March 28, 2024, 12:29:33 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match report TT vs Honduras  (Read 12696 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match report TT vs Honduras
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
Gunner,
                 Trinis does approach things differently. Don't compare us with JA. They do their thing one way, we do ours another way. The real problem is that 3/4 of the people in that stadium yesterday does only go to big game football. That means once every 3 months. They don't support local football. They don't have football culture. They probably don't our the players, except Dwight and Latas..

I think yuh really mean we does do thing one way, everybody else another way.  We does never have a stadium rocking like virtually every other footballing nation.  Yet man does want to talk about TnT being a footballing nation.  Football not in deez people blood.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
I have to agree with you. The energy and passion of a Trinbago crowd is nutten in comparison
to what goes on around the world. I have been to game where yuh can't even hear the man next to yuh talk.
Every now and then the T&T crowd does roar for a beat or shot, but it is not a crowd that drives you on and inspire yuh.
In most countries they have leaders who does actually conduct the crowd and buff yuh ass if yuh eh participating. Maybe that is what we need
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »
I have to agree with you. The energy and passion of a Trinbago crowd is nutten in comparison
to what goes on around the world. I have been to game where yuh can't even hear the man next to yuh talk.
Every now and then the T&T crowd does roar for a beat or shot, but it is not a crowd that drives you on and inspire yuh.
In most countries they have leaders who does actually conduct the crowd and buff yuh ass if yuh eh participating. Maybe that is what we need

Trinidad is de opposite... juss ask Bourbon or any ah dem Warrior Nation fans what does go on when dey try tuh raise cheer or wave flag, lol.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
there was a point in time in d game when even latas was encouragin d crowd to make some noise.  we football crowd consist mainly of a setta girls who come to pose an a setta a fellas who come to gape at dem same girls. all ah dem is a waste ah time!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

man , I real agree with u here!  I tired saying that. We Trini crowd too quiet! Buh some people say dey does be studying the game that is why dey doh want to hear no noise. go figure :-\

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2009, 04:49:54 PM »

Honduras' goalkeeper was a joke (and he showed it long before the error on our goal)

I bawl til I hoarse for dem to test that man... jokey too bad... not ah serious save he had to make til that goal

everything else yuh say was on point too
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »
there was a point in time in d game when even latas was encouragin d crowd to make some noise.  we football crowd consist mainly of a setta girls who come to pose an a setta a fellas who come to gape at dem same girls. all ah dem is a waste ah time!!

for real eh 
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2009, 05:02:48 PM »
I have tuh agree with TI, it was one of the poorest prefomances i've seen from the national team to date.

it kinda reminded me of the CG opener against El salvador. that team was begging to be beaten and we blew it with ah whole lot of turn overs and wasted posessions.

we kept the ball very little with honduras enjoying the lion share of the possesions!

TI yuh boy bleeder is ah liability, i don't want tuh see him for the rest of the campaign, him and leon. i feel we could defainatly do better than them boy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:13:13 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »
Gunner,
                 Trinis does approach things differently. Don't compare us with JA. They do their thing one way, we do ours another way. The real problem is that 3/4 of the people in that stadium yesterday does only go to big game football. That means once every 3 months. They don't support local football. They don't have football culture. They probably don't our the players, except Dwight and Latas..

AND??? any excuse NOT to have NATIONAL PRIDE in any endeavor with our country's name on it????

that kind of shithong excuse is why this country is the way it is

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »
Thanks as usual mr tribe.

I guess its totally different than watching on tv / computer.

Personally.

I tort my computer was buffering., the rate that team was moving slow. Unless that's mataburro's new style of play..buffering.

Passing .. lets not go there
Urgency when a goal down.. lets not go there
service from the back.. ditto
wide play.. ditto

This team is capable of much more. After watching the US play last night.. it will be very tough on Wed.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »
CTV T&T Highlights - Trinidad & Tobago vs Honduras World Cup Qualifier game (28-Mar-2009)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/r1QZo1uoQC0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/r1QZo1uoQC0</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »
Well put Touches. One thing I was trying to find out but none of them jokers around me knew anything about the game or the team. Number 8 was Wolfe and number 2 was Leon? Those were the 2 guys I couldn't make out at all. A man behind me insisting that number 9 (when they were warming up) was Glenn. I tell him is Hyland he tell me real aggressive that he know he football and that is Glenn. I shrug and let it go. I wonder how he feeling now.

