April 27, 2024, 09:41:24 AM

Author Topic: some perspective...  (Read 4660 times)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: some perspective...
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »
some perspective on the population....yes it makes me very proud to see our accomplishments when placed next to the other nations.

As for Babalawo, what happen to you man?
We all represent the same nation!
We all support the same team!
We all give our hard earned dollars to watch the games and support them!
We all just trying to make our nation successful...NOT divided...help in this cause.
So as a Fellow Trinbagonian of many backgrounds, I ask you Babalawo, VB, etc don't play bad mind to this race nonsense...because you are creating unnecessary hate and distance between fans of the SAME team, SAME nation.
When push come to shove, I would hope that regardless of race, as long as we representing red, black and white we have each other's back cuz we fighting the same battle jed, no need to go to war. Bless.
whey boy!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
wtf you talking about Babaloo.......

do your homework...

because we can't make the team, it eh mean we not part of it...

check we in the stands...  check we in ALL the bars too

:D dont take him on..he does talk mess sometimes  :devil:..and baba if you referring to players...we have young indo Trinis with football potential out there..Javed Mohammed..and Justin Figo (although he mixed) comes to mind..

my point exactly. its fact. Where is the indian community in football other than in the stands?

Nobody is debating...but you  have to remember you dont have to be a player in orderto be part of T&T football..and as of right now..we have an increase within the interest of indos within our youth football, but it will take time before it trickles up to our senior team

Dont hear anyone complaining, why is their lack of interest by blacks in our Cricket?..Cricket is also a national sport like Football.. :beermug:
i dont think their is a lack of black folks in cricket. .

Clearly you have not been following your country national cricket program these last couple years..and am not just speaking about just players, but T&T Cricket in general...and i edit my post to "decreased lack of interest" after you made your quote....like i said remember you dont have to be a player to be involve your country sport...when you look at those thousands people supporting at the HC stadium, and look to see if you only see black people or indian people or dougla people then you will better understand..
your constant comparison to cricket is complete nonsense. look how Ill done yuh now. Dwane Bravo.  Now you name one Indo-trini currently or recently on the national footballteam.  No one talking bout off the field in the crowd. We talking about on the field of players

lol you name Trini black players on west indies team to make an argument...and i said there was a descrease in interest...if you want to talk about players you have to look at your national team and not the West indies team..even more important you have to look at your country youth teams and see what is the future of the national team..now since you want to talk about players go look at the national youth cricket teams, and see what is the future of your antional team, and also look at the national team, go look at school competitions around the country..and stop trying to name one or two black trinis selected by the west indies to form an argument...since you want to focus on just players..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
Without getting caught sliding down the slippery slope of race, for which this thread seems unreversibly headed I want to agree that we need to encourage more indian youths to take up football professionally. As a small country we have to utilise our human resources to the maximum.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:34 PM »
I think it take the media. If they dont see no Indian role models making it as a career they can get discouraged. Im sure Birchall inspired alot of Sean Da Silvas out there to strive harder and pursue to be on the national team with out giving.  Once one that can break through the wall, the media can jump on him and market him like the do with Birchall.

Good point.  I think people misinterpreting this as some kinda slam against the abilities of Indian players... which I don't think it is... young Indo-Trinis need encouragement, from family, from coaches, from role models, from community.  I don't think there's enough of that in TnT right now.  Half our population isn't represented in the national pool, whether that's from a paucity of interest or from prejudice, we need to correct that.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
wtf you talking about Babaloo.......

do your homework...

because we can't make the team, it eh mean we not part of it...

check we in the stands...  check we in ALL the bars too

:D dont take him on..he does talk mess sometimes  :devil:..and baba if you referring to players...we have young indo Trinis with football potential out there..Javed Mohammed..and Justin Figo (although he mixed) comes to mind..

my point exactly. its fact. Where is the indian community in football other than in the stands?

Nobody is debating...but you  have to remember you dont have to be a player in orderto be part of T&T football..and as of right now..we have an increase within the interest of indos within our youth football, but it will take time before it trickles up to our senior team

Dont hear anyone complaining, why is their lack of interest by blacks in our Cricket?..Cricket is also a national sport like Football.. :beermug:

Clearly you have not been following your country national cricket program these last couple years..and am not just speaking about just players, but T&T Cricket in general...and i edit my post to "decreased lack of interest" after you made your quote....like i said remember you dont have to be a player to be involve your country sport...when you look at those thousands people supporting at the HC stadium, and look to see if you only see black people or indian people or dougla people then you will better understand..
your constant comparison to cricket is complete nonsense. look how Ill done yuh now. Dwane Bravo.  Now you name one Indo-trini currently or recently on the national footballteam.  No one talking bout off the field in the crowd. We talking about on the field of players

lol you name Trini black players on west indies team to make an argument...and i said there was a descrease in interest...if you want to talk about players you have to look at your national team and not the West indies team..even more important you have to look at your country youth teams and see what is the future of the national team..now since you want to talk about players go look at the national youth cricket teams, and see what is the future of your antional team, and also look at the national team, go look at school competitions around the country..and stop trying to name one or two black trinis selected by the west indies to form an argument...since you want to focus on just players..
oh god this man with he nonsence cricket comparison again?

Without getting caught sliding down the slippery slope of race, for which this thread seems unreversibly headed I want to agree that we need to encourage more indian youths to take up football professionally. As a small country we have to utilise our human resources to the maximum.
Yes my point. Talking bout this is not racial, is looking to encourage positivity and enjoyment of this sport as a player to them .

I think it take the media. If they dont see no Indian role models making it as a career they can get discouraged. Im sure Birchall inspired alot of Sean Da Silvas out there to strive harder and pursue to be on the national team with out giving.  Once one that can break through the wall, the media can jump on him and market him like the do with Birchall.

Good point.  I think people misinterpreting this as some kinda slam against the abilities of Indian players... which I don't think it is... young Indo-Trinis need encouragement, from family, from coaches, from role models, from community.  I don't think there's enough of that in TnT right now.  Half our population isn't represented in the national pool, whether that's from a paucity of interest or from prejudice, we need to correct that.
In the word of the Shouter Baptist today, Amen.  Most of it have to do with the Fathers too.  If they fathers give them that encouragement they would.   So promoting a image like a indian Birchall they kids will look up to him as a future.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »

oh god this man with he nonsence cricket comparison again?

and how do you know alot of youths like De Silva are inspired by Birchall instead of Yorke, Latapy or Jones..or is that your assumption cause they are white?...

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:25:31 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>