March 28, 2024, 05:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v Hon game.  (Read 20073 times)

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Views on T&T v Hon game.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:05 AM »
pachecho for akile edwards, scotty needs to benched, glen and roberts back in the team, wolfe cant play right back, noel as holding mid till yorke returns, john better start pulling his weight, bleeder playing garbage, in fact the team played garbage

steups... ::)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »
pachecho for akile edwards, scotty needs to benched, glen and roberts back in the team, wolfe cant play right back, noel as holding mid till yorke returns, john better start pulling his weight, bleeder playing garbage, in fact the team played garbage

allyuh people who feel tt play well, need to go to a optometrist oui, yuh eyes gone bad  :devil:

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel and Jan Michael should not be
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »
I honestly feel Keon is a player of the future. He has good ball controll and has good touches. He is also a lefty. But he needs to improve on his defence. That means becoming more fit, stronger. He has good skill, but he needs to go to the gym and strengthen up. But don't write him off.

The keeper was inhibited when he went to punch the ball, hence the ball did not go far enough. But he came of his line pretty good. The problem with that goal was the previous 10 mins before. We were totally out of the game. We conceded about 4 quick corners. We brought pressure on the defence. That was the problem to me.

Everyone says he is really a central midfielder. Ok I am willing to wait to see him in that position. But even if fit the wing midfield is beyond him unless he gets alot faster. I dont know about the future when we have the U20s coming up. The future is now . Either establish yourself now or become another bit player a la bleeder and hardest. As I said in an earlier post maybe its just that I have never considered JAn international material. I am a bit biased in the sense that I just have little to zero confidence in him

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
In one of my previous posts I said that Daniel needs to find a club.......QUICK! His skill is degressing to the detriment of the team! :-[
Sharpness,confidence,composure an don't forget his defensive frailties........is sorely lacking, he needs to bunch and play his more natural position,CM!   
I wouldn't say that his skill is degressing but he is definetely not fit and it showed last night. he needs to find a club even if it is tobago united.

I beg to differ!

Remember when he scored the goals against Cuba etc., he was playing with confidence and composure.
Now he seems so unsure with de ball at his feet and because of that his defence is more showing more (or lack of).
He did share some nice toolum on one or two occasions ;D

Corbeaux

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »
In one of my previous posts I said that Daniel needs to find a club.......QUICK! His skill is degressing to the detriment of the team! :-[
Sharpness,confidence,composure an don't forget his defensive frailties........is sorely lacking, he needs to bunch and play his more natural position,CM!   
I wouldn't say that his skill is degressing but he is definetely not fit and it showed last night. he needs to find a club even if it is tobago united.

I beg to differ!

Remember when he scored the goals against Cuba etc., he was playing with confidence and composure.
Now he seems so unsure with de ball at his feet and because of that his defence is more showing more (or lack of).

That confidence only comes with playing regularly. What goin on with Daniel though, not even a pro league team lookin to sign him?

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
Bleeder played well  :o
for real Bleeder played SHIT if he was not subbed off i dont we was gonna score,congrats to Hyland who should have started in the first place,considering the squad we had, who we played & the rest of results in concacaf not ah bad result :beermug:

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »

I beg to differ!

That confidence only comes with playing regularly. What goin on with Daniel though, not even a pro league team lookin to sign him?

Boy only heavens know yes! :whistling: :whistling:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »

4. Why do our strikers take so long to shoot, why ? shoot, it might go it, or may not, but something good might come out of it. They wait tell they get into the box to shoot, come on man, shoot de ball. All de goals scoring in our WCQ are mostly from midfield. If we dont shoot, how can we score.

Why do we allow teams to feel right at home when they visit T&T !!!!!!!

We play at home like we are the visitors....

These questions bother me all the time, Sam. These same fellas could play ball yuh know. Is jus somebody lie tuh dem and tell them "yuh cyar shoot from dey boy, an' the odder team is rel boss oui. What is wrong wit my people????? What?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »
wid all di keepers we have and Jan miccheal getting call up? this man wutless I eh know how theese players get national call up.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »
remember too this is a 2 game in 5 days scenario....
Not sure if Maturana was keeping KJ somewhat fresh for the US. I feel he will start Wed though.

Cornel Glen would have been a better option to take to the US instead of Scotland i think, simply because of style of play. The US will much prefer to defend against the English-type forwards we currently have instead of a player like Glen or Suazo.

Also, i find the T&T team was shooting quite a bit last night, moreso than i have seen them do for a while. So i wouldnt fault them for that. We miss Birchall in that dept.

What is this obsession with a quite a mediocre player called Cornell Glen. Glen is at best a winger in the mold of Jairzinho of Brazil. If you tell me to play him in front of Daniel I could see with that. But to call for his inclusion at the expense of a true striker doesn't say much for your football intelligence. If Cornell wants to make this team he better resort to playing left side of midfield. He doesnt have the ability to be a striker in the purest sense of the word.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:11:10 PM by sub1 »

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »
Stern should not have started
Stern should have been substituted since 1st half
Stern played shit (again)
Stern is a waste a time >:(

Scotty did well
If they did keep Scotty a little while longer he would have scored
Keon played very good, why de hell they pull him off
Honduras had some real good passes but to me was playing more of a defensive game at first than trying to score goals
SW passes was lslippery like aloes
We coulda more than beat Honduras 3 nil - SW lapse bad
It's a miracle we get a goal at that late hour
Dem fellas (SW) like they need some punch or provision in their diet... the moving to lazy (as usual)
I actually saw a man standup and watch a ball pass him by (I was so shocked that I don't know who it was)
Carlos did not have a good game yesterday.  I have seen better.
...And so on to USA, if we continue to play shhit like yesterday, we nah going anywhere in 2010 :violin:

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »

If they did keep Scotty a little while longer he would have scored

lend me your crystal ball.

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2009, 04:32:12 PM »
We were lucky to get the draw!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »
Look mih here...this coach is ah real dunce yuh know. Why de hell did he really take off Jason Scottland??? The only player giving you something up front to leave on ah man who ent making nothing happen, then put on KJ who did no better.. People still taking about oh he is ah good coach.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

allyuh people who feel tt play well, need to go to a optometrist oui, yuh eyes gone bad  :devil:

Lawd I Cosign a TI post
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »
People,

We cannot get to South Africa with Maturana as coach. There is no structure and plan that you can identify on the field. What brand are we playing? Under Beenhakker you could have seen a plan and we had a brand. The team looked solid with a good structure..this compensated for a few men out of position,etc..

Now that this does not exist there is more talk about who should play and who should not...only man people berate under Beenhakker was Stern and Beenhakker insisted that he was a good player and look what he did against Mexico to get us to d Bahrain playoff...

I still believe Hyland and Trent Noel should have started..or at least one of them..Kenwyne and Scotland...and one day Guerra will have to get his chance..anybody who saw him against Panama will realise what a talent he is in midfield.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 05:28:28 AM »

Lawd I Cosign a TI post

Simple minds seldom differ.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Honduras : through the eyes of a Jacan
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 06:21:08 AM »
First up, not sure how to read into this result. From where I sit, honduras will come away from this game feeling very satisfied with the one point....and very disappointed that they didnt take all 3. From T&T's persepctive, many will see this as one points gained, as opposed to 2 points dropped.  The T&T vs Honduras tie is crucial in this Hex, because I feel in the end it will be these two teams battling it out for that 4th play-off spot. I'm going to give Mexico,USA,Costa Rica the benefit of the doubt here and assume they will take the 3 automatic spots.

I read Touches game report below, and it struck me that T&T is perhaps one of the most friendly places to play football in the whole of CONCACAF. The honduran fans that he met before the game summed it up nicely that they "enjoyed" playing in Port Of Spain...but hated playing in Kingston. And based on the result of the game on Saturday, I dont think much has changed. Forgive me for saying this folks, but T&T style of football is way too laid back when playing at home...and I plame the 12th man for this. Makes no sense 25K fans show up to sit and do nothing for the entire 90 minuts of the game.

Honduras didnt play a particulary good game, but they still managed to assert themselves in the crucial mid-field. T&T played good posessional football in periods, but never really converted the posession into many meaningfull goal scoring opportunities. Aslo found it weird that one of the most feared strikers in CONCACAF  (Jomes) would be benched for the entire first half.

In the end, the 1-1 tie might have been a fair result...but like I said, in this Crucial T&T vs Honduras tie...The Hundurans will take that, knowing that they still have the home fixture to play.

USA vs El Salvador...wow. Like I said before, I dont see the USA not taking one of the three automatic spots...if they dont do it on the field, FIFA will find a way to enure they do make it in off the field...so any team that take points off them Makes it even harder for T&T/Honduras. The ideal situatin is always to have one team that beats everyone...and one team that gets licks from everyone..and you dont want those teams sharing points when they play together.

On to Wednesday's games:

USA - T&T.  An opportunity for T&T to "steal" 3 points or even one...and an opportunity for the USA to garner another 3 points. Going off the last time both teams played in USA, 'm going to go ahead and call this 2-1 in favor of the USA

Honduras - Mexico. Honduas plays on home turf for the first time in this Hex...Atthe end of this tie, we will know exactly if Honduras are serious about going to SA 2010...or if Mexico have turned thinghs around. This is a tricky one to call...but i'm going to go ahead and call this one 1-1.

Costa Rica vs El Salavdor. Costa Rica are coming off a 2-0 defeat, and returing home to teh Ricardo Saprissa, this could be a mauling for the Salvadorians, who will be playing on the road for the first time this Hex.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:25:06 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 06:23:32 AM »

Lawd I Cosign a TI post

Simple minds seldom differ.

It takes one 2 know 1

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: T&T vs Honduras : through the eyes of a Jacan
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:07 AM »
First up, not sure how to read into this result. From where I sit, honduras will come away from this game feeling very satisfied with the one point....and very disappointed that they didnt take all 3. From T&T's persepctive, many will see this as one points gained, as opposed to 2 points dropped.  The T&T vs Honduras tie is crucial in this Hex, because I feel in the end it will be these two teams battling it out for that 4th play-off spot. I'm going to give Mexico,USA,Costa Rica the benefit of the doubt here and assume they will take the 3 automatic spots.

