March 29, 2024, 01:33:29 AM

Author Topic: PANDAY KIDNAP PLOT  (Read 12524 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PANDAY KIDNAP PLOT
« on: March 25, 2009, 04:38:44 AM »
PANDAY KIDNAP PLOT
Cops probe report of plan to snatch a daughter of the Opposition Leader

Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert is investigating an alleged plot to kidnap one of the daughters of Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday.

Sources told the Express last night that Philbert met with Panday yesterday at the Opposition Leader's office in Port of Spain on the allegation.

According to a source, a fisherman overheard a conversation about a plot to kidnap one of the Panday girls early yesterday and contacted the police.

Panday has four daughters -Niala, Mickela, Nicola and Vastala.

His eldest daughter, Niala, was from his first marriage and she currently lives in Scotland. She recently gave birth to a baby girl, Panday's first grandchild.

Mickela is the Member of Parliament for Oropouche West.

Panday, his wife, Oma, and three daughters live in Palmiste, San Fernando.

Sources say the fisherman was at Las Cuevas beach early yesterday morning, when he saw two vehicles.

The fisherman found it curious that the two cars were parked so early in the morning at the beach and decided to casually walk past to see what was happening.

The fisherman told police he saw two men in discussions and one handed the other a big brown envelope.

Sources say the fisherman told police he overheard one of the men say "kidnap one of Panday's daughters". The fisherman, upon hearing this, contacted the authorities.

Sources say a statement was taken from the fisherman yesterday in the presence of the acting Commissioner of Police.

The Express also learned that members of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad visited Panday's Palmiste residence yesterday, where they met and talked with Oma and Panday's daughters.

Panday seemed in shock when contacted last night when asked whether the report was true. After a long pause, he said, "What the hell," and then paused again and before adding, "I can't talk about this, no comment."

Several Opposition MPs were also in the dark last night over the alleged plot.

Contacted again later last night, Panday confirmed the allegations.

Questioned if there was an attempt to kidnap Mickela, he said, "Let's not talk about that."

Pressed further as to if it was true, he responded, "Yes, it is true." Asked again if it was Mickela, he said, "No, no, it's one of my daughters."

Sources said that none of Panday's daughters was identified in the particular report and the fisherman said in his statement that no names were called.

Panday, as the Opposition Leader, has a personal driver and security assigned to him.

Mickela also has a driver but no security detail.

Sources say an arrangement would be put in place to provide police security for all of Panday's daughters.

The Express tried to contact Philbert last night but he did not answer his cellphone.

-with reporting

by Louis B Homer
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161456988
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: PANDAY KIDNAP PLOT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:46:22 AM »
ah sorry eh, but ah know Panday is ah evil son of ah bitch and he'll do anything and basically everything for attention. I find this hard to believe that somebody willing to kidnap he chile. All of ah sudden ah fisherman seeing 2 cars park up and gone to investigate ? Wha happen???  Since when he name maco ??

It jus plain damn fishy to me.

Ah gone

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:42 AM »
ah sorry eh, but ah know Panday is ah evil son of ah bitch and he'll do anything and basically everything for attention. I find this hard to believe that somebody willing to kidnap he chile. All of ah sudden ah fisherman seeing 2 cars park up and gone to investigate ? Wha happen???  Since when he name maco ??

Ah gone

EXACTLY. Talk about smoke screen.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:06 AM »
anybody smell that.......................... :bs:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:55 AM »
PANDAY KIDNAP PLOT
Cops probe report of plan to snatch a daughter of the Opposition Leader

Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert is investigating an alleged plot to kidnap one of the daughters of Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday.

Sources told the Express last night that Philbert met with Panday yesterday at the Opposition Leader's office in Port of Spain on the allegation.

According to a source, a fisherman overheard a conversation about a plot to kidnap one of the Panday girls early yesterday and contacted the police.

Panday has four daughters -Niala, Mickela, Nicola and Vastala.

His eldest daughter, Niala, was from his first marriage and she currently lives in Scotland. She recently gave birth to a baby girl, Panday's first grandchild.

Mickela is the Member of Parliament for Oropouche West.

Panday, his wife, Oma, and three daughters live in Palmiste, San Fernando.

Sources say the fisherman was at Las Cuevas beach early yesterday morning, when he saw two vehicles.

The fisherman found it curious that the two cars were parked so early in the morning at the beach and decided to casually walk past to see what was happening.

The fisherman told police he saw two men in discussions and one handed the other a big brown envelope.

Sources say the fisherman told police he overheard one of the men say "kidnap one of Panday's daughters". The fisherman, upon hearing this, contacted the authorities.

Sources say a statement was taken from the fisherman yesterday in the presence of the acting Commissioner of Police.

The Express also learned that members of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad visited Panday's Palmiste residence yesterday, where they met and talked with Oma and Panday's daughters.

Panday seemed in shock when contacted last night when asked whether the report was true. After a long pause, he said, "What the hell," and then paused again and before adding, "I can't talk about this, no comment."

Several Opposition MPs were also in the dark last night over the alleged plot.

Contacted again later last night, Panday confirmed the allegations.

Questioned if there was an attempt to kidnap Mickela, he said, "Let's not talk about that."

Pressed further as to if it was true, he responded, "Yes, it is true." Asked again if it was Mickela, he said, "No, no, it's one of my daughters."

