April 28, 2024, 07:43:56 PM

Author Topic: This can be the result when we go begging for players who have no loyalty to T&T  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
..Now Imagine if this was to happen to our football..Some love searching and trying to tempt players who have Trinbagonian heritage to play for us, knowing very well they had no desire or intentions of playing for T&T..

French idol Tyrone Mears wants to play for England

By Neil Mcleman 28/03/2009

Tyrone Mears has declared himself available for England despite playing a friendly for Jamaica last month.

The Stockport-born defender is proving a hit on a year's loan from Derby to French giants Marseille, scoring the goal to take them through to the last eight of the UEFA Cup last week.

But after suffering a serious knee injury last year, the son of Jamaican parents agreed to play for John Barnes' Reggae Boyz in a friendly international at the New Den last month to gain match practice.

Now, with Marseille second in the League and with the Champions League beckoning, the 26-year-old full-back wants to play for the land of his birth. "It is a funny situation with Jamaica," said the former Preston and West Ham player. "I played one friendly game for them because I wasn't playing and I needed a game. "But I can still play for England and I still want to play for England.   I am hoping I can have a good end to the season and we'll see what happens."

Recommended to Marseille by Kevin Keegan, Mears did not make his debut until mid-January because of his knee but is now holding down a regular place.

In the last fortnight he has tasted victory in the historic PSG-Marseille big match rivalry in Paris, before knocking out Ajax in the Amsterdam Arena.

"Playing in the play-off final for Derby was quite a big game but these two matches have definitely been the biggest I have ever played in," Mears said.

"I didn't know how big the game against Paris was - the atmosphere was amazing. I hope to play in a few more big games now."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:49:35 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Now, with Marseille second in the League and with the Champions League beckoning, the 26-year-old full-back wants to play for the land of his birth. "It is a funny situation with Jamaica," said the former Preston and West Ham player. "I played one friendly game for them because I wasn't playing and I needed a game. "But I can still play for England and I still want to play for England.   I am hoping I can have a good end to the season and we'll see what happens."

"Playing in the play-off final for Derby was quite a big game but these two matches have definitely been the biggest I have ever played in," Mears said.

"I didn't know how big the game against Paris was - the atmosphere was amazing. I hope to play in a few more big games now."

Absolute arseholery!

Man playing fro a club and doh know who dey biggest rivals are, and same man using a national team match to gregain match fitness to play for a next national team.

takes the meaning of mercenary to a whole new level

somebody should introduce him to the business end of a bull pistle!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The point is we don't go begging
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe we should send some of our players who are recovering from injury to sweat for Jamaica until they regain match fitness.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
send KJ jamrock now!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
the man get a bligh and buss it  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

his heart was never to play for Jamaica...he was persuaded to play for them but his heart was never there...bring back memories of some posters begging for Zamora and LLoyd to play for T&T....and also reminds me of that Trini american youth Maund (although his situation was not the exact same)..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design

his heart was never to play for Jamaica...he was persuaded to play for them but his heart was never there...bring back memories of some posters begging for Zamora and LLoyd to play for T&T....and also reminds me of that Trini american youth Maund (although his situation was not the exact same)..
I ain't sure Jlloyd heart wouldn't have been in it. Didn't he have a big Trini flag and straight soca in his house on Cribs? Or so I've been told.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jlloyd did show that he wanted to play for TT but he should have made his intentions clear by the age of 21,FIFAs rule,this he didn't do but he did want to play for the land of his birth.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is rehashing an old topic.  But I have never been happy when some peps seem to defend Jlloyod Samuel, I assume this is because he born in T&T, face facts, he did the exact same as Zamora. Said no, then maybe; but he only did the later to keep his options open just in case things didn't pan out with England. Finally like Zamora, he said yes but it served both of them right when they ended up with nothing. Just because he have ah T&T flag in his house an been to Carnival ah few times doh mean he was ever interested in T&T football.

I still believe we should ask....but only once. if they say yes give them ah try, if they say maybe or not yet.....forget them! We have enough talent, it is the development of the talent we lacking, hopefully the U-20's have shown that we are bucking this trend. The Jamaicans been doing it much longer than us and look at what a dominant force their policy has helped them become in ConCacaf  ::) . I think we should be proud of what we have achieved as Jamaica have double our population and usually triple (and even more) the amount of foreign born in their squads than we have in our squad.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dat player bull Shatta
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel