April 28, 2024, 08:23:03 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker: We're ready for Panama  (Read 2561 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker: We're ready for Panama
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:17:40 AM »
Ian Prescott
Trinidad Express

NATIONAL coach Leo Beenhakker has arranged for a coach attached to the Dutch Football Federation to have a look at the match between Uzbekestan and Bahrain, one of the teams Trinidad and Tobago could face in a playoff for a place in the 2006 World Cup if they secure fourth-place in the CONCACAF zone.
Dutchman Beenhakker has also made an arrangement with Dutch television to tape the Asian qualifier.
But at the same time, the T&T coach said at the moment the most important game of his whole career is Trinidad and Tobago's next World Cup encounter against Panama, scheduled for October 8.
Beenhakker said that while the CONCACAF versus Asian Zone playoff is in the back of his head, the immediate task is to beat Panama next Saturday and then play well at home against Mexico on October 12 and so capture CONCACAF's fourth qualifying spot.
The fourth qualifier from CONCACAF and the fourth from Asia will meet in November for a place in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Against Panama, Beenhakker said he expects both a tough and very open game, but is confident of getting the positive result that Trinidad and Tobago need.
"We are both more on the same level. We are, of course, playing on the same way and, of course, my friend and colleague from Panama may use some other players now because they are out of qualification...perhaps some young players."
But even if Panama use an inexperienced squad, Beenhakker said that young players on national service for the first time will give their all, and so he is expecting a test in Panama.
He, however, has said they are prepared for Panama.
"We did our homework. We know exactly what we want to do and how we want to play against Panama. Last time, I also had plans and then there was the injury to Kenwyne Jones and Brent Rahim."
Beenhakker said he will be looking to this weekend's matches in the United States, England and Scotland, hoping that his players avoid injury, before finalising his plans.
He reported that he is happy with his team since the return of Russell Latapy, but hinted that the comeback of the "Little Magician" presents its own problems defensively.
Beenhakker said he has asked some of the other players such as Aurtis Whittley and Chris Birchall to make the adjustment by trying much harder to win back the ball.
"I am happy with the return of Russell Latapy, but at the same time, it's difficult to get a balanced team with Russell and Dwight in the midfield.
"The good thing is that Dwight understands that with Russell in the midfield, he has to do a lot more of the bad stuff, getting the ball back and so on."
Overall, Beenhakker said he has enjoyed his stint with the Trinidad and Tobago team. He is pleased with the attitude of the players in training, and within the training camp.
He said that had they had three months together to train, they would be a better team. But given just the three days they usually have together, the players were doing as best as they can.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker: We're ready for Panama
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 07:34:13 AM »
Oh thee of little faith in Nahkid; Is that not his role  in this campaign?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:36:39 AM »
Oh thee of little faith in Nahkid; Is that not his role  in this campaign?
Maybe Nakhid will be scouting Mexico at the same time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 07:46:45 AM »
alberta you just negative eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »
negative? I am simply asking about the role of a man who was assigned a specific duty? It's a question not a statement to the contary. If he is not competent is one thing; if the moves is to cover all our basis that is another. Now just out of curoisity; is there no competent coach within our system who could fulfill these duties and scout the game as well?

I am in a cautious optimistic frame of mind!!!!! we have hurdles to overcome and no team in our path will roll over and play dead. I have been in this  zealous frame before in previous WCQ and yuh know hat.... well dat gone . Anyhow I just  observing a very different approach and I hope it 's not too late to see these changes come to fruition.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 09:34:45 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 09:27:45 AM »
Who ever hear about a national senior team with one scout.  Fellas, lets think professional her; we're getting another competent coach to assist us going forward.  Nahkid has his faults, but lets be appreciative of his desire to contribute to the efforts.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 09:37:13 AM »
Obviously we were operating  with one scout  prior to this time. Should we  not have employed more in the scouting department at the onset of this campaign?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 10:16:17 AM »
beenie scouting for games in november but contract expire in october 12th......................interestin???
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 10:25:29 AM »
you have a problem with a foreign staff aye alberta well once they do the job i good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 08:03:55 PM »
Anybody know the specifics of Nakhid's duties? I sure don't.

A scout could mean many things. So far, I've heard of him scouting players for potential recruitment to the national set-up. Not sure if he is involved in scouting other teams and relating information on other teams' players and strategies. Just curious. What are the facts about Nakhid's position? Without that, can't really speculate on his not being involved in the Bahrain v. Uzbekistan game

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 08:16:07 PM »
Anybody know the specifics of Nakhid's duties? I sure don't.

