April 27, 2024, 10:42:31 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match report TT vs Honduras  (Read 12839 times)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match report TT vs Honduras
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
Wow Touches....that the best match report i hear from you in a very long time...ah hear the first half on radio I95.5 and the second half via internet....and from ur account the last dieing minutes...they could-er push for a goal...but i don't know what happen why they didn't

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »
Wow Touches....that the best match report i hear from you in a very long time...ah hear the first half on radio I95.5 and the second half via internet....and from ur account the last dieing minutes...they could-er push for a goal...but i don't know what happen why they didn't

i saw the full game breds, it was ugly, after tying the game tt never push for the win, it was if they were content, worse game i see them play in a very long time

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
Thanks Touches ah was waiting for yuh report, even though ah watch de game on meh laptop.
Is it just me or does Stern rel pull up and adjust he socks (while bending over)?!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »
Yeah touches I have to agree . We've seen a lot worse from the team. Apart from set pieces the Hondurans were hardly a threat. We paid the price for a silly mistake.

Men calling for Maturana head after the game and don't even realise that 2 of the 3 subs were quite effective. I see far worse from Mats so I will give him a chance after this game. Imagine if Lawrence put that one in the bag in the first half everybody would singing a different tune. 

Agreed.  A good performance by the team with so many new players in the mix.  Coming from a man that don't like Maturana, I believe the coach has to take some credit for our performance last night.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
i never see so much garbage football in my life like what i saw last night from the team, they didnt even play as half as good as against el salvador, noel need to play holding until yorke return, akile edwards is a waste of time, pacheco anyday, wolfe is not a right back, i rather see spann dey by far, bleeder need tuh ride pine oui, scotty is a intl shithong, stern could ride pine also, bring back roberts and glen oui

Thank God your only input could be on a message board. You have spouted alot of garbage here also.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »
i never see so much garbage football in my life like what i saw last night from the team, they didnt even play as half as good as against el salvador, noel need to play holding until yorke return, akile edwards is a waste of time, pacheco anyday, wolfe is not a right back, i rather see spann dey by far, bleeder need tuh ride pine oui, scotty is a intl shithong, stern could ride pine also, bring back roberts and glen oui

Thank God your only input could be on a message board. You have spouted alot of garbage here also.

frige you breddah, your talking shit, people who say we played well are idiots and happy with mediocre performances.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/De7F_42fqW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/De7F_42fqW0</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Corbeaux

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »

frige you breddah, your talking shit, people who say we played well are idiots and happy with mediocre performances.
Were you even at the match? We dominated Honduras for long periods and all our play needed was a good finishing touc by stern.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »

The team did not play well...most people agree.    Contraversial, Im sure you realize that people are actually reacting to all the other stuff you are saying.....and rightly so because  "yuh spouted alot of garbage"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:05:36 AM by fatimarima »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 10:03:56 AM »

Were you even at the match? We dominated Honduras for long periods and all our play needed was a good finishing touc by stern.

breddah i watch the full match, we get lucky sah, we couldnt even pull together more than 5 passes in a row, we played 100 times better against el sal, at home we does play real garbage, last night was one of the worse games i ever see, i had padnahs call meh after the game who was dey and say we real play garbage also, so its not only me saying that, the midfield lacked creativity in the first half, only when latas as introduced we were stringing passes together and the midfield woke up, our wing backs are garbage, the US will make us pay with wolfe and akile, akile going forward is not an option, he doesnt know what to do with the ball past the midfield and scotty is a shithong

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »

The team did not play well...most people agree.    Im sure you realize that people are actually reacting to all the other stuff you are saying.....and rightly so because  "yuh spouted alot of garbage"

so lemme hear the garbage im spewing? correct me if i so wrong, if not, shut yuh mouth  :o

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
TI wah wolfe did so for u to say he eh deserve he spot? To me Wolfe looked better than spann and was nice to see a wingback with some pace for once
Back in Trini...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »
TI wah wolfe did so for u to say he eh deserve he spot? To me Wolfe looked better than spann and was nice to see a wingback with some pace for once

tt get lucky, wolfe get beat many times on the right, even towards the ending of the game, what game allyuh watch? we played much better in el sal

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »
lol..my mouth shut...is type I typing here.. ;D.  but really...you know yuh spoutin crap...as yuh name indicates, you just like controversy

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/De7F_42fqW0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/De7F_42fqW0</a>
Stern John cause that goal ?

Corbeaux

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »

tt get lucky, wolfe get beat many times on the right, even towards the ending of the game, what game allyuh watch? we played much better in el sal
I actually think Wolfe had a solid game for a converted midfielder. What was so frustrating with our performance was that this game was there to be won. The only man creating was Carlos. It was a poor game of football overall and we didn't even need to play well to beat them. Maturana made a costly mistake with  not starting Hyland and in the end that mistake cost us 2 points

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »

I actually think Wolfe had a solid game for a converted midfielder. What was so frustrating with our performance was that this game was there to be won. The only man creating was Carlos. It was a poor game of football overall and we didn't even need to play well to beat them. Maturana made a costly mistake with  not starting Hyland and in the end that mistake cost us 2 points

If he did start Hyland, de fuss ting outta peeps mout when dey see de startin lineup is WTF Maturana doin?  How he go take a man who eh start fuh T&T in bout 20 games and playin fuh a no name club in Belgium and start him?

Nutting Maturana do could please people. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Corbeaux

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »

If he did start Hyland, de fuss ting outta peeps mout when dey see de startin lineup is WTF Maturana doin?  How he go take a man who eh start fuh T&T in bout 20 games and playin fuh a no name club in Belgium and start him?

