April 16, 2024, 12:51:18 AM

Author Topic: Imagine a midfield like this for T&T.  (Read 13134 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Imagine a midfield like this for T&T.
« on: March 26, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »
Imagine a midfield like this for T&T in 2010.

We may look like England or USA....  :rotfl:

Some serious Trini whites here.

Some good players too....

Christian Cabral, Christopher Birchall, Sean DeSilva, Jason Devenish and Justin Fojo.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine a midfield like this for T&T.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »
Lewwe see      

Personal: Born on August 2, 1984... Son of ... Has sibling, ... Has a cousin that runs track for LSU... Majoring in marketing with a minor in management and logistics... Plans to move back home and became a successful businessman.
http://goargos.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/cabral_christian00.html
Christian Cabral

Christopher Birchall

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64060&SPID=7051&DB_OEM_ID=14800&ATCLID=1553234
Sean DeSilva

A solid contributor in the Bulls’ midfield the past three seasons ... Became a key component in the USF attack in 2005 ... Brings international flair to an already diverse roster...  Started 41 of 54 games in which he has played... Devenish has added 15 points throughout his career at USF...  He has amassed five goals and five assists while playing in the Bulls’ midfield.Was called up to train with the Trinidad & Tobago U-21 National Team during the spring of 2005 ... Also was a member of the Canadian U-17 National Team ... Made first international appearance versus the United States at the National Sports Center in Blaine, Minn. (July 2004) .
https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36621&SPID=2914&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=216913
Jason Devenish

Started and played in 15 matches his freshman season...had one assist and 11 shots from midfield...was named a Freshman All-America by CollegeSoccerNews.com...named to the All-Southern Conference second team and the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/adidas All-South Region third team.Coach Lundy Says

"Justin is one of the most tenacious ball winners I have coached in 35 years.  His work ethic is tremendous and is a true leader by example.  We look for his play to be more consistent as he develops and for him to play a big role in 2009."
http://www.cofcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64063&SPID=7051&DB_OEM_ID=14800&ATCLID=114622
Justin Fojo.

.....holy cow  lol ,thats great to see the talent base widening .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:48:22 AM by Quagmire »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
Ok here, if yuh wha step back

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
de football back then look friggin heavy.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »
u really callin cabral in that midfield?  sorry but i really doh see christian going further than college ball..and i sure he go admit the same if yuh ask him
Back in Trini...

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:44:31 AM »
Lewwe see      

Christian Cabral

Christopher Birchall

Sean DeSilva

Jason Devenish

Justin Fojo.

.....holy cow  lol ,thats great to see the talent base widening .

wha dah midfield is to do, apart from blindin men?  8)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Ah nice crop here. How they develop into some top class footballers.

Christian Cabral was ah good winger.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
Doh know much about Cabral, but doesn't sound like he has aspirations to play beyond college. Devenish played up until recently at Under 21 level, so at the very least, the TTFF knows about him. Fojo got a small bligh at senior level and more recently so did De Silva.

Of all of them De Silva looks the most likely to join Birchall in the senior setup in a couple years. Then Fojo sounds like a guy who is willing and able to make that step in the youtube interview I saw. Devenish has a chance, but kinda disappear off the radar recently and may even consider repping Canada if they approach him (guessing wildly here eh fellas..I know none of these guys personally). Carbral seems the most unlikely.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

check de flag in the background  :D

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »
Nothing new.  It go be like looking at Trini JungleJuice or Toronto-lime.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »
well the US have a black president
T&T having an all white midfield is no big thing, however it would be interesting to see
whey boy!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
Jason looks like he have lil indian in him... maybe Javed Mohammed could control things on the left wing in that midfield line up....  8)

Is Sean DeSilva full white ? or is he mix ? BM, where yuh ....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »

So what the TTFF waiting on to call all those guys. So far only Birchall getting much attention and now DeSilva from the u 20.  The called Fojo some time again and we don't hear form him anymore.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »

So what the TTFF waiting on to call all those guys. So far only Birchall getting much attention and now DeSilva from the u 20.  The called Fojo some time again and we don't hear form him anymore.

oh-oh...yuh done know de a-Maund of effort de TTFF does put into getting eligible players to sign up early before foreign snatch dem up...  ::)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
Doh know much about Cabral, but doesn't sound like he has aspirations to play beyond college. Devenish played up until recently at Under 21 level, so at the very least, the TTFF knows about him. Fojo got a small bligh at senior level and more recently so did De Silva.