I didn't think Theobold was bad, but I felt that we'd done the work defensively in the first half and having him and #2 on the field at the same time limited us in an attacking sense going into the second half. Daniel's lack of defensive work prevented Aklie Edwards from overlapping and kudos to the youth for recognising that he was getting no help and holding his position. Maybe those were his instructions.

Williams made a mess of that cross and wasn't convincing on the others coming in, but I felt that our team started both halves too slow anyway so it was a group goal in that sense. Latas is clearly a step or two too slow, but still has the brains and experience to play for short periods of time. Especially without Yorke there he came on the field at a good time and was able to play strong until the end.

Stern has his history in his favour since Scotland looked the more likely to score. That being said, he had a solid game and should continue to factor in the coach's plans.

Overall we have a lot of things we need to fix, but it was not this terrible performance I've seen some people call it. I've certainly seen us play worse than that. We have to step it up if we're to escape from the U.S. with anything.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
touches..wha scotch yuh slip een?..yuh mean some old end ah white??...
good stuff man

talking bout end ah white...all lime with Tallman last night after the game...was real kicks...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »

U 4get 2 wine dey bumper by d truck after d game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »
Gunner,

I think yuh really mean we does do thing one way, everybody else another way.  We does never have a stadium rocking like virtually every other footballing nation.  Yet man does want to talk about TnT being a footballing nation.  Football not in deez people blood.

Our crowd is very reactionary...I'm not sure if it's as simple as being a football nation (whatever that means) or not...  I've been to many intercol games (especially back in the day) where the atmosphere was pulsating (chanting, rhythm section etc...) for the entire match....same sport (in a sense), and the same people who will go to a Nat'l senior team game and siddung quiet quiet until a man get a long drag lol....

I dunno what it is but there's probably a cultural explanation why schoolmates would vociferously bond as a 12th man to support their school team but as compatriots we can't replicate the same spirit of togetherness for our Nat'l team....

FYI: The Nou Camp (Barca's home gound) has often been criticized as lacking in passion/atmosphere and being very reactionary in their support of the blaugrana...Same criticism was often leveled at Arsenal fans at their old ground at Highbury Stadium...hence the old term Highbury library.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »
The team didn't look terrible but we didn't play with enough urgency for most of the game. Against opposition that closes us down faster we would be in a lot of trouble playing the way we did last night.

Honduras was beatable but given the flow of the game I wouldn't say we SHOULD have won. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »

Our crowd is very reactionary...I'm not sure if it's as simple as being a football nation (whatever that means) or not...  I've been to many intercol games (especially back in the day) where the atmosphere was pulsating (chanting, rhythm section etc...) for the entire match....same sport (in a sense), and the same people who will go to a Nat'l senior team game and siddung quiet quiet until a man get a long drag lol....

I dunno what it is but there's probably a cultural explanation why schoolmates would vociferously bond as a 12th man to support their school team but as compatriots we can't replicate the same spirit of togetherness for our Nat'l team....

FYI: The Nou Camp (Barca's home gound) has often been criticized as lacking in passion/atmosphere and being very reactionary in their support of the blaugrana...Same criticism was often leveled at Arsenal fans at their old ground at Highbury Stadium...hence the old term Highbury library.

The simple fact that we can yell and scream at Intercol games and not national games underscores my point.  School pride trumps national pride when it comes to football.  If that pride permeated all levels of football in TnT, as it does in many other footballing nations then we could lay claim to such a title.  You claim to not know the meaning, but at the heart of any definition is 'passion'.  There simply isn't any national passion for football in TnT.  Not on club level, not on national level.

