April 27, 2024, 11:26:01 AM

Author Topic: Dis is what Tadpole doing?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Dis is what Tadpole doing?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »
yea i know i feel your pain breds, he should be replacing miller in the odis but yet again the selectors are garbage

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
You dont think Miller is doing well?

You dont like his potential?

I think that the way you carry on about Dave, i need to take a serious look at him!

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
As long as Gayle is skipper, forget Tadpole.

Why do you think Powell has lasted this long?

Trini for Trini, Jakan for ....................

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
And Willi for whoever is best.

This damn regionalism is killing us in cricket.

BTW, where is Tonge?

The man mash up (leaders) Jamaica singlehandedly and none of you calling for his inclusion.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:00:35 PM by willi »

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »

BTW, where is Tonge?

The man mash up (leaders) Jamaica singlehandedly and none of you calling for his inclusion.

Don't know who Tonge is, but if Taylor was fit,
Powell would not have been there.

All kidding aside, I want the selectors to pick the best
available XI, AS LONG AS THE WINDIES win, we will
all be happy.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »
Tonge is Leewards...took 5 wickets for little against Jamaica recently.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »

BTW, where is Tonge?

Look closer: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=42623.msg539667#msg539667

Tonge, Pascal, Roach and Rampaul are all worthy of consideration imo and I have mentioned them before.

I'd give Rampaul the slight edge for  the ODIs right now because he has more experience and I'd like the others to play in Test cricket before we judge them based on how they bowl in a 50 over match (with the exception of Roach who has experience in ODIs before).

In any case, my point is that several of us have taken note of Tonge's performances (not just the one against Jamaica).

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
LoL

Sinned, That is MY Tonge post!!!

I was the first one pushing him there.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
LoL

Sinned, That is MY Tonge post!!!

I was the first one pushing him there.

I was referring to my post. Look at it again (topic=42907.msg545359).

That was independent of any other posts you may have had on the topic. I posted my team for England and Tonge was the first name of my list of "On the Bubble"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:29:36 PM by sinned »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »
OK gotcha now.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:07:34 AM »
OK gotcha now.

Sorry didn't mean this thread to turn into who said what first. My point was I noticed Tonge doing well also and it wasn't lost on me. I agree with you that he should get a look in either the ODIs now or the Test Series away coming up. :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »

BTW, where is Tonge?

Don't know who Tonge is, but if Taylor was fit,
Powell would not have been there.

All kidding aside, I want the selectors to pick the best
available XI, AS LONG AS THE WINDIES win, we will
all be happy.

point taken willi, but jaggernauth got a 7 wicket haul against jamaica in jamaica, i dont hear you calling for him on the test team either, so whats your point? jaggernauth also has more regional wickets than miller over a period of 4 years, yet miller is ahead of jaggernauth, not to mention dave is the best 20/20 bowler and odi bowler in the region, with a plus 30 test batting avg.

so once again, what the hell is your point, its not about dave being trini, its about him being better

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »
Can you reprise Jarg's record against Jam this year? 7 wickets in 2 innings?

Tonge got 5 in one and not sure about the other.

Dont know enuff about Dave, so as I said, you have said enuff to make me interested. I too want the best.

Miller is on a grooming path. He even trumps bowlers in Jam who have more wickets (like Odeon Brown and Dawes). Apparently, they think he is one for the future...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »

Dont know enuff about Dave, so as I said, you have said enuff to make me interested. I too want the best.

Miller is on a grooming path. He even trumps bowlers in Jam who have more wickets (like Odeon Brown and Dawes). Apparently, they think he is one for the future...

i wouldnt have a problem backing miller but he doesnt field as well as tadpole, nor does bat as well, another ting is miller doesnt have the variation and deliveries that dave mohammed has

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
if he eh playin 4 TNt how he go play 4 d WI? D say he not avialable for Ganga team but u expect him 2 play 4 Gayle's team.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »
Somebody tell me de man say he want to take a year off to build he house with he 2020 money. Me eh know how true.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »
Tonge, Pascal, Roach and Rampaul are all worthy of consideration.  Include Richardson from Jamaica as well. 

Willi, de trouble is dat Dave Mohammed has topped the regional averages and dey give de man a small sweat...same for Jaggernauth.  We jes trying to understand de selection policy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:02:49 PM »
Somebody tell me de man say he want to take a year off to build he house with he 2020 money. Me eh know how true.

