March 28, 2024, 04:28:10 AM

Author Topic: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread  (Read 12303 times)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Aklie Edwards Appreciation Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
I magine after the last USA game, the USA players saying how they exploited our left back. Who we put left back? Who they attacked right away? Who eh learn nothing?

Yuh drunk or yuh fackin blind?!!  Is Wolfe who get eat up and cause the defense to end up scrambling.  Not absolving Edwards of blame because he truly failed to keep his body on Altidore, but the breakdown that led to the opportunity is all because of Wolfe.

Some ah allyuh want to rag on this youth so bad that allyuh seeing red (no pun intended) anytime he near the ball.  Sure he bears some (even most if yuh not objective) of the blame for that first goal, but in the second half the US wasn't able to exploit his side as he was very solid.  Talk any shit allyuh want but doh subjectively evaluate the man on one goal when he played the whole game and was more than adequate in the second half.  Both goals were as a result of the RB position getting completely devoured.  Allyuh seem to be so biased against this fella that allyuh will talk any amount of shit.

Once again I am not saying he had a great or even good game, but he isn't to blame in totality for our demise.  Blame Stern for trottin like ah kismyass equestrian horse and failing to be part of some of the offensive opportunities that could have had positive potential.  Blame fackin KJ for being made outta concrete and unable to trap balls I could have at 10 muddac**t years old.  Blame Daniel fuh failing to use his skill to advance ah muddass ball past midfield.  It have enough blame to go around, so doh be stingy wid it.

Well said, except for de Stern part.  Stern worked his ass off last night.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
Yuh drunk or yuh fackin blind?!!  Is Wolfe who get eat up and cause the defense to end up scrambling.  Not absolving Edwards of blame because he truly failed to keep his body on Altidore, but the breakdown that led to the opportunity is all because of Wolfe.

Doh try dat... Wolfe f**k up and let Donovan skate past him is true but Tallest was still covering Donovan... Edwards had nothing to do with Donovan, Edwards role in that was to mark the man on the back post... Altidore.  He NEVER made one step in Donovan's direction, instead he get ketch flat-footed and gaping and allowed Altidore to slip in behind him.

Some ah allyuh want to rag on this youth so bad that allyuh seeing red (no pun intended) anytime he near the ball.  Sure he bears some (even most if yuh not objective) of the blame for that first goal, but in the second half the US wasn't able to exploit his side as he was very solid.  Talk any shit allyuh want but doh subjectively evaluate the man on one goal when he played the whole game and was more than adequate in the second half.  Both goals were as a result of the RB position getting completely devoured.  Allyuh seem to be so biased against this fella that allyuh will talk any amount of shit.

Once again I am not saying he had a great or even good game, but he isn't to blame in totality for our demise.  Blame Stern for trottin like ah kismyass equestrian horse and failing to be part of some of the offensive opportunities that could have had positive potential.  Blame fackin KJ for being made outta concrete and unable to trap balls I could have at 10 muddac**t years old.  Blame Daniel fuh failing to use his skill to advance ah muddass ball past midfield.  It have enough blame to go around, so doh be stingy wid it.

Which game you watch?  Edwards was getting undressed whole night.  Not only that but why we blaming Stern and KJ if the focus in this thread is on de defensive lapses??  Yuh doh lose because yuh ent score goals... yuh lose because yuh concede.  Fuh all we offensive ineptitude the defense was in shambles last night... but what else new.

Both Wolfe and Edwards were at fault for the first goal.  Once Wolfe allowed Donovan to waltz past him the entire defense lost its shape.  Edwards made an elementary defending mistake.  He allowed Altidore to get between him and the ball.  This is a team sport so is not always as simple as pointing the finger at one player.  As for your point about Keon not helping Edwards I have been saying the same thing but everybody just want to point the finger at Akile Edwards.  Keon Daniel played like a lazy f**ker constantly leaving Edwards exposed.

All de talk about playing Daniel in central midfield is a watse of time until he gets an attitude adjustment.  When he learns to play with some heart and zeal then we can address which position is best suited for his talent.

Altidore never got between Edwards and the ball... allyuh men just imagining things.  Altidore ran UNCOVERED to collect the cross and deposit it in the back of the net.  Edwards wasn't even in the picture... he come sliding in after de ball done settle somewhey by Ince water bottle. 

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »

Doh try dat... Wolfe f**k up and let Donovan skate past him is true but Tallest was still covering Donovan... Edwards had nothing to do with Donovan, Edwards role in that was to mark the man on the back post... Altidore.  He NEVER made one step in Donovan's direction, instead he get ketch flat-footed and gaping and allowed Altidore to slip in behind him.

Which game you watch?  Edwards was getting undressed whole night.  Not only that but why we blaming Stern and KJ if the focus in this thread is on de defensive lapses??  Yuh doh lose because yuh ent score goals... yuh lose because yuh concede.  Fuh all we offensive ineptitude the defense was in shambles last night... but what else new.