I read Touches game report below, and it struck me that T&T is perhaps one of the most friendly places to play football in the whole of CONCACAF. The honduran fans that he met before the game summed it up nicely that they "enjoyed" playing in Port Of Spain...but hated playing in Kingston. And based on the result of the game on Saturday, I dont think much has changed. Forgive me for saying this folks, but T&T style of football is way too laid back when playing at home...and I plame the 12th man for this. Makes no sense 25K fans show up to sit and do nothing for the entire 90 minuts of the game.

Honduras didnt play a particulary good game, but they still managed to assert themselves in the crucial mid-field. T&T played good posessional football in periods, but never really converted the posession into many meaningfull goal scoring opportunities. Aslo found it weird that one of the most feared strikers in CONCACAF  (Jomes) would be benched for the entire first half.

In the end, the 1-1 tie might have been a fair result...but like I said, in this Crucial T&T vs Honduras tie...The Hundurans will take that, knowing that they still have the home fixture to play.

USA vs El Salvador...wow. Like I said before, I dont see the USA not taking one of the three automatic spots...if they dont do it on the field, FIFA will find a way to enure they do make it in off the field...so any team that take points off them Makes it even harder for T&T/Honduras. The ideal situatin is always to have one team that beats everyone...and one team that gets licks from everyone..and you dont want those teams sharing points when they play together.

On to Wednesday's games:

USA - T&T.  An opportunity for T&T to "steal" 3 points or even one...and an opportunity for the USA to garner another 3 points. Going off the last time both teams played in USA, 'm going to go ahead and call this 2-1 in favor of the USA

Honduras - Mexico. Honduas plays on home turf for the first time in this Hex...Atthe end of this tie, we will know exactly if Honduras are serious about going to SA 2010...or if Mexico have turned thinghs around. This is a tricky one to call...but i'm going to go ahead and call this one 1-1.

Costa Rica vs El Salavdor. Costa Rica are coming off a 2-0 defeat, and returing home to teh Ricardo Saprissa, this could be a mauling for the Salvadorians, who will be playing on the road for the first time this Hex.

Anybody ask yuh anything ,haul yuh stink mouth jakan arse from here , go and post yuh facking shit on the reggaegirls web site yuh opinion doh count here .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 06:56:08 AM »
Anybody ask yuh anything ,haul yuh stink mouth jakan arse from here , go and post yuh facking shit on the reggaegirls web site yuh opinion doh count here .
[/quote]

Why allyuh so, the man make an honest assessment.  Ah know we eh ask him nuttin but oh gawd man, have respect nah....  Let's be realistic, I hoping for a victory versus the US but I go settle for a draw...  Plus a 1-1 between Mex and Hon is a good result for we.  If only CR and ES draw too that go be good. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »
yuh TV wukking RF...nice...keep watching
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 07:17:04 AM »
I not sure of the expectations of folks, even though we are playing at home I will never expect us to steam roll past any team in tihs group. This is THE HEX. In every game we are going to miss tackles, make an errant pass and miss some chances on goal, it's a matter of limiting these mistakes to the bare minimum but mistakes will happen.

We have to play hard, play smart and sometimes we even need that little bit of luck in some instances

Most importantly i think we need to have that self belief that we can do the job both home and away.

The ball is round, the time is 90 minutes, it's 11 of us vs 11 of dem

We must BE UNAFRAID!!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »
think that's a fair assessment RF
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »
correct RF

but like the majority of the forumites and trinis they think and respond like ignoramus berris
(who unless his name is berris, names him self after a jamaican singer yet still cusses the jamiacans honest opinion posting)

nto saying emulate other countires but we ONLY made noise at corners and last 5 min, when we played USA the friendly we were hyped up

i am glad for the turn out, don't buy into the fact its only well behaved middle class trinis who can afford tickets
its around the same price in jamiaca

the organizers have a responsibility as well to present a better show than the last minute slap dash thing they try

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »
All yuh does get on like all yuh 4get dat is Trinis not Trinbagonians come up wit a new meanin 4 d word lime. Trinis is bout lime/wine/jam session. D lime/wine session saturday was at d HCS and a football game was played. Stop bein hypocritize. D line/wine/jam session 2 wks was at d QPO and a 20-20 cricket match was played. 

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2009, 07:59:20 AM »
Anybody ask yuh anything ,haul yuh...

You just embarassed yourself there Berris.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2009, 08:07:52 AM »
I dont always agree with Yardies but yuh not far off de mark,I'll give yuh dis one RF.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »
best post by rf ever
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2009, 08:11:02 AM »
I dont always agree with Yardies but yuh not far off de mark,I'll give yuh dis one RF.

We knoe d chap is a clown (Send more Britz) but most of all yuh throw out d baby wit d bath water

1]; } ?>