Of all of them De Silva looks the most likely to join Birchall in the senior setup in a couple years. Then Fojo sounds like a guy who is willing and able to make that step in the youtube interview I saw. Devenish has a chance, but kinda disappear off the radar recently and may even consider repping Canada if they approach him (guessing wildly here eh fellas..I know none of these guys personally). Carbral seems the most unlikely.

filho Jason love T&T too much to rep canada..plus he father wouldnt allow it..
Back in Trini...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 02:12:06 PM »

filho Jason love T&T too much to rep canada..plus he father wouldnt allow it..
I wonder if Jason is DevilFish son?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:21:35 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
well the US have a black president
T&T having an all white midfield is no big thing, however it would be interesting to see
I made a comment about us fielding at least two or three white players in a birchall article.I didn't think they are all midfielders.Interesting

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
Jason looks like he have lil indian in him... maybe Javed Mohammed could control things on the left wing in that midfield line up....  8)

Is Sean DeSilva full white ? or is he mix ? BM, where yuh ....
Nah, Devenish looked like a pure white boy last time I see him as a twelve year old.They all grow up  in TRINI, so they must get a little Tan.Yuh eh see Sean De Silva last name is Portuguese? Portuguese are white ,just that a lot of them dark skinned. Same way Carlos Edwards is a light skinned black man (or redman as we say).Sam , Ah feel yuh done know all this and ah didn't need to explain 

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Call zane O'brien ah hear he back home taking care of babies.....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
Da Silva and Fojo is spanish  ;D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »
de silva is de "whitest" of the lot...but may not be 100 percent...i know all the boys well and the parents...and the rest mixed..
TnT only really have bout 10 "white families"...

check this too...all of them are laFoucade products
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
Big mag what exactly yuh sayin.....dat LaFoucade like to Fouc?????

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
de silva is de "whitest" of the lot...but may not be 100 percent...i know all the boys well and the parents...and the rest mixed..
TnT only really have bout 10 "white families"...

check this too...all of them are laFoucade products

Doh say that to loud, Bally go say they was St Anns Rangers product first and La Foucade stole them.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »
Sat next to Jason Devenish's dad on the flight to Germany. My flight stopped over in Canada and we sat across from each other.. He seemed like a good man who was real proud of his son. When he introduced himself and I asked him if he was Jason's father, he was shocked that I knew who is son was. I only knew him from all de talks on this site.. Justin Fojo , know his family , never met him, but if he is anything like his family then he could go real places.. Very nice down to earth family..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »
WC knowing Jason father i eh go be surprised if his nickname is Devilish...
His pops is very supportive samo, made some road trips from Toronto to watch his games in de US...
Also know Cabral very well, honestly jus with talking to him I get the feeling he not pushing for football after college. However he may do like Khalil Mathura and start doing some coaching. For those who don't kno Khalil is involved with a coaching school in Texas I believe. I see this is as a good thing, young guy gettin to know the game and hopefully be able to bring what he learns back home
Back in Trini...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 06:01:24 PM »
It would be nice to see other races(not only whites but Indos also) in the TT team. But let's be realistic. Are these guys going to put a 100% into pro-ball or are they going to find a job and play amateur ball,  like many others end up doing.

It would be nice if they were to come back home after college and play for the different pro-teams. Then the fans and coaches can see them. TT FOOTBALL IS LACKING DIVERSITY. The TTFF can set up games against the smaller islands teams on a regular basis giving them the necessary experience. Then have them play in the Digicel competition and hopefully the GOLD CUP. The TTFF should also try having the TT team play in some of the Euro summer tournaments against the clubs who are training. Nothing better than palying against Barca or Madrid in Mallorca in the summer. They can also set up games against Lux, Malta, Cyprus, San Mariono, the so-called 2nd and 3rd tier teams in Euro. There is also Ven., Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia. That will be good experience for them.

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
All of these guys played in my year in SSFL. Fojo and Sean da Silva are actually on the same college team at College of Charlston along with Bateau's older brother Sean.

Fojo started on my team in my last year in the SSFL and he was really good in form 4. I saw him play on fox sports last season and they rate him as a freshman really highly.

Cabral went St. Anthony's but i dont seem him being a warrior.

Da Silva and Fojo will be there. I think my team plays them next season...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »
Da Silva and Fojo is spanish  ;D

Portuguese

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

check de flag in the background  :D

With the stripes yuh think TnT was a prison colony...!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 09:41:32 PM »
WC knowing Jason father i eh go be surprised if his nickname is DevilFish...
when I was in Toronto when he was there it was shortened to just "Fish"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>