A scout could mean many things. So far, I've heard of him scouting players for potential recruitment to the national set-up. Not sure if he is involved in scouting other teams and relating information on other teams' players and strategies. Just curious. What are the facts about Nakhid's position? Without that, can't really speculate on his not being involved in the Bahrain v. Uzbekistan game
He scouts the opposition. Read de following article: David Nakhid still in the thick of things
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 08:47:16 PM »
cool thnx

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 09:59:52 PM »
QUESTION: What constitutes  being  Ready?

What  assessments  has been  taken of the TEAM so far? I am not talking individual players. What team play has been  worked on so far? I trust there is a speciifc  game PLAN for Panama? Men are playing in all different systems on their respective teams, do you think it happens overnight that they come together and say 'MAMA look we have ah unbeatable team?'  big coach or no big caoch all man including coach have tuh earn  his stripes!!!!!! Beenhakker doh just say TEAM done do all they can do ; GET THEM MEN READY FORTHE SPECIFICS OF THIS OPPOSITION!!!!

DOH COUNT CHICKEN BEFORE DEY HATCH' CAUTION!!!! DOH UNDERESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!! CAUTION CAUTION..
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 10:05:42 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 10:13:02 PM »
While I understand Albertas concerns and he want everybody to eat a food.

We dont know if as Filho said they send him to the Bahrain game.

Also lets not forget this important fact. These foreigners in football might have some PIPS......that Nahkid doe have.

The man might have a pass, dvd recorder video cameras, friends inside the damn dressing room, who knows.

Scouting is more than sending a man to watch a game and scribble notes on a pad. There might be quite a few more intricacies involved such as being able to watch man train. Aquisition of tapes, video footage etc. I making a sterotypical assumption here.but maybe if its a covert operation the Dutch man could filter in easier and assimilate himself, whereas Redman Nahkid could be spotted a mile away. Who here know what the dutch fella look like?

Besides if they didnt make an announcement the Dutchman coulda be taking notes easy easy all this time, while everybody know that Nahkid is the TT scout and they have his picture. If you feel them other countries never browse this site for hints then you are mistaken, they doe leave nuttin to chance.....unlike us.

Now another point,while Nahkid have a degree and went St Marys and could speak 3-4 languages...........who say he could scout a game and give a accurate analysis properly? Suppose the past ones were not up to scratch and Beenie say for the last he ent want no mistake?

While beenie might be looking out for he pardners one thing is clear. He know more than all of us on this forum about Ball and the man have he plan. Lewwe not worry about who doing what job right now.........Lets just have the job done properly.

Now I know Panama want to spoil us.........and we all know the type of ball and upsets they are capable of.

However I want to point out 4 positives in our favour.

1) They have never beaten us.....we have the psychological edge over them still.

2) We beat them  when they were in form and things was looking good for them, whereas we just started to rebuild and it was Beenies first WCQ in charge.

3) We play total shit in the Gold Cup and even with all the Panamanian momentum, we still on a VERY Bad day was able to draw the game.

4) Most Important..........They ent see the Magic of the Magician Yet! and Yorke on fire!!

We getting 3 points in panama and three points here in POS, watch and see!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »
PLOYY!!!!! ah cah wait!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 10:41:01 PM »
However I want to point out 4 positives in our favour.

1) They have never beaten us.....we have the psychological edge over them still.

2) We beat them  when they were in form and things was looking good for them, whereas we just started to rebuild and it was Beenies first WCQ in charge.

3) We play total shit in the Gold Cup and even with all the Panamanian momentum, we still on a VERY Bad day was able to draw the game.

4) Most Important..........They ent see the Magic of the Magician Yet! and Yorke on fire!!

We getting 3 points in panama and three points here in POS, watch and see!

Very optimistic..........but ah like it. ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 05:59:39 AM by Tallman »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 09:41:02 AM »
I concur with the optimism and believe me I  have my contacts all sourced out in Germany by I  am just cautious about the whloe proceedings!!!!!! Different side different coach diferent prepparations; I read in a posting where Guatemala has had a 'warm up aganist Jamacia.

I mean if we are the 'soccer minnows' of the world , we could arrange on  the  lower
 'soccer wabeens' in the caribbean fur  fete match oops friendlies. Oh we did that already aganist Bermuda. Maybe we could play Venezuela? what about a BSC coached Tobago XI? Or a Grenada or Surinam?  It is just my humble opinion that you just cyar pick yuh best XI throw them hastily together and hope for  overwhelming success on the other hand I would not want to risk injury at this stage  to a quality player in a meaningless friendly game  given the limited resource pool we have to choose from.
It maybe more expedient to have them men work out and put in place their strategies. Snyhow that is why Beenie man is the man hired to make those calls. Me ah  keeping it low.......
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:00:14 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 09:45:17 AM »
we cyar play as much friendlies because of club commitment. most of our players are key players in their respective clubs.and the four or five days they have together befors a game aint enough. in the end we have to say thank god for the little comradary we still have.

warriors for germany iz ah muss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>