April 19, 2024, 05:06:19 AM

Author Topic: West Indies vs England 3rd ODI  (Read 8384 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
West Indies vs England 3rd ODI
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »
Start time is 9.30 AST (= EST), possible links below:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=32087&part=sports
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: West Indies vs England 3rd ODI
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
Windies won the toss and elected to field first.

England: Strauss, Flintoff, Pieterson, Shah, Collingwood, Bopara, Prior, Batty, Mascarenhas, Broad and Anderson. I thought Batty might have made way for Flintoff rather than Harmison.

Windies: Gayle, Simmons, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Pollard, Bravo, Sammy, Ramdin, Miller, Baker and Edwards.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
they shoulda bat first.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:52:35 AM »
now check cricinfo and they say rain delay.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »
one of the links on this page should work:

http://www.cricketheats.org/index.html
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »
45-over per side. 10-0 after 3 and already some action with Bopara ducking into an Edwards delivery, 4 byes off of another Edwards over that soared over Ramdin's outstretched glove.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »
Looking like we did the right thing to field first. In the 11th over and it is 33/2. The bowlers have kept it tight. Shah is taking some chances and looks likely to be out soon.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »
YES!!
Bravo gets Pietersen out caught on the boundary!
41/3
Back in Trini...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
42/4!
SHah gone now
Back in Trini...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
England like they eh wake up yet.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
This thing is a joke! Flintoff gone!
43/5
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:14:08 AM by Bitter »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »
Looks like that Pietersen interview has really hurt the morale of the England camp.

http://content.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/397004.html

Pietersen-Moores conflict

Pietersen: 'I never had everything I wanted as captain'

Cricinfo staff

March 27, 2009
   Kevin Pietersen at a press conference, Chennai, December 10, 2008
"It's been a heck of a tough time and I'm at the end of my tether now. Really and truly I can't wait to get home" © Getty Images

England batsman Kevin Pietersen has admitted that the tumultuous events of the last few months over him quitting captaincy and the sacking of former coach Peter Moores had drained him mentally during the ongoing tour of the West Indies. In an interview to the Daily Mail, Pietersen opened up about the way he was treated as captain, saying he didn't always get what he wanted and the whole experience caused a lot of hurt to him and his family.

Pietersen failed to establish a proper working relationship with Moores and the rift between the two cost the coach his job. Pietersen, however, insisted that the team atmosphere has been sound all tour, despite the sudden personnel changes now with Andrew Strauss and Andy Flower stepping in as captain and interim coach.

"What happened in January (quitting from captaincy) drained me mentally and I know people have been watching me and talking about me throughout this tour," he told the paper. "It's been a heck of a tough time and I'm at the end of my tether now. Really and truly I can't wait to get home.

"I liked the way the guys played under me and the approach that we had, but I never had everything I wanted as England captain. That's the thing that gets me. My England captaincy was not the England captaincy I wanted, that's what will live with me for a long time.

"There was a lot of hurt for me and my family at the way it ended and a lot of what was written was unfounded, but the bad feelings don't linger. I wouldn't have done anything differently with the benefit of hindsight because I did everything by the book. Straussy got what I wanted but good luck to him because he's a top man. I know he'll make the most of it."

He added that he had made a conscious effort all tour to allow Strauss to make his own decisions and will perhaps offer advice during the Ashes this summer.

"I haven't offered much advice on this tour to Strauss nor have I been asked for it," Pietersen said. "It's been too close to the bone in terms of what happened in January and that has made it difficult for me to get involved in decisions.

'I haven't wanted to step on his toes. I'd rather let him get on with it and do what he needs to do. Maybe in the summer it will be time for me to voice my opinion a bit more but for now I'm keeping myself to myself."

He also insisted that he would never consider captaincy again. "It's not somewhere I want to go and dive into," he said. "After the way I was let down I just don't think I want to get involved in that again."

© Cricinfo

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 10:24:15 AM »
Baker 9-5-21-1. End of a very good spell. 18 overs in and it's 52/5.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
BOI!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 10:29:18 AM »
Baker 9-5-21-1. End of a very good spell. 18 overs in and it's 52/5.

