March 28, 2024, 04:28:53 PM

Author Topic: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread  (Read 12312 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »
Hi hater.. Hi hater... its nothing we major.  :notlistening: :yapping: :whistling:

This is 4 games i see now devoid of criticism on this board.

Lets give jack his jacket and jim his gym boots.

Good job Aklie, Akile or whaever yuh name.. Keep doing yuh ting. :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
yuh know too much football an to big for this...no? X it nah

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »
I thought both wing backs did a decent job yesterday. I am an Akile fan. It would be nice if he goes abroad .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »
schupsss, edwards get pong on that left side, pacheco or nigel daniel over him anyday, edwards play real tata

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »
He had one crazy giveaway to a Honduran attacker that we were lucky to escape from. Besides that he was solid.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »
He had one crazy giveaway to a Honduran attacker that we were lucky to escape from. Besides that he was solid.

Totally agree. He could only get better. I expect to see enuff crow sharing by the end of this campaign.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »

Totally agree. He could only get better. I expect to see enuff crow sharing by the end of this campaign.
I don't know the specifics, but is too bad he turn down the Red Bulls. De more promising young players we could ship out of here the better.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »
I think Anthony Wolfe did well too, the honduran left winger was a speed demon and he was able to match him for pace and didnt let him get behind.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:44 AM »
I think Anthony Wolfe did well too, the honduran left winger was a speed demon and he was able to match him for pace and didnt let him get behind.

Another one who could only get better in that position. I think our wingback positions are well served at this point. We  need Dog now to hold up the central position with Tallman. Things are working out. We WILL qualify.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »

Which is why Coach Maturana put Wolfe to play right back yesterday.

Seon Power would have been too slow

Cyd of 2 years ago even would have been ok but he eh have dah pace again

Spann is toots

It have nobody else....so IMO...brilliant use of resources by Maturana.

Whoever believe dat he doh scout de opposition is highly gullible.

As fuh Akile....respeck Omar.  One a de few dat was willin to give de yute a break.

Copious amounts a crow servin up fuh de haters wit every game dat pass.  It have curry crow, bar-b-q crow, stew crow, roast crow, jerk crow fuh sam and sando  :devil:, it even have a crow pelau....but fuh de likes of brownsugar and weary....it have a specially prepared...SUSHI CROW fuh allyuh!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
schupsss, edwards get pong on that left side, pacheco or nigel daniel over him anyday, edwards play real tata

steups... allyuh man wicked yes.. The man have shown steady improvements and is our best option in the left back position.. stop fighting down the youth nah man!!

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »

Nah Controversial, de young fella played good, made one mistake but otherwise was solid!
Wolfe did not do to bad himself and I don't think we need to call back Dog.....as good as he is but Dog and Tallest need to play with some of the potential players in their position who not gettin call, i.e. JJ and Marshall!

But neff respek mih broddaj! :beermug:

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
The boy was solid. Not spectaular but solid. He is our best option and steadily improving.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »

Spann is toots

As fuh Akile....respeck Omar.  One a de few dat was willin to give de yute a break.

Copious amounts a crow servin up fuh de haters wit every game dat pass.  It have curry crow, bar-b-q crow, stew crow, roast crow, jerk crow fuh sam and sando  :devil:, it even have a crow pelau....but fuh de likes of brownsugar and weary....it have a specially prepared...SUSHI CROW fuh allyuh!!  ;D

Actually in an interview Maturana said that he doesn't study the other team but prepares his team for the way he wants them to play. I honestly believe that the Wolfe move was brought about by Latapy. As I said in an earlier post it is either the Corneals that were sabotaging the team or Latapy's input is way more than many believe. This team is totally different to the pre-latapy days under Maturana. It cant be coincedence!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »

Spann is toots

Actually in an interview Maturana said that he doesn't study the other team but prepares his team for the way he wants them to play. I honestly believe that the Wolfe move was brought about by Latapy. As I said in an earlier post it is either the Corneals that were sabotaging the team or Latapy's input is way more than many believe. This team is totally different to the pre-latapy days under Maturana. It cant be coincedence!

That may well be the case.  My only contention is that whenever something positive happens witgh the team, it's always credited to someone other than the coach.

On the other hand, once it's something remotely negative...it's ALWAYS the coaches fault.

As for Maturana saying he doesn't study the other team...you REALLy didn't take that LITERALLY did you?  AH mean...why did he go to EL Slavador prior to the El Slavador game?  To visit old friends?

My take on that comment was that he was saying he can't concentrate on what the other team is going to do, rather he focuses on getting his team to play to the game plan and play to their maximum potential on the day.  Coaches everywhere say the same thing.  To actually believe that Maturana does not know who Sauzo, Palacios, Pavon, Costly are, what they can do, and what roles they play on their team is stretching it MIGHTILY.  No wonder the coach cyah do anyting right fuh some if dem have dat mentality.

I not sayin Latapy has not had a positive effect, but to give credit to Latapy alone or even majorly for the teams "improvement" is disingenious at best.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »

Spann is toots

So all it takes to play RB for TNT is pace?  It have nobody else with pace in the whole of TNT football?  :o  Why not start Cornell Glen there instead, I think he has more pace than Wolfe and spent his whole career as an attacking player like Wolfe too so would have done even better.  It was a dunce move, we were just lucky that Honduras threw away the many chances that originated from the left side.
Beasely will murder Wolfe on Wednesday

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »

Spann is toots

So all it takes to play RB for TNT is pace?  It have nobody else with pace in the whole of TNT football?  :o  Why not start Cornell Glen there instead, I think he has more pace than Wolfe and spent his whole career as an attacking player like Wolfe too so would have done even better.  It was a dunce move, we were just lucky that Honduras threw away the many chances that originated from the left side.