Sources said that none of Panday's daughters was identified in the particular report and the fisherman said in his statement that no names were called.

Panday, as the Opposition Leader, has a personal driver and security assigned to him.

Mickela also has a driver but no security detail.

Sources say an arrangement would be put in place to provide police security for all of Panday's daughters.

The Express tried to contact Philbert last night but he did not answer his cellphone.

-with reporting

by Louis B Homer
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161456988

aye, hear nah...i jes lost for words yes...

exactly how this swelterin pile of shit make it into a newspaper is beyond me.

ah cyah even comment on how improbable this 'situation' that this heroic, super-maco fisherman find himself in is...ah jes...nah.

smokescreen...or shit-stain?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
You have to take kidnapping serious. It could be right, it could be wrong, preventation is better than cure.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »

Ah gone

totally agree...
if something like this was ever to happen...it would have been a long time ago...he jus talkin up in his rass... >:(
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:29:26 AM »
 :-\
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
imagine those girls used to have bodyguars that used to stay with them in school...all day sitting in school!!!

FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »
You have to take kidnapping serious. It could be right, it could be wrong, preventation is better than cure.

aye, yuh hadda take yuhself serious first bossman.  one ah de highest level kidnappings in the country lookin to go dong and is so de organisers droppin it loud loud on de beach?? steups

De only ting missing from dah story is the part whey dey goin an tie her up next to the Golden An in de Tan Van.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:40:05 AM »

aye, yuh hadda take yuhself serious first bossman.  one ah de highest level kidnappings in the country lookin to go dong and is so de organisers droppin it loud loud on de beach?? steups

De only ting missing from dah story is the part whey dey goin an tie her up next to the Golden An in de Tan Van.

Truck
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »

Truck

eh ah feel de forum go crack dis case yuh know...somebody call de C.I.D. and tell dem put a A.P.B. out for a gunta call 'Horace'

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:34:19 AM »
Mickela Panday good for ah lick down.

Més que un club.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
So they eh have ah llicense plate number or something to give the Police? Always some bachanal. Hope they protect them properly for everyone's sake.

But I like the phone response from Panday though," What the Hell". :)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »
wha going on wid Panday is he feel he losing all de attention he use to get.  He feel RAMJACK getting too much TV coverage so he come up with some cockemamie story that somebody looking to kidnap he chilren. 

I want to know if de "fishyman" who alledgedly overheard dis conversation in de presence of 2 criminals would not have been wiped out by dem for overhearing the conversation in de first place.
It musbe Oma who was the fishyman who overhear de conversation  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »
Ah tell alyuh the newspaper home egh care about nothing or no one but selling papers.

Can anyone tell me what wrong with this picture?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »

Big stone or with your tongue?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »

Big stone or with your tongue?

tongue   :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »

Especially when she was in Naps Boys  ;D

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
Ah tell alyuh the newspaper home egh care about nothing or no one but selling papers.

thank goodness this is a bullisht story, cause if it wasn't then mih boy would have to ply he trade in from a safe-shack off de venezuelan coast after this went to press this mornin. 

come to tink of it, dah must be the only part of the story dat make sense or have any kinda plausibility...is the typical assness that the police and de media does do on a daily...outin witnesses like fuss time.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »

thank goodness this is a bullisht story, cause if it wasn't then mih boy would have to ply he trade in from a safe-shack off de venezuelan coast after this went to press this mornin. 

come to tink of it, dah must be the only part of the story dat make sense or have any kinda plausibility...is the typical assness that the police and de media does do on a daily...outin witnesses like fuss time.

Yuh unnerstan, kidnappin plot and the pictures of the would be victims (hope not) big and bold on the front page of the Express.

I send them ah message and ask them if they serious about journalism.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:57 PM »
i asked a stranger and he say It looks like Panday was plotting to kidnapp those 3 women in the photos  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
He  cryin wolf :-\
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »
DAMN YOU RAMJACKG, PNM and CORPSE!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »
So 'fisherman' see two cars park on de beach and find it strange so he take ah gander over.  He say he see envelope pass and man talking loud enough to hear.. "kidnap one ah Panday daughters".  How fortuituous that he happened upon the conversation just as that line was being delivered in its entirety.  All dis and de kidnappers ent even see or hear him creep up?  He's ah fisherman or ah Ninja?

And den de Express publish de daughter and dem pictures... public service thing nah, dey doh want de kidnappers get tie up and kidnap de wrong woman dem  :rotfl:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »

Yuh unnerstan, kidnappin plot and the pictures of the would be victims (hope not) big and bold on the front page of the Express.

I send them ah message and ask them if they serious about journalism.

all one has to do is look at news, the Parliament channel or when he exiting the court after one of his many cases to see any of Panday daughters at any given time.

Failing dat, go Prive in south, dey does be dey right through.

Més que un club.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 07:55:21 AM »
"Allegedly" Ramesh car got broken into yesterday :rotfl: :rotfl:  Uncle Jack is the master of being on the newspapers I been telling allyuh.  He makes Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian look like armatures.  What's next?  Jack house get shoot up in a drive by?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 07:56:45 AM »
them could get some stick. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
them could get some stick. ;D

yes SIRRRR  :salute:  ;)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 05:37:04 PM »
i used to go lessons in palmiste with one of them, tink it was mickela... bright too bad.

1]; } ?>