You mean 54/6 Collingwood, OUT LBW  ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 10:29:46 AM »
excellent excellent

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
it good for England.

Pietersen also said:

Now there is both praise and criticism for two exalted members of the opposition who have provided pain in November in Antigua and now on this tour. 'I've loved playing against Chris Gayle,' he says. 'He's funny and relaxed but he's a real competitor. He's a comedian with a heart of gold and this series has been played in a real good spirit.'

But there's a 'but'. 'Shiv Chanderpaul has been fantastic but one thing disappoints me about him,' says Pietersen. 'Every time he gets runs he never fields. There's always an injury or something. That has really got on my nerves here. It leads me to think he plays for himself.'

You could only wish you were a big player like Shiv, Pietersen.

I really enjoying this England beating

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »
it good for England.

Pietersen also said:

Now there is both praise and criticism for two exalted members of the opposition who have provided pain in November in Antigua and now on this tour. 'I've loved playing against Chris Gayle,' he says. 'He's funny and relaxed but he's a real competitor. He's a comedian with a heart of gold and this series has been played in a real good spirit.'

But there's a 'but'. 'Shiv Chanderpaul has been fantastic but one thing disappoints me about him,' says Pietersen. 'Every time he gets runs he never fields. There's always an injury or something. That has really got on my nerves here. It leads me to think he plays for himself.'

Dise why he out for 3...the idiot. Everybody know Chanderpaul feenie and gets minor injuries a lot. Dise nothing new.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »
it good for England.

Pietersen also said:

That's a really extraordinary claim. If anything, Chanderpaul has been one of the most selfless of the West Indies players and has always done whatever's been asked of him. Pietersen would be better off making this claim about any of the other West Indies players.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 10:40:21 AM »
Hawkeye suggesting that the ball that got Collingwood out might have been missing leg. I did not see it myself, but even the commentators were suggesting that there might have been doubt. That's the game though.

22 overs completed 55-6.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »
it good for England.

Pietersen also said:

Dise why he out for 3...the idiot. Everybody know Chanderpaul feenie and gets minor injuries a lot. Dise nothing new.
feenie. :rotfl:know how long i eh hear that.so shiv need some good provision and and ah heavy set woman to build some endurance. ;D

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
it good for England.

Pietersen also said:

That's a really extraordinary claim. If anything, Chanderpaul has been one of the most selfless of the West Indies players and has always done whatever's been asked of him. Pietersen would be better off making this claim about any of the other West Indies players.

I would also like to add that the fact that Pietersen chose to voice his personal grievances about the England team the day before a match also says a lot about his level of selfishness. If it were up to me, I wouldn't appoint him England captain for that reason alone

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Hawkeye suggesting that the ball that got Collingwood out might have been missing leg. I did not see it myself, but even the commentators were suggesting that there might have been doubt. That's the game though.

22 overs completed 55-6.
Yeah it was definitely doubtful. At first glance, it looked like it was heading down leg-side. But certainly not an egregious error - nothing to seriously get worked up about.

Bravo also had some LBWs that were not given earlier in the series that looked plumb. Such is the game.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »
Lawwwd England eh sure to make 100!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »
24.3   Pollard to Prior, OUT, oh that is truly village. Short and wide and slapped straight to point. Thoughtless stroke

69/7

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »
Prior played an innocuous shot to get caught by Sammy and 2 balls later a great ball to find Broad's edge. England's previous lowest ODI total is 86. That is in danger at 68/8. Pollard produced a stunner there.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
24.5   Pollard to Broad, OUT, got him! A little off-cutter which squares up Broad, whose feet were firmly concreted, and it scooted through low to the keeper
 :wavetowel:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
buss them up. :beermug:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »
The rain took them off the pitch, but even as they've come off the umpires are asking for the covers to come off. The rain has stopped for now, but they expect more interruptions. 71/8 after 26.2 overs is the latest. We'll see if this interruption affects the overs or if D/L comes into it.

1]; } ?>