: this squad picked by mats is a very good squad, minus glen, pacheco, jaggy, roberts, but other than that its a team that can beat honduras :beermug: i dont think we will ever see a team we fully happy with, sadly but latas has improved the selection vastly from corneal

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »
Breds, Roberts should get a call, but he cant be taking Scotty place for no WCQ, not based on current form sah. Plus they have contrasing styles and might play well TOGETHER. But Scotty need to do the business for T&T real soon, he not getting any younger

Edit: As for Stern, he have a World cup goal or two left in him.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:36:57 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
Join the "Stern John is ah shithound" group on facebook   :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »
Join the "Stern John is ah shithound" group on facebook   :devil:

whos the creator for that group? must be disgruntled lol :rotfl:

hear nah scotland is a hound when coming to internationals, hes a good club player but not good when playing for his country, some ballers like that, they good for club but a hound for their country, i dont know why men cant accept that, roberts is much better, faster, better dribbler, runs back to assist the mid and plays better for the nation.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »
We had four striker in de squad vs El Salvador.  Why couldn't they go with four strikers again and include Glen?  I doh know how dropping Glen could be justified.  If we really being fair Kenwyne Jones should be the odd man out.  Stern John outplayed Jones vs El Salvador, Scotland in rippin form and Glen scoring regularly for T&T.  Kenwyne Jones did very little vs El Salvador and his current form has taken a dip.  

I wish Maturana and Latapy would explain the reasoning behind their selections.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
hear nah scotland is a hound when coming to internationals, hes a good club player but not good when playing for his country, some ballers like that, they good for club but a hound for their country, i dont know why men cant accept that, roberts is much better, faster, better dribbler, runs back to assist the mid and plays better for the nation.

Scotland has more int'l goals than KJ and Roberts combined

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 11:47:20 AM »
Cause Glenn should be playing left midfield...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>