Both Wolfe and Edwards were at fault for the first goal.  Once Wolfe allowed Donovan to waltz past him the entire defense lost its shape.  Edwards made an elementary defending mistake.  He allowed Altidore to get between him and the ball.  This is a team sport so is not always as simple as pointing the finger at one player.  As for your point about Keon not helping Edwards I have been saying the same thing but everybody just want to point the finger at Akile Edwards.  Keon Daniel played like a lazy f**ker constantly leaving Edwards exposed.

All de talk about playing Daniel in central midfield is a watse of time until he gets an attitude adjustment.  When he learns to play with some heart and zeal then we can address which position is best suited for his talent.

Altidore never got between Edwards and the ball... allyuh men just imagining things.  Altidore ran UNCOVERED to collect the cross and deposit it in the back of the net.  Edwards wasn't even in the picture... he come sliding in after de ball done settle somewhey by Ince water bottle. 
[/quote
HMMMM so ah wonder how Altidore make a far post run UNMARKED?.. well is because the man get burn and then divign on he chest like he see Maracas or Las Cuevas... allyuh man is kicks yes ::)
All American

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2009, 03:06:24 PM »
HMMMM so ah wonder how Altidore make a far post run UNMARKED?.. well is because the man get burn and then divign on he chest like he see Maracas or Las Cuevas... allyuh man is kicks yes ::)

Is your comprehension dat is kicks...

To say he get burn is one thing... to say he had Altidore in front of him is another.  Jozy was never between Edwards and the ball... there was never a straight line from ball to Jozy to Edwards.  To say Altidore got between Edwards and the ball is to imply that Edwards was in line with both the man and the ball... which wasn't the case.  If he Altidore was between him and the ball  then that implies that he would have had a chance to make a play on the ball if Altidore wasn't in the way. Edwards never had a chance to even touch the ball Altidore or not, he was trailing the play because he let Altidore get away from him.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

I hope you feel better now buddy.  Either way I was there live and watching

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2009, 03:58:01 PM »

...and what is yuh point? Not only did I see it as it happened on TV, I also had the benefit of seeing numerous replays as well.  You being there "live" ent telling me on fart.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »

...and what is yuh point? Not only did I see it as it happened on TV, I also had the benefit of seeing numerous replays as well.  You being there "live" ent telling me on fart.

i couldnt agree more, whether you saw them live or on tv, they play shit either way and it was obvious in living colour our wingbacks were the main fault

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »

Well your eyes must have deceived you or yuh TV need replacing.  In the second half Edwards handled himself well and made some good defensive plays.  I know what I and other people who was there watching was seeing and saying.  Just the same how some here think Stern played well (from TV perspective) while we who was watching from the stands saw all the times when he (was in his one speed trot and) didn't get into positions to aid on attack.  In the end you'll go on an on as is your style but I know what I saw, not sure what you saw and not too sure I care either way.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »

I thought they said a record for the largest crowd to ever watch a soccer game in nashville. I eh know is you alone was in the stands.
I was right there too, and I was specifically watching Akile, cause I knew that would be a point of contention. Akile could not pass gas. He lacks the 4 speeds which is required of top soccer players. Simple passes with one oponent facing him and he kicking the ball away. More than once he let his play get the better of him. He always facing his goal. You have to be joking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
I thought they said a record for the largest crowd to ever watch a soccer game in nashville. I eh know is you alone was in the stands.
I was right there too, and I was specifically watching Akile, cause I knew that would be a point of contention. Akile could not pass gas. He lacks the 4 speeds which is required of top soccer players. Simple passes with one oponent facing him and he kicking the ball away. More than once he let his play get the better of him. He always facing his goal. You have to be joking.

Daiz jackass talk and you know it breds.  And I am specifically talking about defensive plays in the second half on his side of the field.  Don't do like the rest and take things into another context.  I made no mention about nothing to do with going forward so that is irrelivant to what I am discussing really!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »

Daiz jackass talk and you know it breds.  And I am specifically talking about defensive plays in the second half on his side of the field.  Don't do like the rest and take things into another context.  I made no mention about nothing to do with going forward so that is irrelivant to what I am discussing really!

First half, second half, third period, individually the fella not there. His defensive technique is really poor. JOzi breathe on the mn and he fall down.
The one Jozi put over bar, is akile again he run past.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:11 PM »
i have a massive post coming because i have alot to vent on about the entire fiasco last night but i cudnt pass up this thread. Akile Edwards is pure shit and needs to be dropped from this team. this isnt the first time ive said this. our opponents know this as well. the first pass off of the kick off went to dempsey towards shitty edwards...cause they know thats the weak link. unfortunately mats put a midfielder/forward to play right back so edwards had significant company in the shitty defenders department. but this fella shud never wear a national team shirt playing the way he is now!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Akiel Edwards i appreciate that you would not be playing next game and i will appreciate that you play no more games for tnt until u get it together. thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
He cyah pass gas oh lawddddddddddddd
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »

Apparently you don't understand football terms. Most times when a coach tells his player he is facing his goall to often, then the coach mean the player is always chasing the opponent (he getting beat right through). Cross ball coming in, he on the weak side and he facing the goal. The only direction he could play is to the goal line.

He has no idea when to mark the player or when to zone.

1]; } ?>