The examples you give of the random club stadium here and there doesn't really apply because it doesn't translate to either Spain or England on a national level.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:58:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
Wow.  Like Touches went to a different game than me.

Optimism?

The way the team played against Honduras -- is South Quay dey reaching, certainly not South Africa.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:20:05 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2009, 09:18:50 PM »
Wow.  Like Touches went to a different game than me.

Optimism?

The way the team played against Honduras -- is South Quay dey reaching, certainly not Souh Africa.

Oh gormmmmmmmmmmmmm
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:04 PM »
People,

We cannot get to South Africa with Maturana as coach. There is no structure and plan that you can identify on the field. What brand are we playing? Under Beenhakker you could have seen a plan and we had a brand. The team looked solid with a good structure..this compensated for a few men out of position,etc..

Now that this does not exist there is more talk about who should play and who should not...only man people berate under Beenhakker was Stern and Beenhakker insisted that he was a good player and look what he did against Mexico to get us to d Bahrain playoff...

I still believe Hyland and Trent Noel should have started..or at least one of them..Kenwyne and Scotland...and one day Guerra will have to get his chance..anybody who saw him against Panama will realise what a talent he is in midfield.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »

The simple fact that we can yell and scream at Intercol games and not national games underscores my point.  School pride trumps national pride when it comes to football.  If that pride permeated all levels of football in TnT, as it does in many other footballing nations then we could lay claim to such a title.  You claim to not know the meaning, but at the heart of any definition is 'passion'.  There simply isn't any national passion for football in TnT.  Not on club level, not on national level.

The examples you give of the random club stadium here and there doesn't really apply because it doesn't translate to either Spain or England on a national level.

Exactly. Yuh feel an attachment to your school. Is your school...if you doh love it..nobody will. So why not your nation?

And those club examples might be the case..but when it gets hardcore....yuh know the Camp Nou is noisy. It certainly doh be quiet for Classicos. I remember the noise last year when they played manchester utd. They know when is a serious occasion and they rise to it. A World Cup qualifier is a serious thing. I remember when we played mexico in the last hex....i was just going and going...cuz i realised how serious that game was. Buh yuh go have men who go find yuh should hush yuh ass cuz dem come to watch football and dahs it. Dahs why i will always respect english fans....is noise..and is passion galore. I remember hearing some spurs fans boo ashley cole...everytime he touch  the ball. He work a 1-2.....silence when he not in posession....boos as soon as he recieves it again. I swear when crouch come down here...i must be was one of de few people who boo him on each touch. People have different ways to define commitment. Dahs just one way i define mine.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »
People,

We cannot get to South Africa with Maturana as coach. There is no structure and plan that you can identify on the field. What brand are we playing? Under Beenhakker you could have seen a plan and we had a brand. The team looked solid with a good structure..this compensated for a few men out of position,etc..

Now that this does not exist there is more talk about who should play and who should not...only man people berate under Beenhakker was Stern and Beenhakker insisted that he was a good player and look what he did against Mexico to get us to d Bahrain playoff...

I still believe Hyland and Trent Noel should have started..or at least one of them..Kenwyne and Scotland...and one day Guerra will have to get his chance..anybody who saw him against Panama will realise what a talent he is in midfield.

I dont kno about d rules here but cross postin real phukkin annoyin to me anyways >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
Exactly. Yuh feel an attachment to your school. Is your school...if you doh love it..nobody will. So why not your nation?
yeah, if only we can get everyone in thier "InterCol at the Oval" mood
i will always remember those matches
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:05:41 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 01:33:08 AM »
Thanks Touches...nice read as usual. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 01:46:35 AM »
Thanks for the excellent report as always Touches. I agree with your MoM - Carlos Edwards.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 06:49:55 AM »
I didn't think Theobold was bad, but I felt that we'd done the work defensively in the first half and having him and #2 on the field at the same time limited us in an attacking sense going into the second half. Daniel's lack of defensive work prevented Aklie Edwards from overlapping and kudos to the youth for recognising that he was getting no help and holding his position. Maybe those were his instructions.

