March 28, 2024, 10:43:07 AM

Author Topic: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread  (Read 12307 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »
I think Anthony Wolfe did well too, the honduran left winger was a speed demon and he was able to match him for pace and didnt let him get behind.

Which is why Coach Maturana put Wolfe to play right back yesterday.

Seon Power would have been too slow

Cyd of 2 years ago even would have been ok but he eh have dah pace again

Spann is toots

It have nobody else....so IMO...brilliant use of resources by Maturana.

So all it takes to play RB for TNT is pace?  It have nobody else with pace in the whole of TNT football?  :o  Why not start Cornell Glen there instead, I think he has more pace than Wolfe and spent his whole career as an attacking player like Wolfe too so would have done even better.  It was a dunce move, we were just lucky that Honduras threw away the many chances that originated from the left side.
Beasely will murder Wolfe on Wednesday

This post simply shows why you're the resident cynic on a messageboard and not a coach.

I guess you are forever the resident optimist on here huh?  2 points from 2 of our 3 easiest games in the hex, 
keep guzzling that kool-aid!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
I guess you are forever the resident optimist on here huh?  2 points from 2 of our 3 easiest games in the hex, 
keep guzzling that kool-aid!

I think allyuh underestimating the quality of the teams in this hex oui.  true we had a golden opportunity in the first game, but that same El Salvador team nearly take 3 points from the US who on paper appears to be concacaf's best team.  Our team didn't have the quality necessary in the midfield nor up front to truly dominate this last game.  We have some quality proffessional players who depending on your perspective either lazy, not hungry enough or are simply underachievers.  So far KJ & Scotty can't seem to translate their club dominance to the NT setup.  And though Stern has been a juggernaut for us over the years, I wonder if he too just lack the zeal sometimes. 

Omar big up fuh this thread, cause if you didn't do it I would have.  I don't know A. Edwards personally nor have any stake in rating him but I have always maintained that given the opportunity the player will continue to develop well in the LB position.  Palos many here will never credit Maturana with anything because they just don't care to be objective about it.  If nothing else I certainly will credit him with instilling confidence in Edwards while giving him an opportunity to develop by making him a fixture in the NT.  I don't think our team has performed up to potential but in most instances under many coaches they haven't.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
OK lets give Mats d Order Of TNT because he give Edwards a bly and he developing. Forgive me but dat is he wuk he wuk is also 2 get we 2 SA as d man say we reachin South Quay wit d way we playin but we eh loose a game so we should b happy like pappy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
OK lets give Mats d Order Of TNT because he give Edwards a bly and he developing. Forgive me but dat is he wuk he wuk is also 2 get we 2 SA as d man say we reachin South Quay wit d way we playin but we eh loose a game so we should b happy like pappy.

How much Guinness yuh drink dis mornin already?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »

Yuh right da iz he job.  Luckily he know his job better than most forum members who call him all kinda names behind da same Edwards that he stickin with.  He eh give the youth no bly, Edwards seems to have impressed Maturana in some way.  Ah bly is wha he give Spann when he started him those few games.  Ah bly is starting Hislop, Edwards eh no bly.  I eh ecstatic over no draw so me eh jumpin up over dat.  I jus find most of his detractors in here is ah setta hypocrite that elect to vilify him for the ngatives and ignore him for the positives.  Is either it's his team or is not.  It cah be latapy team when praises available to heap but is he team when time fuh negative criticisms.  I find allyuh should just as well be blazing Latapy fuh de negatives since allyuh anoint him as the heir apparent and the true puppet master in the current setup.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 10:40:46 AM »

How much Guinness yuh drink dis mornin already?  ;D

U know I does only drink coca cola.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

Yuh right da iz he job.  Luckily he know his job better than most forum members who call him all kinda names behind da same Edwards that he stickin with.  He eh give the youth no bly, Edwards seems to have impressed Maturana in some way.  Ah bly is wha he give Spann when he started him those few games.  Ah bly is starting Hislop, Edwards eh no bly.  I eh ecstatic over no draw so me eh jumpin up over dat.  I jus find most of his detractors in here is ah setta hypocrite that elect to vilify him for the ngatives and ignore him for the positives.  Is either it's his team or is not.  It cah be latapy team when praises available to heap but is he team when time fuh negative criticisms.  I find allyuh should just as well be blazing Latapy fuh de negatives since allyuh anoint him as the heir apparent and the true puppet master in the current setup.

He get a bly because he was not suppose 2 b d number 1 4 dat position so say we d fans. As d man who d TTFF payin dat is he pick. As meh gyul say is d US players who say all dey attacks went true he. So he improve gr8 dat is what u suppose 2 do. As 4 annointin Latas is Mats in oui waist since Ash wed 2008 man even givin BSC a 2nd thought

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
He get a bly because he was not suppose 2 b d number 1 4 dat position so say we d fans. As d man who d TTFF payin dat is he pick. As meh gyul say is d US players who say all dey attacks went true he. So he improve gr8 dat is what u suppose 2 do. As 4 annointin Latas is Mats in oui waist since Ash wed 2008 man even givin BSC a 2nd thought

Good thing fan babble doh seem to influence Pacho.  Anybody who callin fuh BSC need to be fackin executed!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »

Good thing fan babble doh seem to influence Pacho.  Anybody who callin fuh BSC need to be fackin executed!!