Nutting Maturana do could please people. 
I was saying WTF when i saw Theobald starting.  Hyland has been playing well for his club and that should be the basis to get picked for the national team.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
i was dey in d stadium an in my humble opinion, dem fellas play dat game like dey didnt want to be dey. no urgency, no passion, no creativity, no vibes.

i agree wid touches wen he say d defence played well but odder dan dat we have REAL work to do. we cannot go to usa wid dat kinda vibes an expect to make an impact.

we missed me mum an yorke real bad las nite. is only when latas hit d field, d midfield looked like it had any order. bleeder an daniel had poor games in my opinion. hyland lost a tremendous amount of weight an it look like he game real improve.

somebody need to light some fire under dem fellas ass before we go usa cuz if we go over dey playin like dat, we go get licks.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »
Nice report Touches..

but someone made a comment bout Stern having a goal in him....
he didnt play badly but let's get real...Scotty shoulda stay on nuff said...Stern gas was gone at that point.
Bring on kenwyne---he and all hadda step up.
lookin like he just not interested even though the service up front sucked at that point

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
i'm happy we got a very soft goal let in by the keepers error & we take a one point away from it. i wasn't there so i glad to hear we look ok - because watching the game online it looked piss poor. seemed like men came out flat - 0 intensity and nervous even on short simple passes.
coaching wasn't at fault imho - because we seem to neutralise honduras main threat - speed out of the midfield.

but i dont know how far we could go if we cyah trouble a goal keeper. did he have to make any saves?

we cant play like that wednesday - the group wide open right now & next week ppl could start making moves - we need to be on that list.

thanks touches - good stuff as usual - u give me back some hope

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
Game LIVE right now on C TV!
Click link http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:09 AM »
We give the ball away too easily- too many unforced stray passes.  

Collectively our football is too slow, our team work rate needs alot of improvement, and our off the ball movement is not creative.

The intensity level of this match was akin to an exhibition.  

I like the Latapy role last night- coming on when the game is open and being smart in possession- it will work well in our region against teams that don't compress the middle of the field....

Not yet as huge a fan of Keon Daniel as many on here- I like his confidence on the ball but he's way too casual, and never utilizes a turn of speed (if he has it) when he has the real estate to exploit the other team- good for exhibition football, but not real competition.

Honduras' goalkeeper was a joke (and he showed it long before the error on our goal)

I like Hyland's composure on the ball.  Is he fit?

Scotland got his chance...didn't do his cause any harm either- He should get another shot in the starting XI.  

C. Edwards is by far our best player- just by his energy level alone....the only player on our squad that moved around the pitch at a level of intensity and with the work rate and purpose suited to international senior team football...If our collective team energy was at his level (without any other technical improvements), we be twice the team we are today....

I think the overall standard in CONCACAF is the lowest it's been in sometime- Mexico is kinda struggling by their standards, USA's football is begging for a creative spark...and everyone else seems to be playing the same level of indifferent football.  

It's not unrealistic to picture us grinding out some results with a few surprises here & there..and squeezing through the Hex without ever really playing a good 90 minutes of football.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:07:32 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
one question Touches: Why do you think Daniel was shaking his head upon being subbed? Unless you talk to him, I know you wouldn't really know. Could it have been something else other than the actual sub. I found it dis-respectful...to the team and Latapy...though it may not have even been directed there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
Agreed Touches...exactly my sentiments... Except the Reason they left Stern on is because he has a goal in him...love him or hate him he has a goal in him... so I was happy he stayed on...

that goal has been stuck in him for 9 months, hopefully one day he will release it

All yuh is d best d best. Memorable quote if there was ever 1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »
one question Touches: Why do you think Daniel was shaking his head upon being subbed? Unless you talk to him, I know you wouldn't really know. Could it have been something else other than the actual sub. I found it dis-respectful...to the team and Latapy...though it may not have even been directed there.

He may have just been disappointed in his own performance....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
i was dey in d stadium an in my humble opinion, dem fellas play dat game like dey didnt want to be dey. no urgency, no passion, no creativity, no vibes.

i agree wid touches wen he say d defence played well but odder dan dat we have REAL work to do. we cannot go to usa wid dat kinda vibes an expect to make an impact.

we missed me mum an yorke real bad las nite. is only when latas hit d field, d midfield looked like it had any order. bleeder an daniel had poor games in my opinion. hyland lost a tremendous amount of weight an it look like he game real improve.

somebody need to light some fire under dem fellas ass before we go usa cuz if we go over dey playin like dat, we go get licks.

bless!!

Cosign like u have 2 b a woman 2 c d game so.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

He may have just been disappointed in his own performance....

possibly, doh he shouldn't have disrespected himself either...if dat is the case, keep yuh head up guy...game wasn't over, doh show the opposition or you own teammates, and worse yuh fans, no weakness...bring more next time, but more importantly, prepare to bring it

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
Maturana is the coach,with the exception of the first ten minutes of the first half and the five minutes of the second half,this team was playing Latapy brand of football.
We having a problem linking the forwards in the play,solving our play in the final third of the pitch and goals will come,we moved the ball out of defence  with confidence through the mid,we had control on many one touch passes,we mainted form in tight spaces that was beautiful to watch I was impressed,we played some defence that was truly a beauty to watch,the more this mix of players play together our level of play will improve

Right here so I want to Knock on Mr Daniel,he has to stop making them lazy passes,he makes about three a game

I see us second in this round,that's how much I see this team improving

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
I agree with Ti . We play real shit. But in de context of the whole tournament thus far we in de mix..and alot of teams seem to be not at thier best. Hopefully we can raise our game for the rest of the tournament and de rest of teams remain playing mediorce.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>