I have a problem with that assessment.  If you playing central midfield and you are the attacking one of the two midfielders, your job is to distribute.  If you cyar make more than ah 10 yard pass, yuh shouldn't be on the field.  Absolutely no creativity from either of our center midfielders...you cannot win like this..

Also, all this nonsense about the left midfielder not supporting the defense is bull sh...  Let's face it, A. Edwards is not an attacking option out of the back.  He is making absolutely no attempt to do so.  He has acres of space to fill and will not do it.  If you saw the US game vs ElSalvador, the coach removed a defender, put Damarcus Beasley to play left back, now yuh attacking with 8 men and ElSalvador was done.  We cannot attack the way we do and expect to win consistently. 

I think A. Edwards is going to be a very good player with more experience but the coaches MUST urge him to push forward to put pressure on the defense.  Plus, defensively he plays off the forwards way too far for me...He has got to get closer shut down the lanes and apply pressure much quicker.  Wait until we go back to Honduras, he will be exposed defensively. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2009, 07:10:10 AM »
Touches I agree with 95% of what you wrote here.

However, I think that Latas and Jones should have started. Latats, because of his experience and even if for just 30mins, would have eased the pressure on Edwards and Daniel and provide a more potent midefield. He is the "Little Magician" after all even though of his age. In Yorke's and Birchal's absence, he would have been the spark. Just look at how he set up the goal for Hyland.

To me Carlos was good and was the best man on the field in a team that played well below par. Jones last touch remains an issue and a few of his crosses were off a bit. Don't forget one of the corners he threw away.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2009, 07:15:25 AM »
When dey play Latas 4 bout 70 min in d Panama game I thought it was 2 strt him. Is true d game was played at a las lap chip home pace but I thought it was d intention ws 2 give he a ll run so 2 wuk on he fitness.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2009, 07:15:57 AM »
      I won't bother to waste my time mentioning anything about our forward line up or the CONTINUED inclusion of Stern John no matter what. We know that John must be bribing every football coach or is somehow related to Jack Warner or something. So all the best to Jones, Scotland and Glen if they ever get to play properly... I will continue to keep them in my prayers and wonder why Stern is never substituted or why can he for once NOT start and come on as a sub... no need to waste 4 years of my life on that anymore.

Now if we are playing a 4-4-2 system ignoring our obvious lack of strategy on the 2 forwards as per above, we NEED to find a proper right back!! Kudos to Aklie for improving slowly but surely as our left back (why do they dislike Avery John so much) but why on earth would you play Mr. Anthony Wolfe as right back??? No one would think that our 2006 World Cup non-starter striker would be forced to pretend to play right back, why is he there??? Where is Cyd Gray?? Seriously what has Cyd done wrong??? Where is Atiba Charles?? Also our left wing Keon Daniel, though he has a great shot and has scored twice in the campaign (last year) he is extremely SLOW and is a liability defending, (or does not defend at all). Where is Colin Samuel?!?! I know the coach fell out with him last year because he did not go to a game in Jamaica but please beg him to return!! He and Daniel would definitely be good substitutes for left wing, Daniel cannot do it alone!!

I feel sorry for Aklie Edwards who is moreless alone on the left side of defense due to the turtle pace of Daniel and on the right I feel EXTREMELY sorry for Carlos Edwards who is an excellent right back player as well, but we need him to stay on the wing and flank. Edwards had to back up lame Wolfe on numerous occasions on the right back and then run back up, and that is unfair to Edwards as he basically had to cover the entire right side of the pitch especially in the second half to help Wolfe!!

I pray that if we keep this 4-4-2 system we find a better right back, we find someone to help out when Keon Daniel gets tired, and I hope and pray that against the US we START our midfield with Hyland and Birchall!!! You would think that would be common sense since Hyland was obviously more effective than Theobald and of course we ALWAYS need Birchall, but you know with Matushithong at the helm we can only hope and pray...

All the best against the US my Warriors, we are still in it, but let's not lose against the US.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
Post Game part 1 0001

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hgD3TDCzpg4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hgD3TDCzpg4</a>
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>