It was said on d Fearless 1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:10 AM »

Miller looked very good and lively in the field in the last match. So much so that the commentators said he was playing to keep his place.
i wouldnt have a problem backing miller but he doesnt field as well as tadpole, nor does bat as well, another ting is miller doesnt have the variation and deliveries that dave mohammed has

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »
Tonge, Pascal, Roach and Rampaul are all worthy of consideration.  Include Richardson from Jamaica as well. 

Willi, de trouble is dat Dave Mohammed has topped the regional averages and dey give de man a small sweat...same for Jaggernauth.  We jes trying to understand de selection policy.

When u figure it out share it wit me.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
If he is that good then I agree!

I will keep an eye on him...

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 05:36:17 AM »
What about a Flloyd Reifer recall?

Reifer would still play for Windies
Published: Thursday | March 26, 2009

Jermaine Lannaman, Gleaner Writer

Reifer

Former West Indies middle-order batsman Floyd Reifer says he would represent the regional team again if he is selected.

The 36-year-old, who represented the West Indies in four Tests and two one-day internationals between 1997 and 1999, has so far scored two first-class centuries this season and, according to him, should the regional selectors see it fit to call him up, he would be more than happy to make a contribution.

The Barbadian left-hander scored 129 in the Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) victory over the Windward Islands in the previous round, then followed up that score with a magnificent 140 that set the platform for his team's second-innings total of 369 in the drawn match against leaders and defending champions Jamaica, which ended on Tuesday at Sabina Park.

I am a professional

"I am an old contender and I take pride in my performances. I am a professional every time I go on the field. If the selectors want to pick me, they pick me, as it would still be a privilege to represent the region again. If not, it's not that big of a deal," said Reifer, who after his last Test in South Africa in 1999, went on to play professionally in Scotland for five years.

According to Reifer, who has been offering guidance and training to players of the youthful CCC team, for which he is the captain and coach, he has a wealth of knowledge and experience gained from being a professional cricketer. And, like Brendan Nash, who is 32, he believes he could help to add stability to the West Indies middle-order if given another opportunity.

"I was scoring a lot of runs and they never picked me," he said, reflecting on past seasons where, after his final Test against South Africa and stints in Scotland, he went on to represent Barbados and then the recently formed CCC.

Not one to quit

"But I am not one to quit and once I am healthy, I will be willing to contribute," said Reifer, whose first-innings score of 129 and second-innings 53 guided the CCC to victory over the title-chasing Windward Islands in the Windwards last weekend.

"Right now, however, I just want to concentrate on helping the youngsters in the CCC team realise their potential by making the West 'A' Team and/or the senior team," added Reifer, who has scored 12 centuries and 36 half-centuries in 119 first-class matches, at an average of 34.53.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering when this would start to come out. The man has batted well this season, which is all it took for Devon Smith to earn a recall. At this stage I can't see it happening though. Chanders and Nash already add stability and guys like Simmons and Bravo are the next 6-10 years of Windies cricket, not to mention the immediate future.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
For all his career in regional cricket, flloyd reifer has been a thorn in Trinidad side. Boy I feel like every match we used to play Barbados, he used to score runs. Every time we think we have Barbados on the ropes, Reifer was always there. Reifer used to be the batsman I fear most in regional cricket (he still terrorizing now with CCC).

I real respect how he used to approach innings and batting in general. It's a shame he could translate his success to the international level. Too late now I fear. But he was (and still is) a hell of a player.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 10:52:31 AM »
For all his career in regional cricket, flloyd reifer has been a thorn in Trinidad side. Boy I feel like every match we used to play Barbados, he used to score runs. Every time we think we have Barbados on the ropes, Reifer was always there. Reifer used to be the batsman I fear most in regional cricket (he still terrorizing now with CCC).

I real respect how he used to approach innings and batting in general. It's a shame he could translate his success to the international level. Too late now I fear. But he was (and still is) a hell of a player.

Boy, I used to get vex when this man come out to bat against us. He love him some T&T bowling, dred. There was another Bajan batsman that used to love batting against us, but didn't do much in his international career. His name slips me at the moment.

1]; } ?>