April 28, 2024, 10:00:10 PM

Author Topic: FCB Cup Final - Codrington's goal not enough to save a mis-firing Jabloteh  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
San Juan Jabloteh v W Connection.

It was not as exciting as the Pro Bowl final but the thrills were there. The crowd was massive. Defence Force strolled past Petrotrin to win the 3rd place trophy but everyone was really waiting for the Jabloteh-Connection showdown. I eh go lie I come out supporting Jabloteh tuh de hilt. Between de girls and Shurwayne Winchester trying to get people to winde dung de place - de atmosphere was nice and buzzing - main stand packed - ah feel good.

Jabloteh started hot with Josh Johnson giving a clinic to the Connection left back with some daisy-cutting step-overs and darting runs down the right. One time it was so embarassing - de ball was played long and the Connection left back had about a 5 yards headstart, Johnson turned, sprinted and ran past him- hey dah man real quick oui. Somehow it looked like Jabloteh's night until Connection started to claw their way back and ended up dominating the first half, coming close to scoring on many ocassions but just muffing the shots .Attiba looked composed at the back and the goal keeper Jan Williams looked sharp.

Then the momentum swung back to Jabloteh who began to play very very high upfield - almost at the half-way line.

To give you a picture of what the Jabloteh boys did I think it is fair to say that the second half almost belonged entirely to Jaboteh and the game was played almost entirely in Connection half of the field. Jabloteh's backline of Keyeno Thomas, Ian Gray,Nigel Daniel and Cyd Gray started to click and easily man-handled the Connection attackers and even when Connection brought on Randolph Jerome to give them some punch up front they man-handled him into becoming a spectator too. Except for the few times when he was trying to jinx his way into the box Whitley was always double and triple-marked as Connection did their best to deny him any space.

Kerry Baptiste looked fit and quick all night but was unlucky not to finish some penetrative runs down the middle. Angus Eve made some slick passes and turns and he too messed a few chances to trouble Jan Williams the Connection keeper. Devon Mitchell led the Jabloteh line for most of the game but he did not really manage to force saves from Jan Williams. He was replaced around the 70th minute by Addlery and Condrington came on for a tiring Angus Eve at the same time. Trent Noel was solid down centre for most of the game. However the worst was to come for Jabloteh as the full time whistle blew and  it was down to penalty kicks and Connection brought out their Brazillian brigade. ;)

The unthinkable happened as three Jabloteh players mis-fired or to put it another way two of them were blanked by man-of-the-match Jan Williams from Connection:

First penalty - midfielder Trent Noel for Jabloteh- saved by Williams
Connection scored - Goal

Second penalty - striker Nigel Codrington for Jabloteh - Goal
Connection - Luis Seabra saved by Daurance Williams

Third penalty - striker Nicholas Addlery for Jabloteh - saved by Williams
Connection - scored

Fourth penalty- defender Cyd Gray for Jabloteh - first shot - hit the cross bar
Kick re-taken ( Williams had moved off his line early) - second kick sailed way over the cross bar  :o
Connection's Earl Jean scored.

I think I got that right, anyway Connection won 3-1 on penalties

Personally I think all penalties were made to be scored.  ;D Jabloteh paid the price for mis-firing.

Before de game started the players paid tribute to referee Ramdan as it was his last Pro League game. He had a good game . He dished out deserving yellow cards mostly inthe second half and- mostly to Connection players including to two Brazilians for diving.

It was a good night after all and well into de crowd was into de game from fus to last whistle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:23:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steuppppppppppsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah was real backing them fellas to win.

Nevertheless, nice report man, THANKS!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Brazilian Connection win...... (((( fcok )))) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bs:

Better report today Solo, a fat bottle solo report today and not de normal Apple J yuh does give we sometimes....  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 04:52:15 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fourth penalty- defender Cyd Gray for Jabloteh - first shot - hit the cross bar
Kick re-taken ( Williams had moved off his line early) - second kick sailed way over the cross bar  :o
Connection's Earl Jean scored.

Glad to see Cyd Gray making great strides in improving his mental composure

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, yuh only get a fat bottle report when is a finals and suh,..is only den I paying attention to players names and ting and making mental notes in detail, but hey de match was a good one and deserved good reporting. I was just backing Jabloteh and didnt like how they lost de match.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good report Solo.
According to Sam you get ah Fat bottle on dah one  :D
The crowd supported in numbers and that is good too. The country need another one or two dominant teams. Dem two is like Man U and Arsenal. We need at least two more dominant teams like Liverpool ( ???) and Chelsea. North East had ah good run but now they seem to be like also rans.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree wid you. You should not count out Defence Force and Petrotrin it looks like recently they now being able to pull off wins and draws against Jabloteh and Connection which is as you say good for the league.

Maybe they are both a few players short of giving Jabloteh and Connection some real stick. I mean Defence Force lost 7-0 to Jabloteh a few months ago and came back to give them hell recently and draw 1-1. Petrotrin did the same thing to Connection leding them 2-0 for most of the game until Connection levelled the match. Of course you can never count out North East Stars.

1]; } ?>