April 30, 2024, 12:50:48 AM

Author Topic: Security for the Summit  (Read 9385 times)

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Security for the Summit
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »
Well I went to the meeting on Thursday for the residents and busines persons in the 'zones' that will be affected by the summit.
first of all let me tell you the highlights of changes
1. CRH will be closed on the western lane during the times that people are arriving - don't know that yet...
2. Wrightson Road will be closed from Lighthouse to Ana Street. maybe even from NP flyover- not sure yet
3. Traffic goes up Abercromby Street- East on Park Street- 2way on Ariapita and Tragarete
4. No parking within any of the 'zones' -boundaries Abercromby St/Park Street/Colville St
5. Residents who park on the streets within these 'zones' are not allowed. Must park in parkades-Stadium, NIPDEC, etc. Not sure yet if they have to pay- not decided yet.
6. For business who want to open on Friday/saturday their staff and customers have to apply for passes to access the business.

This meeting was meant to be an update to the stakeholders about the arrangements for the summit. Seemed that ASP Brathwaite who was to make a PowerPoint presentation, was not acquainted with the presentation, and that was a farce. He abandoned this to try and describe the movement of vehicles. Failed. It was all very confusing.
There was a question and answer period- lots of questions and the same answer -one size fit all- "we'll get back to you on that- not decided yet."
Apparently the Lady Young Rd is to be closed, and the Savannah also. But they aren't sure yet.
Yup - we'll be putting on a show for the world- as long as the delegates do not leave their 'zones'.
wonder what will happen when the wives are visiting the Wild Fowl Trust in South on the Saturday- nobody yet has said that the highway will be closed???
there is to be another meeting this pm at the POS Town Hall at 6pm.
If I attend I'll update you all - any questions?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Security for the Summit
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »
You all getting a day off ???

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
they ship out all the vagrants from town...like south ent have vagrant or wha...   i could see how they could whisk the wives to the WFT and still give the impression that the country is quaint...let's hope all goes well

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »
morne coco rd to maraval through the back to sah wah to the east other wise yuh screwed. that is the only rd to leave the west. and the peice ah rd is therapy at the best of times... good luck. i planning to be down de islands all weekend.
and i will be on vacation for that entire time.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
security cameras are install all across the highway now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »
like wey?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »

You see things like this does get me vex.
WHY wait on something to happen, ie Summit or dey death of ah real prominent person for something positive to take place in Trinidad? All of ah kissmeharse sudden, they find money to clean up tambriand square, find van to haul all dey homeless people up St Anns, every pothole in town pad up, security cameras all over dey place, police cars galore, for the pass 3 days me ain't hear bout one murder in town - police hauling every trouble maker to jail.  

I bet you not one of the radio stations or TV media would have any negative news during them days.  Everybody smiling and thinking positive.

madness >:(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »
all that precaution is really fuh obama eh,nobody else.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
like wey?

at the traffic light intersections and and in between the ones that shape like a ball  with there own separate pole. from by the race track in Santa Rosa to st Augustine i pass. and it had them all down the highway. most likely it going straight to Port of Spain

something like these

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:59:59 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »

WHY wait on something to happen, ie Summit or dey death of ah real prominent person for something positive to take place in Trinidad? All of ah kissmeharse sudden, they find money to clean up tambriand square, find van to haul all dey homeless people up St Anns, every pothole in town pad up, security cameras all over dey place, police cars galore, for the pass 3 days me ain't hear bout one murder in town - police hauling every trouble maker to jail.  

I bet you not one of the radio stations or TV media would have any negative news during them days.  Everybody smiling and thinking positive.

similar feelings in this  editorial

http://www.newsday.co.tt/editorial/0,96840.html
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »

Actually, you are wrong and the so-called editorial is also wrong!

A tender for those security cameras came out for sometime now!  The bid was granted to Illuminat, a part of Neal and Massy Ltd.  he contract was wroth around 56.1 million TT dollars and a Canadian Company is working alongside Illuminat to get the job done!