What does influence Mats he doh scout so dat eh influencin he selection.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

All kix aside You seriously believe dat?!! :o

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »

All kix aside You seriously believe dat?!! :o

Of course not but doh b chattin such foolishness in an interview it just confirm y I does call yuh dumbtist.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »
Of course not but doh b chattin such foolishness in an interview it just confirm y I does call yuh dumbtist.

Like you musse feel he obligated to be honest with the media oui.  Check de judgement eh:  If he say "we have scouted the opponent and feel like we've made good adjustments to what we saw,"  then the Warriors proceed to get deh ass cut wha yuh go say? Well at least he scout?!  All that matters is what he is able to get out of the team.  Some might think he is underachieving but when was the last time under any coaching regime did TnT start off firing on all cylinders?  Fuh as long as I been watching we teams play we does always be trying to make it in or around the last possible game.  Strike squad wasn't no different in 89 and under Beenie we eh clinch ah berth until beating Bahrain.  What Pacho is getting from this team seems like par for the course, but to hear some ah we complain yuh would swear he have world class talent and losing to teams that we outclass by far.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

Like you musse feel he obligated to be honest with the media oui.  Check de judgement eh:  If he say "we have scouted the opponent and feel like we've made good adjustments to what we saw,"  then the Warriors proceed to get deh ass cut wha yuh go say? Well at least he scout?!  All that matters is what he is able to get out of the team.  Some might think he is underachieving but when was the last time under any coaching regime did TnT start off firing on all cylinders?  Fuh as long as I been watching we teams play we does always be trying to make it in or around the last possible game.  Strike squad wasn't no different in 89 and under Beenie we eh clinch ah berth until beating Bahrain.  What Pacho is getting from this team seems like par for the course, but to hear some ah we complain yuh would swear he have world class talent and losing to teams that we outclass by far.

He eh have 2 b honest but doh chat nonsense. So because yuh grt gran fadder/grand fadder and fadder was poor u gob poor. When u family go b rich u great grand chile. We not progressin so dat is ah right. If BSC did remain u tink we woulda get a chance 2 play Bahran far less beat dem. 

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »
Nobody want to comment here tonight..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
 ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »
Delete this shit thread.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »
We appreciate dat he like d sport but d sport eh like him.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
LOL!!  Do I sense a lack of appreciation this evening?  8)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
what is there to appreciate with this shithound
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »
Men have d knives sharp waiting for Palos to surface.....

Doh study it boy palos the knife is only to cut up the crow, make it easy to swallow.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »
LOL!!  Do I sense a lack of appreciation this evening?  8)

Nah meh sis appreciate d lime dat goin on Nashville

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
So lemmeh get dis straight.

Is Akile Edwards fault why we colleck 3 tonight?

Ah jes curious.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

Ah jes curious.

Nah man, we have a history of blooding wing backs by Baptism of fire and he will get stronger for it...

Our problems stem deeper than the fallicies of one player
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »

Ah jes curious.

He have 2 take his share of blame but he eh pick himself but as 2 d man who pick he. I know this by heart.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
Akile Edwards good for 2 things:
1) not getting red cards like cyd or avery
2) taking throw ins

Somewhere i heard a rumour that he overlaps and can cross.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »
the man was left exposed tonite...he was really found wanting.  but leon coulda track back and try to help defend

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
edwards is pure shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
the man was left exposed tonite...he was really found wanting.  but leon coulda track back and try to help defend

Steups all dis talk bout de man getting leave expose... the man lacking de fundamentals and he ent learning at all

he cyah mark, he cyah pass, he does make foul throw... next!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
Nobody eh answer meh question yet.

I'll ask again.

Was Akile Edwards responsible for our loss tonight?

Thanx

Peeps sayin he is shit.  He sure didn't have a great game.

But what about Christopher Birchall?  Or Clyde Leon?  Or Keon Daniel?  Or the wuss player by far on de field tonight IMO...Kenwyne Jones?

No words bout dem eh?...Jes Akile Edwards.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
Nobody eh answer meh question yet.

I'll ask again.

Was Akile Edwards responsible for our loss tonight?

Thanx

Peeps sayin he is shit.  He sure didn't have a great game.

But what about Christopher Birchall?  Or Clyde Leon?  Or Keon Daniel?  Or the wuss player by far on de field tonight IMO...Kenwyne Jones?

No words bout dem eh?...Jes Akile Edwards.

Nah u eh c d pic of KJ AKA Dareem Charles

1]; } ?>