This post simply shows why you're the resident cynic on a messageboard and not a coach.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »

Spann is toots

Both had ok games, but Wolfe was caught out on many occasions. He have d fight , and pace, but he still lacks the sense of positioning imo.....and I gurantee that the US will know that also..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »

Spann is toots

Both had ok games, but Wolfe was caught out on many occasions. He have d fight , and pace, but he still lacks the sense of positioning imo.....and I gurantee that the US will know that also..

Well the good thing is that pace is the one attribute that can smother other weaknesses, weakenesses that can be coached into playing the position properly.

And yes i agree that we shouldn't be trying to coach anybody into playing a position at the international level. But we have exhausted most options
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:54:29 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
they have no thing as give the lad a break in this boyo...serious business

But once Akeil on the field i supporting him 100% but hopefully when Pro League start we could see better options... Spann should come back home and play MLS or pro league at RB and once he get his games in he is the  best option...he still young and he was the RB under Beenhakker for quite a while

Hopefully Cyd could have a good season as well...but Wolfe was ok yesterday..I always wondered why he never played RB with his pace and aggression...Glenton Wolfe playing LB for connection... we could have both in the Full back positions come June...our very own Da Silva's(Man Utd RB and LB)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »

Spann is toots

That may well be the case.  My only contention is that whenever something positive happens witgh the team, it's always credited to someone other than the coach.

On the other hand, once it's something remotely negative...it's ALWAYS the coaches fault.

As for Maturana saying he doesn't study the other team...you REALLy didn't take that LITERALLY did you?  AH mean...why did he go to EL Slavador prior to the El Slavador game?  To visit old friends?

My take on that comment was that he was saying he can't concentrate on what the other team is going to do, rather he focuses on getting his team to play to the game plan and play to their maximum potential on the day.  Coaches everywhere say the same thing.  To actually believe that Maturana does not know who Sauzo, Palacios, Pavon, Costly are, what they can do, and what roles they play on their team is stretching it MIGHTILY.  No wonder the coach cyah do anyting right fuh some if dem have dat mentality.

I not sayin Latapy has not had a positive effect, but to give credit to Latapy alone or even majorly for the teams "improvement" is disingenious at best.

There is no disingenuity on my part re Maturana. If you read carefully what I am saying is that Latapy is the real brain and tactician on this present team. To me Maturana is nothing more than a figure head kept in place by Jack. Before Latapy came on board how many games we played with 2 strikers? He himself said in the pre latapy days that he plays with 1 striker. So lets me put it plain for peeps on the board. Its Maturana team in name only but Latapy's philosophy on the field.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
he was ok...much improved but did little attacking wise

looks like we have little options on d wing backs

not hating on ya Akile but time to step it up even more!!

Julius waiting in d wings too long!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »

Spann is toots

Doh eat raw fish but Brown go deal wit u in Nashville but she say dat is d US who say dey attacks came through him,. D bredda improve gr8 but he was a hound now he is less of a hound hooray.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
Thanks Weary but like TSTT sort me out finally....so ah come to tell Palos to keep he damn raw fish....and to repeat dat is not me but rather the US that say they thank God we had Aklie/Akiel on we side so dey were able to launch raid after raid on we goal....what de hell I was supposed to think then??...he play crap den ah say so....he playing much better now and I HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT....and it good for we that he is....

Now Aklie, Akiel or however your name is spelt....yuh have a chance to exact your revenge on the US player who said those things about you....in fact check Palos for the recipie for SUSHI Crow and be sure to cook it and feed it to him on Wednesday..... :devil:

And you Mr. Palos ah eh done wid you eh....ah goh deal with you Wednesday!!!... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »
oh lorse...wha Palos gone an get heself in now.. :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »

sure he needs to step it up just like some of our SENIOR players who who aint stepping shit up right now...quick to tell the youth step it up when we have seniors in the team aint doing shit but we would just say they (the seniors) have a quiet game and give them a break lol..and is Julius a central defender?...and if he is then why draw a reference to him in this thread by saying he is waiting in the wings when we know Akeile is a LB..

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »
i always hoped Akile woulda work out, my thing was whether he was de best we had to offer at left back at present..still find as ah left footer he should be doing it to men...Akile if yuh reading do fraid to pick up some moves (dribbling) from Keon, it could only help yuh game.

Oh, and about Pacho eh getting credit, IMHO (as ah man who doh drink and watch de game against USA in chicago sober) unless Latas get fired or leave de wuk and de team still do kinda decent, no effing credit for Pacho!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »
I was one who pong Akile Edwards when he played shit so I have to commend him when he plays well.  In the last two games he has shown a lot of improvement.  Even though he gets minimal help from Keon Daniel.  I hope Akile Edwards continues to improve and gets to play overseas soon.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
I am not a fan of akile but he was decent yesterday but keep in mind honduras didn't play good.  The US will be a good test to see if he really improved.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »

sure he needs to step it up just like some of our SENIOR players who who aint stepping shit up right now...quick to tell the youth step it up when we have seniors in the team aint doing shit but we would just say they (the seniors) have a quiet game and give them a break lol..and is Julius a central defender?...and if he is then why draw a reference to him in this thread by saying he is waiting in the wings when we know Akeile is a LB..

what i was getting at with Julisu James is that we have limited quality options at RB at the moment and maybe they can consider him as a wing back since it's highly unlikely he's going to break into that central defensive partnership of Lawrence and Thomas (though i dont see y not...)

or as someone mentioned b4...how bout the U-20 players...worth a try maybe in some friendlies

1]; } ?>