Just so happens that the timing coincides with the Summit!

Additionally, Cameras were being installed all along, just not made too public, Arima, San fernando and now this to put cameras at every traffic light.

these cameras are housed in those"bubbles' are really PTZ or pan tilt zoom....

There is a lot more in the pipeline.  Stay tuned.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:30:51 PM by Trinity Cross »

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161435444

Imbert: Cameras for traffic offenders coming
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, February 6th 2009

Close circuit cameras will be immediately installed along the East West Corridor to catch traffic offenders, says Transport Minister Colm Imbert yesterday.

Imbert said Cabinet has approved the award of a $53.1 million contract by the National Infrastructure Development Company (NIDCO) to Illuminat and the IBI Group for the implementation of a national traffic management system along the Beetham Highway and Churchill Roosevelt Highway.

Speaking at the post-Cabinet press conference at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's, Imbert said Government expects the CCTV cameras to be installed immediately and the project will be completed in one year.

He said by February 2010 the new system should be fully operational taking this country toward having a properly integrated and modern traffic system.

"Flowing from it will be the ability to take photographs of traffic offenders particularly at traffic lights. Persons who run red lights will now be captured by these cameras," said Imbert.

He said microwave detectors will also be installed along the East West Corridor to determine traffic volumes and traffic incidents.

Questioned about the long overdue breathalyser legislation, Imbert said he received a comprehensive report from the technocrats on Wednesday.

He said the breathalyser standards as well as the draft legislation are being worked on.

Imbert gave the assurance that he intends to make this a top priority for the first quarter of this year.

Idiots will cry what about criminals, I am waiting to hear the bullshit spew out....these cameras an be acrime fighting apparatus also, commit a crime and try to escape you will be tracked...soon T&T will be covered in CCTV..WAIT and see!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:34:36 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

Yeah it had cameras down south long time just they wasn't working.

Police also use radar in some parts down there

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »

Stop the nonsense the cameras in South have worked just fine!   At least those installed by the San fernando city Corporation, they are monitored by the city police, similar thing in arima.!

Ian atherley's cameras are a differnt story.  to say they were not functioning is only half the story, the man had big plans then he get replaced and theyw ere NEVER even hooked up nor the installation completed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:52:25 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:37 PM »

Stop the nonsense the cameras in South have worked just fine!   At least those installed by the San fernando city Corporation, they are monitored by the city police, similar thing in arima.!

Ian atherley's cameras are a differnt story.  to say they were not functioning is only half the story, the man had big plans then he get replaced and theyw ere NEVER even hooked up nor the installation completed.

that 2nd part is closer to what i heard.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 02:08:23 AM »
morne coco rd to maraval through the back to sah wah to the east other wise yuh screwed. that is the only rd to leave the west. and the peice ah rd is therapy at the best of times... good luck. i planning to be down de islands all weekend.

u serious? that cant be true...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 03:58:35 AM »

u serious? that cant be true...
well the alternative is tryign to navigate that maze.....though port of spain. the police eh even seem to know what going on by the account ann give.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 04:23:06 AM »
TrueTrini whether you assume my point is wrong or not, my point is and I've been saying it for a long time, WHY wait on something to happen, ie Summit or dey death of ah real prominent person for something positive to take place in Trinidad?

Thats all.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 05:39:42 AM »
there was to be an update meeting for the downtown people yesterday and guess what???-postponed to a date to be announced!!
anybody surprised?
 ;D
actually I didn't think of the santa cruz option. thanks organic - might be the best way  :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »
there was to be an update meeting for the downtown people yesterday and guess what???-postponed to a date to be announced!!
anybody surprised?
 ;D
actually I didn't think of the santa cruz option. thanks organic - might be the best way  :)

Ann3boys...forget it...everybody else goh be using that route too....it will probably be the only free piece of roadway connecting East and West when dey done zone up every where....

