April 29, 2024, 12:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Tourist chases after bandit through streets  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Tourist chases after bandit through streets
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »
He was fearless but this coulda end up wrong...also watch the time and location...you know how many people around town then, you mean nobody coulda hold the bandit. But I also highlighted some parts of the article that were a concern to me.

Source: Trinidad Express

Tourist chases after bandit through streets
Jensen LaVende

Thursday, June 25th 2009

IN what was described as a scene from a great action movie yesterday, a tourist burst through the glass door of Mario's Pizza on Independence Square, Port of Spain, in hot pursuit of a bandit.

The Express was informed by the pizzeria's supervisor, Rhonda Thomas, that around 5.10 p.m., the man and another male friend were enjoying a family size pizza when the bandit grabbed his bag. The tourist chased after the thief, who, in his pursuit of freedom, slammed the left side glass door on the visitor, who was zeroing in on him.

The tourist is said to have "buss through the glass like a mad man" and chased after the assailant screaming "Help! Thief!". The bandit dropped the man's bag and continued running. The tourist, after taking up his bag, made his way back to Mario's.

When the Express arrived at the scene some minutes after the ordeal, the tourist had already been taken to the hospital by the fast food outlet's manager, along with his friend. Two police officers, who were on foot patrol, received information and had gone searching for the man, the Express was told.

The scattered glass and busy crowd outside the pizzeria did not stop customers from ordering their pizza. One lady uttered, "Wham, allyuh had fight", before making her way to the cashier. Those already inside seemed not to be bothered with the flashes of the camera and continued enjoying their meal as normal.

Officers from the Port of Spain CID are investigating.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:28:17 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourist chases after bandit through streets
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
like iwer "d boss" george say, We Reach!  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »
He was fearless but this coulda end up wrong...also watch the time and location...you know how many people around town then, you mean nobody coulda hold the bandit. But I also highlighted some parts of the article that were a concern to me.

--

The scattered glass and busy crowd outside the pizzeria did not stop customers from ordering their pizza. One lady uttered, "Wham, allyuh had fight", before making her way to the cashier. Those already inside seemed not to be bothered with the flashes of the camera and continued enjoying their meal as normal.

Officers from the Port of Spain CID are investigating.

But the Express admits they reached late after the bacchanal was over, so of course people have calmed down again and that's what they are reporting.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
Point taken E-Man.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
for real, b/c i ent want to believe ppl stand up normal and watch a bandit run away.  the feeling i am getting is that the citzenry is becoming fed up... 'de ppl ent taking dat so'...i predict that bandits from now on will have to fear for their lives even more so than in the past...ppl going to take out they frustrations on anyone who they feel represents oppression.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »
They forget to tell us what de man had on his family size pizza.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »

Interestingly, no mention of where the tourist was from ... buh dey know he's a tourist.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 05:16:09 PM »

Interestingly, no mention of where the tourist was from ... buh dey know he's a tourist.

well it have to be a tourist, given what going on in the country these days, you feel a local going an chase down a bandit?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

well it have to be a tourist, given what going on in the country these days, you feel a local going an chase down a bandit?
Tell dem nah family!! if allyuh want tuh risk yuh life for ppl ting then go right ahead, but if it was me, i woulda count it as ah loss and move on. BC me not getting hurt for no material ting, especially wid dem mad blood thirsty yutes it have on dat island, " take it sar! ah was just holding on to it until yuh come to retrive it, here."
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »

Tell dem nah family!! if allyuh want tuh risk yuh life for ppl ting then go right ahead, but if it was me, i woulda count it as ah loss and move on. BC me not getting hurt for no material ting, especially wid dem mad blood thirsty yutes it have on dat island, " take it sar! ah was just holding on to it until yuh come to retrive it, here."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 05:15:06 AM »
BC me not getting hurt for no material ting, especially wid dem mad blood thirsty yutes it have on dat island, " take it sar! ah was just holding on to it until yuh come to retrive it, here."

The sad thing is these days JC, it seems like even if you hand over yuh possessions yuh still eh sure they goh spare yuh life.... :( :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:05 AM »
I find the bandit real bold.

Not only he have to walk in the restaurant and grab the item but Indep Sq at that time is real people.

Dat is prime time traffic...plus they have a police eye in the sky thingy on the promenade opposite. plus all the taxi stands and thing right there.

Also yuh see how they mention "male friend"...I feel the reporter alluding to something in the article, but I go leave it alone.

On another robbery story...a man I know shut down on the beetham with a flat...when they come for him and start to rob him, he actually jack up he car and help the bandits take he rims and say here...go with that...thanks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
I don't doubt a tourist was involved. What I'm addressing is that from a journalistic viewpoint the tourist's point of origin should be material.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
I find the bandit real bold.

Not only he have to walk in the restaurant and grab the item but Indep Sq at that time is real people.

Dat is prime time traffic...plus they have a police eye in the sky thingy on the promenade opposite. plus all the taxi stands and thing right there.

Also yuh see how they mention "male friend"...I feel the reporter alluding to something in the article, but I go leave it alone.

On another robbery story...a man I know shut down on the beetham with a flat...when they come for him and start to rob him, he actually jack up he car and help the bandits take he rims and say here...go with that...thanks.

ha ha - that and "family size pizza"  ;)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
Well ... "another male friend" would suggest there were a party of 3 ... buh we understan iz really 2 de writer means.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 08:15:18 PM »
I feel dat Bandit ent like mustard on he pizza so he rob de tourie ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:04:03 PM »
BC me not getting hurt for no material ting, especially wid dem mad blood thirsty yutes it have on dat island, " take it sar! ah was just holding on to it until yuh come to retrive it, here."

The sad thing is these days JC, it seems like even if you hand over yuh possessions yuh still eh sure they goh spare yuh life.... :( :-\
Yeh, but if yuh humble and take yuh juk, 90% of the time ah bandit would just ride out, and the 10 % of the time believe it or not does come from some sort of attitude and lip coming from the Robbie, so the robber does react with violence.

and then again , it have fellas who just love tuh hurt ppl and no matter how yuh flex , they does just want tuh dun yuh! but most of them bandit dem does be more scared than the ppl they robbing, and does sometime shoot ppl out of fear , so when ah fella robbing yuh, the less yuh say and do is the better yuh chances of walking away unscathe.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>