If you have to leave home then good luck other than that....just lock up in yuh house whole weekend and doh come out till the madness over....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »
If you have to leave home then good luck other than that....just lock up in yuh house whole weekend and doh come out till the madness over....
din Crazy sing that chune?
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:51 AM »
well brownsugar you may be right.
actually I just found out that any body could register for the meetings of the civil society meetings. it's online so I'll be checking it out. Of course I can't afford to participate in the business forums it's US$300 for early registration. real tight.
so, next meeting I know about is supposed to be April 02 at Queens Hall

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:35:04 AM »
and just what is the value the T&T administation puts on the life of Trinbago citizens???

....if yuh still thinking, or have a blank stare on yuh face...well, guess what...dais de correck answer! Yuh win!!

ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!!

worse yet, it takes situations like the upcoming summit for them to rub it in our collective faces yet again...ah not-so-subtle reminder. 

Only by yuh deeds can you be judged!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
you know bamboo, you may be right. but also do you know why they don't value 'us'? it's because WE let them!
we have accepted the notion that the government are our 'rulers' instead of our 'leaders' and therefore whatever they do we accept. We have accepted that whatever we say or do, they will do what they want anyway.
well, until we stop them, they will continue to do just that.
our habit of saying what we want out of our government once, and then forgetting has to be turned into-say it and show it and insist upon it - remember how we got them to back off from the jet? just so...
until something stirs us up and we stir it up, nothing will work in this country.
sorry to sound preachy- but until we stop lying down to get trampled on then we can't expect anybody to take us seriously
especially if he's watching from behind $3000000 drapes (see how many zeroes in that!!) and over the other side of a moat ;D

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
i hear yuh, but how you propose that ordinary citizens get the attention they deserve - without resortin to violent protest?  if men gettin stamp up and murdered down de lane by army and police just because of the notoriety of the area - and when that not happenin, is gang warfare killin criminals and de innocent alike, how a group of people without connections supposed to make the gov't sit up and listen? 

burn tires in a roadblock and say no police must pass here?  march round and round whitehall or ind. sq with t-shirts and placards till yuh dizzy?  when police come to remove yuh, pelt dem with big-stone?

what you could hope for again? 

yuh could wish that the party yuh now vote een and wine dong to de grong for comprise a set of decent individuals with a strong sense of morality, but ironically those who give a damn always appear to exist outside of actual gov't or on de fringes, i.e. the opposition or the lobbyists, while those in power act like stick break in dey f**kin ears or that dey suffering massive memory loss regardin campaign promises.

those in power rarely do anything to drastically improve the status quo - dey doh see it in their best interest, it seems.

when yuh have a hold on power with all its trappings, why would you want to relax yuh grip or rock de boat???

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
all that you say is true.
maybe the day will come when we have the confidence in ourselves to stand up and say that we could support the party but not the individual ??? or a particular action??
anyhoo we can't be serious like that for long...
a member of the secretariat at the meeting said if we think we are being inconvenienced just think of it like a carnival day - not a public holiday- just some places closed...go figure!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »

look the camera
Youtube Channel

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
can someone snap a pic of that wall berm thing along the beetham?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »
no but, that walls is not a bad thing. A noise barrier (also called a soundwall, sound berm, sound barrier, or acoustical barrier) I would recommend every village near a highway to get one especially by Chaguanas.  It reduces noise pollution.  They are also used to prevent flooding from going into the streets, hint caroni.  it have many here in the states. They are also good to block off ugly looking neighborhoods from passers by. Probably thats why Patos put it to hide the betham from the foreigners during the summit  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:05:59 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 06:51:09 AM »
no but, that walls is not a bad thing. A noise barrier (also called a soundwall, sound berm, sound barrier, or acoustical barrier) I would recommend every village near a highway to get one especially by Chaguanas.  It reduces noise pollution.  They are also used to prevent flooding from going into the streets, hint caroni.  it have many here in the states. They are also good to block off ugly looking neighborhoods from passers by. Probably thats why Patos put it to hide the betham from the foreigners during the summit  :devil:

pardna..."probably"??? is de one an only reason!

1]; } ?>